SPRING GRAIN SALAD
- Add the cooked grains, goat cheese, peas, tomatoes, radishes, pine nuts and scallions to a large bowl. Add the dressing to taste, then toss to combine. Place the arugula on a large platter or serving bowl. Top with the grain salad, then garnish with the parsley and serve.
SPRING PEA SALAD WITH JAMON AND MUSTARD VINAIGRETTE
- Make the dressing: Whisk together the vinegar, mustard, olive oil, hazelnut oil, pepper, shallot and salt to taste in a small bowl. Adjust the seasonings. Set aside.
- Make the salad: Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Season with salt until the water tastes slightly of salted broth. Prepare an ice bath.
- Blanch the English peas and snap peas separately, for about 10 seconds each. Shock in the ice water and drain on paper towels. Cut the snap peas into thirds.
- In a medium skillet, heat the olive oil over low heat. Tear the Jamon Serrano slices into bite-sized pieces and add to the oil in the skillet. Cook until crispy on both sides, 2 to 3 minutes total. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- Assemble the salad: Toss the English peas, snap peas, pea shoots and snow peas with the vinaigrette to taste. Plate the salad and top with the Manchego, toasted hazelnuts and crispy jamon.
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
- In a large salad bowl, toss together the bacon, broccoli, celery, green onions, green grapes, red grapes, raisins and almonds.
- Whisk together the mayonnaise, vinegar and sugar. Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 540.4 calories, Carbohydrate 28.9 g, Cholesterol 39 mg, Fat 44.8 g, Fiber 3.7 g, Protein 9.4 g, SaturatedFat 9.9 g, Sodium 546.5 mg, Sugar 20.5 g
CRUNCHY SPRING ICEBERG SALAD
A big plate of greens may feel virtuous, but this one is also luxurious. This is a very green salad, with chunks of crisp iceberg lettuce serving as a bed for briefly blanched peas and asparagus, topped with a cooling-yet-spicy cilantro yogurt. Tearing the iceberg into bite-size chunks makes this an easy-to-eat salad, no knife required. It's particularly great for outdoor dining or for those who need to eat with one hand. (We see you, new parents.) The feta adds lovely hints of tang and saltiness that work well with the herbaceous yogurt. The peas and asparagus bring freshness; you could also use other springtime staples such as snow peas, sugar snap peas or sliced radish. Serve with jammy boiled eggs for something heartier.
Provided by Hetty McKinnon
Categories weekday, salads and dressings, side dish
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Prepare the salad: Bring a medium saucepan of salted water to the boil. Add the frozen peas and asparagus, and cook for 1 to 2 minutes until the asparagus and peas are bright green and crisp tender. Drain and run under cold water until they are cold. Leave to drain.
- Prepare the lettuce: Run a sharp paring knife around the core and gently pull it out. Remove the outer layer of the lettuce and discard. Tear the lettuce into large chunks. Wash the leaves and allow them to dry in a colander. Pat them dry with a clean kitchen towel.
- Prepare the spicy cilantro yogurt: To a blender or small food processor, add the yogurt, cilantro, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt and 1 jalapeño. Blitz until smooth. (Add a teaspoon of water at a time to get the mixture moving in the blender if necessary.) Taste and add the second jalapeño if you would like it spicier.
- Serve as one large salad or divide among four individual serving plates: Add the lettuce chunks to the plate, and scatter the asparagus and peas on top and around the lettuce. Spoon the spicy cilantro yogurt all over the vegetables, dot with feta and squeeze the juice from the lemon half over everything. Season with salt and black pepper, and top with a few cilantro leaves.
More about "spring salad recipes"
18 BRIGHT AND DELICIOUS SPRING SALAD RECIPES - THE SPRUCE …
Estimated Reading Time 7 mins
- Hearty Chopped Salad. Chopped salads are all the rage, and for good reason. Dicing up the components into similar-sized pieces results in more effective distribution than a traditional tossed salad.
- Creamy Garden Potato Salad. Just because it's a salad, doesn't mean it has to be lettuce-based. Replace the frozen vegetables with fresh ones in this classic potato salad that's packed with veggies and accented with hard-boiled eggs.
- Classic Spinach Salad. Spinach salad may have had its moment in the 90s, but this delicious, iron-rich leafy green dish never left our rotation. Baby spinach will be everywhere once the weather warms up, so grab a bag and toss this easy salad together.
- Green Pea Salad with Creamy Dressing. Showcase the fresh flavor and snappy texture of fresh spring peas with this Southern-style green pea salad. A combination of green, red, and yellow bell peppers add color and sweetness, while red onion adds a zing to contrast with the creamy dressing.
- Rice Salad with Lemon Dressing. You might not think of rice when you think of salad, so let this colorful vegetable dish change your mind. It's packed with spring veggies, like spinach, green onions, carrots, tomatoes, red bell peppers, parsley, and summer squash, all brightened up with a lemon-spiked dressing.
- Glazed Salmon Salad. Quickly caramelized salmon fillets are an ideal addition to this glazed salmon salad recipe. It's an easy recipe that will have dinner on the table in 30 minutes.
- Shaved Asparagus and Arugula Salad. We can't get enough asparagus in the spring, and this delicious asparagus salad is one of the reasons. Shaves or thinly slice these tender seasonal spears, and toss with peppery arugula and protein-packed edamame.
- Fattoush Salad with Tomato and Asparagus. Fattoush is the Middle Eastern answer to panzanella, or bread salad, using pita instead of crusty bread. This extra-crunchy salad is definitely not low-carb, but it is a great way to enjoy fresh spring asparagus and tomatoes in a new presentation.
- Spring Greens and Beans. Combine your favorite spring greens, crisp green beans, and freshly grated ginger in this zippy salad that makes an excellent side dish for simple grilled meat or fish.
- Quinoa, Tuna, and Chickpea Salad. Grain salads are popular right now for a reason: they're delicious, pack in the protein, and make a nice change from leafy greens while still being healthy, hearty, and tasty.
THE BEST MOUTHWATERING SPRING SALADS | THE RECIPE CRITIC
BRIGHT SPRING SALAD RECIPE - LOVE AND LEMONS
24 FLAVORFUL SPRING SALAD RECIPES TO WELCOME SEASONAL PRODUCE
SPRING SALAD RECIPE - BEAUTIFUL LIFE AND HOME
SPRING TIME SALAD - EAT WELL RECIPE - NZ HERALD
13 SPRING SALADS THAT GO WITH EVERYTHING | COOKING LIGHT
30 FRESH AND COLORFUL SPRING SALAD RECIPES | SOUTHERN LIVING
10 BEST FRESH SPRING MIX SALAD RECIPES | YUMMLY
25 SIMPLE SPRING SALAD RECIPES TO FRESHEN UP YOUR TABLE ...
17 SPRING SALAD RECIPES | FOOD & WINE
35 BRIGHT SALAD IDEAS FOR SPRING - TASTE OF HOME
OUR 15+ BEST SPRING SALAD RECIPES | EATINGWELL
19 HEALTHY SPRING SALAD RECIPES | THE LEAF
10 FRESH SPRING SALAD RECIPES – A COUPLE COOKS
33 FRESH, SPRING SALADS WITH SEASONAL PRODUCE | BON APPéTIT
47 DELICIOUS SPRING SALAD RECIPES - SHE LIKES FOOD
19 EASY SPRING SALADS | EATINGWELL
FRESH SPRING SALAD RECIPE - STRENGTH AND SUNSHINE
FRESH SPRING SALAD RECIPES MADE WITH SEASONAL PRODUCE ...
SPRING GRAIN SALAD WITH LEMON VINAIGRETTE - CLEAN GREEN SIMPLE
17 PERFECT SPRING SALAD RECIPES - KIWI & PLUMS
18 EASY SPRING SALADS - BEST SALAD RECIPES FOR SPRING
ZUCCHINI CASSEROLE WITH SPRING SALAD RECIPE - COOK.ME RECIPES
SPRING SALAD RECIPES - SERIOUS EATS
15+ HEALTHY SPRING SALAD RECIPES - JAR OF LEMONS
21 SUPER-FRESH SPRING SALAD RECIPES
25+ SPRING & SUMMER SALAD RECIPE IDEAS | WALDER WELLNESS, RD
33 FRESH, BRIGHT SPRING SALADS MADE WITH SEASONAL PRODUCE
THE PERFECT SPRING SALAD RECIPE
33 FRESH, SPRING SALADS WITH SEASONAL INGREDIENTS
40 EASTER SALAD RECIPES YOU'LL LOVE TO NIBBLE ON | TASTE ...
DISCOVER OUR SPRING SALAD RECIPES - FRESH PREP BLOG
SIMPLE SPRING MIX SALAD RECIPE - FOOLPROOF LIVING
40+ SPRING SALAD RECIPES THAT ARE HEALTHY & TASTY
22+ SPRING SALAD RECIPES MADE W/ SPRING PRODUCE (EASY ...
10 BEST SPRING MIX SALAD WITH FRUIT RECIPES | YUMMLY
SPRING SALAD! | RECIPETIN EATS
39 SPRING SALAD RECIPES YOU'LL WANT TO MAKE ALL SEASON ...
SIMPLE SPRING MIX SALAD RECIPES TO TRY - PUBLIC GOODS
WARM SALAD RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
15+ BEST SPRING SALAD RECIPES | LIL' LUNA
THE BEST SPRING MIX SALAD (SUPER SIMPLE!) - FIT FOODIE FINDS
SPRING SALAD RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
#15-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #breakfast #eggs-dairy #vegetables #australian #eggs #asparagus #greens #lettuces #brunch
You'll also love