SUMMER LAYERED CHICKEN SALAD
- In deep 3-quart salad bowl, place half of the lettuce. Layer with chicken, cheese, pecan halves, remaining lettuce and strawberries.
- In small bowl or glass measuring cup, mix dressing ingredients with wire whisk until well blended. Just before serving, pour dressing over salad.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 490, Carbohydrate 17 g, Cholesterol 75 mg, Fat 4 1/2, Fiber 4 g, Protein 28 g, SaturatedFat 7 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 990 mg, Sugar 10 g, TransFat 0 g
CONTEST-WINNING SUMMER CHICKEN SALAD
I found this recipe many years a go in a church cookbook. It's special enough for a fancy dinner but easy enough to fix for a light lunch. There's a kick to the tangy citrus dressing, which even my picky son enjoys.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Place chicken in a large skillet; add broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°. Drain; cover and refrigerate. In a large bowl, combine greens and sliced strawberries; refrigerate., In a blender, combine the hulled strawberries, orange juice, oil, lemon juice and lemon zest, sugar, chili powder, salt and pepper. Cover and process until smooth. Pour into a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 5-6 minutes until slightly thickened. Cool slightly. , Drizzle half of the dressing over greens and berries; toss to coat. Divide among four plates. Cut chicken into 1/8-in. slices; arrange over salads. Drizzle remaining dressing over chicken; sprinkle with nuts.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 202 calories, Fat 13g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 16mg cholesterol, Sodium 593mg sodium, Carbohydrate 14g carbohydrate (8g sugars, Fiber 5g fiber), Protein 11g protein.
SUMMER CHICKEN SALAD
"Using a little imagination, I came up with this recipe for drop-in dinner guests one night," writes Diana Boschulte of Goodfield, Illinois. "It's so versatile. You can leave out the grapes and add chopped apples or vegetables instead."
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2-3 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, celery, grapes and raisins. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, salt and pepper. Add to chicken mixture; toss to coat. Stir in pecans. Serve on lettuce. Garnish with tomato if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 605 calories, Fat 46g fat (7g saturated fat), Cholesterol 96mg cholesterol, Sodium 688mg sodium, Carbohydrate 20g carbohydrate (16g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 29g protein.
GRILLED CHICKEN MARBELLA PANZANELLA
This recipe is sponsored by Do Good Chicken. In a lighter take on the trendy retro dish, chicken breasts and fresh seasonal stone fruit replace the usual quartered chicken and dried fruit. They're marinated in a caper-and-olive-flecked dressing, then grilled and served on a bed of flame-kissed greens and toasted bread. The extra dressing becomes the classic savory-sweet white wine sauce that pulls all the flavors of this salad together.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Whisk the olives, olive brine, vinegar, apricot preserves, capers and brine, brown sugar, oregano, 1/3 cup of the olive oil, 1 tablespoon salt and several grinds of black pepper in a medium bowl until the sugar and salt are dissolved.
- Combine 1/4 cup of the dressing with the fruit in another medium bowl, cover and marinate for 30 minutes at room temperature. Combine 1/4 cup of the remaining dressing with the chicken in a third medium bowl, cover and marinate for 30 minutes in the refrigerator. Reserve the remaining dressing.
- Preheat a large grill pan or a grill over medium-high heat.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant and softened but not brown, about 1 minute. Add the wine, bring to a boil and cook until reduced by half, about 3 minutes. Add the reserved dressing, bring to a boil and cook until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Keep warm.
- Grill the chicken and fruit, flipping the chicken halfway through and turning the fruit frequently, until the chicken is cooked through and the fruit is caramelized, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest.
- Grill the bread, flipping occasionally, until toasted, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a serving platter and tear into bite-size pieces when cool enough to handle. Right before serving, grill the lettuce, turning occasionally, until slightly wilted and charred in spots, about 3 minutes. Transfer to the serving platter and toss with the torn bread. Slice the chicken and arrange it, along with the fruit, over the bread and greens. Drizzle with the warm dressing and season with salt and pepper.
SUMMER CHICKEN SALAD
- For the salad: Put the chicken breasts into a large plastic storage bag. Pound with a mallet or rolling pin to flatten to 1/4-inch uniform thickness. Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat a grill and drizzle with the olive oil. Grill the chicken on both sides until done, about 7 minutes per side. (Rotate halfway during grilling each side to ensure pretty grill marks.) Set aside to cool.
- Grill the corn for a few minutes, until still crunchy but colored. With a very sharp knife, shave the kernels off each corn cob. Combine with the dill, celery and onions in a large bowl. Set aside.
- For the dressing: Mix together the feta, half-and-half, mayonnaise and sour cream in a bowl. Stir in the sugar, lemon juice and some salt and pepper. Stir, and then taste. Add more salt if necessary; do not undersalt!
- Slice the chicken on the bias to create flat, randomly shaped pieces. Throw into the bowl with the celery, onions and corn. Stir to combine. Pour half of the dressing over the ingredients and toss gently. Add more as desired, but don't overcoat the salad; it should be light! At the end, toss in the blueberries to lightly coat them in the dressing.
- Spoon the salad into butter lettuce cups and then sprinkle individual helpings with feta and extra dill.
CHICKEN SALAD SUMMER ROLLS
I love chicken salad sandwiches but every once in a while for a change of pace will do this gluten-free, low-carb summer roll version, which is as fun to make as it is to eat! A basic chicken salad made with leftover chicken is wrapped with crunchy, colorful vegetables inside a flexible rice wrapper and then served alongside a delicious herb aioli. So addicting! This is a great summertime culinary project for kids.
Provided by Chef John
Number Of Ingredients 20
- Mix chicken, red onion, celery, salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, smoked paprika, cumin, and mayonnaise until well blended. Cover and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled, at least 30 minutes.
- Dip a rice paper into cold water and let soak just until it starts to become flexible. Shake off most of the excess water and lay on a work surface. Place 2 slices of avocado in the center of the wrapper, about 1 inch in from the edge closest to you. Layer with bell pepper, cucumber, and carrot, spread about 1/4 cup chicken salad over top, and cover with lettuce.
- Grab the end of the wrapper closest to you and roll it up, gently stretching the flexible rice paper while tucking in the sides. Wet a second wrapper and wrap it around the first. Wrap the summer roll in barely damp paper towels and cover with plastic while you make the remaining 5 rolls.
- Mix mayonnaise, lemon juice, tarragon, basil, garlic, salt, and pepper together for dipping sauce.
- Serve summer rolls with dipping sauce on the side.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 648.2 calories, Carbohydrate 18.9 g, Cholesterol 73 mg, Fat 55 g, Fiber 10.3 g, Protein 24.7 g, SaturatedFat 8.5 g, Sodium 317.1 mg, Sugar 4.4 g
More about "summer chicken salad recipes"
25 GRILLED CHICKEN SALAD RECIPES FOR HOT SUMMER NIGHTS
Occupation AuthorEstimated Reading Time 2 minsAuthor Krista Marshall
19 GREAT SUMMER CHICKEN RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
25 BEST SUMMER CHICKEN RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
16 EASY CHICKEN SALAD RECIPE IDEAS TO MAKE ALL SUMMER …
15 EASY CHICKEN SALAD RECIPES - DELISH
13 EASY CHICKEN SALAD RECIPES - FOOD NETWORK
36 EASY SUMMER SALADS - BEST RECIPES FOR SUMMER SALAD
CHICKEN SALAD RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
23 EASY SUMMER SALAD RECIPES - TWO HEALTHY KITCHENS
SUMMER CHICKEN SALAD BOWL - LIVING THE GOURMET - RECIPES
SUMMER CHICKEN RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
SUMMER CHICKEN SALAD — A PLACE FOR EVERYONE
SUMMER CHICKEN SALAD - SMOKY TOMATO CHICKEN SALAD
SUMMER SALADS RECIPES | CHICKEN OF THE SEA
GRILLED CHICKEN AND VEGETABLE SUMMER SALAD RECIPE | MYRECIPES
40+ SUMMER SALAD RECIPES FOR DINNER | EATINGWELL
SUMMER CHICKEN SALAD - SPLENDA®
BEST 20 SUMMER CHICKEN SALAD - BEST RECIPES IDEAS AND COLLECTIONS
BEST CHICKEN RECIPES FOR SUMMER DINNERS | ALLRECIPES
SUMMER GODDESS CHICKEN SALAD RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
CELEBRATE SUMMER WITH STRAWBERRY-RHUBARB FRIED CHICKEN, BASIL …
BEST SUMMER CHICKEN SALAD RECIPES - FOOD NETWORK …
30 BEST SUMMER SALAD RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
EASY SUMMER CHICKEN SALAD RECIPE - COOKING WITH SUGAR
45 SUMMER SALAD RECIPES | SUMMER SALAD IDEAS - FOOD.COM
SUMMER CHICKEN SALAD - PEANUT BUTTER AND FITNESS
45 SUMMER CHICKEN RECIPES THE WHOLE CROWD WILL LOVE
DONAL SKEHAN’S FAVOURITE SUMMER SALADS — FENNEL WITH LEMON …
EASY SUMMER CHICKEN SALAD - THERESCIPES.INFO
21+ EASY SUMMER SALAD RECIPES (BEST 2022 SALADS) - SIP BITE GO
20+ EASY SUMMER CHICKEN DINNER RECIPES | EATINGWELL
SUMMER CHICKEN SALAD RECIPE - SARAH SCOOP
SUMMER SALADS | CHICKEN.CA
INSTANT POT SUMMER SOLSTICE SALAD - 365 DAYS OF SLOW COOKING AND ...
25 BEST SUMMER SALAD RECIPES - EASY IDEAS FOR SUMMER SALADS
SUMMER CHICKEN SALAD — NAOMI SHERMAN FOOD CREATIVE
EASY SUMMER SLOW COOKER RECIPE | THE BEST CHICKEN SALAD RECIPE
9 RECIPES TO HELP YOU CELEBRATE SUMMER | FOOD AND COOKING
SUMMER CHICKEN SALAD WITH HOT BACON DRESSING. - HALF BAKED …
CURRY CHICKEN SALAD RECIPE - EVOLVING TABLE
THE 5 BEST GRILLED CHICKEN SALAD RECIPES FOR THE SUMMER
APPETIZER | SUMMER CHICKEN SALAD
#15-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #main-dish #salads #fruit #poultry #american #canadian #easy #no-cook #potluck #summer #chicken #dietary #one-dish-meal #seasonal #tropical-fruit #pineapple #meat #to-go #technique
You'll also love