SOUTHERN PEACH COBBLER
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place butter in a deep 2 quart baking dish and place in oven to melt.
- In a medium bowl, mix sugar and flour. Stir in milk, a little at a time, until wholly incorporated. Pour carefully over melted butter in dish. Spoon peaches and syrup over batter.
- Bake in preheated oven 35 to 45 minutes, until crust is puffed and golden.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 306.2 calories, Carbohydrate 49.5 g, Cholesterol 32.3 mg, Fat 12.1 g, Fiber 1.6 g, Protein 2.5 g, SaturatedFat 7.6 g, Sodium 245 mg, Sugar 39.5 g
SOUTHERN PEACH COBBLER
This is not my own recipe but I made it this weekend and my husband loved it. I thought it was the best peach cobbler recipe I have ever made. I found this recipe on Allrecipes and was submitted by aeposey...so all credit needs to be given to her.
Provided by Kathy Roberts
Categories Other Desserts
Number Of Ingredients 14
- 1. Mix together: 3 tablespoons of white sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Set aside.
- 2. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- 3. In a large bowl, combine peaches, 1/4 cup white sugar, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, nutmeg, lemon juice, and cornstarch. Toss to coat evenly, and pour into a 2 quart baking dish. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- 4. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine flour, 1/4 cup white sugar, 1/4 cup brown sugar, baking powder, and salt. Blend in butter with your fingertips, or a pastry blender, until mixture resembles coarse meal. Stir in water until just combined.
- 5. Remove peaches from oven, and drop spoonfuls of topping over them. Sprinkle entire cobbler with the sugar and cinnamon mixture. Bake until topping is golden, about 30 minutes.
FRESH SOUTHERN PEACH COBBLER
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, combine peaches, 1/4 cup white sugar, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, nutmeg, lemon juice, and cornstarch. Toss to coat evenly, and pour into a 2 quart baking dish. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine flour, 1/4 cup white sugar, 1/4 cup brown sugar, baking powder, and salt. Blend in butter with your fingertips, or a pastry blender, until mixture resembles coarse meal. Stir in water until just combined.
- Remove peaches from oven, and drop spoonfuls of topping over them. Sprinkle entire cobbler with the sugar and cinnamon mixture. Bake until topping is golden, about 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 561.5 calories, Carbohydrate 99.4 g, Cholesterol 45.8 mg, Fat 17.6 g, Fiber 1.3 g, Protein 3.5 g, SaturatedFat 11 g, Sodium 399.7 mg, Sugar 73.1 g
SOUTHERN PEACH COBBLER
My little cousin calls this dish "Peach Cobblet" because when he was younger, he couldn't pronounce "Cobbler." This cobbler is a spin-off of my mother's recipe. The crust is buttery and flaky (I use a butter+shortening mix), it's not too thick and not too thin, and it's a FLAVORED crust, so it boasts a lot more than just butter and flour. The filling is perfect and can be adjusted to your taste. This is a REAL, TRADITIONAL STYLE COBBLER, the way it was meant to be. No biscuit-topping and no lattice-style crust here. Serve warm with premium vanilla bean ice cream or serve with whipped topping, drizzled caramel, and a sprinkle of nutmeg.
Provided by KezCaL
Yield 10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Sift flour and salt into a large bowl. Mix in sugar, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
- Cut in shortening and butter until the texture is grainy and crumbly.
- Add 5-6 tablespoons of water at a time and gradually squeeze in the orange juice, stirring with a fork and adding touches of flour until your dough is smooth and semi-dry. Form dough into ball.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the dough in half. Sprinkle a dry, clean surface with a small 1 tablespoons of the flour.
- Roll out one half of the dough in the shape of your dish and place in a small butter-greased 8x8 or 9x9 glass, square/rectangular cobbler or casserole dish.
- Re-sprinkle surface with second tablespoon of flour and roll out second half in the same shape and set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine peaches, butter, sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon, salt, lemon juice, and cornstarch. Taste and add more sugar, cinnamon, or nutmeg if desired.
- Pour peaches mixture into crust and smooth over.
- Top the baking dish with the second crust and fold bottom and top crusts over onto the cobbler to seal the cobbler.
- Bake in center of oven at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool for at least 25 minutes before serving, allowing filling to thicken.
More about "southern peach cobbler recipes"
THE MOST UNBELIEVEABLE PEACH COBBLER RECIPE - SOUTHERN …
5/5 (1)Category DessertCuisine AmericanTotal Time 1 hr 15 mins
- If you're going to use fresh peaches, remember to wash them before you start preparing your peach cobbler recipe.
- As the peaches are marinating in their own juices. I begin to add 1 teaspoon of vanilla flavoring, 1/2 cup of softened unsalted butter, and 1 tablespoon of cinnamon.
- Next, add a 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour and a 1/2 cup of water, and mix them together. This is to ensure that as your peaches cook, they will bubble in a thick, rich, and sugary peach juice.
SERIOUSLY THE BEST SOUTHERN PEACH COBBLER! - GONNA WANT ...
5/5 (30)Calories 330 per servingCategory Dessert
- In a large bowl, fold the peaches, 1/4 cup each white and brown sugars, cinnamon, nutmeg, lemon juice and cornstarch until all ingredients are well combined.
GRANDMA'S SOUTHERN PEACH COBBLER | I HEART RECIPES
5/5 (14)Category Dessert
- Add 2 cups of sifted all purpose flour into a mixing bowl, then add the shortening. Use a pastry cutter, or dough hooks to combine the ingredients.
EASY SOUTHERN PEACH COBBLER - LOVE BAKES GOOD CAKES
4.5/5 (140)Total Time 55 minsServings 10Calories 322 per serving
- Place the butter in a 13x9-in. baking dish. Place in oven until the butter melts, about 5 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, 1 cup of sugar, baking powder, and salt. Stir in milk just until the dry ingredients are moistened. Pour the batter over the butter in the baking dish. Do NOT stir.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, combine the remaining 1 cup of sugar with the peach slices, and lemon juice. Mix well. Pour the peach mixture over the batter in the baking dish. Do NOT stir. If desired, sprinkle with cinnamon.
SOUTHERN PEACH COBBLER - BEST RECIPE EVER! - MERRY …
4.4/5 (330)Total Time 55 minsCategory DessertCalories 402 per serving
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Melt butter in a 11X13 baking dish in oven. Remove from oven when melted.
- Mix flour, 1 cup of sugar, baking powder and salt in a small bowl. Add milk and mix until just mixed. Pour batter into baking dish on top of butter. Do NOT stir.
- Bring peaches, remaining 1 cup of sugar and lemon juice to a boil in a medium sauce pan. Pour peaches over batter. Do NOT stir. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
EASY SOUTHERN PEACH COBBLER RECIPE - DIVAS CAN COOK
4.2/5 (95)Total Time 1 hr 10 minsCategory Dessert, Pie
SOUTHERN PEACH COBBLER : TASTE OF SOUTHERN
4.5/5 (2)Total Time 1 hrCategory Dessert
SOUL FOOD PEACH COBBLER RECIPE | I HEART RECIPES
4.9/5 (14)Total Time 1 hrCategory Dessert
ULTIMATE SOUTHERN EASY PEACH COBBLER (AWARD WINNING ...
5/5 (7)Total Time 1 hrCategory DessertCalories 306 per serving
- Mix together peaches, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, lemon juice and cornstarch and put into 8x8 baking dish and bake for 15 minutes.
- In a food processor add the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt and butter and pulse until it makes coarse crumbs, about 15 times.
SOUTHERN PEACH COBBLER - RECIPES FOOD AND COOKING
5/5 (2)Category Dessert, CobblerServings 6Total Time 1 hr 15 mins
SOUTHERN PEACH COBBLER + VIDEO - THE SLOW ROASTED ITALIAN
Servings 12Total Time 1 hrEstimated Reading Time 4 mins
10 BEST SOUL FOOD SOUTHERN PEACH COBBLER RECIPES | …
SOUTHERN PEACH COBBLER
FRESH PEACH COBBLER RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
5/5 (19)Category Food, Desserts, Cobblers
- Combine flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt; add milk, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Pour batter over butter (do not stir).
- Bring remaining 1 cup sugar, peach slices, and lemon juice to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly; pour over batter (do not stir). Sprinkle with cinnamon, if desired.
SOUTHERN PEACH COBBLER - THE GRACIOUS WIFE
5/5 (18)Calories 272 per servingCategory Dessert
- In a large mixing bowl, add prepared peaches and all of the peaches ingredients except the butter. Toss to fully coat the peaches in the mixture.
OLD FASHIONED SOUTHERN PEACH COBBLER RECIPE - OH SWEET BASIL
4.3/5 (17)Total Time 50 minsCategory Over 100 Favorite Fruit Dessert RecipesCalories 404 per serving
SOUTHERN PEACH COBBLER RECIPE - PAULA DEEN
Servings 15Total Time 30 minsEstimated Reading Time 3 mins
PEACH COBBLER - ONCE UPON A CHEF
Cuisine American, SouthernTotal Time 1 hr 10 minsCategory DessertsCalories 280 per serving
SOUTHERN PEACH COBBLER | TASTY PEACH FILLING TOPPED WITH ...
Ratings 5Category DessertCuisine American, SouthernTotal Time 1 hr
SOUTHERN PEACH COBBLER RECIPE | RECIPES.NET
Cuisine American, SouthernCategory CobblerServings 9
PEACH COBBLER RECIPE CANNED PEACHES / FRESH PEACH COBBLER ...
PEACH COBBLER - FOOD RECIPES
QUICK EASY PEACH COBBLER RECIPE - THREE INGREDIENT PEACH ...
SUPER EASY SOUTHERN COBBLER RECIPES YOU CAN THROW TOGETHER ...
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #low-protein #healthy #cobblers-and-crisps #desserts #fruit #holiday-event #dietary #low-sodium #low-in-something #pitted-fruit #peaches #from-scratch
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best peach cobbler to make?Easy and traditional Southern Peach Cobbler with tart, buttery, spiced peaches topped with a soft, sweet cobbler and cinnamon sugar. The best peach cobbler you will ever have! Southern Peach Cobbler is really a recipe that needs no introduction. This recipe has a sweet, soft cakey top with tart, buttery spiced peaches on the bottom.
What is Grandma’s Southern peach cobbler?Grandma’s Southern Peach Cobbler Juicy, flavorful peaches seasoned with cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla. A classic dessert! Course Dessert Cuisine American Keyword Peach Cobbler Prep Time 1hour Cook Time 45minutes Total Time 1hour45minutes Servings 8servings Author I Heart Recipes Ingredients 2lbssliced frozen peaches 1cupgranulated sugar 8tbspbutter
What is Peacock cobbler?Peach Cobbler is the ultimate Southern comfort food dessert classic with sweetened cinnamon sugar baked peaches topped with crispy biscuit dough. Saved!
What is the recipe for Peaches in a bowl?Directions. In a large bowl, combine peaches, 1/4 cup white sugar, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, nutmeg, lemon juice, and cornstarch. Toss to coat evenly, and pour into a 2 quart baking dish. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine flour, 1/4 cup white sugar,...