STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE PUFFS
When my wonderful friend Kelly brought me a pint of strawberries, I didn't want to just eat them straight (tempting as it was). I decided to make strawberry shortcake with my own pretty, elegant spin. These light and airy puff pastry stacks let the fruit shine. -Jenny Dubinsky, Inwood, West Virginia
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Preheat oven to 400°. On a lightly floured surface, roll puff pastry to a 10-in. square; cut into 12 rectangles (approx. 3x2-1/2 in.). Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake until golden brown, 12-15 minutes. Remove to wire racks; cool completely., In a large bowl, toss strawberries with 1/4 cup sugar. Let stand 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. In another bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add vanilla and remaining sugar; beat until stiff peaks form., To serve, split pastries horizontally in half. Top each bottom half with 2 tablespoons whipped cream and 1 tablespoon strawberries; replace top half. Top with remaining whipped cream and strawberries.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 246 calories, Fat 16g fat (8g saturated fat), Cholesterol 34mg cholesterol, Sodium 76mg sodium, Carbohydrate 23g carbohydrate (11g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 3g protein.
CLASSIC STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE
A good way to celebrate strawberry season. The texture of this not-too-sweet biscuit is light and fluffy inside and crisp outside. If you like ginger, you can make a variation of this biscuit by adding 2 tablespoons chopped crystalized ginger and 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger into the biscuit dough before baking.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Whisk together the flour, 2 tablespoons of the sugar, the baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a medium bowl. Add the butter and work it into the flour, using your fingers or a pastry cutter, until the butter pieces are the size of small peas.
- Whisk together 1/3 cup of the cream with the egg and 1/3 cup water in a small bowl. Add to the dry mixture and stir with a wooden spoon until a stiff batter forms. Drop 6 mounds onto the prepared baking sheet, leaving about 2 inches between each biscuit. Brush with a bit of cream and sprinkle with sugar. Bake until golden brown, about 25 minutes. Cool on the baking sheet.
- While the biscuits bake and cool, combine the honey with 1/3 cup water and a pinch of salt in a small saucepot. Gently simmer, stirring, over medium heat until the honey is dissolved and the mixture is slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Cool, and then toss in a medium bowl with the strawberries and mint. If time allows, set aside for at least 30 minutes to allow the strawberries to release their juices.
- To assemble, whip the remaining 1 cup cream with the remaining 1 tablespoon sugar to soft peaks in a medium bowl. Split each biscuit and place the bottom half on a plate. Top evenly with the berries and accumulated juices and then the whipped cream. Place the top of the biscuit on the shortcake and garnish with fresh mint.
THE BEST CLASSIC STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE
For our simple and iconic shortcake, we discovered a great double-stacking technique that creates super light and high biscuits that are easy to split. This makes them easy to fill without crumbling. A simple recipe like this one allows its ingredients to shine, so use the very best berries you can find.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 13
- For the shortcakes: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk the heavy cream, sour cream and vanilla in a small bowl; refrigerate until ready to use. Pulse the flour, granulated sugar, baking powder and salt in a food processor until combined. Add the butter; pulse until the mixture looks like fine meal. Pour in the chilled heavy cream mixture and pulse until just combined.
- Lightly flour a work surface and dump the dough onto it. Pat out the dough 1/2-inch thick. Cut out as many biscuits as you can with a 2 1/2-inch biscuit cutter. Then pat the remaining dough out to 1/2-inch thick again. Cut more biscuits; you should get 12.
- Put 6 of the biscuits on the prepared baking sheet. Brush the tops generously with cream, then top each cream-brushed biscuit with one of the remaining biscuit rounds. (This makes it easier to split once they are baked.) Brush the top of each biscuit stack with more heavy cream and sprinkle 1 teaspoon granulated sugar on each biscuit.
- Bake the biscuits until golden and puffed, about 30 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
- Meanwhile, for the topping: Toss the strawberries and 2 tablespoons of the brown sugar in a medium bowl.
- Just before serving, beat the heavy cream, sour cream, the remaining 2 tablespoons brown sugar and vanilla in a large bowl with a mixer on medium-high speed until soft peaks form, about 2 minutes.
- Split the shortcakes in half. Spoon half the cream on the bottom of the biscuits, top evenly with the strawberries and top with the remaining cream. Put each biscuit top on and serve.
SLAB STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE
Shortcake to feed a crowd! With no individual assembly required, this genius recipe couldn't be more perfect for all of your spring and summer gatherings. The from-scratch biscuit base is scone-like in its buttery texture and tastes great on its own, but when topped with sweetened whipped cream and sugared strawberries, it's simply divine. If you have other fresh berries on hand, you can use your favorite combination to top the shortcake base. This dessert will be your new party favorite.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Heat oven to 400°F. In large bowl, stir the flour, 1/2 cup granulated sugar, baking powder and salt until blended. Cut in butter, using pastry blender or fork, until mixture looks like coarse crumbs.
- In small bowl, beat eggs and 2 cups whipping cream just until blended. Stir into flour mixture until mixture forms a soft dough. Using lightly floured fingers, pat and press dough in bottom of 15x10x1-inch ungreased pan.
- Bake 16 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, mix strawberries and 1/4 cup granulated sugar; stir occasionally.
- When ready to serve, in chilled large bowl, beat Topping ingredients with electric mixer on medium-high speed until stiff peaks form. Spread top with whipped cream. Using slotted spoon, spoon sugared berries over top. Cut into 4 rows by 4 rows. Store covered in refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 470, Carbohydrate 35 g, Cholesterol 120 mg, Fat 6 1/2, Fiber 1 g, Protein 5 g, SaturatedFat 21 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 340 mg, Sugar 13 g, TransFat 1 g
MOM'S STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE
When I was growing up, Mom sometimes experimented with different dessert recipes, but this tried-and-true spongy shortcake was always great just the way it was. It melted in my mouth! -Karen Wingate, Coldwater, Kansas
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 9 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease an 8-in. square baking pan. In a large bowl, beat eggs on medium speed 3 minutes. Gradually add 1 cup sugar, beating until thick and lemon-colored. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; beat into egg mixture. In a small saucepan, heat milk and butter just until butter begins to melt. Beat into batter with vanilla (batter will be thin)., Transfer batter to prepared pan. Bake 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely., Just before serving, cut cake into serving-size pieces; cut each slice horizontally in half. In a large bowl, combine strawberries and remaining sugar; spoon between cake layers and over top of each serving. Top with whipped cream and, if desired, mint leaves.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 236 calories, Fat 3g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 52mg cholesterol, Sodium 145mg sodium, Carbohydrate 49g carbohydrate (36g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 4g protein.
- Slice the strawberries and toss them with 1/2 cup of white sugar. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Grease and flour one 8 inch round cake pan.
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking powder, 2 tablespoons white sugar and the salt. With a pastry blender cut in the shortening until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Make a well in the center and add the beaten egg and milk. Stir until just combined.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan. Bake at 425 degrees F (220 degrees C) for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool partially in pan on wire rack.
- Slice partially cooled cake in half, making two layers. Place half of the strawberries on one layer and top with the other layer. Top with remaining strawberries and cover with the whipped cream.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 430.2 calories, Carbohydrate 55.2 g, Cholesterol 65.8 mg, Fat 21.4 g, Fiber 3.6 g, Protein 6.6 g, SaturatedFat 9.5 g, Sodium 347 mg, Sugar 23.3 g
EASY STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKES
- Sprinkle strawberries with 1/2 cup sugar; let stand 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 450°F. Grease bottom and side of round pan, 8x1 1/2 inches.
- Cut shortening into flour, 2 tablespoons sugar, the baking powder and salt in medium bowl, using pastry blender or crisscrossing 2 knives, until mixture looks like fine crumbs. Stir in milk just until blended. Pat dough in pan.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Split layer horizontally in half while hot. Spread with butter; fill and top with strawberries. Serve warm with cream.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 450, Carbohydrate 66 g, Cholesterol 25 mg, Fiber 4 g, Protein 6 g, SaturatedFat 8 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 680 mg
STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE (PUFF PASTRY)
These are sooooo yummy and very easy. It takes just a few minutes to prepare the strawberries and only seconds to prepare the puff pastry. This is a great summer recipe.
Provided by Sarah in New York
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Wash and slice strawberries into thin slices.
- Put in a bowl and pour sugar over them.
- Mix together until well coated.
- Let sit in the fridge for at least 3 hours. (The longer the better.).
- Let puff pastries thaw. (cover with plastic wrap, so they don't dry out).
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Unfold strips and cut into squares.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 10 to 15 minutes.(Until golden brown).
- Let pastries cool. (about 10 minutes).
- Serve by placing one pastry in a bowl, spoon strawberries over it and top with whipping cream.
- Tastes out of this world!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 531.6, Fat 23.8, SaturatedFat 5.9, Sodium 154.2, Carbohydrate 76.8, Fiber 4, Sugar 45, Protein 5.5
STRAWBERRY & VANILLA SHORTCAKES
Encapsulate British summertime with these cute little shortcakes, perfect piled high with clotted cream and jam
Provided by Jane Hornby
Categories Afternoon tea, Dessert, Treat
Yield Make 8
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat oven to 220C/fan 200C/gas 7 and lightly flour a baking sheet. Put the flour, butter, sugar, half of the vanilla seeds and ¼ tsp salt into the bowl of a food processor, then pulse until fine. Tip into a large bowl. Beat the milk, egg and a good squeeze of lemon together, then tip into the bowl and bring together with a knife, using a cutting action, until you have a clumpy dough. Finally bring together with your hands if you need to.
- Lightly flour the work surface, tip the dough onto it, then quickly shape into a smooth-ish disc. Using a rolling pin, pat out to 2cm thick. Cut out 8 rounds with a smooth 7cm cutter (you'll need to pinch together the trimmings). Glaze just the tops with beaten egg, transfer to the floured sheet, then bake for 10-12 mins until risen and golden, and they sound hollow when tapped on the bottom. Cool on a wire rack.
- Beat the remaining vanilla seeds and icing sugar into the clotted cream. It will get runnier at first, but keep beating and it will thicken again. To serve, slice the very top from each shortcake to give a flat surface, then spoon over about 1 tsp jam. Top with a good dollop of the vanilla clotted cream and finish with the strawberries.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 502 calories, Fat 30 grams fat, SaturatedFat 18 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 55 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 22 grams sugar, Fiber 2 grams fiber, Protein 6 grams protein, Sodium 0.82 milligram of sodium
STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE FROM SCRATCH
- Place strawberries in a bowl and stir in 1/4 cup sugar. Refrigerate until sugar has dissolved, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Place flour, remaining sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Cut butter into 8 pieces and add to the bowl. Cut into the flour mixture with a pastry cutter or 2 knives until finely crumbled. Add milk and stir until dough just comes together.
- Place dough on a lightly floured surface and turn to coat with flour. Fold dough in half, press down, and push forward with the heel of your hand. Turn 90 degrees. Repeat 12 times. Roll dough out to 1/2- to 3/4-inch thickness and cut into 4-inch circles with a ring cutter or cookie cutter. Place shortcakes on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, pour heavy cream into a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer until it has increased in volume but is still soft. Add confectioners' sugar and mix until combined.
- Top each shortcake with whipped cream and spoon strawberries on top.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 556.7 calories, Carbohydrate 64.6 g, Cholesterol 97.2 mg, Fat 31.3 g, Fiber 3.2 g, Protein 6.9 g, SaturatedFat 19.3 g, Sodium 467.8 mg, Sugar 28.2 g
BRUSTER'S STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE (COPYCAT)
Now, I'm not going to tell you guys how I got this because I might be fired from my job, lol, just kidding. No, I won't get fired, this is really just a very simple recipe that I thought someone might like to have, so, I decided to share it.
Provided by MizEmerilLagasse
Yield 1-2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- In a big serving bowl, place the slices of pound cake in the bottom.
- Top with the ice cream, then strawberries, then whip cream, and last but not least, the cherry.
- And there you have it!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 945.7, Fat 30.9, SaturatedFat 18.6, Cholesterol 208, Sodium 405.9, Carbohydrate 165.8, Fiber 2.6, Sugar 77.1, Protein 9.6
More about "strawberry shortcake puff pastry recipes"
STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE PASTRIES - PEPPERIDGE FARM
Servings 9Estimated Reading Time 1 min
5-INGREDIENT STRAWBERRY BREAKFAST PASTRIES - JUST A TASTE
STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE PUFFS - RECIPES | GOYA FOODS
STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE MADE WITH POUND CAKE RECIPE
10 BEST STRAWBERRY PUFF PASTRY DESSERT RECIPES | YUMMLY
PETIT FOURS BERRY SHORTCAKES – PUFF PASTRY
EASY PUFF PASTRY STRAWBERRY TART - MY BAKING ADDICTION
THE BEST STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE - ONCE UPON A CHEF
HEALTHIER STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE RECIPE - COOKIE AND KATE
STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE PASTRIES – [DEV] PUFF PASTRY
Servings 9Total Time 1 hr 20 mins
STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE PASTRIES – PUFF PASTRY
Servings 9Total Time 1 hr 20 minsEstimated Reading Time 1 min
STRAWBERRY-HALVA SHORTCAKES RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE PUFFS - THE TIMES WEEKLY
THE BEST EVER STRAWBERRY PUFF PASTRY - EAZY PEAZY DESSERTS
STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE PASTRY RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
BEST STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE RECIPE - MOM ON TIMEOUT
STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE WITH PUFF PASTRY : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST ...
STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE CUPCAKES - SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE PUFFS - COMPLETERECIPES.COM
STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE PASTRIES – [STAGE] PUFF PASTRY
FROZEN STRAWBERRY PUFF PASTRY | RICARDO
STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE PUFFS RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE ICE CREAM - THE FLAVOR BENDER
STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE CREAM PUFFS - JOANNE EATS WELL WITH OTHERS
COPYCAT STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE FLAKIES - LORD BYRON'S KITCHEN
EASY STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE PUFFS - PUMPKIN 'N SPICE
EASY STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE RECIPE - SPEND WITH PENNIES
HOMEMADE STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE - SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
POUND CAKE STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE RECIPE - JETT'S KITCHEN
EASY STRAWBERRY CREAM CHEESE DANISH - BELLY FULL
PUFF PASTRY STRAWBERRY TURNOVERS - THE CLASSY BAKER
STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE PUFFS RECIPE - EASY DESSERT - ZAGLEFT
STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE PUFF PASTRIES-EDESIAN | BEST RECIPES DOWNLOAD
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make a strawberry puff pastry cake?In a large bowl, stir together the whipped cream, 1/2 cup white sugar, and mascarpone cheese. In a separate bowl, mix together the strawberry slices, 1/4 cup white sugar, and strawberry jam. Once puff pastry is cool, top with the cream and then the strawberries.
What are easy Strawberry Shortcake puffs?Easy Strawberry Shortcake Puffs are a simple dessert that contains just five ingredients. By using frozen puff pastry and sweet strawberries, this easy dessert is ready in less than an hour! I’ve got the ultimate strawberry dessert for you today, friends! The sun is shining, the weather is warm, and I’m soaking up all of the fresh fruits.
How to bake strawberry shortcake biscuits?Using a cookie scoop, add the shortcake dough onto a silicon baking mat on a sheet pan and sprinkle each dough mound with ½ tablespoon of sugar crystals. Bake for 12-15 minutes. While the biscuits are baking, add the remaining two tablespoons of sugar to the bowl with the strawberries and stir together.
How to thicken puff pastry with strawberry cream?While puff pastry is baking, in a large bowl, toss strawberries with ¼ cup sugar. Let stand for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. In another bowl, beat the cream with a hand mixer until it begins to thicken. Add vanilla and remaining 3 tablespoons sugar and beat until stiff peaks form. To serve, split pastries horizontally in half.