DAD'S LEFTOVER TURKEY POT PIE
- Preheat an oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Place the peas and carrots, green beans, and celery into a saucepan; cover with water, bring to a boil, and simmer over medium-low heat until the celery is tender, about 8 minutes. Drain the vegetables in a colander set in the sink, and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat, and cook the onion until translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in 2/3 cup of flour, salt, black pepper, celery seed, onion powder, and Italian seasoning; slowly whisk in the chicken broth and milk until the mixture comes to a simmer and thickens. Remove from heat; stir the cooked vegetables and turkey meat into the filling until well combined.
- Fit 2 pie crusts into the bottom of 2 9-inch pie dishes. Spoon half the filling into each pie crust, then top each pie with another crust. Pinch and roll the top and bottom crusts together at the edge of each pie to seal, and cut several small slits into the top of the pies with a sharp knife to release steam.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the crusts are golden brown and the filling is bubbly, 30 to 35 minutes. If the crusts are browning too quickly, cover the pies with aluminum foil after about 15 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 538.5 calories, Carbohydrate 39.5 g, Cholesterol 64.7 mg, Fat 33.2 g, Fiber 4.2 g, Protein 20.4 g, SaturatedFat 12.6 g, Sodium 650.7 mg, Sugar 2.5 g
LEFTOVER THANKSGIVING TURKEY POT PIE
An easy, no-fuss comforting pot pie using leftovers and ingredients that you already have on hand!
Provided by Chungah Rhee
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly oil four 10-ounce ramekins or coat with nonstick spray. To make the filling, melt butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic, onion, corn, carrots and peas and cook, stirring occasionally, until onions become translucent, about 2 minutes. Whisk in flour until lightly browned, about 1 minute. Gradually whisk in chicken broth, milk and thyme, and cook, whisking constantly, until slightly thickened, about 1-2 minutes. Stir in turkey; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Divide the filling evenly into the ramekins. Top with puff pastry and gently cut 4 vents in the top of the crust. Brush each crust with the beaten egg. Place into oven and bake until the crust is golden brown, about 20 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes before serving.
More about "thanksgiving pot pie recipes"
17 PERFECT POTPIE RECIPES TO MAKE WITH THANKSGIVING …
Author Kendra V. Lico
50 THANKSGIVING PIE RECIPES - SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
50 OF OUR BEST POTLUCK THANKSGIVING RECIPES
OUR BEST THANKSGIVING PIE AND TART RECIPES - FOOD COM
THANKSGIVING LEFTOVERS RECIPE: TURKEY POT PIE - DELICIOUS!
25 BEST THANKSGIVING PIES - INSANELY GOOD RECIPES
THANKSGIVING PIE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
50+ THANKSGIVING PIE RECIPES - SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
THANKSGIVING TURKEY POT PIE - JOY THE BAKER
5/5 (6)Category DessertServings 8Total Time 2 hrs 15 mins
TURKEY POT PIE WITH STUFFING CRUST - KITCHEN DIVAS
CLASSIC THANKSGIVING APPLE PIE - THERESCIPES.INFO
THANKSGIVING LEFTOVERS: TURKEY POT PIE - STEVEN AND CHRIS
THANKSGIVING PIE RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
THANKSGIVING TURKEY POT PIE - SKINNY DAILY RECIPES
TURKEY POT PIE WITH PUFF PASTRY | KEVIN IS COOKING
THANKSGIVING POT PIE RECIPE | VEGETARIAN HOLIDAY RECIPES
THANKSGIVING TURKEY POT PIE WITH STUFFING CRUST RECIPE | ALTON BROWN
THANKSGIVING PIE RECIPES - PILLSBURY.COM
THANKSGIVING POT PIE - THE STARVING CHEF
28 TOP THANKSGIVING PIE RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
HOW TO WHIP UP A STELLAR POT PIE FROM THANKSGIVING LEFTOVERS
20 BEST TURKEY POT PIE RECIPES – FOOD.COM
EASY TURKEY POT PIE RECIPE - AVERIE COOKS
HOW TO MAKE LEFTOVER THANKSGIVING TURKEY POT PIE | KITCHN
BEST THANKSGIVING LEFTOVER PIE - A BOUNTIFUL KITCHEN
THE ULTIMATE THANKSGIVING POT PIE - INSPIRED - HORMEL FOODS
IMPRESSIVE THANKSGIVING PIES | RECIPES - TASTY
HAPPY VEGETARIAN THANKSGIVING WITH A FANTASTIC VEGETABLE POT …
THIS STUFFING-TOPPED THANKSGIVING POT PIE RECIPE IS YOUR ANSWER …
BEST THANKSGIVING PIES (RECIPES FOR ALL 80 IDEAS!)
EASY TURKEY POT PIE RECIPE | THE RECIPE CRITIC
20 CLASSIC THANKSGIVING PIE RECIPES - FOOD.COM
10 TASTY TURKEY POT PIE RECIPES | SOUTHERN LIVING
THANKSGIVING POT PIE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
LEFTOVER TURKEY POT PIE RECIPE - JOYFOODSUNSHINE
27 DELICIOUS THANKSGIVING POTLUCK IDEAS - COOKING CHEW
LEFTOVER THANKSGIVING TURKEY POT PIE WITH STUFFING CRUST
31 EASY THANKSGIVING POTLUCK IDEAS - LAST MINUTE THANKSGIVING
TURKEY POT PIE - ANDIANNE
THE BEST THANKSGIVING PIE IS THE ONE MADE OUT OF LEFTOVERS
LEFTOVER THANKSGIVING TURKEY POT PIE RECIPE - NKECHI AJAEROH
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST LEFTOVER THANKSGIVING TURKEY POT PIE
BISQUICK TURKEY POT PIE - INSANELY GOOD RECIPES
THANKSGIVING LEFTOVER POT PIE – CEROLI DOLCI
You'll also love