GOAT CHEESE TART
Provided by Ina Garten
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- For the crust, put the flour and 1/4 teaspoon salt in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the steel blade. Cut 12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) of the butter into large dice, add to the bowl, and pulse until the butter is the size of peas. With the machine running, add the ice water all at once and process until the dough becomes crumbly. Don't overprocess. Dump the dough out on a floured board, gather it loosely into a ball, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Roll the dough on a well-floured board and fit it into a 9-inch tart pan with a removable sides, rolling the pin over the top to cut off the excess dough. Butter 1 side of a square of aluminum foil and fit it, butter side down, into the tart pan. Fill the foil with rice or beans. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove the beans and foil from the tart shell, prick the bottom all over with a fork, and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining tablespoon of butter in a small pan and saute the shallots over low heat for 5 minutes, or until tender. Place the goat cheese in the bowl of the food processor and process until crumbly. Add the cream, eggs, basil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and the pepper and process until blended.
- Scatter the cooked shallots over the bottom of the tart shell. Pour the goat cheese mixture over the shallots to fill the shell (if the shell has shrunk, there may be leftover filling). Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, until the tart is firm when shaken and the top is lightly browned. Allow to cool for 10 minutes and serve hot or at room temperature.
ASPARAGUS, GOAT CHEESE AND TARRAGON TART
Because you don't have to make your own crust, this gorgeous asparagus-striped tart is so easy it almost feels like cheating. But it's not. It's just simple yet stunning, effortlessly chic and company-ready. As there are so few ingredients in this recipe that each one makes an impact, be sure to buy a good all-butter brand of puff pastry. If you can manage to serve this tart warm, within an hour of baking, it will be at its absolute best, with crisp pastry that shatters into buttery bits when you bite down and still-runny cheese. But it's also excellent a few hours later, should you want to get all your baking done before your guests arrive. If tarragon isn't your favorite herb, you can use chives, basil or mint instead. And if you can manage to trim all the asparagus to the same length, this tart will be especially neat and orderly looking.
Provided by Melissa Clark
Categories weekday, pies and tarts, appetizer
Yield 6 to 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. In a medium bowl, use a fork or a wooden spoon to mash together the goat cheese, egg, garlic, tarragon, lemon zest, salt and nutmeg until smooth. Switch to a whisk and beat in the crème fraîche until smooth.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out puff pastry into a 13-by-11-inch rectangle about 1/8-inch thick. Transfer the dough to a parchment-lined cookie sheet. With a sharp knife, lightly score a 1/2-inch border around the edges of the puff pastry.
- Spread the crème fraîche mixture evenly inside the scored border. Line up the asparagus spears on top, and brush them with olive oil. Sprinkle some salt and the grated Parmesan over the asparagus.
- Bake until the pastry is puffed and golden, 25 to 30 minutes. Let it cool on the cookie sheet for at least 15 minutes or up to 4 hours before serving. Then sprinkle black pepper, red-pepper flakes (if using), the shaved Parmesan and tarragon leaves. Drizzle a little oil on top.
ASPARAGUS AND CHEESE TART
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Fill a large bowl with ice water. Bring about 1 inch of water to a boil in a large skillet. Add the asparagus; cook until bright green and crisp-tender, 2 to 5 minutes, depending on the thickness of the asparagus. Drain and transfer to the ice water to stop the cooking; drain and pat dry. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Roll out the puff pastry into a 10-by-16-inch rectangle on a floured surface. Transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet and prick all over with a fork. Bake until light golden brown, about 12 minutes. Let cool slightly on the baking sheet.
- Meanwhile, mix the fontina, comte, shallot, egg yolks, milk, nutmeg and a pinch each of salt and pepper in a bowl until combined. Spread the cheese mixture evenly over the puff pastry, leaving a 1-inch border on all sides. Toss the asparagus with the olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste. Arrange the asparagus on the tart and bake until the cheese mixture is slightly puffy, 15 to 20 minutes. Sprinkle with the lemon zest. Serve warm or at room temperature.
SHAVED ASPARAGUS AND GOAT CHEESE TARTS
This tart is a reminder of all things spring: fresh asparagus, mint leaves, lemon and peas. All of these perennial favorites come together in a delicious starter that's perfect for the time when asparagus is at its best.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Heat oven to 400°F. Line large cookie sheet with cooking parchment paper.
- Carefully unfold thawed sheet of puff pastry. If necessary, use rolling pin to flatten any edges and smooth out dough. Using knife or pizza cutter, cut puff pastry into 6 even rectangles. Prick pastry rectangles with fork. Place rectangles on cookie sheet a few inches apart. Brush with beaten egg.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Place cookie sheet on cooling rack to cool at least 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, mix cheese, cream and lemon peel; stir well. In medium bowl, mix shaved asparagus, peas, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and mint. Spread 1 tablespoon cheese mixture on center of each cooled pastry rectangle. Top with asparagus mixture; sprinkle with pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 320, Carbohydrate 23 g, Cholesterol 40 mg, Fat 4, Fiber 2 g, Protein 7 g, SaturatedFat 6 g, ServingSize 1 Tart, Sodium 260 mg, Sugar 2 g, TransFat 4 g
ASPARAGUS WITH GOAT CHEESE DRESSING
Provided by Florence Fabricant
Categories easy, quick, weekday, appetizer, side dish
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Arrange the asparagus on a platter.
- Beat the vinegar and mustard together, then beat in the olive oil. Sprinkle the goat cheese over the asparagus, drizzle with the dressing, then season with pepper.
- Sprinkle with chervil and serve.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 201, UnsaturatedFat 13 grams, Carbohydrate 5 grams, Fat 18 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 7 grams, SaturatedFat 5 grams, Sodium 114 milligrams, Sugar 2 grams, TransFat 0 grams
I grow purple asparagus, so I'm always looking for new ways to prepare it. Recently, my husband and I discovered how wonderful any color of asparagus tastes when it's grilled. -Sue Gronholz, Beaver Dam, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- On a large plate, toss asparagus with oil, salt and pepper. Grill, covered, over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until crisp-tender, turning occasionally and basting frequently with honey during the last 3 minutes. Sprinkle with tarragon.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 76 calories, Fat 4g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 302mg sodium, Carbohydrate 11g carbohydrate (10g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
ASPARAGUS GOAT CHEESE TART WITH TARRAGON
Categories Blender Egg Bake Vegetarian Goat Cheese Asparagus Spring Shower Tarragon Gourmet
Yield Serves 4-6 as a Luncheon or Supper Entrèe;8 as a First Course
Number Of Ingredients 9
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out pastry into a 16-inch square and fit into an 11-inch tart pan with a removable fluted rim. Roll a rolling pin over top of tart to trim pastry flush with top of rim. Chill pastry shell while making filling.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. with a baking sheet on lowest rack.
- In a small skillet, cook scallions in butter with salt to taste over moderate heat, stirring, until softened, about 1 minute, and cool.
- In a steamer set over boiling water, arrange asparagus slices and top with reserved tips. Steam asparagus, covered, until crisp-tender, about 2 to 3 minutes, and drain well, reserving tips separately.
- In a blender, blend eggs, goat cheese, milk, and salt with pepper to taste. Add tarragon and pulse custard to combine.
- Spread scallions and asparagus slices in pastry shell and arrange reserved tips decoratively on top. Pour custard slowly over vegetables.
- Bake tart in pan on heated baking sheet in oven 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 375°F. and bake tart until set, about 8 minutes. Transfer tart in pan to a rack.
- Remove rim of pan and serve tart warm or at room temperature.
ROASTED ASPARAGUS WITH HERB GOAT CHEESE
Roasting veggies always needs revamping every now and then, and I like to experiment by pairing them with different dressings or cheeses. I happened to love goat cheese and had extra on hand. I paired it with asparagus, and they lived happily ever after.
Provided by Raquel Teixeira
Categories Side Dish Vegetables Asparagus Baked
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Arrange asparagus, side-by-side, on a baking sheet. Drizzle olive oil over asparagus; season with salt and pepper. Crumble goat cheese over asparagus.
- Roast in the preheated oven until cheese is slightly melted and asparagus are tender yet firm to the bite, about 10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 104.1 calories, Carbohydrate 4.8 g, Cholesterol 11.2 mg, Fat 7.7 g, Fiber 2.3 g, Protein 5.6 g, SaturatedFat 3.4 g, Sodium 75.3 mg, Sugar 2.4 g
ROASTED TARRAGON ASPARAGUS
The simple seasoning turns fresh asparagus spears into a special spring side dish that's speedy, too.-Joyce Speckman, Holt, California
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Place asparagus in a shallow baking dish coated with cooking spray. Drizzle with oil; sprinkle with pepper and salt. Toss to coat. Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 13-15 minutes or until crisp-tender, turning occasionally. Sprinkle with tarragon.
Nutrition Facts :
ASPARAGUS, GOAT CHEESE AND WALNUT TART
Early spring is when the asparagus start peeking their heads up out of the ground screaming "eat me, eat me". I usually break off the tops and devour them right in the garden- when they are freshly grown they taste wonderful that way (not like the ones in the market that have been around awhile). This savory tart is perfect for friends stopping by for tea, or for taking to a potluck.
Provided by That Napa Chicken R
Categories Savory Pies
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Roll pie dough to fit a 9-inch loose-bottomed quiche pan. Line pan with pastry; prick base with fork and chill for 30 minutes.
- Fit a piece of foil into the the pie pan and fill with dried beans or rice. Blind bake for 15 minutes. Remove foil and beans and bake for 15 minutes longer, or until crust is a light golden brown.
- Place asparagus on a plate; sprinkle with water. Cover loosely with microwavable plastic wrap. Cook on HIGH power for 3 minutes. Let cool slightly. Cut into 1-inch pieces. Set aside.
- In a medium skillet and saute the onion until soft. Pour the onions, walnuts and asparagus into the prepared pie crust.
- Place cheese, eggs, milk, vinegar, salt pepperinto your blender. Process until smooth. Pour this mixture over the asparagus in the pie pan.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until cheese filling is just set (Don't overbake, you want the filling to be moist and tender).
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 102.2, Fat 7.5, SaturatedFat 1.4, Cholesterol 63.4, Sodium 231.3, Carbohydrate 5.4, Fiber 1.8, Sugar 1.7, Protein 4.7
More about "asparagus goat cheese tart with tarragon recipes"
ASPARAGUS, GOAT CHEESE, AND TARRAGON TART - CTV
- In a medium bowl, use a wooden spoon or a fork to mash together the goat cheese, egg, garlic, tarragon, lemon zest, salt, and nutmeg until smooth. Switch to a whisk and beat in the crème fraiche until smooth.
- On lightly floured surface, roll the puff pastry out to form a 13 x 11 inch rectangle about 1/8 inch thick. Transfer the dough to a parchment –lined cookie sheet.
- Spread the crème fraiche mixture evenly inside the scored border. Line up the asparagus spears on top, and brush them with olive oil. Sprinkle some salt and the grated Parmesan over the asparagus.
- Bake until the pastry is puffed and golden, 25 to 30 minutes. Let it cool on the cookie sheet for at least 15 minutes before serving (or for up to four hours).
ASPARAGUS AND EGG TART WITH GOAT CHEESE - JUST A TASTE
VALERIE BERTINELLI'S ASPARAGUS, HERB AND GOAT CHEESE TART
ASPARAGUS AND GOAT CHEESE BREAKFAST TART -SUNSET …
EASY ASPARAGUS TART WITH GOAT CHEESE RECIPE - SIMPLY …
ASPARAGUS, GOAT CHEESE & BACON TART - RECIPE
ASPARAGUS AND GOAT CHEESE TART - KROGER
16 ASPARAGUS RECIPES THAT POSITIVELY SCREAM SPRING
ASPARAGUS GOAT CHEESE TART - HOME. MADE. INTEREST.
ASPARAGUS AND GOATS’ CURD TART RECIPE - BBC FOOD
10 BEST PUFF PASTRY GOATS CHEESE TART RECIPES | YUMMLY
GOAT CHEESE, BACON, ASPARAGUS TART WITH PARMESAN AND LEMON ZEST
ASPARAGUS GOAT CHEESE AND CHERRY TOMATO BREAKFAST TART
ASPARAGUS AND GOAT CHEESE TART RECIPE - PEGGY SMITH - FOOD
ASPARAGUS-GOAT CHEESE TART | WILLIAMS SONOMA
BEST TOMATO, ASPARAGUS AND GOAT CHEESE TART RECIPES - FOOD …
RECIPE - ASPARAGUS AND TARRAGON-GOAT CHEESE TART
ASPARAGUS & GOAT'S CHEESE TART RECIPE | WAITROSE & PARTNERS
ASPARAGUS, GOAT CHEESE, AND TARRAGON TART RECIPE - EAT YOUR BOOKS
ASPARAGUS AND GOAT'S CHEESE TART - DELICIOUS. MAGAZINE
GRIDDLED ASPARAGUS AND GOATS' CHEESE TART RECIPE - BBC FOOD
TRY THIS ASPARAGUS, GOAT CHEESE AND TARRAGON TART RECIPE | THE …
ASPARAGUS AND TARRAGON-GOAT CHEESE TART - LCBO
EASY ASPARAGUS GOAT CHEESE TART | 12 TOMATOES
ASPARAGUS, GOAT CHEESE AND TARRAGON TART RECIPE - NYT COOKING
ASPARAGUS AND GOAT’S CURD TART RECIPE - THE TELEGRAPH
RECIPES/ASPARAGUS-GOAT-CHEESE-TART-WITH-TARRAGON-10236.JSON AT …
FEELING FANCY? THEN MAKE THIS ASPARAGUS AND GOAT CHEESE TART - IOL
ASPARAGUS, GOAT CHEESE AND TARRAGON TART RECIPE - EAT YOUR BOOKS
ASPARAGUS–GOAT CHEESE TART | AMERICA'S TEST KITCHEN RECIPE
ASPARAGUS GOAT CHEESE TART RECIPE - TASTINGTABLE.COM
GOAT'S CHEESE, ASPARAGUS AND TARRAGON TART RECIPE - TELEGRAPH
ASPARAGUS BACON AND GOAT CHEESE TART - A BEAUTIFUL MESS
ASPARAGUS TART WITH GOAT CHEESE - YUMMY ADDICTION
ROASTED ASPARAGUS WITH BALSAMIC AND GOAT CHEESE - VALERIE'S …
ASPARAGUS GOAT CHEESE TART - FRAMED COOKS
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love