SWEET AND SPICY GRILLED FLANK STEAK
There are some steaks that need nothing more than a little salt and pepper to bring out their beefy goodness. Flank steak is not one of them. This bold marinade is just the sort of seasoning the brawny cut begs for: lime juice and zest add brightness, brown sugar sweetness, and jalapeño and sriracha a complex heat. Just whiz it all together in a food processor and slather it on the meat. Marinate overnight (or 20 minutes if that's all the time you have) before tossing it on the grill. Lastly, always make more flank steak that you think you want. Leftovers are the best part.
Provided by Melissa Clark
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a food processor, pulse together scallion, ginger, jalapeño, garlic, sugar, lime zest and juice, and sriracha. With the motor running, pour in oil until smooth.
- Season steak with salt. Place in a large bowl and pour marinade over meat. Turn to coat well with the mixture. Cover tightly and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- When you are ready to cook the steak, heat the grill to medium-high heat, or heat the broiler with the rack set 4 inches from the heat source. Transfer meat to the grill and cook, covered, until it reaches the desired doneness (about 5 minutes per side for medium-rare), or broil until charred and done to taste, 4 to 6 minutes per side. Let rest on a cutting board for 5 minutes, then slice thinly.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 239, UnsaturatedFat 8 grams, Carbohydrate 3 grams, Fat 14 grams, Fiber 0 grams, Protein 24 grams, SaturatedFat 5 grams, Sodium 314 milligrams, Sugar 2 grams
FLANK STEAK A LA WILLYBOY
You HAVE to let this steak sit overnight. Don't bother making it if you can't put in the time, because the payoff is worth it. This staple in our household is a favorite of all who try it! You can BBQ in summer or broil in the winter for a perfect, filling meal. I like corn on the cob and some sort of rice to complement this mouth watering steak.
Provided by Willyboyz in the kitchen again
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a medium bowl, mix together the honey, soy sauce, and red wine. Stir in garlic, rosemary, chili powder, and pepper. Let stand for 15 minutes to blend the flavors.
- Place the marinade and the steak into a large resealable plastic bag. Press out most of the air, seal, and lay flat in the refrigerator. Refrigerate for 24 hours, turning once halfway through.
- Preheat grill for high heat.
- Brush grill grate with oil. Discard marinade, and grill the flank steak for 7 minutes per side, or to desired doneness. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing very thinly against the grain.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 231.3 calories, Carbohydrate 20.1 g, Cholesterol 35.6 mg, Fat 8.2 g, Fiber 0.4 g, Protein 14.6 g, SaturatedFat 3.5 g, Sodium 941.5 mg, Sugar 17.9 g
SWEET AND TANGY FLANK STEAK (OAMC OR MAKE AHEAD)
This recipe is from Super Suppers, the franchise that allows families to prepare meals ahead of time in their central kitchen. They do the prep, you do the assembly for quick dinners from the freezer. I love flank steak and this sweet/spicy combination appealed to me. The addition of pepper is mine and the way I like this dish.
Provided by justcallmetoni
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Mix together all ingredients except steak together in a bowl. Fold steak into thirds, placing outer edges towards the center. Place steak into a resealable freezer bag. Add marinade and squish around so that all of the steak surface is covered. Place into a second bag, seal and label.
- Freeze steak for up to 2 month. To prepare, remove 2 days ahead and defrost in the fridge.
- To prepare, pre-heat grill or broiler. Remove steak from bag and pour sauce into a small sauce pan. Bring sauce to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Grill or broil steak for 5 minutes per side or until steak reaches 135 degrees. Remove steak from heat and allow to rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- To serve, thinly slice steak across the grain and spoon a bit of sauce on top.
- (if you are not preparing this as a make ahead meal, marinade meat for 2 to 4 hours before cooking.).
More about "sweet and tangy flank steak oamc or make ahead recipes"
QUICK AND EASY FLANK STEAK: MAKE-AHEAD MEALS | REFRESH
Cuisine AmericanCategory Main DishServings 4Total Time 24 hrs 25 mins
SPICY GRILLED FLANK STEAK WITH LIME - SWEET CS DESIGNS
Servings 6Total Time 15 minsEstimated Reading Time 3 minsCalories 330 per serving
FLANK AND BROCCOLI RECIPE - FOOD.COM
4/5 (2)Total Time 1 hr 5 minsCategory VegetableCalories 489 per serving
59 FOOD: MAIN SAVORIES IDEAS | FOOD, RECIPES, COOKING RECIPES
SEES TOFFEE RECIPES
SWEET AND TANGY STEAK SAUCE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
TANGY FLANK STEAK - TFRECIPES.COM
SWEET AND TANGY FLANK STEAK (OAMC OR MAKE AHEAD) • RECIPES ...
SWEET FLANK STEAK MARINADE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
SWEET AND TANGY FLANK STEAK (OAMC OR MAKE AHEAD)
SWEET AND TANGY FLANK STEAK (OAMC OR MAKE AHEAD) RECIPE
SWEET AND TANGY FLANK STEAK OAMC OR MAKE AHEAD) …
SWEET AND TANGY FLANK STEAK (OAMC OR MAKE AHEAD) …
SWEET AND TANGY FLANK STEAK (OAMC OR MAKE AHEAD) RECIPE ...
You'll also love