GRILLED SHRIMP AND POLENTA
This play on shrimp and grits uses store-bought polenta, because the last thing you want to do when it's hot is stand over a pot of steaming cornmeal. The shrimp, polenta, and grape tomatoes all grill together in just a few minutes and then get topped with a spicy butter that melts into a luscious sauce for the hot shrimp.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Zest the lemon into a mixing bowl and add the butter, hot sauce and a pinch of salt. Stir until well combined. Gently stir in half of the parsley, reserving the remaining parsley for garnish. Cut the zested lemon into wedges and reserve.
- Prepare a grill or grill pan or for high heat. Lightly oil the grill grates. Thread the tomatoes on the skewers, about 7 tomatoes per skewer. (If using wooden skewers, leave just 1/2 inch of the skewer sticking out on each end so you do not have to soak them). Brush 1 tablespoon of the oil on the tomatoes and sprinkle them liberally with salt and pepper.
- Brush both sides of the polenta rounds with 1 tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil. Sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the skewered tomatoes on the hot grill and cook, turning occasionally, until they are lightly charred in spots and have started to burst, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, arrange the polenta on the grill and cook until lightly charred with distinct grill marks, about 5 minutes per side, flipping once using a flat metal spatula. (Be careful not to flip the polenta too early because it will stick to the grill if it is not ready.) Remove from the heat and reserve.
- Toss the shrimp with the remaining 2 tablespoons oil and sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper. Grill until lightly charred in spots on both sides and just cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes total. Remove from the heat and reserve.
- By this time, the grape tomatoes should be ready to take off the grill as well. Carefully remove the tomatoes from the skewers and place directly into a small bowl. Use the back of a pair of tongs or a spoon to lightly smash the tomatoes so that they release their juices.
- Place 3 pieces of polenta on each plate. In the center of the polenta, spoon a quarter of the tomatoes along with their juices, one quarter of the shrimp and a large dollop of the reserved butter mixture (if it doesn't melt, touch the business end of a pair of tongs to the grill, and then to the butter to finish melting). Garnish with the reserved parsley and wedges of lemon for squeezing on top of each serving.
- Copyright 2014 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved.
SHRIMP OVER CREAMY POLENTA
Shrimp Over Creamy Polenta is very easy, and it's extremely flavorful and delicious. Best of all it's ready in under 30 minutes. Perfect for a weeknight dinner or date night. This is an Italian version of Shrimp and Grits and it is exquisite!
Provided by 2 sisters recipes
Number Of Ingredients 15
- In a medium-size saucepan, heat 2 cups of water.
- When water comes to a low boil, turn off the heat and slowly pour in the polenta and continue to whisk until it is fully incorporated and it's smooth and creamy.
- Then whisk in salt, butter, and both kinds of cheese. Continue to whisk until it's fully combined and creamy. Cover and keep on the stove to keep warm.
- In a medium-size skillet, heat on moderate heat, add the olive oil, minced garlic, and crushed red pepper flakes. Saute the garlic and pepper flakes for 30 seconds or more to fragrant the oil.
- Toss in the shrimp. Saute the shrimp for about 1 to 2 minutes per side, or until they turn pink.
- Lower the heat, and add the butter and Dijon mustard.
- Pour in the white wine and stir with a wooden spoon to help deglaze the sauce.
- Immediately following, add in freshly squeezed lemon juice over the shrimps. Add a dash of smoked paprika over the shrimps, and simmer for an additional 1 minute.
- Turn off the heat and taste the sauce. Season with freshly cracked black pepper to taste.
- Check to see if the polenta is still hot. If you need to, you can reheat on the stove-top for a minute or so. Then transfer the polenta to a serving dish or platter.
- Transfer the shrimps over the creamy polenta and spoon all the remaining sauce over the shrimps and sprinkle with chopped green onions. Serve immediately.
- Serves: 2 to 3 servings
SHRIMP AND TOMATOES OVER SOFT POLENTA
- Season shrimp generously with salt and pepper. In a large skillet over medium-high, heat 1 tablespoon oil. Add shrimp; cook until opaque throughout, turning occasionally, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a bowl; set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add remaining tablespoon oil to pan; cook garlic and red-pepper flakes until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add tomatoes and their juice along with 2 cups water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, stirring occasionally, until tomatoes have broken down and become saucy, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make Soft Polenta. Just before serving, stir reserved shrimp into tomatoes. Divide polenta among four bowls; spoon shrimp and tomatoes over polenta. Serve with Basic Green Beans, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 429 g, Fat 19 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 38 g
SAUTEED SHRIMP OVER POLENTA
- Heat 2 cups chicken stock and half-and-half until nearly boiling. Add polenta and stir constantly until no clumps remain, 3 to 4 minutes. Reduce heat and simmer until tender and thickened, 20 to 30 minutes. Add additional stock or water if polenta is too thick.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add tomatoes, bell pepper, onion, and garlic. Saute for 3 to 5 minutes. Add 1/2 cup chicken stock, oregano, thyme, and ancho chile powder. Simmer until vegetables reach desired texture, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir Parmesan cheese into the polenta. Add shrimp to the vegetable mixture; cook until pink and heated through, 3 to 5 minutes more. Spoon polenta onto serving plates and top with shrimp mixture.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 406 calories, Carbohydrate 42.5 g, Cholesterol 142.6 mg, Fat 15 g, Fiber 4.6 g, Protein 25.6 g, SaturatedFat 4.4 g, Sodium 1165.7 mg, Sugar 8 g
SAUTéED SHRIMP WITH POLENTA AND MANCHEGO SAUCE
Slightly smoky, subtly Spanish, simply sensational shrimp--a Whole Foods recipe. The elegant stacked presentation is so pretty. Smoked Spanish paprika adds subtle character to this dish and can be used in a host of other recipes such as beans, tacos and salad dressings. Chicken broth may be substituted for the vegetable broth. Serves 4
Provided by Chef Kate
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 25
- For the polenta, bring stock and milk to a boil in a small, heavy saucepan over medium heat.
- Reduce heat to simmer and slowly add cornmeal to saucepan, whisking constantly. Cook, stirring constantly, for 20 minutes over medium-low heat.
- If polenta becomes too thick, slowly add as much as 1 more cup of stock.
- Stir in cheese and 2 tablespoons of the butter.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour polenta into a greased 8-inch square pan and set aside and let cool until firm, about 45 minutes.
- For the shrimp, rinse shrimp and pat dry with paper towels.
- Sprinkle shrimp with sea salt and paprika and let marinate for 10 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in large heavy skillet over medium heat.
- Sauté garlic for about 30 seconds.
- Add shrimp and sauté until opaque in center, about 2 minutes on each side.
- Remove from heat and keep warm.
- For the sauce, melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in small saucepan over medium heat. Add shallot, garlic, celery, salt, pepper, and paprika and cook until shallot is soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the other tablespoon of butter and melt into vegetables.
- Whisk in flour.
- Add broth a few tablespoons at a time, very slowly, whisking to combine.
- When thickened, add cream a few tablespoons at a time, following the same procedure as with the broth. When thickened, whisk in the cheese, stirring until melted. Mix in lemon juice.
- Invert baking dish to remove polenta from pan.
- Cut polenta into four squares.
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons butter in large skillet over medium heat.
- Sauté polenta in butter until warmed through and golden brown on both sides.
- To assemble, place each polenta square on its own plate, stack shrimp on top of polenta and drizzle with sauce.
- Garnish with paprika, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 491.8, Fat 37, SaturatedFat 19, Cholesterol 230.7, Sodium 1133, Carbohydrate 21, Fiber 1.5, Sugar 0.3, Protein 20.1
CAJUN SHRIMP AND CRAB OVER POLENTA
Well having posted a response about jambalaya, cajun food and other recipes this week made me think about other dishes I use grits or polenta with. I honestly never liked them because they were either breakfast for me and just bland. Since then I have really learned to appreciate them. There are so many ways to cook and enjoy them with various sauces, gravies, seasonings, cheeses and served not just for breakfast but with all different meats, poultry and seafood. So this is a dish I learned from a girlfriend many years ago. I had to spice it up for me, and add some crab, etc, but she definitely started me thinking. This is a favorite with many of my friends.
Provided by SarasotaCook
Yield 4-6 , 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 22
- Sausage -- In a large saute pan, add the sausage and cook 3-5 minutes until golden brown. Remove and put on a plate lined with a paper towel to drain. Reserve the drippings in the pan.
- Vegetables -- Add the onion, green pepper, jalapeno and garlic and cook another minute or so.
- Sauce -- Once the vegetables have cooked a minute or two, add the flour, add the chicken broth and bring to medium heat until it thickens slightly. Reduce to medium low and stir in the seasoning (celery seed, cajun seasoning, Old Bay and pepper flakes, salt and pepper to taste), shrimp and cook until they begin to curl and turn pink. Just 2-3 minutes.
- Then before the shrimp are done, add the sausage back in and mix well, then add the crab meat and lightly toss so you don't break up the crab too much.
- Polenta -- Whether it is quick cooking or regular cooking, just follow the directions according to directions. When done, just stir in the cheese and any salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve -- Top the shrimp and crab over the polenta and enjoy and great comfort food meal.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 471.9, Fat 26.9, SaturatedFat 13.8, Cholesterol 271.5, Sodium 959.4, Carbohydrate 10.2, Fiber 1.4, Sugar 3.2, Protein 46
More about "sauteed shrimp over polenta recipes"
CREOLE SHRIMP & POLENTA - THE PALATE PRINCESS
ITALIAN-STYLE GRILLED SHRIMP AND POLENTA - GARLIC & ZEST
PESTO SHRIMP WITH PARMESAN POLENTA - TASTE AND SEE
SHRIMP AND TOMATOES OVER CREAMY PARMESAN POLENTA
10 BEST SHRIMP WITH POLENTA RECIPES | YUMMLY
SPICY SHRIMP WITH CREAMY POLENTA - DELISH
SAUTéED SHRIMP AND PANCETTA WITH CHEESE GRITS
SHRIMP AND PEPPERS ON CREAMY POLENTA - DELICIOUSLY …
BARBECUE SHRIMP OVER AGED CHEDDAR POLENTA - AMEE'S …
SAUTéED SHRIMP & POLENTA - POMPEIAN
BACON MUSHROOM SHRIMP WITH CREAMY CHEESE POLENTA
SAUTEED SHRIMP OVER POLENTA - EASYCOOKFIND
SHRIMP MARINARA WITH POLENTA - FRAMED COOKS
SHRIMP WITH GARLIC SAUTéED MUSHROOMS - SERVING DUMPLINGS
SPICY SHRIMP CREOLE / ITALIAN RUSTIC POLENTA - YUMMLY …
LIGHTER SHRIMP AND POLENTA - PAULA DEEN
SAUTEED SHRIMP OVER POLENTA RECIPE - FOOD HOUSE
CREAMY POLENTA AND GARLIC SPICED SHRIMP - DISH IT GIRL RECIPE BOX
SHRIMP AND POLENTA - MEDITERRANEAN LATIN LOVE AFFAIR
BEST POLENTA WITH SHRIMP AND TOMATOES RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE …
LEMON GARLIC SHRIMP OVER CREAMY POLENTA - BITE YOUR CRAVINGS
RECIPE: SAUTéED SHRIMP WITH POLENTA AND MANCHEGO SAUCE
ROASTED TOMATO SHRIMP AND POLENTA – A COUPLE COOKS
CHIMICHURRI SHRIMP WITH CREAMY POLENTA | THE MODERN PROPER
SMOTHERED SHRIMP OVER POLENTA RECIPE • SEAFOOD NUTRITION …
GARLIC BUTTER SHRIMP (15 MINUTE MEAL!) - OUR SALTY KITCHEN
SPICY SHRIMP & CREAMY POLENTA – THE FOOD JOY
“ANGRY SHRIMP” – SPICY SHRIMP IN TOMATO SAUCE OVER POLENTA
STIR-FRIED SHRIMP WITH OLIVE-PEPPER CREAM AND ALMOND POLENTA
GARLIC SHRIMP & PARMESAN POLENTA STACKS WITH BROWN BUTTER-SAGE …
WEST INDIAN SHRIMP WITH CREAMY POLENTA - SWEET & SORREL
SPICY CHORIZO AND SHRIMP WITH POLENTA - SEASONS AND SUPPERS
PAN FRIED POLENTA ROUNDS WITH SHRIMP RECIPE | BERTOLLI
SHRIMP AND POLENTA - TWO KOOKS IN THE KITCHEN
PUERTO RICAN’ISH SHRIMP AND POLENTA | CUESA
CAJUN SHRIMP & CHEESY POLENTA – RAWSPICEBAR
BACON SHRIMP SAUTE OVER POLENTA - SAFEWAY
You'll also love