- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium-high heat; add almonds, sugar, and syrup. Cook and stir the almonds until the mixture turns caramel in color, about 6 minutes.
- Spread the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet in a thin layer. Cool until the mixture hardens and break into pieces to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 204.1 calories, Carbohydrate 13.3 g, Cholesterol 24.4 mg, Fat 16.4 g, Fiber 1.7 g, Protein 3.1 g, SaturatedFat 6.4 g, Sodium 65.9 mg, Sugar 10.9 g
SWEET ALMOND BRITTLE!
- Combine almonds, margarine, sugar, flour and milk in a skillet; let simmer for a few minutes.
- Pour mixture into 9 x 13 x 2-inch pan, lined with foil.
- Bake at 400°F until golden brown, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Let cool on foil. When cool, peel off foil.
- Break up brittle and serve as is, or crumble over ice cream and garnish with fruit.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 148, Fat 11.3, SaturatedFat 1.6, Cholesterol 0.4, Sodium 81.4, Carbohydrate 10.8, Fiber 1, Sugar 8.8, Protein 2.2
SWEET ALMOND CRACKERS
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Arrange the crackers in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet so that the baking sheet is completely covered with a solid layer of crackers. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter with the brown sugar and vanilla. Bring to a gentle boil over medium heat and boil until it starts to thicken, 1 to 2 minutes. Immediately pour the mixture over the crackers in an even layer. Use an offset spatula to spread the mixture all over the crackers. Bake for 5 minutes. Sprinkle the almonds all over, then let cool completely.
- When cool, break apart for a great snack.
SALTED ALMOND BRITTLE
- Lightly butter a lipped baking tray and spread the almonds over it in a thin, even layer. Put the sugar, butter, salt and 4 tbsp water into a smooth-bottomed frying pan and heat gently, stirring, until the sugar dissolves. Increase the heat and boil for about 5 mins, or until it starts to turn light golden brown. Stir every now and again as some patches will start to caramelise faster than others. Carefully tip the caramel over the nuts and leave to cool completely.
- Once cold, shatter the caramel. An easy way to get clean sharp pieces is to put the point of a sharp knife vertically onto the caramel and bash the handle with a rolling pin, like a hammer and chisel. Serve on top of the Chocolate amaretti puddings. Keep for up to 2 days in an airtight container, interleaved with non-stick paper, in a cool, dry place (not the fridge).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 178 calories, Fat 13 grams fat, SaturatedFat 4 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 14 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 14 grams sugar, Fiber 1 grams fiber, Protein 3 grams protein, Sodium 0.42 milligram of sodium
SPICED ALMOND BRITTLE
I like sending homemade goodies to family and friends. When I couldn't decide between brittle and spiced nuts, I combined the two into one treat. One batch fills up about six gift tins.-Leslie Dixon, Boise, Idaho
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 1-1/4 pounds.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Line a 15x10x1-in. pan with parchment. (Do not spray or grease.), In a large heavy saucepan, combine sugar, water, corn syrup and salt. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly to dissolve sugar. Using a pastry brush dipped in water, wash down the sides of the pan to eliminate sugar crystals. Cook, without stirring, over medium heat until a candy thermometer reads 260° (hard-ball stage). , Stir in almonds, butter and seasonings; cook until thermometer reads 300° (hard-crack stage), stirring frequently, about 8 minutes longer., Remove from heat; stir in baking soda. (Mixture will foam.) Immediately pour onto prepared pan, spreading as thin as possible. Cool completely., Break brittle into pieces. Store between layers of waxed paper in airtight containers.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 139 calories, Fat 7g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 3mg cholesterol, Sodium 109mg sodium, Carbohydrate 19g carbohydrate (17g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 2g protein.
HOT SWEET ALMOND BRITTLE
This is one of our standard holiday gift recipes. The addition of the salt, cumin and coriander really add an appealing complexity and the cayenne gives it a kick!
Provided by ktdid
Yield 1 3/4 lbs
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 375°F Place almonds in single layer in a 15 x 10 jelly roll pan. Bake 6-9 minutes, or until golden brown. (Watch carefully after 5 minutes, the nuts go from golden to scorched in no time). Remove from oven and place nuts on a plate to cool. Set aside.
- While the almonds cool, mix the salt, cumin coriander, cayenne and 1 T. sugar in a small bowl. In a heavy 3 quart saucepan, heat vinegar and 2 cups sugar to boiling over medium heat. Continue to cook over medium heat until the mixture is a light to medium amber color, stirring occasionally. This will probably take between 10 and 15 minutes, depending on your stove and how heavy the pan is. While the sugar is cooking, spray the jelly roll pan with nonstick cooking spray. Place the jelly roll pan on a trivet or cooling rack. Keep the cooking spray out and have two forks ready for spreading the hot candy in the pan.
- When the sugar mixture is the right color, remove from heat. Stir spice mixture into sugar. Add the almonds and stir to coat evenly. Work fast- this sets up quickly. Immediately pour the mixture onto the prepared pan. Spray the forks with cooking spray and use them to spread the almond mixture into roughly a single layer in the pan.
- Cool brittle completely on jelly roll pan on a wire rack. With hands, break brittle into small pieces. Store in tightly covered jar or tin for up to two weeks.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 2051.9, Fat 96.9, SaturatedFat 7.3, Sodium 2668.3, Carbohydrate 280.2, Fiber 24.6, Sugar 243.1, Protein 41.9
GRAHAM ALMOND BRITTLE
Quick and easy treat to enjoy anytime: chewy yet crunchy, sweet and salty goodness from heaven. Bet you can't eat just one! Once completely set you can also drizzle chocolate on top and let harden.
Provided by misskimberlee
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Layer bottom of the baking sheet with graham cracker crumbs.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add sugar; cook and stir until dissolved, about 2 minutes. Bring to a boil; cook until a thickened caramel is formed, about 1 minute more. Pour quickly onto the crackers; spread with a spatula. Sprinkle almonds on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until bubbling and golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Turn oven off; open door slightly and let the brittle cool in the oven for 1 hour. Sprinkle salt on top; cool until set, about 1 hour more. Crack into pieces by hand.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 177.9 calories, Carbohydrate 18.6 g, Cholesterol 20.3 mg, Fat 11.1 g, Fiber 0.7 g, Protein 1.8 g, SaturatedFat 5.2 g, Sodium 199.5 mg, Sugar 12.6 g
More about "sweet almond brittle recipes"
ALMOND BRITTLE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
4.5/5 (7)Total Time 45 minsServings 13Calories 142 per serving
EASY ALMOND BRITTLE (4 INGREDIENTS!) - MINIMALIST BAKER …
4.7/5 (13)Calories 168 per servingCategory Dessert
USE THAT BOTTLE OF ROSEWATER IN THESE SWEET RECIPES | SBS FOOD
ALMOND BRITTLE | DOMINO SUGAR
ALMOND AND HONEY BRITTLE - THE SPLENDID TABLE
SMOKED ALMOND BRITTLE RECIPE - DELISH
HOW TO MAKE ALMOND BRITTLE | ALMONDE AUSTRALIAN ALMONDS
13 EASY BRITTLE CANDY RECIPES TO MAKE AT HOME - INSANELY GOOD
ALMOND BRITTLE — LOW CARB LOVE™
ALMOND BRITTLE RECIPE: TIPS FOR MAKING ALMOND BRITTLE
ALMOND BRITTLE - GREEDY GOURMET
ALMOND BRITTLE - RECIPE GIRL
SPONSORED | NO-FAIL BRITTLE: HOW TO MAKE ALMOND BRITTLE WITH …
ALMOND BRITTLE - CALIFORNIA ALMONDS
TORRONE SICILIANO (SICILIAN ALMOND BRITTLE) RECIPE ON FOOD52
ALMOND BRITTLE - RECIPES | LECTIN FREE GOURMET
ALMOND BRITTLE RECIPE - TASTING TABLE
SPICY HONEY ALMOND BRITTLE | HEATHERLIKESFOOD.COM
BACON ALMOND BRITTLE - HOW SWEET EATS
ALMOND BRITTLE | SNACK RECIPES | GOODTO
ALMOND ANTIQUE BRITTLE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
30 BEST ALMOND DESSERTS - INSANELY GOOD RECIPES
ITALIAN CROCCANTE -CARAMELIZED ALMOND BRITTLE BARS RECIPE
SPICY HONEY ALMOND BRITTLE | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY RECIPE …
QUINOA ALMOND BRITTLE | TASTEMADE
SMOKED ALMOND BRITTLE RECIPE - WILLIAM WERNER | FOOD & WINE
ALMOND BRITTLE RECIPE - CIA COOK ITALIAN ABROAD
EASY ALMOND BRITTLE RECIPE | COOK WITH LEO
KETO ALMOND BRITTLE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
ALMOND BRITTLE - MY SIMPLE, NO FAIL RECIPE - STACY LYN HARRIS
HOT SWEET ALMOND BRITTLE RECIPE ~ 1000 RECIPES
ALMOND BRITTLE - MINDEE'S COOKING OBSESSION
ALMOND CAKE ALMOND BRITTLE CAKE - BITTY BAKES
CROCCANTE ~ ALMOND BRITTLE - THE BIG SWEET TOOTH
RECIPES | PENZEYS
ALMOND BRITTLE - COPYKAT RECIPES
ALMOND BRITTLE - NUTS FOR LIFE | AUSTRALIAN TREE NUTS FOR NUTRITION ...
EASY ALMOND BRITTLE (MICROWAVE QUICK RECIPE) - AMIRA'S PANTRY
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #desserts #fruit #american #holiday-event #vegetarian #candy #nuts #dietary #gifts #californian #taste-mood #sweet
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make almond brittle?Our almond brittle recipe is a creative new way to get your almond crunch. In a heavy-bottomed sauce pan, bring sugar and water to a simmer. Add corn syrup and bring to 290 F (do not stir). Add almonds and cook until 311 F is reached, stirring constantly. Add butter, salt and baking soda, stirring well.
How do you cook almonds on a baking sheet?Directions 1 Line a baking sheet with waxed paper. 2 Melt butter in a skillet over medium-high heat; add almonds, sugar, and syrup. Cook and stir the almonds until the mixture turns caramel in color, about 6 minutes. 3 Spread the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet in a thin layer. Cool until the mixture hardens and break into pieces to serve.
How to make almond butter cake?Preheat the oven to 320 F. Add the butter, sugar, and maple syrup to a saucepan and heat on a low-medium temperature, stirring occasionally until the butter melts. Remove the pan from the heat and add the vanilla extract and almonds. Stir well to combine. Pour the mixture onto your prepared baking sheet, spreading it out into an even layer.
How do you make brittle candy?The brittle candy is made up of sugar, corn syrup, water and salt. You’ll heat that mixture until the sugar dissolves, and then you’ll add the almonds and cook the mixture (monitoring it with a candy thermometer) until it reaches 300 degrees. Then you’ll pull it off the heat and stir in the butter and baking soda.