FRENCH TOAST CASSEROLE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly butter an 8x8 inch baking pan.
- Line bottom of pan with bread cubes. In a large bowl, beat together eggs, milk, 2 tablespoons sugar, salt and vanilla. pour egg mixture over bread. Dot with margarine; let stand for 10 minutes.
- Combine remaining 2 tablespoons sugar with 1 teaspoon cinnamon and sprinkle over the top. Bake in preheated oven about 45 to 50 minutes, until top is golden.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 206.8 calories, Carbohydrate 26.6 g, Cholesterol 128.9 mg, Fat 7.2 g, Fiber 0.9 g, Protein 8.5 g, SaturatedFat 2.3 g, Sodium 388 mg, Sugar 12.8 g
FRENCH TOAST CASSEROLE
Topped with cinnamon and sugar, this fuss-free overnight French toast casserole is my favorite way to make the breakfast favorite. Since you assemble this baked French toast the previous night, you save time in the morning, and if you have an extra hungry crowd, it's easy to bake up a few batches. -Sharyn Adams, Crawfordsville, Indiana
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Place bread cubes in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla and salt. Pour over bread. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. , Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Dot with butter. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over the top. , Cover and bake until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, 45-50 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes. Serve with maple syrup if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 223 calories, Fat 7g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 151mg cholesterol, Sodium 484mg sodium, Carbohydrate 29g carbohydrate (9g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 11g protein.
EASY FRENCH TOAST CASSEROLE
Delicious and decadent, simple spin on French toast. Got the idea from a bed and breakfast in the south. Add additional ingredients; we like blueberries and cream cheese, cinnamon apples, nuts, and dried fruit!
Provided by Heather Bogle
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Grease a 9x12-inch baking dish.
- Stir 1 cup brown sugar and butter together in a saucepan over medium-low heat until butter melts and sugar dissolves into butter, 2 to 4 minutes. Pour into prepared baking dish and spread a 1 1/2- to 2-inch layer of bread pieces over the top.
- Beat milk, eggs, and vanilla extract together in a bowl; pour milk mixture over bread into the baking dish and move bread as necessary to ensure all bread is absorbing liquid. Sprinkle cinnamon over the top. Cover the dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate, 8 hours to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Remove and discard plastic wrap from baking dish and sprinkle remaining brown sugar over the top of the bread mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven until browned and bubbling, about 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 382.3 calories, Carbohydrate 48.1 g, Cholesterol 174.9 mg, Fat 17 g, Fiber 0.7 g, Protein 10.2 g, SaturatedFat 9.4 g, Sodium 352.1 mg, Sugar 32.3 g
THE BEST FRENCH TOAST CASSEROLE
There's no need to get up early on the weekend to make brunch for a crowd. With this rich, custardy French toast casserole, nearly all the prep is done in advance. Simply assemble and refrigerate overnight. About an hour before brunch time, just pop it into the oven. Whip up a fast and easy banana-caramel topping and bask in the praise of your well-fed guests.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 6 to 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Butter a 9-by-13-inch baking dish.
- For the casserole: Trim the ends from 1 loaf day-old brioche (about 1 pound) and cut into ten 1-inch thick slices. Cut each slice in half diagonally to make two triangles from each piece. (If the bread is fresh, dry it out a bit. Place the slices in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake at 300 degrees F for 10 minutes, flipping halfway through.)
- Whisk together the eggs, cream, milk, brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a large bowl until well blended. Dip each triangle of bread in the custard, lightly coating each side. Shingle the pieces in the prepared pan, overlapping slightly.
- Pour any remaining custard over the bread slices. Cover the dish with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours or up to overnight.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Remove the casserole from the refrigerator and let rest 15 to 20 minutes at room temperature before baking. Remove the plastic wrap and bake until the casserole is golden and puffed and the custard is set, 45 to 50 minutes.
- For the topping: bring the butter, sugar and syrup to a boil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook until the butter is melted and the mixture is begins to thicken, about 2 minutes. Add the vanilla, a pinch of salt, and the walnuts, stirring to coat. Turn off the heat and add the sliced bananas, stirring to coat evenly. Spoon the desired amount of the banana-syrup mixture over the casserole and serve any additional on the side.
SANDWICH FRENCH TOAST CASSEROLE
This is a great make-ahead dish and you can also substitute just about any ingredient! Just tailor the seasonings in the egg mixture to suit the ingredients you are using. You can also prepare this the night before and leave overnight.
Provided by Piques
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray the inside of a 9x13-inch casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Spread butter on one side of each bread slice; top each bread slice with 2 slices ham and 1 slice Swiss cheese. Arrange open-faced sandwiches in the prepared casserole dish, overlapping them to fit.
- Whisk milk, eggs, Worcestershire sauce, mustard powder, salt, and pepper together in a bowl; pour milk mixture over the open-faced sandwiches. Allow milk mixture to soak in for at least 15 minutes.
- Bake in the preheated oven until eggs are set and casserole is cooked through, about 20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 346.5 calories, Carbohydrate 16.8 g, Cholesterol 188.7 mg, Fat 19.4 g, Fiber 2.7 g, Protein 25.6 g, SaturatedFat 9.4 g, Sodium 996.6 mg, Sugar 3.3 g
FRENCH TOAST CROQUE MADAME CASSEROLE
No need to choose between sweet or savory for breakfast. This easy bake is a blend of French toast and that hearty, egg-topped grilled ham sandwich, the croque madame.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Position an oven rack in the middle of the oven and preheat to 375 degrees F. Lightly butter a 9-by-13-inch metal baking pan.
- Whisk together the half-and-half, vanilla, 4 eggs, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in a large mixing bowl.
- Lay 7 slices of bread in a single layer on a cutting board. Sprinkle 2 heaping tablespoons Gruyere on top of each slice. Top each with 2 slices of ham, folding the ham as needed to fit. Place the remaining 7 slices bread on top to form 7 sandwiches. Cut each sandwich in half diagonally. Dip both sides of each sandwich half into the custard mixture and transfer to the prepared baking pan, arranging in 2 long shingled rows. Pour any remaining custard over the sandwiches and sprinkle the remaining Gruyere on top.
- Spray a large piece of foil with nonstick spray. Place the foil sprayed-side down on top of the baking pan, crimping the sides of the foil around the pan to seal. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and bake until the custard is set but still slightly jiggly, about 10 minutes more. Switch the oven to broil and broil until the top is light golden brown, another 3 to 5 minutes. Allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the butter in a large nonstick pan over medium heat. Crack 3 eggs into the pan (it's okay if they run together) and lightly sprinkle with salt. Cook until the whites start to set, 1 to 2 minutes, then cover and continue cooking until the whites are set but the yolks are still runny, 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate and repeat with the remaining 3 eggs.
- Divide the casserole among 6 plates, dust with confectioners' sugar, top with the maple syrup or jam if using and finish with a fried egg on top.
SAVORY FRENCH TOAST CASSEROLE
Delicious casserole bursting with flavor, very easy to make, and tastes yummy. Every ingredient adds its bit to making this casserole complete. Created for the "Gang Up 'Breakfast for Dinner' Challenge," this was absolutely loved by my family. Thanks Gitano!
Provided by riri2
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Arrange baguette slices in the bottom of a casserole dish.
- Beat eggs well in a bowl. Add onions, tomatoes, mushrooms, garlic, and ginger in a bowl. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of Cheddar cheese on top and mix until well combined. Add sage, salt, and pepper. Pour egg mixture over the baguette slices and sprinkle with bacon bits.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 17 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining Cheddar and bake until fully melted, about 5 more minutes. Serve hot.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 381.8 calories, Carbohydrate 45.9 g, Cholesterol 150.4 mg, Fat 13 g, Fiber 3.9 g, Protein 22 g, SaturatedFat 6 g, Sodium 855.2 mg, Sugar 7.4 g
FRENCH TOAST SANDWICHES
I dip my French Toast Sandwiches into eggnog to give them a distinctive flavor and serve them on Christmas. They've become a tasty holiday tradition for the family to enjoy while we sit around the table opening our stocking gifts. -Deborah Fagan, Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Place two slices of Canadian bacon and one slice of cheese on each of six slices of bread. Top with remaining bread. Place eggnog in a shallow dish. Dip sandwiches in eggnog., In a large skillet or griddle, melt 2-3 tablespoons butter. Toast sandwiches until bread is lightly browned on both sides, adding butter if necessary. Serve with strawberry preserves.
Nutrition Facts :
FRENCH TOAST CHEDDAR SANDWICHES
These sandwiches will make you never want just a plain old grilled cheese sandwich again. Great sandwich to make when you have thick sliced bread, but you don't have to have it...plain bread will do fine!!!!
Provided by Jellyqueen
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Set out a heavy skillet or cast iron griddle.
- Beat the eggs slightly in a pie tin or shallow bowl and add the milk or cream and salt, set aside.
- Spread the bread slices out on a flat working surface.
- Spread one side of four slices of bread lightly with the prepared mustard.
- Top each with a slice of cheddar cheese.
- Butter the remaining four slices of bread and top each cheese slice with bread, butter side down.
- Heat the butter in the skillet or on the griddle.
- Carefully dip each sandwich into the egg mixture, coating both sides.
- Allow the excess egg mixture to drain back into the bowl.
- Dip only as many sandwiches as will lie flat in the skillet or griddle.
- Cook over low heat until browned.
- Turn and brown the other sides.
- Repeat for the remaining sandwiches and if necessary, add more butter to the skillet or griddle to prevent sticking.
- Or you can place the sandwiches, after dipping, on a well greased baking sheet and brown in the oven at 450 degrees F. for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 371.9, Fat 22.8, SaturatedFat 13, Cholesterol 160.9, Sodium 911.4, Carbohydrate 26.8, Fiber 1.2, Sugar 2.5, Protein 14.7
More about "sandwich french toast casserole recipes"
OVERNIGHT RASPBERRY STUFFED FRENCH TOAST CASSEROLE
BBQ GLAZED FRENCH TOAST WITH BACON - KOSMOS Q BBQ PRODUCTS
FRENCH TOAST CASSEROLE - WHIP IT LIKE BUTTER
CROISSANT FRENCH TOAST CASSEROLE [VIDEO] - SWEET AND SAVORY MEALS
FRENCH TOAST CASSEROLE - SUGAR SPUN RUN
THE BEST FRENCH TOAST CASSEROLE - THESTAYATHOMECHEF.COM
FRENCH TOAST CASSEROLE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
BEST FRENCH TOAST BREAKFAST SANDWICHES RECIPE - DELISH
FRENCH TOAST CASSEROLE - TORNADOUGH ALLI
SANDWICH FRENCH TOAST CASSEROLE RECIPES
BEST FRENCH TOAST CASSEROLE (OVERNIGHT) - THE RECIPE REBEL
25 FRENCH TOAST CASSEROLE RECIPES TO FEED A CROWD
STICKY BUN BAKED FRENCH TOAST CASSEROLE RECIPE - UNPEELED JOURNAL
MONTE CRISTO SANDWICH (HAM CHEESE FRENCH TOAST) - RECIPETIN EATS
FRENCH TOAST CASSEROLE - STEPHANIEFOODS.BLOGSPOT.COM
FRENCH TOAST CASSEROLE RECIPE | TASTES OF LIZZY T
QUICK AND EASY FRENCH TOAST CASSEROLE RECIPE | RACHAEL RAY
EASY BREAKFAST RECIPE: FRENCH TOAST CASSEROLE - FUTURE EXPAT
FRENCH TOAST CASSEROLE: MAKE IT THE NIGHT BEFORE! -BAKING A MOMENT
BAKED STUFFED FRENCH TOAST CASSEROLE (OVERNIGHT) - THE WORKTOP
10 BEST FRENCH TOAST BREAKFAST CASSEROLE RECIPES | YUMMLY
EASY FRENCH TOAST CASSEROLE - ADVENTURES OF MEL
BISCUIT FRENCH TOAST CASSEROLE - THERESCIPES.INFO
SANDWICH FRENCH TOAST CASSEROLE | RECIPESTY
BERRIES & CREAM FRENCH TOAST CASSEROLE - SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
FRENCH TOAST CASSEROLE - TOGETHER AS FAMILY
HAM & CHEESE FRENCH TOAST CASSEROLE - WINE A LITTLE, COOK A LOT
FRENCH TOAST CASSEROLE - CAFE DELITES
EASY CROCK POT FRENCH TOAST CASSEROLE - FLOUR ON MY FINGERS
EASY FRENCH TOAST CASSEROLE - FEELGOODFOODIE
FRENCH TOAST SANDWICHES - GIVE RECIPE
APPLE CINNAMON FRENCH TOAST SANDWICHES - DRIZZLE ME SKINNY!
FRENCH TOAST CASSEROLE - SPEND WITH PENNIES
FRENCH TOAST FOR 1 RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
FRENCH TOAST CASSEROLE - KIM'S CRAVINGS
You'll also love