SAUSAGE AND PEPPER SKEWERS WITH GRILLED POLENTA
- Spray a 9 by 13-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Bring 6 cups of salted water to a boil over medium heat. Once boiling slowly whisk in the polenta, making sure to keep whisking until smooth and thick about 1 to 2 minutes. Pour the cooked polenta into the baking pan and smooth the top. Let cool until firm, about 20 minutes.
- Preheat a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat. When the polenta is cool, invert it onto a cutting board and slice it into 12 squares. Brush the squares with a little canola oil and grill until they are heated through and have nice grill marks, about 2 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, if you are using wooden skewers, soak them in water for at least 30 minutes or while you prepare the sausage and peppers.
- Preheat a grill or grill pan over medium heat. Arrange the sausages on the grill and cook for 8 to 10 minutes giving them a 1/4 turn every couple of minutes. Remove them to a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes, then cut them into 1/2-inch thick pieces. The sausage will not be completely cooked through. It will finish cooking on the skewers with the peppers and onions.
- While sausage is cooking, core and slice the peppers. Cut them and the onion into 1 by 1-inch pieces.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 3 tablespoons canola oil, balsamic vinegar, Italian seasoning and mustard.
- When you are ready, heat the grill or grill pan over medium heat. Thread each skewer with 3 pieces of the sausage, 4 pieces of onion and green pepper and 2 pieces of the red pepper making sure to alternate the ingredients. Brush them with the oil and vinegar mixture and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Grill the skewers on both sides until they are hot and sizzling, about 6 to 8 minutes. Arrange them on a serving platter and serve with the grilled polenta. Reserve 2 skewers for Round 2 recipe Sausage and Pepper Ziti.
ITALIAN SAUSAGE AND PROVOLONE SKEWERS
My husband made sausage and veggie kabobs when we didn't have buns to make classic sausage bombers. Grill 'em up, then add cheese cubes. -Cindy Hilliard, Kenosha, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Cut onion and peppers into 1-in. pieces; place in a large bowl. Add tomatoes, oil, pepper and salt; toss to coat. On 16 metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread sausage and vegetables., Grill, covered, over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until sausage is heated through and vegetables are tender, turning occasionally. Remove kabobs from grill; thread one cheese cube onto each kabob.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 220 calories, Fat 13g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 75mg cholesterol, Sodium 682mg sodium, Carbohydrate 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 20g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
SAUSAGE AND BELL PEPPER KEBABS
- Place rosemary, thyme, oregano, and parsley in a large resealable plastic bag. Add potatoes. Seal and shake until potatoes are covered.
- Alternate threading potatoes, sausage, peppers, and onions onto skewers, leaving a small space in between each item.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Place kebabs on the grate; cover any large gaps on the skewers with aluminum foil. Grill until vegetables are tender and sausage is cooked to your liking, 4 to 6 minutes per side.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 528.9 calories, Carbohydrate 51.2 g, Cholesterol 53.2 mg, Fat 25.9 g, Fiber 7 g, Protein 23.5 g, SaturatedFat 9 g, Sodium 1145.2 mg, Sugar 6.4 g
MINI SAUSAGE PANCAKE SKEWERS WITH SPICY SYRUP
These tiny savory skewers are perfect for breakfast or a great addition to a brunch buffet. The spicy maple syrup drizzle kicks up the flavor and adds some zest to pancakes and sausage.
Provided by lutzflcat
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Melt butter over medium-low heat in a small saucepan. Stir in maple syrup, red pepper flakes, and salt. Bring to a boil and cook, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove syrup from heat and set aside, stirring occasionally, for at least 30 minutes for flavor to fully develop.
- Meanwhile, prepare pancakes: whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt together in a large bowl. Whisk buttermilk, egg, sour cream, melted butter, and maple syrup together in a separate bowl. Pour the wet ingredients into the flour mixture. Stir gently until just combined but slightly lumpy; do not overmix. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet or griddle over medium heat. Drop teaspoonfuls of batter onto the hot skillet to form 1-inch diameter pancakes. Cook for about 1 to 2 minutes, flip, and continue cooking until golden brown, about 1 more minute. Transfer cooked pancakes to a plate and repeat with remaining batter.
- Heat olive oil in the same skillet over medium heat. Form tablespoonfuls of sausage into 1-inch patties, the same size as the mini pancakes. Cook until patties are cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Thread 3 pancakes and 2 sausage patties onto each skewer, starting and ending with a pancake. Repeat to make remaining skewers. Serve drizzled with spicy syrup.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 234.8 calories, Carbohydrate 18.1 g, Cholesterol 50.1 mg, Fat 15 g, Fiber 0.3 g, Protein 7 g, SaturatedFat 6.7 g, Sodium 483.8 mg, Sugar 9.3 g
More about "sausage and pepper skewers recipes"
SWEET SAUSAGE, ONION AND PEPPER SKEWERS RECIPE - …
Servings 10Total Time 1 hr
- Light a grill or preheat the broiler. In a large saucepan of boiling water, cook the sausages over moderate heat just until firm, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain and let cool slightly. Slice each sausage diagonally into 4 equal pieces.
- Divide the sausages and peppers and thread them onto 10 long bamboo skewers with 1 or 2 onion pieces each, alternating the ingredients and beginning and ending with the sausage. Arrange the skewers on a large platter and brush with 1/4 cup of the harissa.
- Grill the skewers over a medium-hot fire or broil for about 8 minutes, until the sausage is cooked through and the peppers and onion are tender and slightly charred. Serve with bowls of the remaining harissa and the Mint Yogurt Sauce.
SAUSAGE AND PEPPER SKEWERS RECIPE
Reviews 31Total Time 35 minsEstimated Reading Time 3 mins
- Thread sausage, peppers, and onion onto the skewers, alternating sausage, peppers, and onion.
- Grill skewers, turning occasionally, until sausage is cooked through and peppers are blistered, about 13 to 15 minutes. Transfer skewers to a plate or platter and serve.
HOW TO MAKE SAUSAGE AND PEPPER SKEWERS / EASY GRILLING RECIPE
Author Mike Purdy
SAUSAGE AND BELL PEPPER SKEWERS | RICARDO
5/5 (4)Category Main DishesServings 4Total Time 20 mins
CAJUN SHRIMP AND SAUSAGE SKEWERS - DAMN DELICIOUS
GRILLED SAUSAGE AND PEPPER WRAPS RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
ITALIAN SAUSAGE SANDWICHES– GOWISE USA
POSH SPICY SAUSAGE AND PEPPER SKEWERS | DINNER RECIPES ...
SAUSAGE AND PEPPER SKEWERS | MRFOOD.COM
SAUSAGE, PEPPER, AND PINEAPPLE SKEWERS [GLUTEN-FREE ...
SAUSAGE SKEWER WITH PEPPER AND ONION RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
ITALIAN SAUSAGE AND PEPPERS - BAKER BY NATURE
SAUSAGE & PEPPER SKEWERS | TRAEGER GRILLS
SWEET AND TANGY SAUSAGE PEPPER KABOBS | CANADIAN LIVING
SAUSAGE KABOBS WITH PEPPERS & ONIONS - GOOD CHEAP EATS
SAUSAGE & PEPPER SKEWERS-DINNER IN 25 MINUTES | THE ...
SHRIMP AND ANDOUILLE SAUSAGE SKEWERS – LANDRY'S KITCHEN
PHILLY CHEESE SAUSAGE SKEWER - OVER THE FIRE COOKING
SAUSAGE AND PEPPER SKEWERS « RECIPE SNOBS
SAUSAGE-AND-PEPPER SKEWERS - DAIRY FREE RECIPES
SAUSAGE KABOBS - THE TRAVEL PALATE
SPICY ITALIAN SAUSAGE AND PEPPER SKEWERS WITH BALSAMIC ...
SAUSAGE AND PEPPER SKEWERS - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
GRILLED SAUSAGE AND VEGGIE SKEWERS RECIPE - COOK IT REAL GOOD
5-INGREDIENT GRILLED ITALIAN SAUSAGE KABOBS - THE SEASONED MOM
SAUSAGE & PEPPER SKEWERS - GREENLITEBITES
SAUSAGE AND PEPPER SKEWERS RECIPE ON TWOPEASANDTHEIRPOD ...
GRILLED SAUSAGE AND PEPPER SKEWERS RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
CHIMICHURRI SAUSAGE SKEWERS - WYKE
SIMPLE PEPPER AND SAUSAGE SKEWERS ⋆ SHRINKING KITCHEN
ITALIAN SAUSAGE SKEWERS - CHRISTINA'S CUCINA
SAUSAGE AND PEPPER SKEWERS | SAUSAGE AND PEPPERS, STUFFED ...
SAUSAGE-PEPPER KABOBS RECIPE - GOOD HOUSEKEEPING
SHEET PAN SAUSAGE AND VEGGIES - NO SPOON NECESSARY
SAUSAGE AND PEPPER SKEWERS | PALEO MAGAZINE
THE GOOD DISH SAUSAGE & PEPPERS PULL-APART SLIDERS
SAUSAGE-AND-PEPPER SKEWERS – RECIPES NETWORK
FITCHS IGA - RECIPE: BARBECUED POLISH SAUSAGE KABOBS
ITALIAN SAUSAGE & PEPPER SPIEDINI SKEWERS - DELALLO
MEAT AND VEGETABLE ON SKEWER : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST ...
LINCOLNSHIRE SAUSAGE SKEWERS - CHEZ LE RêVE FRANçAIS
You'll also love