TOMATO CHEESE PINWHEELS
These cheesy pinwheels are our favorite for Mother's day. No matter how many we bake, there are never any leftovers. The light cheddar tang complements the tomato flavor beautifully. They look complicated but are surprisingly easy to prepare. -Maggie Gassett, Hillsborough, New Hampshire
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 40 appetizers.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a bowl, combine 1 cup flour, sugar, yeast and salt. Add tomato juice, water and butter; beat for 2 minutes on medium speed. Add egg and enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. Place in a greased bowl; turn once to grease top. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until doubled. Punch dough down. Divide in half; roll each half into a 15x12-in. rectangle approximately 1/8 in. thick. Cut into 3-in. squares. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Make 1-in. slits in each corner of each square. Combine cheese and chives; place 1 heaping teaspoon in the center of each square. Bring every other corner up to center, overlapping slightly to form a pinwheel; press firmly. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes. Remove to a wire rack to cool.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 162 calories, Fat 6g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 29mg cholesterol, Sodium 275mg sodium, Carbohydrate 21g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 6g protein.
EASY 3-INGREDIENT CHEESE PINWHEELS
This is my go-to finger food for any party - it's super quick and easy to make and all you need is puff pastry, cheese, and herbed cream cheese.
Provided by superchef
Categories Appetizers and Snacks Wraps and Rolls
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Dust a flat work surface lightly with flour. Unroll puff pastry and roll out to a rectangle. Spread a thin layer of herbed cream cheese over the puff pastry. Cover with Swiss cheese slices, leaving a 1-inch border. Roll puff pastry up tightly like a jelly roll.
- Slice puff pastry roll in 1/4-inch-thick slices and lay on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven on the center rack until lightly browned and puffed up, 15 to 20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 116.3 calories, Carbohydrate 5.6 g, Cholesterol 15.6 mg, Fat 8.9 g, Fiber 0.2 g, Protein 3 g, SaturatedFat 4.4 g, Sodium 93.2 mg, Sugar 0.3 g
Juicy cherry tomatoes are cooked with brown sugar, cider vinegar, garlic, and thyme for the filling of these savory treats. Store-bought puff-pastry makes putting them together a breeze.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Makes 2 dozen
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Combine tomatoes, sugar, vinegar, garlic, thyme, and 1 1/2 teaspoons salt in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring, then reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until mixture has thickened and little moisture remains, 45 to 50 minutes. Season with salt; let cool completely. (Filling can be refrigerated, covered, up to 1 week.)
- Sprinkle cheese over a work surface in a 10-by-12-inch rectangle. Roll out pastry dough directly over cheese to same dimensions, pressing to adhere. Spread 1 cup filling over dough. Starting with a long side, roll into a tight log. Wrap in plastic and freeze until firm, at least 4 hours and up to 1 month.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Let dough stand at room temperature until sliceable, 20 minutes. Slice into 1/4-inch-thick rounds and arrange on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake, rotating pan once, until golden, 28 to 30 minutes. Flip pinwheels and bake 5 to 7 minutes more. Loosen with a metal spatula while still warm. Serve warm or room temperature.
PIZZA PUFF PINWHEELS
Make the ideal supper treat for under 5s, with ready-made pasta sauce, a little ham, grated cheese and shop-bought puff pastry
Provided by Liz Franklin
Categories Afternoon tea, Snack, Starter, Treat
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Unroll the pastry onto a lightly floured surface and roll it out to 40 x 32cm. Spread a layer of pasta sauce over it, leaving a 1cm border around the edges. Arrange the ham evenly on top, then scatter the grated cheese over.
- Starting at one of the short ends, roll the pastry up as tightly as possible. Chill in the fridge for 10 minutes or so.
- Take a very sharp knife and cut the roll into 12 equal slices, laying them flat on 2 non-stick baking trays as you go. Brush each pinwheel lightly with beaten egg and sprinkle over the herbs. Bake for 12-15 minutes until puffed and golden. Leave to stand for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 171 calories, Fat 11 grams fat, SaturatedFat 5 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 12 grams carbohydrates, Protein 6 grams protein, Sodium 0.74 milligram of sodium
MEDITERRANEAN PASTRY PINWHEELS
These quick appetizers are irresistible. The flavors of sun-dried tomatoes and pesto balance beautifully. -Kristen Heigl, Staten Island, New York
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 16 appetizers.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 400°. Unfold puff pastry; roll and trim into a 10-in. square., Beat cream cheese and pesto until smooth; stir in remaining ingredients. Spread cheese mixture on pastry to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style. Freeze 30 minutes. Cut crosswise into 16 slices., Bake cut side down on a parchment-lined baking sheet until golden brown, 12-15 minutes. Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked pastry slices on waxed paper-lined baking sheets until firm. Transfer to airtight container; return to freezer. To use, preheat oven to 400°; bake pastries until golden brown, 15-20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 170 calories, Fat 13g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 18mg cholesterol, Sodium 227mg sodium, Carbohydrate 11g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 4g protein.
More about "tomato cheese pinwheels recipes"
TOMATO AND CHEESE PINWHEELS RECIPE | SPARKRECIPES
DAIRY-FREE CHEESE AND TOMATO PINWHEELS - KATYKICKER
ITALIAN PINWHEEL SANDWICHES WITH CREAM CHEESE - THERESCIPES.INFO
21 EASY PINWHEEL SANDWICHES RECIPES FOR LUNCH OR PARTY APPETIZERS
MEDITERRANEAN PINWHEELS RECIPE - APPETIZER ADDICTION
CHEESE AND CHUTNEY PINWHEELS RECIPE - WHAT THE REDHEAD SAID
TUSCAN GRILLED CHEESE CORNER BAKERY - THERESCIPES.INFO
SUN-DRIED TOMATO BASIL PINWHEELS | MINIMALIST BAKER RECIPES
CHEESE AND TOMATO PINWHEELS - SWEET CARAMEL SUNDAY
TOMATO CHEESE PINWHEELS - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
TOMATO CHEESE PINWHEELS - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
TOMATO CHEESE PINWHEELS RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT | TASTE …
BLT PINWHEELS – BY THE RECIPES
CHEESE & BACON PINWHEELS | CHEESE RECIPES - JAMIE OLIVER
17 EASY PINWHEEL RECIPES (QUICK & DELICIOUS)
HAM AND CHEESE PINWHEELS - BAKE PLAY SMILE
CHEESY GARLIC TOMATO PINWHEELS | SWEETORDEAL.COM
BAKED HAM AND CHEESE PINWHEELS - EASY APPETIZERS - RECIPE POCKET
17 EASY PINWHEEL RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
SUN DRIED TOMATO AND CHEESE PINWHEELS - BAKE THEN EAT
SUN-DRIED TOMATO AND BASIL PINWHEELS - BY THE RECIPES
PUFF PASTRY PINWHEELS WITH OLIVES AND SUN-DRIED TOMATOES
SUN-DRIED TOMATO PINWHEELS — BUNS IN MY OVEN
TOMATO CHEESE PINWHEELS - SQUARE BOX FITNESS
ROSEMARY-TOMATO PINWHEELS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
SPINACH & TOMATO PINWHEELS (3 INGREDIENTS) - BABY LED WEANING …
BEST PINWHEEL SANDWICHES (13 FLAVORFUL IDEAS!) - BAKE IT WITH LOVE
SUN-DRIED TOMATO AND PARMESAN PINWHEELS RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
EASY PINWHEEL RECIPE – A COUPLE COOKS
RECIPE: SPICY TOMATO PINWHEELS WITH FONTINA & PARMESAN - BLUE …
SUN-DRIED TOMATO, BASIL AND SPINACH PINWHEELS - OAT&SESAME
SPINACH GOAT CHEESE SUN DRIED TOMATO PINWHEELS - LEMON TREE …
HOW TO MAKE ITALIAN PINWHEELS (PERFECT FOR THE SUPER BOWL!) - CHEF …
10 BEST PUFF PASTRY PINWHEELS RECIPES | YUMMLY
TOMATO AND ONION PINWHEELS - VEGETABLES
ITALIAN PINWHEELS (QUICK AND EASY) - KATHRYN'S KITCHEN
SPINACH & SUN-DRIED TOMATO PUFF PASTRY PINWHEELS - COOK WITH …
14 PINWHEEL RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love