ROSE PETAL ICE CREAM
I was hooked after one bite of this very exotic dessert. The first time I ever tried it, it was after some prompting from my friend to just "try it!" Well I did and after a while would haunt this ice cream shop in New Hope Pennsylvania, because that was the only other place I could find it (although thiers was not quite as good) I finally found a recipe after a google search. Thank you to the Border Grill, in Pasadena for publishing this recipe on the NBC4 website! (cooking time is approximate freezing time)
Provided by CHRISSYG
Categories Frozen Desserts
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Wash the rose petals in cold water and pat dry. In a heavy, non-reactive saucepan, place petals of 2 roses, milk, cream, and ½ cup of the sugar. Place over medium heat and heat to just under boiling. Let steep about a half hour to infuse.
- Combine the egg yolks and the remaining ½ cup of sugar in a mixing bowl. Whisk until thick and pale yellow. Bring the rose/cream mixture back to a near boil and whisk ¼ of the warm mixture into the egg and sugar mixture. Then pour all of the egg mixture into the rose milk and place over low heat. Cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Strain into a bowl and chill on ice. Pour into the ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions. Transfer finished ice cream into bowl and add the torn petals from the remaining rose. Fold into ice cream and pack into freezing container.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 670.2, Fat 56.2, SaturatedFat 33.9, Cholesterol 381.9, Sodium 70.1, Carbohydrate 38.7, Sugar 33.5, Protein 5.9
ROSE PETAL PISTACHIO ICE CREAM
- Rinse the rose petals in cold water, and pat dry. Place 2/3 cup of rose petals in a saucepan with the heavy cream, half-and-half cream, and 1/3 cup of sugar. Place over medium heat, and bring the mixture to a bare simmer, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, and let the cream and rose petals steep for about 30 minutes. If you prefer, strain out the used rose petals. Set the remaining 1/3 cup of uncooked rose petals aside for later.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spread pistachio nuts out onto a baking sheet, and bake until lightly toasted and fragrant, about 5 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Prepare an ice water bath for rapidly chilling the ice cream mix: set a large bowl in the sink, and fill with ice cubes and enough water to let the cubes begin to melt. Place a strainer over a 2-quart bowl and set it in the ice bath. Have the ice water bath and bowl ready while you make the custard.
- Place the egg yolks and 1/3 cup of sugar in a mixing bowl and whisk the yolks and sugar until thick and pale yellow.
- Place the saucepan with the rose-scented cream back over medium-low heat, and bring almost to a simmer, stirring constantly. Gradually pour about a cup of the hot rose cream into the egg yolks, whisking constantly. Repeat with the remaining hot cream. Return the mixture to the saucepan and cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture is smooth, thickened, and coats the back of a spoon, about 5 more minutes. When mixture is just thickened, remove it from the heat.
- Pour the hot custard through the strainer into the chilled bowl in the ice bath.
- Stir the ice cream mix for about 2 minutes to prevent lumping, and mix in the rose water. Start with 1 teaspoon of the flavoring, and add more to taste, up to 2 or more tablespoons. Stir in food coloring, if desired. Place a sheet of plastic wrap against the surface of the ice cream mix, squeezing out any air pockets. Chill the ice cream mix for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Place the chilled ice cream mix into an ice cream freezer, and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. When the ice cream is soft-frozen, scoop into a lidded container, and stir in the remaining rose petals and the pistachios to combine. Freeze, covered, for several hours to firm up before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 461.8 calories, Carbohydrate 30.5 g, Cholesterol 304 mg, Fat 35.3 g, Fiber 0.5 g, Protein 8.1 g, SaturatedFat 19.7 g, Sodium 94.5 mg, Sugar 22.9 g
More about "rose petal ice cream recipes"
ROSE PETAL ICE CREAM RECIPE | COOK THE BOOK - SERIOUS EATS
Author BangiebTotal Time 6 hrsCategory Dessert, Ice CreamCalories 289 per serving
ROSE PETAL HOMEMADE ICE CREAM RECIPE • HOMESTEAD LADY
5/5 (2)Category Healthy RecipesCuisine DessertTotal Time 1 hr 15 mins
ROSE PETAL ICE CREAM (GELATO DI ROSE) - ALL THINGS …
ROSE PETAL ICE-CREAM RECIPE | GOOD FOOD
DIY ROSE PETAL BODY CREAM RECIPE - LOVELY GREENS
15 EDIBLE (AND DELICIOUS!) ROSE PETAL RECIPES - FOODRETRO
ROSE PETAL AND SAFFRON ICE CREAM RECIPE BY NIK SHARMA
10 BEST ROSE PETAL FOOD RECIPES | YUMMLY
ROSE PETAL ICE CREAM RECIPE :: DELICIOUS & FRAGRANT DESSERT
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
ROSE PETAL ICE CREAM (ROSENBLAD GLASS) - SWEDISH FOOD …
ROSE ICE CREAM RECIPE (NO CHURN) • THE FRESH COOKY
ROSE PETAL PISTACHIO ICE CREAM - GLUTEN FREE RECIPES
ROSE PETAL ICE CREAM – PâTICHERI
ROSE PETAL ICE-CREAM RECIPE BY BIBI ZAINUB S.
10+ RECIPES WITH FRESH ROSE PETALS - SEW HISTORICALLY
ROSE PETAL ICE CREAM - STARCHEFS.COM
ROSE PETAL TAHINI ICE CREAM – LA BOîTE
ROSE PETAL AND SAFFRON ICE CREAM — NIK SHARMA
ROSE PETAL PISTACHIO ICE CREAM RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
SWEET ROSE ICE CREAM WITH ROSE PETAL TURKISH DELIGHT PIECES
ROSE PETAL ICE CREAM - COOK REPUBLIC
ROSE PETAL ICE CREAM - FARM BELL RECIPES
ROSE PETAL JAM ICE CREAM - HONEST COOKING
ROSE PETAL ICE CREAM RECIPE - QUERICAVIDA.COM
GULKAND ICE CREAM / ROSE PETAL ICE CREAM VIDEO RECIPE
ROSE PETAL PISTACHIO ICE CREAM - PLAIN.RECIPES
ROSE PETAL ICE CREAM | KALOFAGAS.CA
ROSE PETAL AND RHUBARB ICE CREAM - THE CIRCUS GARDENER'S KITCHEN
EASY ROSE ICE CREAM | EGGLESS ROSE ICE CREAM | ROSE PETAL ICE CREAM …
ROSE PETAL/GULKAND ICE CREAM | NUTS FOR NAAN
PEONY AND ROSE PETAL ICE CREAM - HEALTHY GREEN KITCHEN
ROSE PETAL ICE CREAM OVER BERRIES – SUNSHINE COAST OLIVE OIL
GULKAND ICECREAM | ROSE ICE CREAM | ROSE PETAL ICE CREAM
HOMEMADE ROSE PETAL JAM (AND HOW TO USE IT!) | FEASTING AT HOME
ROSE PETAL GADBAD ICE CREAM RECIPE BY DIPESH SHINDE
ROSE PETAL ICE CREAM | FAGE IRELAND
ROSE PETAL PISTACHIO ICE CREAM - NONONSENSE.RECIPES
ROSE PETAL JAM ICE CREAM RECIPE - INDIAN SIMMER
WILD ROSE PETAL ICE CREAM RECIPE | USE REAL BUTTER
ROSE PETAL SALVE RECIPE - THE LOST HERBS
ROSE WATER ICE CREAM RECIPE | PETAL TALK - HARRY & DAVID
#time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #desserts #eggs-dairy #easy #summer #frozen-desserts #freezer #dietary #seasonal #equipment #small-appliance #3-steps-or-less #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love