KECAP MANIS (SWEET SOY SAUCE)
- Heat sugar in a heavy saucepan over medium-low heat until sugar becomes lightly brown. Slowly stir in soy sauce. Once the sugar and soy sauce are combined, stir in the water, star anise, curry leaves, ginger, and garlic. Increase heat and bring to a boil. Simmer until the sugar is dissolved, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and cool. Strain sauce and pour into a lidded bottle or jar. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 65.4 calories, Carbohydrate 16.9 g, Sodium 1441.7 mg, Sugar 16.7 g
SWEET SOY SAUCE
- Combine the sugar, light and dark soy sauces, water, and oil in a small saucepan. If using canola oil, add a dash of sesame oil. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stir to make sure the sugar has dissolved, then remove from the heat. Transfer to a heatproof bowl and set aside to cool completely before using. The sauce can be prepared up to 2 days in advance, covered, and left at room temperature.
SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE I
- Place the sugar, vinegar, water, soy sauce, ketchup and cornstarch in a medium saucepan, and bring to a boil. Stir continuously until the mixture has thickened.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 43.2 calories, Carbohydrate 10.8 g, Protein 0.3 g, Sodium 236.3 mg, Sugar 9.6 g
SWEET SOY DIPPING SAUCE
A tangy, sweet soy sauce that is great for dipping any kind of meat. I use this to put on my Chinese Spicy Beef Lettuce Wraps.
Provided by Valerie in Florida
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Mix all ingredients together thoroughly. Serve with your favorite meal.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 16.4, Sodium 335.4, Carbohydrate 3.7, Fiber 0.1, Sugar 3.3, Protein 0.6
SWEET GARLIC SOY SAUCE
In Philippine cuisine, dark, fairly harsh soy sauce is favored, but it's often combined with sugar to create a syrupy dressing for vegetables. The added garlic gives this sweet and salty sauce a pleasant kick. This recipe originally accompanied Lumpia Rolls .
Provided by Mark Bittman
Yield Makes 1/2 cup
Number Of Ingredients 3
- 1. Place the soy sauce and sugar in a saucepan and cook over low heat until slightly caramelized and thickened, about 5 minutes.
- 2. Remove from the heat and stir in the garlic. Cool and serve. This sauce will keep well, refrigerated, for a couple of days; bring to room temperature if you're using it as a dipping sauce. (If you're cooking with it, you can use it directly from the refrigerator, of course.)
More about "sweet soy sauce recipes"
SICHUAN SWEETENED SOY SAUCE - CHINA SICHUAN FOOD
BRAISED PORK IN SWEET SOY SAUCE - JO COOKS
SWEET SOY SAUCE (CHINESE MOTHER SAUCE #3) RECIPE ON …
10 BEST JAPANESE SWEET SOY SAUCE RECIPES | YUMMLY
KECAP MANIS (INDONESIAN SWEET SOY SAUCE) - THE …
ASIAN SOY GLAZE RECIPE (STICKY & SWEET SAUCE) - HUNGRY …
HOMEMADE SWEET FLOUR SAUCE (SWEET BEAN SAUCE
SWEET & SPICY SOY DIPPING SAUCE RECIPE BY ARCHANA'S …
SHREDDED SWEET SOY SAUCE CHICKEN BREAST | RECIPETIN …
WHAT IS ‘SWEET SOY SAUCE’ AND HOW DO I USE IT?
CHINESE FLAVORED SWEET SOY SAUCE (复制酱油)
HOW TO MAKE SWEET SOY SAUCE - OUR EVERYDAY LIFE
Author Christina Kalinowski
QUICK & EASY THICK SOY SAUCE RECIPE - GREEDY GIRL GOURMET
20+ SOY SAUCE RECIPES | EATINGWELL
SWEET SOY SAUCE WILL IMPROVE MARINADES, STIR-FRIES, AND YOUR LIFE
32 RECIPES WITH SOY SAUCE TO HELP YOU FINISH THE BOTTLE IN …
EASY KUNG PAO SHRIMP RECIPE - COOKIN' WITH MIMA
SWEET SOY SAUCE - SECRETS OF SUSHI
SOY SAUCE - WIKIPEDIA
5-MINUTE HOMEMADE SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE (+ VIDEO)
SOY SAUCE NOODLES (WITH A SIMPLE ASIAN SAUCE!) - SWEET CARAMEL …
SWEET SOY SAUCE BEEF (TRADITIONAL MALAY BEEF STEW)
PINEAPPLE CHICKEN RECIPE (STIR-FRY) | KITCHN
SWEET SOY GLAZE RECIPE | JAPANESE RECIPES | UNCUT RECIPES
SWEET SOY SAUCE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
17 BEST SWEET SOY SAUCE RECIPE IDEAS - PINTEREST
RECIPES | ABC SAUCES
SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE - SAUCE - MANY SIMPLE RECIPES
10 BEST SWEET SOY SAUCE AND CHICKEN RECIPES | YUMMLY
CHINESE SAUCES AND INGREDIENTS - TABLE FOR TWO® BY JULIE CHIOU
HOMEMADE SWEET SOY SAUCE - THANK YOU BERRY MUCH
SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE RECIPE - NATASHASKITCHEN.COM
ABC SAUCES – ABC SAUCES
SWEET SOY SAUCE FOR KOREAN FRIED CHICKEN RECIPE
10 BEST SUBSTITUTES FOR SWEET SOY SAUCE - SUBSTITUTE COOKING
CRAVING SOY SAUCE - THERESCIPES.INFO
SWEET SOY SAUCE RECIPES - NYT COOKING
SWEET CHILI SAUCE RECIPE | 5 MINUTES, 5 INGREDIENTS - GLENDA EMBREE
SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE - DINNER AT THE ZOO
CRAVINGS | PEPPER'S HOMEMADE SWEET DARK SOY SAUCE
SWEET SOY SAUCE CHICKEN (35-MINUTE RECIPE) - CHRISTIE AT HOME
EASY ONE MINUTE SWEET SOY SAUCE RECIPE - WOK YOUR WORLD FOOD …
Quick & Easy Ayam Kecap (Sweet Soy Sauce Chicken) Recipe! | Flavour Fridays16K views-09:21
Ziangs: Kecap Manis recipe - Sweet Soy Sauce [STREET FOOD Series]3.6K views-06:41
Homemade Kecap Menis /Sweet Soy Sauce Recipe By Simply Yum-Cooking Simplified.13K views-03:37
How To Make Kecap Manis (Indonesian Sweet Soy Sauce) - Quick Version91K views-01:55
Sweet Soy Sauce62K views-04:45
Resep Sambal Kecap (Spicy Sweet Soy Sauce Recipe Video) | MELATI PUTRI11K views-01:13
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make sweet soy sauce at home?How to Make Sweet Soy Sauce 1 Ingredients 2 Simmer the Sauce. Combine soy sauce, brown sugar, rice wine vinegar, garlic, sesame oil, ginger, Chinese five-spice powder and red pepper flakes in a small saucepan. 3 Thicken the Sauce. Whisk the cornstarch and water together in a bowl, until combined. ... 4 Substitutions and Variations. ...
How do you make ketchup with soy sauce?In a saucepan, combine 1/2 cup ketchup, 1 tsp soy sauce, 1/3 cup vinegar, 1/2 cup brown sugar and 1 cup white sugar until combined. In a separate cup, whisk 3/4 cup cold water (or pineapple juice) with 4 Tbsp cornstarch until well blended.
How do you make sweet and sour sauce?How to Make Sweet and Sour Sauce: In a saucepan, combine 1/2 cup ketchup, 1 tsp soy sauce, 1/3 cup vinegar, 1/2 cup brown sugar and 1 cup white sugar until combined.
How long do you cook soy sauce?Place the soy sauce and sugar in a saucepan and cook over low heat until slightly caramelized and thickened, about 5 minutes. 2. Remove from the heat and stir in the garlic. Cool and serve. This sauce will keep well, refrigerated, for a couple of days; bring to room temperature if you're using it as a dipping sauce.