- In skillet, brown beef nin shortening with potatoes and celery, stir to separate meat.
- Pour off fat.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Cover; simmer 10 minutes.
- Stir oftne.
BUDDY'S FISH HASH
This is a 75-year-old family recipe. Buddy is now in his late 70s and can vividly remember his father making this for him as a child. (His dad died when he was 7.) His dad worked with the Coast Guard Station in Virginia Beach and this meal was a staple for the station crew as well as his family.
Provided by Food Network
Yield 1 serving
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Steam or boil the fish 7 to 8 minutes. Remove the fish and let cool 3 minutes, then very carefully peel and discard the skin. Slowly remove the meat from the bones using a fork or small knife (take your time with this as the more you pay attention, the fewer small bones you will find in your finished meal).
- Chop the baked potato into bite-size chunks and add the fish to the potatoes. Top with the bacon and onions, then add vinegar and pepper, to taste. Mix all the ingredients together to a hash, using a fork, and enjoy!
- Pierce both potatoes a few times, put in the microwave and cook on high until cooked through, 5 to 10 minutes. Carefully remove the skin from the sweet potato. Dice both potatoes and set aside.
- In a medium skillet, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter over medium heat. Add the bell peppers, squash, zucchini and onions and cook for a few minutes. Add the diced potatoes to the veggies and cook until golden brown. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a separate pan, melt the remaining tablespoon of butter over medium heat and crack in the eggs. Cook until the whites have set, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Serve up the hash with a fried egg on top of each portion.
Believe it or not, I originally heard this recipe on a television commercial! That was many years ago, and I still make this hash often. Try it with some corn bread or corn chips on the side.-Karen Ann Bland, Gove, Kansas
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6-8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, rice, green pepper, onion and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer about 30 minutes. Top with cheese slices or shredded cheddar; cook until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 296 calories, Fat 12g fat (7g saturated fat), Cholesterol 46mg cholesterol, Sodium 852mg sodium, Carbohydrate 27g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 18g protein.
More about "rodeo hash recipes"
OUR BEST HASH RECIPES TO MAKE ANY TIME OF DAY | ALLRECIPES
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
OLD FASHIONED ROAST BEEF HASH RECIPE - I REALLY LIKE FOOD!
BOB EVANS POT ROAST HASH RECIPE - SECRET COPYCAT RESTAURANT …
CORNED BEEF HASH - DAMN DELICIOUS
10 BEST SOUTHERN PORK HASH RECIPES | YUMMLY
RODEO HASH - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
RODEO HASH — STRONG SUPPAH
HASH RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
RODEO HASH RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
10 BEST GROUND BEEF HASH RECIPES | YUMMLY
POTATO HASH RECIPE (DINER-STYLE CRISPY SKILLET POTATOES)
25 INSANELY DELICIOUS BREAKFAST HASH RECIPES
15 CORNED BEEF HASH RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
COWBOY SKILLET HASH - COUNTRY CLEAVER
OUR BEST HASH RECIPES | COOKING LIGHT
ASTRAY RECIPES: HASH RECIPES
RODEO SAUCE - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
DUKES BBQ HASH: AUTHENTIC SC BBQ HASH RECIPE - DESTINATION BBQ
ASTRAY RECIPES: CHICKEN RODEO
23 OLD WEST COWBOY FOOD RECIPES | RECIPELION.COM
13 RODEO RECIPE IDEAS | RANCH RECIPE, HIDDEN VALLEY RECIPES, …
BEEF HASH RECIPE : TASTE OF SOUTHERN
RODEO HASH | HASH RECIPE, RAW POTATO, QUICK COOKING
31 FABULOUS ROSH HASHANAH RECIPES - MAY I HAVE THAT RECIPE?
PORK ROAST HASH | RICARDO
RODEO HASH | HEALTHY FREE RECIPE, COOKING, FOOD
HEAVENLY HASH RECIPE : TASTE OF SOUTHERN
RED FLANNEL HASH - A FAMILY FEAST®
HOW TO COOK WITH HASH: DELICIOUS AND EFFECTIVE EDIBLES
FISH HASH - LOVE ON THE TABLE®
CHORIZO HASH - SKILLET CHORIZO POTATOES - SPRINKLES AND SPROUTS
PORK HASH - ONOLICIOUS HAWAIʻI
RODEO BURGER RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
RODEO HOUSTON BBQ COOKOFF 2021 - THERESCIPES.INFO
HOW TO MAKE HASH: THE COMPLETE GUIDE - HONEST MARIJUANA
RODEO - MEMORIAL HERMANN HEALTH SYSTEM
RODEO HASH - PLAIN.RECIPES
CROCK POT RODEO OMELET - FILTER FREE PARENTS
CORNED BEEF HASH | RECIPERODEO.COM
HUNGRY JACK HASH BROWNS - THERESCIPES.INFO
RODEO BREAKFAST SKILLET - RIPEN UP YOUR LIFE!LIFE'S A TOMATO
SWEET POTATO HASH WITH SAUSAGE - DINNER AT THE ZOO
RODEO HASH RECIPE BY QUICK.EASY.COOKING | IFOOD.TV
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #main-dish #beef #dietary #one-dish-meal #low-carb #ground-beef #low-in-something #meat
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook beef hash in the oven?Add the roast beef, garlic, thyme, cayenne, and nutmeg. Cook for 5 more minutes, stirring occasionally. Pour in the heavy cream and stir until distributed. Then press down on the hash with the back of a spatula and cook for a final 10 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes until very crispy and browned.
What is the best hash to cook?Potato hash has been a family favourite for generations. This classic combination of potatoes, corned beef, and sweetcorn makes for a tasty dinner, which can be on the table in 45 mins. This mouth-watering potato hash is so easy to make at home – its ideal for using up leftovers.
What is hash and how do you use it?In fact, you can use hash in pretty much the same way as cannabis flowers to make medicated foods and beverages, known as edibles . Cooking with hash has been gaining traction because you can estimate the dosage more accurately than you can when cooking with flowers. Since hash is a homogeneous mixture, it spreads THC evenly throughout a dish.
How long does it take to make potato hash?This classic combination of potatoes, corned beef, and sweetcorn makes for a tasty dinner, which can be on the table in 45 mins. This mouth-watering potato hash is so easy to make at home – its ideal for using up leftovers.