Provided by Elaine Louie
Categories dinner, easy, quick, main course, side dish
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Prepare a large bowl of ice water, and set aside. Place a large pot of water over high heat, and bring to a boil. Add large-leaf spinach, and blanch until bright green and tender, 1 to 2 minutes. Drain, immediately plunge into ice water until cooled, and drain again. Squeeze out excess moisture, chop finely, and set aside.
- In a large sauté pan over medium heat, heat olive oil until shimmering. Add onion, and cook until soft and golden, 7 to 8 minutes. Add garlic, ginger, and chilies and sauté until the garlic and ginger are light brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the baby spinach and cook 1 minute. Add turmeric, and sauté 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the blanched, chopped spinach. Season with salt to taste. Cook 5 to 10 minutes, stirring often. Add fenugreek leaves, butter, nutmeg, and, if desired, heavy cream. Simmer 5 minutes more, stirring occasionally. If necessary, lower heat to medium-low. Serve hot topped with, if desired, fried potato dumplings.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 298, UnsaturatedFat 13 grams, Carbohydrate 28 grams, Fat 19 grams, Fiber 12 grams, Protein 14 grams, SaturatedFat 4 grams, Sodium 1052 milligrams, Sugar 5 grams, TransFat 0 grams
Nutritious spinach makes the base for this traditional, healthy Indian side dish, combined with potato and spices
Provided by Sara Buenfeld
Categories Dinner, Side dish
Yield Serves 4 as a side dish
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Heat 2 tbsp sunflower oil in a large pan, add 1 finely chopped onion, 2 sliced garlic cloves and 1 tbsp chopped ginger, and fry for about 3 mins.
- Stir in 500g potatoes, cut into 2cm chunks, 1 halved, deseeded and finely sliced red chilli, ½ tsp black mustard seeds, ½ tsp cumin seeds, ½ tsp turmeric and ½ tsp salt and continue cooking and stirring for 5 mins more.
- Add a splash of water, cover, and cook for 8-10 mins.
- Check the potatoes are ready by spearing with the point of a knife, and if they are, add 250g spinach leaves and let it wilt into the pan. Take off the heat and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 201 calories, Fat 7 grams fat, SaturatedFat 1 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 27 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 6 grams sugar, Fiber 5 grams fiber, Protein 7 grams protein, Sodium 1.1 milligram of sodium
A recipe that came with my weekly vegetable delivery. I am reposting it here as it was first printed, but I prefer to parboil the potatoes before adding them to the curry. Great with rice and dahl. I often serve it with a paneer curry.
Provided by Sackville
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Fry the cumin seeds in a heavy bottomed pan in a bit of oil and butter until just starting to brown.
- Add the onion and fry until it too starts to brown.
- Add the potato, garlic, turmeric, ginger and garam masala and fry until the potato starts to soften.
- Unless you are using a non-stick pan, you may need to add water and cover to keep the potato from sticking and to help it cook. The first time I did this 1/2 cup at a time and it took about 20-30 minutes but I now prefer to parboil the potatoes, which means you add less water and it only takes about 10 minutes to finish off from this point.
- Add the spinach or chard and cook until it collapses over the potato.
- Salt to taste.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 183.4, Fat 0.7, SaturatedFat 0.1, Sodium 92.1, Carbohydrate 40, Fiber 7, Sugar 3.5, Protein 7.1
WEEKNIGHT ALOO GOBI SAAG
Whenever I am craving Indian food, a golden saag always appears in my mind's eye. Popping mustard and cumin seeds sizzling alongside soft sweet potatoes or cauliflower, adorned with wilted collard greens. Saag dishes are most commonly eaten in the Indian subcontinent in Nepal, Odisha, and West Bengal. It's traditionally served with a maize flour roti, fluffy naan, or chapati in the Punjab region, where it's most commonly eaten.
Provided by Try This Recipe!
Categories Main Dish Recipes Curries Vegetarian
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Heat ghee in a deep skillet over medium-high heat. Fry onion until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add ginger and garlic; cook and stir until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add curry leaves, cumin, mustard seeds, and turmeric. Add potatoes, cauliflower, and chiles; cook and stir until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Add tomatoes and cover with a lid. Reduce heat to low and cook until vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Pour collard greens into the vegetable mixture; replace the lid and cook until wilted, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 311.3 calories, Carbohydrate 60.4 g, Cholesterol 8.2 mg, Fat 4.8 g, Fiber 14.2 g, Protein 12 g, SaturatedFat 2.2 g, Sodium 203.8 mg, Sugar 9.4 g
More about "saag aloo recipes"
SAAG ALOO - NICKY'S KITCHEN SANCTUARY
5/5 (7)Calories 246 per servingCategory Side Dish
- Place the potatoes in a pan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 8-10 minutes until tender.
SAAG ALOO - RECREATE THIS AUTHENTIC SAAG ALOO RECIPE IN …
Reviews 3Category Side DishCuisine IndianTotal Time 45 mins
- Boil the potatoes in a large pot of salted water for 10 minutes or until tender. Drain the potatoes and leave it steam dry.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the cumin and mustard seeds for 2 minutes or until their aromas are released.
- Add the onion and continue frying on a medium heat with the spices until it softens and turns golden in colour.
THE BEST AUTHENTIC SAAG ALOO RECIPE | SPICENTICE
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
SAAG ALOO RECIPE | SPINACH AND POTATO CURRY - THE …
SAAG ALOO – SALMA'S RECIPES – STEP BY STEP RECIPES
SAAG ALOO IN 25 MINUTES, SIMPLE AND DELICIOUS - VEGAN …
SAAG ALOO - INDIAN RESTAURANT STYLE - GLEBE KITCHEN
SAAG ALOO RECIPE | INDIAN SIDE DISHES | TESCO REAL FOOD
SAAG ALOO RECIPE - BBC FOOD
SAAG ALOO (SPINACH POTATO CURRY) - SPICE CRAVINGS
SAAG ALOO RECIPE | JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES
SAAG ALOO | HARI GHOTRA
SAAG ALOO - PINCH OF NOM
SAAG ALOO (SPINACH & POTATO CURRY) - VEGAN RECIPE FROM COOK EAT …
SAAG ALOO IN INSTANT POT (SPINACH POTATO CURRY)
SAAG ALOO: INDIAN SPINACH AND POTATOES L PANNING THE GLOBE
SAAG ALOO | FOOD OVER 50
SAAG ALOO | THE VEGAN SOCIETY
SAAG ALOO INDIAN RESTAURANT STYLE - SPLASH OF TASTE - VEGETARIAN …
SAAG ALOO RECIPE | INDIAN SIDE DISHES | INDIAN POTATO RECIPE
POTATO SAAG ALOO WITH PAN-FRIED PANEER RECIPE | COLES
SAAG ALOO RECIPE | OLIVEMAGAZINE
RESTAURANT STYLE SAAG ALOO | J COOKING ODYSSEY
SAAG ALOO RECIPE - MISTY RICARDO CURRY KITCHEN
BEST VEGAN SAAG ALOO RECIPE | BLESS MY FOOD BY PAYAL
SAAG ALOO | ALOO PALAK | POTATO SPINACH CURRY - MY DAINTY KITCHEN
SAAG ALOO RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
VEGAN SAAG ALOO (SPINACH & POTATO CURRY) - THE VEGAN LARDER
KADDU KE PATTE OR DANTHAL KI SABJI|KADDU KE SAAG OR ALOO KI SABJI ...
SLOW COOKER SAAG ALOO - HAPPY VEGGIE KITCHEN
SAAG ALOO RECIPE - SPINACH AND POTATO CURRY - THE CURRY GUY
SAAG ALOO WITH FROZEN SPINACH RECIPE (VEGETARIAN, GLUTEN FREE)
THE EASIEST SAAG ALOO (SPINACH POTATO CURRY) | LIVE EAT …
SAAG ALOO IN THE SLOW COOKER (VEGAN, GLUTEN FREE, ONE POT RECIPE)
NEPALI ALOO SAAG RECIPE: POTATO SPINACH CURRY ⋆ FULL TIME EXPLORER
EASY LAMB SAAG ALOO RECIPE (SPINACH AND POTATO CURRY)
SAAG ALOO RECIPE – HOW TO MAKE SAAG ALOO RECIPE – NORTH INDIAN …
SAAG ALOO RECIPE
SAAG ALOO | VEGAN SPINACH AND POTATO CURRY - MY COOKING JOURNEY
MEERA SODHA’S RECIPE FOR VEGAN SAAG ALOO | FOOD | THE GUARDIAN
SOYA SAAG ALOO RECIPE (INDIAN POTATOES DILL RECIPE)
SOYA SAAG ALOO RECIPE | HOW TO MAKE SOYA SAAG ALOO RECIPE
EASY SAAG ALOO (SPINACH AND POTATO CURRY) | OLIVE & MANGO
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
#curries #60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #low-protein #healthy #main-dish #potatoes #vegetables #easy #low-fat #vegetarian #dietary #low-sodium #low-cholesterol #low-saturated-fat #low-calorie #healthy-2 #low-in-something #greens #spinach #chard
You'll also love