SOUR CREAM CHICKEN ENCHILADAS
Shredded chicken, fresh cilantro, green chile salsa and jalapeno salsa flavor these sour cream enchiladas. They are very easy to make, and are for lunch the next day. They are somewhat spicy-hot and full of cilantro.
Provided by Brenda
Number Of Ingredients 8
- To Make Sour Cream Mixture: In a blender or food processor, puree cilantro, sour cream, jalapeno salsa and 1/2 can of the green chile salsa. Set aside.
- To Make Chicken Mixture: In a large bowl, combine shredded chicken, onion and the remaining 1 1/2 cans of green chile salsa. Mix well.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat tortillas in conventional or microwave oven until soft. Pour enough of the sour cream mixture into a 9x13 inch baking dish to coat the bottom. Place 2 heaping tablespoonfuls of the chicken mixture in each tortilla, roll up and place seam side down in the baking dish. Pour remaining sour cream mixture over all and top with shredded cheese.
- Cover dish tightly with aluminum foil and bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for about 30 minutes, or until dish is heated through and bubbling.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 265.2 calories, Carbohydrate 22.8 g, Cholesterol 40.4 mg, Fat 13.3 g, Fiber 2.4 g, Protein 13.1 g, SaturatedFat 7.2 g, Sodium 663.7 mg, Sugar 3.3 g
CHICKEN ENCHILADAS WITH CREAM OF CHICKEN SOUP
A must for any Mexican meal at my house, try these enchiladas as a main dish or include them as part of a buffet. -Cheryl Pomrenke, Coffeyville, Kansas
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cups cheddar cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, chicken, sour cream, soup, chilies, onion, pepper and salt. Spoon about 1/2 cup off center on each tortilla; roll up. Place seam side down in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish., Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. If desired, serve with pico de gallo.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 663 calories, Fat 39g fat (23g saturated fat), Cholesterol 144mg cholesterol, Sodium 1160mg sodium, Carbohydrate 39g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 35g protein.
ENCHANTED SOUR CREAM CHICKEN ENCHILADAS
A delicious New Mexican enchilada that we had every year for our Christmas Eve dinner. Serve 2 to 3 enchiladas on a plate and surround with lettuce and tomatoes. Top with your choice of guacamole or sour cream or both.
Provided by Kate
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat an oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish. Combine the chicken, sour cream, salt, and pepper in a bowl; set aside.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Dip the corn tortillas into the hot oil one at a time until softened, about 10 seconds each. Spoon a heaping tablespoon of chicken mixture onto each tortilla, spread down the center and roll into a cylinder. Place seam side down into the prepared baking dish. When all tortillas are filled and rolled, sprinkle the green chiles over all and top with the shredded Monterey Jack cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the cheese has melted and the enchiladas are hot, 12 to 15 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 433.6 calories, Carbohydrate 24.4 g, Cholesterol 85.4 mg, Fat 26.1 g, Fiber 3.3 g, Protein 26.1 g, SaturatedFat 13.6 g, Sodium 540.2 mg, Sugar 1.3 g
SIMPLY SOUR CREAM CHICKEN ENCHILADAS
Easy to assemble, deliciously creamy and a great choice for once-a-month cooking. And there is NO canned cream soup in my enchiladas -- Hope you give them a try!
Provided by Debs Recipes
Categories Chicken Breast
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a frying pan, cook chicken and onion together in oil over medium-high heat until chicken is just done.
- Divide cooked chicken evenly between 8 tortillas; add 1 1/2 tablespoons cheese to each tortilla.
- Roll enchiladas and place seam-side down in a 9x13" baking dish that has been lightly sprayed with no-stick cooking spray.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan; stir in flour to make a roux, stir and cook until bubbly, and gradually whisk in chicken broth then bring to boiling, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat; stir in sour cream and green chilies.
- Pour sauce evenly over enchiladas.
- Top with remaining 3/4 cup cheese (a baking dish may be double-wrapped and frozen at this point) and bake at 400° F for 20 minutes until cheese is melted and sauce near edges of baking dish is bubbly.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 507.3, Fat 29.5, SaturatedFat 13.9, Cholesterol 85.4, Sodium 755.8, Carbohydrate 35.6, Fiber 2.3, Sugar 3.7, Protein 24.3
SOUR CREAM CHICKEN ENCHILADAS
The popular "Magnolia Table" cookbooks by Joanna Gaines are full of Texas classics like king ranch, chicken spaghetti and this creamy version of chicken enchiladas. The combination of tart salsa verde (which has tomatillos and green chiles) with cream and melted cheese makes it special; don't use red enchilada sauce here. The cream of chicken soup mixed with the chicken meat makes a super-rich filling, but you can absolutely use an additional 8 ounces of sour cream instead if you prefer.
Provided by Julia Moskin
Categories dinner, casseroles, poultry, main course
Yield 5 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Position an oven rack in the top third of the oven and heat the oven to 350 degrees. Coat a deep 9-by-13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the enchilada sauce, condensed soup and sour cream. Spread 1/2 cup in the baking dish; set aside the remaining 3 1/2 cups creamy enchilada sauce.
- In a medium bowl, combine the chicken and chiles (including any liquid from the can); set aside.
- Sprinkle about 2 heaping tablespoons mozzarella on a tortilla, then add a heaping 1/3 cup of the shredded chicken and chiles. Tightly roll up the tortilla and place it seam side down in the prepared baking dish. Continue filling and rolling the remaining tortillas with 2 tablespoons mozzarella and a heaping 1/3 cup chicken mixture, placing the tortillas in the baking dish as they are filled, pushing the rolled tortillas as needed to fit in a single layer.
- Pour the reserved creamy enchilada sauce over the filled tortillas. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and sprinkle the remaining mozzarella on top. Bake until the cheese is melted, about 15 minutes. If you'd like it to be a bit browner in spots, you can pop it under the broiler for another minute or two.
- Sprinkle enchiladas with tomato and cilantro and pass with lime wedges for squeezing on top. Serve enchiladas with rice and beans, if desired. Store leftovers in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days; reheat in a 300-degree oven.
CREAM OF CHICKEN SOUP ENCHILADAS RECIPE
I found this recipe when searching for a recipe to use up some leftover grilled chicken breast. Plus it can be put together early in the day, then cooked for dinner.
Provided by Jellyqueen
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Heatr oven to 350°F.
- Spray 13x9 baking dish with cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, mix soup, sour cream and green chiles, chicken and 1 cup of the cheese.
- Place 1/4 cup mixture in center of each tortilla and roll, placing them in baking dish seam side down.
- Spoon remaining mixture onto top of the tortillas and cover pan with foil.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with the reserved cup of cheese.
- Bake 5 minutes longer, or until cheese is melted.
More about "sour cream chicken enchiladas recipes"
SOUR CREAM CHICKEN ENCHILADAS - FAVORITE FAMILY RECIPES
5/5 (4)Total Time 45 minsCategory Main Course, DinnerCalories 401 per serving
- In a large bowl, combine the shredded chicken, 1 cup of cheese, remaining enchilada sauce, condensed cream of chicken soup, sour cream, and salsa.
SOUR CREAM CHICKEN ENCHILADAS (EASY DINNER IDEA!) - THE ...
Ratings 78Calories 459 per servingCategory Main Course
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour and cook for about a minute or until golden brown.
- Slowly add chicken broth and whisk until completely smooth. Cook over medium heat until thick and bubbly.
- Turn heat to low. Stir in sour cream and green chiles. Pour 1 cup of sauce into a 9x13 baking dish. Reserve remaining sauce.
SOUR CREAM CHICKEN ENCHILADAS - WISHES AND DISHES
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
SOUR CREAM AND CHICKEN ENCHILADAS - COOKIDOO® – THE ...
4.5/5 (426)Category Main Dishes-Meat And PoultryServings 6Total Time 1 hr 10 mins
SOUR CREAM CHICKEN ENCHILADAS - A FOOD LOVER'S KITCHEN
4.4/5 (9)Total Time 40 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 629 per serving
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a 9x13" baking dish by spraying with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add the flour and whisk. Cook for 3 minutes. Whisk in the broth until smooth. Remove from heat.
- Transfer the roux to a large mixing bowl. Add in the sour cream and salsa. Stir to combine. Reserve 2/3 cup of this mixture to spread over the top of the enchiladas.
- Add the chicken and half the shredded cheese to the mixing bowl with the remaining sauce. Add the salt and stir to combine.
THE BEST SOUR CREAM CHICKEN ENCHILADAS - EASY SOUR CREAM ...
4.7/5 (53)Calories 143 per servingCategory Main
SOUR CREAM CHICKEN ENCHILADAS RECIPE - SAPORITO KITCHEN
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 40 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 739 per serving
- In a skillet or saute pan, melt the butter over medium high heat on the stovetop. When butter is melted, add diced onions and saute for 3-4 minutes until tender and slightly translucent.
- Sprinkle the flour over the sauteed onions and whisk to combine. Continue to cook, while whisking for another 2 minutes.
- Add in green chilies and chicken broth and whisk to combine together. Bring the mixture to a boil and continue to cook, while whisking for another 3 minutes until the sauce starts to thicken.
SOUR CREAM CHICKEN ENCHILADAS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
Servings 8Total Time 40 mins
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Add onion, chiles, coriander, and salt, and cook, stirring occasionally, until onion becomes soft and translucent, about 5 to 6 minutes. Transfer onion mixture to a large bowl.
- Spoon 3/4 cup of the enchilada sauce into a lightly greased (with cooking spray) 13- x 9-inch baking dish, and spread sauce evenly over bottom of baking dish.
- Spread a heaping 1/2 cup of chicken mixture down center of each tortilla. Roll up tortillas, and place seam side down on top of sauce in baking dish. Top rolled tortillas with remaining sauce and cheese, and bake in preheated oven until sauce is bubbling at the edges and cheese is melted, 25 to 30 minutes. Garnish with chopped cilantro and pickled jalapeño slices.
SOUR CREAM CHICKEN ENCHILADAS - COMPLETELY DELICIOUS
Cuisine MexicanTotal Time 40 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 428 per serving
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and green chiles and cook until softened, 3-4 minutes.
- Add flour and stir to combine. Add chicken broth a little at a time while stirring constantly, until all broth has been added and sauce is smooth. Stir in sour cream. Cook 2-3 until thickened.
- In a large bowl add half of the sauce, all of the chicken, and half of the cheese. Working with one tortilla at a time, spread some filling down the center, roll up, and place seam side-down in the casserole dish.
SOUR CREAM CHICKEN ENCHILADAS - CHOWHOUND
Cuisine Mexican, Tex-MexCategory Main DishServings 4-6Total Time 1 hr 50 mins
- To make the sauce, in a saucepan on medium-low, melt the butter then whisk in the flour until smooth; cook for 1 minute.
- Slowly add the chicken broth while whisking constantly; simmer until the sauce has thickened slightly, about 5 minutes.
EASY SOUR CREAM CHICKEN ENCHILADAS RECIPE | COOKIES & CUPS
5/5 (2)Total Time 35 minsCategory DinnerCalories 789 per serving
- Fill each tortilla with 1/4 cup chicken and 1/4 cup grated cheese. Roll the tortillas up and place them seam side down in the pan. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan melt the butter over medium heat. Add in the flour and onion powder and whisk until combined and smooth. Stir constantly until the mixture starts to bubble. Slowly stream in the chicken broth, whisking constantly. Once combined and smooth cook until the mixture comes to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil for 30 seconds until thickened and remove from the heat.
SOUR CREAM CHICKEN ENCHILADAS - NEW MEXICAN FOODIE
3.9/5 (8)Category Main CourseCuisine MexicanTotal Time 55 mins
- Warm olive oil in a saute pan, over medium heat. Cut chicken breasts into small pieces, season with cumin, salt and pepper, and saute in olive oil until cooked through.
- Warm tortillas in the microwave for 30 - 60 seconds, until pliable. Add 1/8 cup of cooked chicken to the center of the tortillas, and top with 2 tablespoons of shredded cheese. Roll tortillas and place seam-side down in a greased casserole dish.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Sprinkle in flour, and whisk to form a roux. Slowly add in chicken broth, whisking constantly until incorporated and no clumps remain. Remove from heat.
CHICKEN-SOUR CREAM ENCHILADAS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
4/5 (2)Servings 6
- Stir together chicken, 1/4 cup sour cream, and 1 1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese. Stir in onion. Spoon chicken mixture evenly on one end of each tortilla, and roll up. Arrange, seam side down, in a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
- Whisk together 2 cans green chiles, milk, and flour in a saucepan over medium heat; gradually add remaining 2 1/2 cups cheese, stirring constantly, until cheese is melted and mixture is smooth; pour sauce evenly over top of enchiladas. Spread remaining sour cream over sauce.
- Bake enchiladas at 400° for 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbly. Drain remaining can of green chiles, and spread evenly on top of enchiladas.
SOUR CREAM CHICKEN ENCHILADAS (WITH VIDEO!) - GONNA WANT ...
5/5 (4)Calories 565 per servingCategory Chicken Dinner, Main Course
- Add oil to a large skillet and saute onion until it's translucent and soft. Add taco seasoning, salt, pepper, and Rotel and stir to combine. Add shredded chicken and toss to evenly coat with onion and seasoning mixture. Remove from the heat, cover, and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a skillet. Sprinkle flour over melted butter and whisk to combine. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until the flour begins to color a little. Remove the skillet from heat and whisk in broth.
SOUR CREAM CHICKEN ENCHILADAS RECIPE | SUNCAKEMOM
Ratings 1Servings 8Cuisine Mexican, Sugar Free RecipeCategory Main Course, Meal
JOANNA GAINES' SOUR CREAM CHICKEN ENCHILADAS - STUDIO SHEPPARD
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
EASY CHEESE AND SOUR CREAM ENCHILADAS RECIPES
SOUR CREAM RECIPE IDEAS FOR DIPS, DINNER & DESSERTS ...
SOUR CREAM CHICKEN ENCHILADA CASSEROLE - SO CHEESY!
HOW TO MAKE SOUR CREAM ENCHILADA SAUCE RECIPES
EASY SOUR CREAM CHICKEN ENCHILADAS RECIPE - YOUTUBE
SOUR CREAM ENCHILADAS - HAPPY HOMESCHOOL NEST
SOUR CREAM ENCHILADAS RECIPE - MUBRCUE
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #main-dish #poultry #american #easy #chicken #one-dish-meal #comfort-food #meat #chicken-breasts #taste-mood
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make enchiladas with sour cream sauce?To assemble the enchiladas, pour one cup of the sour cream sauce in the bottom of the baking dish. Take each corn tortilla and place in the middle 1/3 cup of shredded chicken, 1 teaspoon of diced onions and 1 tablespoon of cheese (I’m not usually this scientific but if you’ve never made them before and desire exact measurements this would be it!).
How do you make chicken enchiladas with cream cheese?In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, water, onion powder, cumin, salt and pepper until smooth. Stir in chicken. Place 1/4 cup chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in two greased 13x9-in. baking dishes. In a large bowl, combine soup, sour cream, milk and chiles; pour over enchiladas.
What kind of sauce do you put on chicken enchiladas?We have the easiest Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas Recipe packed with chicken, cheese and an amazing sour cream sauce. These are the best Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas and they get even better the next day and freeze great.
How do you make chicken tortillas with sour cream and cheese?Heat tortillas in conventional or microwave oven until soft. Pour enough of the sour cream mixture into a 9x13 inch baking dish to coat the bottom. Place 2 heaping tablespoonfuls of the chicken mixture in each tortilla, roll up and place seam side down in the baking dish. Pour remaining sour cream mixture over all and top with shredded cheese.