TAHINI BANANA CAKE
Try tahini as a secret ingredient in banana cake - it works brilliantly. Decorate it with our tahini buttercream topping and chocolate chips
Provided by Diana Henry
Categories Afternoon tea
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Heat the oven to 190C/170C fan/ gas 5. Butter and line a 20cm square cake tin with baking parchment.
- Beat the butter, sugar and tahini together until pale and smooth. Beat in the eggs a little at a time, then add the vanilla, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Mix the flour, bicarbonate of soda and ½ tsp salt together, then fold into the butter mixture. Stir in the milk. Carefully fold in the banana and sesame seeds, then spoon the batter into the prepared tin and bake for 40-50 mins until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean. Leave to cool slightly in the tin, then lift out and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the buttercream topping, beat all the ingredients, except the chocolate chips, together until smooth. Spread this over the cooled cake, then scatter over the chocolate chips and cut the cake into squares or rectangles to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 478 calories, Fat 25 grams fat, SaturatedFat 12 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 54 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 36 grams sugar, Fiber 3 grams fiber, Protein 7 grams protein, Sodium 0.4 milligram of sodium
SESAME, DATE AND BANANA CAKE
Even though this cake is packed full of dates, bananas and tahini (also known as tahini paste in Britain), it's surprisingly soft and light. You can serve it warm, if you like, with the tahini cream cheese and bananas alongside, although it's worth the wait, if you can, for it to cool so that it can be assembled as a cake. A note on tahini: We always use tahini from one of the Arabic brands, which tend to be creamy and nutty (as opposed to a Greek or Cypriot tahini, which can be bitter and sticky). But it's also worth seeking out local or artisanal brands closer to home. Always be sure your tahini is well stirred before measuring.
Provided by Yotam Ottolenghi
Categories cakes, dessert
Yield 8 to 10 servings
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Heat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit/200 degrees Celsius. Grease an 8-inch/20-centimeter aluminum springform cake pan with butter, and line the base and sides with parchment paper.
- Make the cake: In a medium bowl, whisk together tahini and orange juice, and then stir in dates, bananas and sesame seeds, separating the date and banana pieces as you add them to the bowl so they don't clump together. Set aside.
- Put butter and sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, and mix on medium-high speed for 2 to 3 minutes, until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, in two additions, until combined, scraping the bowl down as needed.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt, then add to the stand mixer bowl and mix on low speed for about 30 seconds, just to combine. Add tahini-date mixture with the speed still on low and mix until blended, then spoon the batter into the cake pan and smooth the top.
- Transfer cake to oven and bake for 30 minutes, until golden brown. Without removing it from the oven, carefully cover the cake loosely with aluminum foil. Continue to bake for an additional 25 to 30 minutes, or until cake is cooked through and a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean. Remove from oven and set aside to cool in the pan on a wire rack.
- While the cake is baking, make the icing: Place all the ingredients in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Whisk for 1 to 2 minutes, on medium speed, until combined and airy, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed to mix thoroughly. Set aside until cake has cooled.
- Make the caramelized bananas: Heat broiler on its highest setting, with a rack placed about 4 inches/10 centimeters beneath the heat source. Arrange banana slices closely together on a small baking pan and sprinkle generously with sugar. Broil bananas for 2 to 3 minutes, until sugar has melted and caramelized. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- To assemble, remove the cake from the pan and transfer to a plate. Spread icing generously over the top of the cake. Arrange the caramelized bananas on top, then drizzle with date syrup.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 564, UnsaturatedFat 14 grams, Carbohydrate 61 grams, Fat 34 grams, Fiber 4 grams, Protein 9 grams, SaturatedFat 17 grams, Sodium 329 milligrams, Sugar 38 grams, TransFat 0 grams
More about "tahini banana cake recipes"
TAHINI BANANA CAKE - THE BIG SWEET TOOTH
5/5 (2)Category SnackCuisine Middle EasternTotal Time 1 hr 10 mins
TAHINI-BANANA SNACK CAKE | THE PERFECT CAKE
TAHINI BANANA BREAD RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK KITCHEN | FOOD NETWORK
Author Food Network KitchenSteps 4Difficulty Easy
TAHINI BANANA BREAD - COSETTE'S KITCHEN
BANANA, TAHINI AND RUM CAKE RECIPE | THE INDEPENDENT
SPICED CHOCOLATE BANANA TAHINI CAKE - CARDAMOM AND TEA
TAHINI BANANA CAKE WITH CHOCOLATE FROSTING - BEST OF VEGAN
TAHINI-BANANA SNACK CAKE - BOOMER MAGAZINE
BANANA TAHINI BREAKFAST CAKE - GATHERED AT MY TABLE | SEASONAL …
TAHINI RECIPE: BANANA TAHINI MARBLED SNACK CAKE
MEERA SODHA’S VEGAN RECIPE FOR GLUTEN-FREE TAHINI BANANA BREAD
10 BEST TAHINI CAKE RECIPES | YUMMLY
TAHINI-BANANA SNACK CAKE | THE PERFECT CAKE - MASTERCOOK
TAHINI BANANA MUG CAKE - DELICIOUS DISH
TAHINI CHOCOLATE BANANA CAKE - THE LITTLE EPICUREAN
TAHINI BANANA CAKE – FOR THE LOVE OF BUTTER
TAHINI, OATS & BANANA CAKE RECIPE | WOOLWORTHS
BANANA BUNDT CAKE WITH TAHINI GLAZE - SARA MELLAS
15 TAHINI DESSERT RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
BANANA UPSIDE DOWN CAKE WITH TAHINI - HEALTHY BERRY
TAHINI BANANA SNACK CAKE | AMERICA'S TEST KITCHEN
BANANA, TAHINI AND RUM CAKE RECIPE
BANANA & TAHINI CAKE WITH COCONUT TOPPING (VEGAN ... - REBEL …
CHOCOLATE TAHINI BANANA BREAD | NIGELLA'S RECIPES | NIGELLA LAWSON
TAHINI BANANA CAKES RECIPE - SCARECROW
NEW RECIPE: BANANA, TAHINI AND RUM CAKE RECIPE - CAKE BAKING
BANANA SNACK CAKE RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
RECIPE: BANANA, TAHINI AND RUM CAKE - BEACON MAGZINE
THE BEST BANANA CAKE I'VE EVER HAD - SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
TAHINI BANANA BREAD - BROMA BAKERY
NEW RECIPE: BENJAMINA EBUEHI’S BANANA, TAHINI AND RUM CAKE RECIPE
CHOCOLATE TAHINI SKILLET BREAKFAST BANANA CAKE - RELUCTANT …
CHOCOLATE CHIP BANANA TAHINI CAKE - I WILL NOT EAT OYSTERS
TAHINI SWIRL BANANA BREAD RECIPE - TODAY.COM
TAHINI BANANA BREAD - VEGAN BOWLS
GRILLED BANANA BREAD WITH TAHINI AND HONEYCOMB | OTTOLENGHI
SOFT BANANA CAKE WITH TAHINI AND CHOCOLATE – VEGAN & VEGETARIAN …
BANANA, CHOCOLATE AND TAHINI LOAF CAKE - DELICIOUS. MAGAZINE
TEAM JUMBO-VISMA | RECIPE: TAHINI BANANA ENERGY CAKES
TAHINI BANANA BREAD RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
VEGAN BANANA COCONUT CAKE WITH TAHINI CREAM | FLAVOUR DREAMS
VEGAN TAHINI FRUIT BITES BY JACQUELINE ZANDERS. A THERMOMIX ® …
BEST TAHINI BANANA BREAD RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
TAHINI BANANA BREAD - LION'S BREAD
TAHINI BANANA BREAD (EASY AND DELICIOUS) - A COZY KITCHEN
You'll also love