The key is chopping the veggies into small pieces. This is what gives the salad such a clean, fresh taste. The small pieces impart juices and flavor. No dressing required. This is good for lunch or as a side dish for dinner. It can be kept in the refrigerator for several days. NOTE: For a Fatoush-type of salad, toast or broil a slice of pita bread; break-up the crispy pieces into the salad.
Provided by Kathy228
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Chop the vegetables into small 1/4 inch pieces. Place in a big bowl.
- Stir in the nuts.
- Quarter the olives; add to the vegetables.
- Stir in the crumbled cheese.
- Chop lettuce into fine pieces; combine with vegetable mixture.
- Chill several hours before serving.
- This recipe is flexible. Add or delete vegetables and/or nuts to your liking. Diced zucchini, red peppers, fresh herbs, pumpkin seed kernels can all be used in any combination that appeals to your family.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 185.7, Fat 15.3, SaturatedFat 3.7, Cholesterol 16.7, Sodium 284.1, Carbohydrate 8.9, Fiber 2.6, Sugar 3.9, Protein 6.3
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the onions, water, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Let sit at room temperature for 5 minutes to allow the flavors to develop.
- Add 1/2 cup of the oil to the vinegar mixture. Add additional to taste.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the lettuce, roasted peppers, olives, haricots verts, cucumber, and herbs. Toss with enough dressing to coat, and season to taste with additional salt and pepper. Serve any remaining dressing on the side.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 2 servings
Number Of Ingredients 0
- Blend 1/3 cup feta, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 tablespoon each lemon juice, water and dill, 1 small grated garlic clove, and salt and pepper to taste in a mini food processor. Toss with 1 chopped romaine heart, 1 small chopped cucumber, 5 chopped radishes, 1 drained can chickpeas, 2 chopped celery stalks, and 1/3 cup each thawed frozen peas and toasted sliced almonds. Season with salt and pepper.
This salad is like one big antipasto. I love the combination of the garlicky, salty salami and spicy pepperoncini, cooled by the provolone cheese and paired with the crisp iceberg lettuce. I make the vinaigrette heavy on the vinegar--equal parts vinegar and oil--because the acidity helps balance the strong flavors of the salad.
Provided by Katie Lee Biegel
Yield 8 to 10 servings
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Mix all the salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Combine the vinaigrette ingredients in a small glass jar with a tight-fitting lid and shake well.
- Toss the salad with the vinaigrette and serve immediately.
More about "chopped salad recipes"
JOOLS' CHOPPED SALAD | VEGETABLES RECIPES | JAMIE OLIVER ...
Category Quick FixesCalories 158 per servingTotal Time 10 mins
- On a large board, trim and finely chop the carrots and celery, finely chop the tomatoes, then separate and finely chop the lettuce leaves.Once everything is fairly fine, start mixing it up and chopping some more.Crumble over the feta, if using, then pick and roll the mint leaves like a cigar and chop into the salad.Make a well in the middle, add the mustard, balsamic vinegar, oil and a pinch of sea salt and black pepper and mix together.
- Or, you could make the dressing by mixing all the ingredients in a jam jar, ready to dress the salad at the table.
CHOPPED SALAD RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
5/5 (1)Estimated Reading Time 2 minsServings 4
- Place a rack in the middle of oven and preheat to 350°. Cut squash into quarters and scoop out seeds. Place skin side down on a foil-lined rimmed baking sheet. Whisk lemon juice, honey, and 2 Tbsp. oil in a small bowl and rub all over cut sides of squash; season with salt and pepper. Roast until very tender, about 1½ hours. Let cool.
- Heat remaining 1 Tbsp. oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Arrange brussels sprouts cut side down in skillet and cook, undisturbed, until well browned, about 4 minutes. Toss and continue to cook, tossing occasionally and reducing heat as needed, until browned all over, about 5 minutes longer. Reduce heat to medium; add butter, thyme, rosemary, and garlic. Tip skillet toward you so butter pools on one side and cook, spooning butter over brussels sprouts, until butter smells nutty, about 4 minutes; season with salt. Add vinegar and toss to coat. Cook just until vinegar and butter form a glaze over sprouts. Let cool; discard herbs.
- Do Ahead: Squash and brussels sprouts can be cooked 3 days ahead. Cover and chill separately. Spoon pan juices for each on top.
- Combine vinegar, mustard, lemon juice, and a big pinch of salt in a medium bowl. Finely grate in garlic and whisk to combine. Let sit 15 minutes.
VEGETARIAN ITALIAN CHOPPED SALAD - COOKIE AND KATE
5/5 (85)Calories 535 per servingCategory Salad
- In a large serving bowl, combine the chopped lettuce, radicchio, onion, celery, cherry tomatoes, peppers, sun-dried tomatoes, chickpeas and cheese (if using). Toss the ingredients together and set aside.
- To prepare the dressing, combine all of the ingredients in a liquid measuring cup. Whisk until blended. Taste, and add more salt if the dressing doesn’t knock your socks off (I usually add one to two more pinches of salt).
- If you’ll be serving all of the salad at once, go ahead and drizzle enough dressing in to lightly coat the salad and toss to combine. I prefer to store the salad and dressing separately so I can enjoy salad for a few days. Just whisk the dressing again before drizzling (if the olive oil solidifies a bit in the refrigerator, don’t worry, that’s normal—just let it warm up for about 5 minutes at room temperature or microwave for 10 to 20 seconds).
MEDITERRANEAN CHOPPED SALAD - FEELGOODFOODIE
5/5 (56)Category SaladsCuisine MediterraneanTotal Time 15 mins
- In a large bowl, combine the lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, chickpeas, red onions kalamata olives and feta cheese.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the to make the dressing. Pour the dressing over the salad and gently toss to combine.
BEST CHOPPED SALAD - HOW TO MAKE CHOPPED SALAD
5/5 (2)Category Healthy, Vegan, Vegetarian, Side DishServings 6Total Time 20 mins
- Season with salt and pepper. Add romaine, cucumbers, fennel and fronds, onion, chickpeas, parsley, and basil and toss to combine.
CLASSIC CHOPPED SALAD | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
4/5 (111)Calories 175 per servingTotal Time 1 hr 45 mins
- For dressing, peel garlic, split lengthwise, and remove any green germ or interior sprout. Finely chop the garlic and mix with a generous sprinkling of kosher salt. Hold knife with blade facing away from you; repeatedly rub garlic and salt together with flat of the blade to work it into a fine paste. Transfer mashed garlic to a small bowl. Squeeze lemon over garlic, catching seeds with your fingers. Stir in an additional sprinkling of salt. Allow to stand 10 to 15 minutes so lemon can tame the garlic. Whisk in créme fraiche; season with salt and a few grinds of black pepper. To give flavors time to develop, refrigerate for 1 hour. The dressing keeps in the refrigerator up to 3 days.
- Cut lettuce into bite-size pieces. Cook corn and green beans in a pot of rapidly boiling, lightly salted water for 1 to 3 minutes.
- In a very large salad bowl combine corn, beans, cherry tomatoes, and cucumber. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and half the chives. Add two or three spoonfuls of dressing and toss gently.
- Add lettuce to bowl. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and most of the remaining chives. Add an additional drizzle of dressing. Gather vegetables from bottom of the bowl and lift up and over the lettuce. Repeat until ingredients are just mixed, adding additional dressing as necessary to coat. Just before serving, add the avocado and bacon. Top servings with additional chives.
10 BEST CHOPPED VEGETABLE SALAD RECIPES | YUMMLY
See details »
THE BEST ITALIAN CHOPPED SALAD YOU'VE EVER HAD - LAUGHING ...
4.5/5 (10)Total Time 10 minsCategory Dinner, Lunch, Side DishCalories 171 per serving
- *Tip: If you are transporting to a party, or serving later, avoid mixing the 'wet' ingredients (I.E. garbanzo beans & olives) to prevent sogginess.
- In a small bowl or mason jar, combine dressing ingredients. Shake well, and let sit for a few minutes to allow flavor to absorb.
FAVORITE CHOPPED SALAD (THE PERFECT SIDE DISH!) – A COUPLE ...
5/5 (1)Total Time 15 minsCategory SaladCalories 111 per serving
- Chop romaine and lettuce. Thinly slice the shallot. Peel and chop cucumber. Slice tomatoes and olives in half.
- Mix together all the ingredients for the salad, including the dressing, and toss to combine. If making in advance, refrigerate the components separately; bring the dressing to room temperature before serving.
ITALIAN CHOPPED SALAD - THE HARVEST KITCHEN
4.3/5 (141)Total Time 20 minsCategory SaladsCalories 673 per serving
- Slice the layers of onions lengthwise 1/16 inch thick. Place the onion slices in a small bowl of ice water and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the lettuce, radicchio, tomatoes,cucumber, garbanzo beans, cheese, ,peperoncini, and onion slices.
20 SIMPLE CHOPPED SALAD RECIPES TO MAKE FOR LUNCH THIS ...
Estimated Reading Time 7 mins
- New York Style: If you’re not too concerned with the health of your chopped salad, try this New York-sized salad, inspired by those ubiquitous “make your own” salad bars.
- Summery Strawberries and Bacon: Whip up this sweet salad that’s perfect for a warmer day. A tart strawberry dressing gets tossed with fruit and bacon.
- Detox Salad: Chopped salads are more than just a way to get your veggies. They’re a tasty trick for mixing in grains, fruits, nuts and all that other healthy goodness you should probably be eating more of.
- BLT Chopped Salad With Corn, Feta and Avocado: Get in one last taste of summer with tons of crumbly bacon, corn and creamy feta. A lemony dressing on top is all you need for a light and fresh lunch.
- A Cold Winter Side: You may have hated Brussels sprouts as a kid, but this salad will change that. And you don’t have to cook anything to make this recipe, so you can avoid stinking up the kitchen.
- A Trip to the Mediterranean: This take on a classic Greek salad has all the good stuff: tomatoes, basil, feta and onion. Honestly, the only thing that could make this salad better would be eating it by the sea, preferably on a terrace in Santorini.
- Classic With a Creamy Vinaigrette: The secret to this salad is in the dressing. A creamy dose of protein comes from chickpeas, blended with oil and vinegar until smooth enough to pour.
- Fall Favorite: This pick is an easy way to detox your body from all those summer days filled with too much ice cream, lobster rolls and grilled corn.
- Mean Greens: Kale, basil, avocado and sprouts make these vibrant greens practically burst at the seams with vitamins and antioxidants. A toss of pistachios and quinoa ups the healthy fat and protein content to keep you full all day.
- Panzanella: We might be cheating a little with this classic Italian salad of bread, mozzarella, basil, tomatoes and olive oil. It’s technically not a “chopped” salad because you only have to cut up the tomatoes.
ITALIAN CHOPPED SALAD RECIPE - LOVE AND LEMONS
4.9/5 (12)Servings 6Cuisine American, ItalianCategory Salad
- Make the dressing. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, shallot, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper, and set aside.
- Cut the iceberg lettuce in half through the core, then cut out the core. Slice the lettuce lengthwise into 1/4-inch strips. Repeat with the radicchio.
- In a large bowl, combine the lettuce, radicchio, tomatoes, chickpeas, mozzarella, provolone, and pepperoncini. Drizzle with the dressing and toss gently to coat. Season with salt and pepper and toss again. Sprinkle with extra oregano, and serve.
QUICK BASIC CHOPPED SALAD - EASY SALAD RECIPE WITH LOTS OF ...
5/5 (1)Total Time 20 minsCategory SaladCalories 359 per serving
- Add all ingredients into a large bowl. Then use the chopper and run it through all ingredients until chopped to desired consistency. See notes below.
- Alternatively, you can chop everything finely on a cutting board then place in to a large bowl to dress. Or you can make this not a chopped salad but just a regular salad with toppings.
CHOPPED SALAD WITH CHICKEN - DINNER AT THE ZOO
5/5 (11)Total Time 21 minsCategory SaladCalories 303 per serving
- Place the lettuce, chicken, mozzarella, tomato, cucumber, chickpeas, bacon, avocado and chives in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, Dijon mustard, red wine vinegar, granulated sugar, shallot, oregano, parsley and olive oil.
EASY CHOPPED SALAD (10 MINS. PREP!) - I HEART NAPTIME
5/5 (8)Total Time 10 minsCategory SaladCalories 111 per serving
- Chop the greens extra fine and place in a large bowl. Next add the sliced tomatoes, chopped cucumbers, sunflower seeds and cheese. Add additional mix-ins if desired.
16 FAST AND FRESH CHOPPED SALADS | BETTER HOMES & …
Estimated Reading Time 6 mins See details »
HOW TO MAKE A BETTER CHOPPED SALAD THAN YOU CAN BUY ...
Author Julie R. ThomsonEstimated Reading Time 40 secs See details »
15+ BEST CHOPPED SALAD RECIPES | EATINGWELL
Author Eatingwell See details »
DADS GREEK SALAD RECIPE : WATCH RECIPE INSTRUCTIONS ...
See details »
HEALTHY CHOPPED SALAD RECIPES | EATINGWELL
See details »
CHOPPED SALAD RECIPES | TASTE OF HOME
See details »
110 BEST CHOPPED SALAD RECIPES IDEAS | SALAD RECIPES ...
See details »
ASIAN CHOPPED SALAD RECIPE | KATHY'S VEGAN KITCHEN
See details »
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #salads #vegetables #dietary #low-calorie #low-carb #low-in-something
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What foods are in a chopped salad recipe?This chopped salad recipe is full of great flavors, colors and textures, featuring celery, carrots, red pepper, apple, cucumber, greens, cabbage, goat cheese and almonds. This is great for any holiday meal: you can let it stand and it stays crisp.
Which is the best salad recipe to make?Recipes like Shrimp Cobb Salad with Dijon Dressing and Creamy Cucumber, Radish & Tomato Chopped Salad are fresh, tasty and perfect for a main or side dish. This fresh and colorful salad has all of the delicious flavors you love from the classic caprese salad, plus even more healthy veggies.
How to make a salad with chopped greens?Follow the simple steps below to get started and scroll down for the printable chopped salad recipe. Chop greens and add toppings. Chop the greens extra fine and place in a large bowl. Add in sliced tomatoes, cucumbers, sunflower seeds and cheese. Then throw in any additional desired mix-ins.
How long does it take to make fresh chopped salad?After drizzling on the dressing, use tongs to toss the salad until all areas are coated. It may take a few tosses before everything is properly mixed together. This fresh chopped salad is made with 5 key ingredients in less than 10 minutes! Customize with all your favorite mix-in's and dig in!