SAUTEED CHICKEN WITH CAPERS
A thinly pounded breast works as well for sauteing as it does for grilling. It cooks quickly but stays moist. Dredging the chicken in flour before cooking gives it a golden exterior and leaves bits in the pan that make a great base for a simple sauce.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Slice each chicken breast in half horizontally. Place each half between sheets of plastic wrap and pound to an even thickness with a meat mallet or small skillet. Place flour on a plate. Season chicken with salt and pepper, then coat with flour, shaking off excess. In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high. In batches, cook chicken until browned and cooked through, about 3 minutes per side (add remaining oil to pan, if necessary). Transfer to a platter and tent with foil.
- Add vinegar to pan and cook, scraping up browned bits with a wooden spoon, 1 minute. Add butter and capers and brine; cook, stirring, until butter is melted. Season with salt and pepper. Pour sauce over chicken and top with parsley.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 401 g, Fat 24 g, Protein 41 g, SaturatedFat 8 g
CHICKEN WITH LEMON-CAPER SAUCE
- Mix together salt and flour in a small dish or plastic bag, then coat chicken and shake off excess. Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Shake excess flour from chicken, then brown in hot oil until both sides are golden-brown, and the inside has turned white and firm, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Remove the chicken, and set aside in a warm place. Pour white wine into the skillet, and allow to boil as you dissolve the cooked bits from the bottom of the pan. Add the lemon juice, and allow to come to a boil, cook for a few minutes until reduced by half.
- Sprinkle the cubed butter into the boiling sauce. Swirl and shake the pan vigorously to dissolve the butter, thus thickening the sauce. The butter must never come to rest, or the sauce will separate and become oily. Once the butter has completely incorporated, remove from heat and stir in capers.
- To serve, pour lemon-caper sauce over the chicken, and serve with a wedge of lemon.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 661.9 calories, Carbohydrate 29.2 g, Cholesterol 159.8 mg, Fat 39 g, Fiber 1.9 g, Protein 43.3 g, SaturatedFat 17.1 g, Sodium 372 mg, Sugar 1.2 g
CHICKEN WITH LEMON-CAPER SAUCE
Lemon lovers will savor the citrus sauce that enhances this moist chicken. The hint of garlic adds to this entree's appeal. -Rebecca Baird, Salt Lake City, Utah
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook garlic in oil over medium heat for 1 minute. Add the chicken; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 17-°. Remove and keep warm. , In a small bowl, combine 3/4 cup water, broth, butter-flavored sprinkles, lemon juice and bouillon; add to skillet. , Combine cornstarch and remaining water until smooth; gradually stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in capers and olive oil. Return chicken to pan; turn to coat. Serve chicken with sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 213 calories, Fat 8g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 79mg cholesterol, Sodium 598mg sodium, Carbohydrate 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
LEMON CAPER BUTTER SAUCE
- Crush capers in a small bowl with the back of a spoon.
- Melt 1/2 teaspoon butter in a skillet over medium-high heat until the butter foams and is golden; saute capers until fragrant, about 15 seconds. Add lemon juice, bring to a simmer, and cook, stirring frequently, until liquid is reduced by one-third, 1 to 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
- Stir cold butter and savory into lemon mixture, stirring constantly until butter is completely melted and sauce is shiny and thick, about 1 minute.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 269.1 calories, Carbohydrate 24.6 g, Cholesterol 66.4 mg, Fat 25.8 g, Fiber 10.9 g, Protein 3.2 g, SaturatedFat 16 g, Sodium 594.7 mg, Sugar 0.1 g
CHICKEN IN LEMON CAPER BUTTER
The first dish I ever served to guests and the response I got was so positive I've been making it ever since. Needless to say, it's a very simple recipe. One of the few chicken dishes I still make using bone-in, skin-on chicken parts. When feeding known garlic-lovers, I'll increase the garlic. I generally serve it with noodles. While I post the original amounts from the recipe below, I actually do not measure the butter & lemon juice when I make this, but rather use 1 lemon's worth lemon juice and approximately the same or just slightly more butter, so that the butter comes to about 2-3 Tbs I would guess.
Provided by echo echo
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Put the ingredients on the list from butter through capers in a skillet and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Arrange the chicken in the skillet and bring to a boil again.
- Cover, lower heat and simmer about 30 minutes until the chicken is tender, turning several times. 4.
SAUTEED CHICKEN WITH CAPERS AND LEMON BUTTER
This is a super, fast recipe. It comes from an old, out of print cookbook of quick, easy recipes. This is great served over rice or mashed potatoes.
Provided by CarolAnn
Categories Chicken Breast
Yield 2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Season cutlets with salt and pepper.
- Grate 1/2 tsp lemon zest and squeeze 2 T juice from the lemon.
- Set aside.
- Heat butter and olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the chicken and cook, turning once, until golden brown and cooked through (~2-3minutes per side).
- Remove chicken to serving plates, leaving drippings in the pan.
- Add 3 T water, lemon juice, lemon zest and capers to the pan and cook, stirring up browned bits from bottom of pan, for about 1 minute.
- Mash a few of the capers into the sauce with the back of a spoon.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 246.9, Fat 14.1, SaturatedFat 5, Cholesterol 81.1, Sodium 201, Carbohydrate 5.9, Fiber 2.6, Protein 27
CHICKEN WITH ROASTED LEMONS, GREEN OLIVES, AND CAPERS
- For roasted lemons:
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Arrange lemon slices in single layer on prepared sheet. Brush lemon slices with olive oil; sprinkle lightly with salt. Roast until slightly dry and beginning to brown around edges, about 25 minutes. (Lemons can be made 1 day ahead. Transfer to container. Cover; chill.)
- For chicken:
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Dredge chicken in flour to coat both sides; shake off excess. Heat 5 tablespoons oil in heavy large skillet over high heat. Add chicken and cook until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side. Stir in olives and capers. Add stock and bring to boil, scraping up browned bits from bottom of skillet. Boil until liquid is reduced to syrup consistency, turning chicken over after 3 minutes, about 5 minutes. Add butter, roasted lemon slices, and 2 tablespoons parsley; simmer until butter melts and chicken is cooked through, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to platter. Sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon parsley.
SAUTEED CHICKEN BREASTS WITH CAPERS
- Pat chicken dry and season with salt and pepper. In a 12-inch nonstick skillet heat oil over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking and sauté chicken, skin or skinned sides down, 3 minutes, or until golden. Turn chicken over and sauté 1 minute more. Reduce heat to moderately low and cook chicken, covered, until just cooked through, about 10 minutes. Coarsely chop capers and in a large bowl toss chicken with any juices from skillet, capers, and vinaigrette. Serve chicken warm or at room temperature.
More about "sauteed chicken with capers and lemon butter recipes"
CHICKEN IN LEMON BUTTER CAPER SAUCE
5/5 (12)Total Time 30 minsCategory Main Course
- Cut the chicken breast halves horizontally, butterflying them open. Pound chicken pieces with a meat hammer to 1/4-inch thickness. Mix together the flour, salt, pepper, and grated Parmesan. Dredge chicken cutlets in the flour mixture, until well coated.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in a medium pan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring often, until the onion is translucent but not browned, about 3 minutes. Add garlic. Cook for about 30 seconds. Add the wine and lemon juice and bring to a boil over high heat. Cook until the liquid is reduced to about 2 tablespoons, about 5 minutes.
- Place cooked pasta on plate or pasta bowl. Top with chicken and spoon sauce over chicken and pasta.
SAUTéED CHICKEN WITH LEMON-CAPER SAUCE | HEALTHY …
SAUTEED CHICKEN WITH ROASTED LEMONS - RECIPE GIRL®
CHICKEN WITH LEMON-CAPER PAN SAUCE RECIPE | EATINGWELL
SAUTéED CHICKEN WITH OLIVES, CAPERS AND LEMONS
SAUTéED CHICKEN WITH OLIVES, CAPERS AND ROASTED LEMONS …
SAUTEED LEMON CHICKEN WITH FRIED CAPERS | SARA MOULTON
10 BEST BAKED LEMON CHICKEN WITH CAPERS RECIPES
CHICKEN SMOTHERED IN WHITE WINE- LEMON AND CAPERS
CHICKEN BREASTS IN LEMON BUTTER CAPER SAUCE - RENEE'S KITCHEN …
SAUTéED CHICKEN WITH OLIVES, CAPERS AND ROASTED LEMON - RECIPE …
SAUTéED LEMON CHICKEN WITH FRIED CAPERS | OREGONIAN RECIPES
LEMON CHICKEN WITH CAPERS AND OLIVES - CHEERFUL COOK
PIQUANT CHICKEN WITH LEMON AND CAPERS RECIPE - FOOD & WINE
CHICKEN WITH LEMON-CAPER SAUCE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
CREAMY LEMON GARLIC CHICKEN THIGHS WITH CAPERS - BUTTER BE READY
LEMON CHICKEN WITH BUTTER SAUCE - THERESCIPES.INFO
SAUTEED CHICKEN WITH CAPERS AND LEMON BUTTER - 200,000+ FREE …
CHICKEN RECIPE WITH CAPERS - THERESCIPES.INFO
LEMON BUTTER CAPER SAUCE - HELL'S KITCHEN RECIPES
SAUTEED CHICKEN WITH CAPERS AND ROASTED LEMONS - THE SALMONS
SAUTéED CHICKEN WITH LEMON-CAPER SAUCE: DIRECTIONS, CALORIES, …
CREAMY LEMON CHICKEN WITH CAPERS - DASH OF HERBS
LEMON CHICKEN BREASTS WITH CAPERS - RECIPE - FINECOOKING
SICILIAN SKILLET CHICKEN WITH LEMON, OLIVES, AND CAPERS …
LEMON CHICKEN WITH CAPERS - ATCO BLUE FLAME KITCHEN
CHICKEN WITH LEMON, BUTTER AND CAPER SAUCE RECIPE - EASY …
ROASTED CHICKEN WITH LEMON AND CAPERS - THE TASTY BITE
CHICKEN PICCATA WITH LEMON CAPER SAUCE - JESSICA GAVIN
LEMON CAPER CHICKEN | COOKING MAMAS
SAUTéED CHICKEN WITH OLIVES, CAPERS AND LEMONS — PUNCHFORK
CRISPY CHICKEN WITH LEMON AND CAPERS RECIPE | LEITE'S CULINARIA
LEMON CAPER CHICKEN - THE NOVICE CHEF
LEMON CAPER PASTA - SIP AND FEAST
EASY RECIPES: KATHY GUNST'S SAUTéED CHICKEN WITH LEMON, CAPERS …
CHICKEN WITH CAPERS RECIPE - THESUPERHEALTHYFOOD
RECIPE: LEMON-CAPER PORK WITH MASHED POTATOES & ZUCCHINI
SAUTEED CHICKEN WITH CAPERS AND LEMON BUTTER - ALL INFORMATION …
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #for-1-or-2 #very-low-carbs #main-dish #poultry #easy #chicken #dietary #low-sodium #low-calorie #low-carb #low-in-something #meat #chicken-breasts #number-of-servings
You'll also love