- Heat oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Brown beef in hot oil, then stir in soy sauce, MSG, broth, and sugar. Mix in onion and celery, and cook until tender. Stir in bamboo shoots, green onions, mushrooms, and water chestnuts. Reduce heat to medium, stir in cornstarch, and simmer until sauce is thickened.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 311.1 calories, Carbohydrate 27 g, Cholesterol 60.7 mg, Fat 12.3 g, Fiber 3.9 g, Protein 23.5 g, SaturatedFat 4.2 g, Sodium 1991.7 mg, Sugar 16.4 g
TRADITIONAL BEEF SUKIYAKI
Traditional Japanese beef sukiyaki recipe for a one-pot recipe that is cooked at the table. Delicious when dipped in raw beaten egg and eaten with rice.
Provided by Brenda Sawyer Adamson
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Combine water, soy sauce, sugar, and sake in a bowl to make broth.
- Arrange beef, tofu, Chinese cabbage, yam noodles, shiitake mushrooms, enoki mushrooms, and green onion on separate plates on the table.
- Heat oil in an electric skillet or a large skillet set over a hot plate at the table. Add beef slices; cook and stir until browned, about 1 minute. Pour in some broth; bring to a boil. Stir in tofu, cabbage, noodles, shiitake mushrooms, enoki mushrooms, and green onion; simmer until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Ladle cooked sukiyaki mixture into serving bowls. Replenish broth in the skillet.
- Crack each egg into a small bowl and beat lightly. Serve sukiyaki alongside eggs for dipping.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 644.8 calories, Carbohydrate 71.2 g, Cholesterol 234.9 mg, Fat 19.6 g, Fiber 1.8 g, Protein 40.3 g, SaturatedFat 5.2 g, Sodium 2830.7 mg, Sugar 37 g
You need an electric skillet for this wonderful meal. Sukiyaki is a very popular one-pot meal in Japan. The main ingredient is thin sliced beef; it is simmered in a skillet in the sukiyaki sauce with many vegetables and other ingredients. The quality of beef used in Sukiyaki is very important. It's a fun and perfect dish for a party or a romantic meal for 2! All you need to do is cut ingredients and place in a large plate and cook in an electric skillet placed on the table
Provided by Sageca
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Slice vegetables and arrange on large platter. Mix sukiyaki sauce in separate bowl.
- Heat oil in electric skillet, brown meat, sprinkling with 1 teaspoon sugar and some sukiyaki sauce;(move over to one side). Place ingredients in skillet (keep separate) and pour sauce over.
- Cover, bring to boil and cook 2 minutes. Simmer until all ingredients are softened.
- Dip the cooked sukiyaki into the raw, beaten eggs and begin to eat.
- As the liquid boils away, add more sukiyaki sauce.
- Spinach is a good subtitute for chinese cabbage.
- Mix soy sauce, sugar, stock, and mirin together in a bowl. Arrange meat and vegetables on a large platter. Heat an electric skillet to 375 degrees F.
- Add oil to the skillet and heat. Brown meat in the oil, adding sugar slowly. Move the meat to the corner of the skillet when well browned. Add other vegetables, keeping each separate. Add sauce and cover. Bring to a boil and cook for 2 minutes. Uncover and turn all ingredients while cooking 2 minutes more. Serve on small plates.
JAPANESE BEEF AND VEGETABLES: SUKIYAKI
- In a wok, heat 3 ounces of peanut oil. Add beef strips and stir-fry quickly, just to brown meat. Season with soy sauce and sugar, then remove and set aside.
- Clean the wok, and heat the remaining 3 ounces of peanut oil. Add scallions, onions, mushrooms, tofu, spinach, and bamboo shoots. Stir-fry quickly, about 2 minutes. Add mirin and noodles and return cooked meat to the mixture. Stir-fry an additional minute or just until hot and well-incorporated.
- Remove from wok and serve at once on a preheated dinner plate.
This is a recipe i picked up in Culinary School several years back. It is always a big hit for every occasion especially served over my Homemade Fried Rice.
Provided by esrambeaut
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Slice Steak into 2-3 inch strips as thin as you can do safely. Clean all Vegetables and slice into strips Julienne style. Now is a good time to premix your sauce since you will be very busy with stir frying later when you need to add it inches Mix Soy Sauce, Sugar, Ginger, Garlic, Pepper, Red Pepper, and 1/2 Cup of Water. Stir Well to mix and set aside.
- Heat 1 Tbsp of Olive oil in a Wok (or a large Sauce Pan) on high heat. Stir fry Steak strips until browned ( i usually let them boil in their own juices for a few extra minutes to ensure maximum tenderness). Drain fat from steak strips, add the remainder of your Olive oil and all your Vegetables except Broccoli and Bean Sprouts. Stir fry on High until vegetable are Tender Crisp (about 3-4 minutes) now add your Broccoli and Bean Sprouts ( if you add them to early they will wither and become mushy) stir fry an additional 2 Minutes. Now give your sauce a quick stir and add it into the Wok. Stir fry the mixture about 30 seconds. Now mix the remaining 1/2 cup of water with your cornstarch to make a slurry. Add the slurry slowly into your wok stirring as you go. Once the color of the juice in the wok starts to lighten stop adding the slurry. Reduce heat to medium and stir constantly for about 30 seconds as the sauce turns to a glaze. Serve immediately, best over Fried Rice.
More about "sukiyaki recipes"
SUKIYAKI RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE SUKIYAKI AT HOME - THE …
4.9/5 (11)Total Time 40 minsCategory BeefCalories 751 per serving
- In a pot over a portable electric or gas cooktop (or just your regular stove) over medium heat, add 2 tablespoons sake, ¼ cup mirin, 1 tablespoon brown sugar, and ¼ cup soy sauce in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, turn off the heat, make sure all the sugar is dissolved, and transfer to a bowl.
- Then prepare all your sukiyaki ingredients––the tofu slices, rehydrated shiitake mushrooms, enoki mushrooms, napa cabbage, tong ho, and scallions. Set aside on a plate. Soak the dried vermicelli noodles in water for 10 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in the pan. Fry the white parts of the scallions in the oil for 2 minutes. Chop the green parts of the scallions finely and set aside.
- In the pan with the scallions, add the sliced beef. Sear the beef for 10 seconds, and add a drizzle of your sukiyaki sauce. Fry the meat until it just begins to brown––it should still be a bit pink. Remove from the pot and set aside.
SUKIYAKI RECIPE すき焼き • JUST ONE COOKBOOK
4.7/5 (200)Calories 608 per servingCategory Main Course
- Combine 1 cup sake, 1 cup mirin, ¼ cup sugar, and 1 cup soy sauce in a small saucepan and bring it to a boil. Once boiling, turn off the heat and set aside. This Sukiyaki sauce can be stored in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to a month.
- If your udon is frozen, cook it in boiling water until loosen. Remove from heat and soak in iced water to prevent overcooking them. Drain and transfer to a plate covered with plastic. You will not need it till the end of the sukiyaki meal.
- Set a portable gas cooktop at the dining table. Each person should have a medium-sized bowl where the cooked food is being transferred to from the pot. Heat a cast iron sukiyaki pot (or any pot) on medium heat. When it’s hot, add 1 Tbsp cooking oil (or beef fat).
GUIDE TO SUKIYAKI STEAK: RECIPE, CUTTING TECHNIQUE AND …
SUKIYAKI - NO RECIPES
SUKIYAKI RECIPE – TRADITIONAL JAPANESE HOT POT DISH
BEEF SUKIYAKI RECIPE - BBC FOOD
EASY JAPANESE SUKIYAKI RECIPE – JAPAN FOOD STYLE
THAI STYLE HOMEMADE SUKIYAKI | TASTE OF THAILAND
RECIPE/DIRECTIONS FOR SUKIYAKI - KIKKOMAN CORPORATION
KANSAI-STYLE SUKIYAKI RECIPE - COOKING WITH DOG
SUKIYAKI - RECIPETIN JAPAN
SUKIYAKI RECIPE: FUN FAMILY FAVORITE! + HOW TO MAKE …
SUKIYAKI (JAPANESE HOT POT) | RECIPE | KITCHEN STORIES
SUKIYAKI - HOUSE & HOME
TRADITIONAL SUKIYAKI (JAPANESE BEEF HOT POT) RECIPE
SUKIYAKI - IT'S MY DISH
JAPANESE WAGYU SUKIYAKI RECIPE – WAGYUMAN
SUKIYAKI - UWAJIMAYA
JAPANESE BEEF STIR-FRY (SUKIYAKI) | FOODLAND ONTARIO
SUKIYAKI - ANG SARAP
THAI SUKIYAKI - RECIPE | SCMP COOKING
SUKIYAKI | HAWAIIAN ELECTRIC
EASY TO COOK JAPANESE ONE POT KANTO-STYLE SUKIYAKI RECIPE
EASY SUKIYAKI RECIPES
HOW TO MAKE SUKIYAKI (WITH PICTURES) - WIKIHOW
KANTO-STYLE SUKIYAKI RECIPE (BEEF AND VEGETABLE HOTPOT)
BEEF SUKIYAKI RECIPE | JAPANESE HOT POT RECIPE | WHITEONRICE …
CHEF MASA TAKAYAMA'S RECIPE FOR SUKIYAKI
HOW TO MAKE SUKIYAKI SAUCE - ASIAN RECIPE
SUKIYAKI RECIPE | CHATELAINE
HOW TO MAKE SUKIYAKI: HOMEMADE SUKIYAKI RECIPE - 2022
SUKIYAKI RECIPE - SIMPLE CHINESE FOOD
EASY SUKIYAKI RECIPE - MOCHI MOMMY
SUKIYAKI SAUCE - SAUCE FANATIC - EVERYDAY SAUCE RECIPES
SUKIYAKI (すき焼き) - HISTORY, RECIPE, AND INFO OF IT
21 PORK SUKIYAKI RECIPES - SELECTED RECIPES
HOMEMADE SUKIYAKI RECIPE | ETTAFOOD
SUKIYAKI RECIPE - QUICK FROM SCRATCH ONE-DISH MEALS | FOOD & WINE
JAPANESE SUKIYAKI RECIPE | RECIPES.NET
SUKIYAKI RECIPE – JAPANESE COOKING 101
SUKIYAKI: RECIPE, HOW TO EAT, AND THE BEST PLACES IN TOKYO TO TRY
STIR-FRIED PORK SUKIYAKI IN BLACK PEPPER SAUCE - THAT SPICY CHICK
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #cuisine #preparation #main-dish #asian #stove-top #one-dish-meal #stir-fry #equipment #technique
You'll also love