Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 2 servings
Number Of Ingredients 0
- Blend 1/3 cup feta, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 tablespoon each lemon juice, water and dill, 1 small grated garlic clove, and salt and pepper to taste in a mini food processor. Toss with 1 chopped romaine heart, 1 small chopped cucumber, 5 chopped radishes, 1 drained can chickpeas, 2 chopped celery stalks, and 1/3 cup each thawed frozen peas and toasted sliced almonds. Season with salt and pepper.
BEVERLY HILLS CHOPPED SALAD
- Add the tomatoes, iceberg, romaine, chickpeas, salami and mozzarella to a large salad bowl.
- Add the olive oil, Parmesan, vinegar, mustard, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper to a measuring cup or mason jar. Whisk to combine.
- Add the dressing to the salad and toss to combine. Serve immediately.
CHOPPED SALAD WITH BUTTERMILK DRESSING
Creamy dressing and fresh garden veggies add up to more than the sum of their parts in this crunchy, craveable salad. This Allrecipes Magazine recipe is based on Whole Plant Chopped Salad. Cover dressing and refrigerate for up to 1 week.
Provided by Allrecipes Magazine
Number Of Ingredients 21
- Whisk buttermilk, sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice, celery, parsley, dill, Dijon mustard, onion powder, salt, and pepper together in a small bowl until well blended.
- Toss romaine, cucumber, bell pepper, cauliflower, carrot, celery, green onions, sunflower seeds, and parsley together in a large bowl. Serve with dressing. Season with additional salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 126.7 calories, Carbohydrate 11.5 g, Cholesterol 4.1 mg, Fat 8.3 g, Fiber 4.3 g, Protein 3.9 g, SaturatedFat 1.5 g, Sodium 231.2 mg, Sugar 4.9 g
The key is chopping the veggies into small pieces. This is what gives the salad such a clean, fresh taste. The small pieces impart juices and flavor. No dressing required. This is good for lunch or as a side dish for dinner. It can be kept in the refrigerator for several days. NOTE: For a Fatoush-type of salad, toast or broil a slice of pita bread; break-up the crispy pieces into the salad.
Provided by Kathy228
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Chop the vegetables into small 1/4 inch pieces. Place in a big bowl.
- Stir in the nuts.
- Quarter the olives; add to the vegetables.
- Stir in the crumbled cheese.
- Chop lettuce into fine pieces; combine with vegetable mixture.
- Chill several hours before serving.
- This recipe is flexible. Add or delete vegetables and/or nuts to your liking. Diced zucchini, red peppers, fresh herbs, pumpkin seed kernels can all be used in any combination that appeals to your family.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 185.7, Fat 15.3, SaturatedFat 3.7, Cholesterol 16.7, Sodium 284.1, Carbohydrate 8.9, Fiber 2.6, Sugar 3.9, Protein 6.3
CRUNCHY CHOPPED SALAD
Encourage kids to learn essential kitchen skills with this crunchy salad made with pomegranate seeds. The recipe is easy for children aged seven to 11 to follow
Provided by Cassie Best
Categories Side dish
Yield Serves 4-6 (with leftover dressing)
Number Of Ingredients 20
- Before you get started take a look at our chopping and knife skills guide. If your chopping board doesn't have anti-slip grips, lay a dampened tea towel or sheet of kitchen paper on the work surface, then place the board on top to stop it from slipping.
- Holding the lemon with your hand in the bridge position, cut the lemon in half. Push one half onto a citrus juicer, twist and squeeze to release the juice. Repeat with the second lemon half. Pour the juice into a jam jar or small bowl along with the oil.
- Add the mustard, honey and a good pinch each of salt and black pepper. Seal the jar and shake to combine, or whisk the ingredients together. Will keep covered in the fridge for up to a week.
- Cut the tomatoes in half by pinching each one between your thumb and a finger and carefully slicing through the middle with a small serrated knife. Cut each piece in half again to make quarters, then tip the tomatoes into a large bowl.
- Wipe down the chopping board, then cut the cucumber in half lengthways. Put the two halves cut-side down on the board so they don't roll around, then cut in half again along the length, so you have four chunky sticks of cucumber. Cut across the cucumber now to make little triangles, keeping your free hand in the claw position with your fingers tucked away from the blade of the knife. Tip the cucumber into the bowl with the tomatoes.
- Cut the hard stalk off the lettuces, then cut each lettuce in half and in half again to get four wedges. Working with one lettuce wedge at a time, hold the wedge with your hand in the claw position and chop it into small ribbons - the smaller, the better for this salad. Repeat with the remaining wedges and tip the lettuce into the bowl.
- Snip the cress straight into the bowl using kitchen scissors. Weigh out the pomegranate seeds using the scales and add these to the bowl. Repeat with the mixed seeds. Drizzle over roughly half of the dressing over the salad (you will have some leftover) and toss everything together to coat.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 133 calories, Fat 10 grams fat, SaturatedFat 1 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 6 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 6 grams sugar, Fiber 3 grams fiber, Protein 3 grams protein, Sodium 0.1 milligram of sodium
This can take a while - or not. I work progressively: shred the cabbage, then salt it. Cut the carrots, then salt them, letting them sit while you're slicing the onion. Add the onion to the carrots, and so on. The salting intensifies flavor, slightly pickling the vegetables.
Provided by Mark Bittman
Categories salads and dressings
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a colander or strainer, salt the cabbage with at least a tablespoonful and toss. In another colander, combine the carrots, onion, cucumbers and turnip, kohlrabi or beet (the beet will bleed, so you may want to do that separately), and salt with at least a tablespoonful and toss.
- As the cabbage wilts, squeeze out a little excess liquid. Toss the other vegetables from time to time. They can stay in the salt for up to an hour or as little as 15 minutes, during which time you can prepare the other vegetables.
- Rinse the salted vegetables lightly and spin in a salad spinner for a few seconds to remove excess liquid. Toss with the unsalted vegetables and dress with the olive oil, lemon juice and salt and pepper. Taste, adjust seasoning and serve. The salad will keep for a couple of days.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 138, UnsaturatedFat 8 grams, Carbohydrate 13 grams, Fat 9 grams, Fiber 5 grams, Protein 2 grams, SaturatedFat 1 gram, Sodium 518 milligrams, Sugar 7 grams
SUPER ITALIAN CHOPPED SALAD
Antipasto ingredients are sliced and diced to make this substantial chop salad. I like to buy sliced meat from the deli and chop it all up so you can get a bit of everything in each bite. -Kim Molina, Duarte, California
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 17
- In a large bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients. For dressing, in a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese. Top with pepperoncini, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 185 calories, Fat 13g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 12mg cholesterol, Sodium 444mg sodium, Carbohydrate 11g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 7g protein.
More about "chopped salad recipes"
15+ EASY CHOPPED SALAD RECIPES | EATINGWELL
Author Alex Loh
16 FAST AND FRESH CHOPPED SALADS | BETTER HOMES
Estimated Reading Time 6 mins
15+ BEST CHOPPED SALAD RECIPES | EATINGWELL
Author Alex Loh
50+ BEST SALAD RECIPES - 101 COOKBOOKS
CHOPPED SALAD RECIPE - COOKING MADE HEALTHY
ASIAN CHOPPED SALAD RECIPE - NATASHASKITCHEN.COM
CPK CHOPPED SALAD - THERESCIPES.INFO
CHOPPED KALE SALAD RECIPE – VEGAN CHOPPED KALE SALAD — …
THE 14 BEST CHOPPED SALAD RECIPES FOR ANY TIME OF DAY
CHOPPED SALAD RECIPES | TASTE OF HOME
ASIAN CHOPPED SALAD RECIPE | KATHY'S VEGAN KITCHEN
10 BEST CHOPPED VEGETABLE SALAD RECIPES | YUMMLY
CHOPPED SALAD RECIPE - THE BEST! - PIP AND EBBY
50 BEST SALAD RECIPES – A COUPLE COOKS
MEDITERRANEAN CHOPPED SALAD - RECIPE RUNNER
20 SIMPLE CHOPPED SALAD RECIPES TO MAKE FOR LUNCH THIS WEEK
EASY CHOPPED SALAD - HEALTHYISH FOODS
FAVORITE CHOPPED SALAD (THE PERFECT SIDE DISH!) – A COUPLE COOKS
15 CRUNCHY CABBAGE SALADS ARE THE SEASON'S BEST SIDES
HOW TO MAKE RUTH’S CHRIS STEAKHOUSE GREAT CHOPPED SALAD …
HOW TO MAKE A BETTER CHOPPED SALAD THAN YOU CAN BUY
HOW TO MAKE AMAZING CHOPPED SALAD AT HOME | EPICURIOUS
JOOLS' CHOPPED SALAD | VEGETABLES RECIPES | JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES
CHOPPED VEGETABLE SALAD - FLAVOR MOSAIC
VEGETARIAN ITALIAN CHOPPED SALAD - COOKIE AND KATE
CHOPPED SALAD RECIPE - BBC FOOD
SIMPLE CHOPPED SALAD | VEGETABLES RECIPES | JAMIE OLIVE RECIPES
CHOPPED SALAD WITH CHICKEN - DINNER AT THE ZOO
BEST ITALIAN CHOPPED SALAD RECIPE | THE RECIPE CRITIC
CHOPPED SALAD RECIPE | HOW TO MAKE A CHOPPED SALAD …
MY EVERYDAY CHOPPED SALAD RECIPE | LEXI'S CLEAN KITCHEN
LA SCALA CHOPPED SALAD - GABRIELLA QUILLE
THE BEST CHOPPED CHICKEN SALAD - AVERIE COOKS
QUICK BASIC CHOPPED SALAD - EASY SALAD RECIPE WITH LOTS OF FLAVOR
14 HOMEMADE CHOPPED SALAD RECIPES - PUREWOW
CHOPPED SALAD RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
CHOPPED WEDGE SALAD | 12 TOMATOES
COPYCAT PORTILLO'S CHOPPED SALAD RECIPE - THE GIRL WHO ATE …
MARINATED CHOPPED SALAD - SPEND WITH PENNIES
ITALIAN CHOPPED SALAD WITH PARMESAN VINAIGRETTE - MILLENNIAL KITCHEN
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #salads #vegetables #dietary #low-calorie #low-carb #low-in-something
You'll also love