QUICK TURKEY SCALLOPINI
Here's one of my most-requested recipes, thanks to the special white wine and mustard sauce. It makes an ordinary weeknight dinner feel like a little party. -Susan Warren, North Manchester, Indiana
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a shallow bowl, mix flour and seasonings. Dip cutlets in flour mixture to coat both sides; shake off excess. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, heat oil over medium heat. Add turkey in batches and cook 2-4 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Remove to a serving plate; keep warm., Add wine to pan; increase heat to medium-high. Cook 30 seconds, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and broth until smooth; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until slightly thickened., Stir in sour cream and mustard; heat through. Pour over turkey. If desired, sprinkle with paprika.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 263 calories, Fat 8g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 88mg cholesterol, Sodium 194mg sodium, Carbohydrate 11g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 34g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
While many have heard of veal scallopini, you can make this Italian dish with most any meat or even vegetables. The trick is to use a demi-glace of the same style -- i.e., a venison demi if using deer. You can 'fake' a demi-glace by reducing an appropriate brown stock and adding a water and flour slurry to thicken. Makes an awesome romantic dinner for two.
Provided by Strangecacti
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a small bowl, stir together the garlic and butter until well combined. Set aside. Place a chicken breast half on a work surface with the thick side facing to the right (if you're right-handed), and place your left hand down on the chicken breast. Using a very sharp knife, carefully cut the chicken breast from the thick side to about 1/2 inch from the edge of the thin side, in a horizontal cut. Open the cut chicken breast and spread it out like an open book. Using a meat mallet, gently pound the butterflied chicken breast out until it's an even thickness.
- Place the flour into a shallow dish, and dredge each chicken breast on both sides with flour. Melt the garlic butter in a large skillet over medium heat until it stops foaming, and cook each chicken breast until golden brown on both sides, 6 to 8 minutes per side. Sprinkle each breast with salt and pepper. Remove the chicken breasts to a platter, and keep warm.
- Cook and stir the mushrooms in the same skillet as the chicken until the mushrooms have absorbed the remaining butter in the skillet and have begun to turn brown at the edges. Stir in capers, lemon juice, white wine, and chicken demi-glace, and stir to combine. Reduce to a simmer. Adjust salt and pepper again, and stir the parsley into the sauce.
- Remove the chicken breasts to plates, and serve the sauce over the chicken. Garnish each serving with a lemon slice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 541.7 calories, Carbohydrate 34.8 g, Cholesterol 128.2 mg, Fat 27.2 g, Fiber 2.5 g, Protein 34.8 g, SaturatedFat 15.5 g, Sodium 884.4 mg, Sugar 3.2 g
TURKEY SCALOPPINE WITH MUSHROOOMS
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms, thyme and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. Sauté until mushrooms are golden brown, about 6 minutes. Add Marsala and boil 3 minutes. Add broth and reduce by 1/2, about 12 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Dredge turkey in flour; tap off excess. Add turkey to skillet and cook until just cooked through, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to plates and keep warm.
- Place sauce back on heat. Bring to simmer and whisk in remaining 2 tablespoons butter. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Pour sauce over turkey. Sprinkle with chives and serve.
- In a skillet heat a few tablespoons of cooking oil. Sprinkle the turkey breast pieces with garlic salt and then roll in the flour until coated. Brown the turkey breast pieces in the oil and then add the onion, mushrooms, and garlic. Cook a few more minutes and then drain off the excess oil. Add the broth and Marsala wine and reduce heat. Simmer until sauce thickens.
PORK SCALOPPINE WITH WILD MUSHROOMS
- Whisk together chicken broth, mustard, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce and cornstarch; set aside.
- In a large nonstick frypan, melt half the margarine over medium high heat.
- Add mushrooms; cook, stirring frequently, until mushrooms are tender and golden brown, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Set aside in a bowl.
- Lightly season both sides of pork with paprika, salt and pepper.
- Melt remaining margarine in frypan over medium high heat.
- Add pork and cook, 2 to 3 minutes each side, until just a hint of pink remains inside.
- Remove from pan and set aside with mushrooms.
- Stir broth mixture then add to pan, stirring until mixture boils and thickens slightly, 30 to 60 seconds.
- Remove from heat and stir in sour cream.
- Return mushrooms and pork to frypan, turning to coat with sauce.
- Gently heat through if necessary.
- Serve immediately, sprinkled with chives.
Quick-cooking turkey breast slices make this recipe a winner when you only have a few minutes to fix a satisfying meal. I've also used flattened boneless skinless chicken breast halves in place of the turkey of this entree. -Karen Adams, Cleveland, Tennessee
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Flatten turkey to 1/4-in. thickness. In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, salt and pepper. In another bowl, beat egg and water. In a third shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs and cheese. , Dredge turkey in flour mixture, then dip in egg mixture and coat with crumbs. Let stand for 5 minutes. , Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; cook turkey for 2-3 minutes on each side or until meat is no longer pink and coating is golden brown. Sprinkle with parsley.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 358 calories, Fat 17g fat (10g saturated fat), Cholesterol 169mg cholesterol, Sodium 463mg sodium, Carbohydrate 12g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 38g protein.
TURKEY SCALLOPINI WITH CAPERS AND LEMON
- Pat turkey dry and season with salt and pepper. Dredge half of turkey slices in flour, shaking off excess. Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over high heat until hot but not smoking, then sauté turkey until browned on both sides and just cooked through, about 4 minutes total. Transfer to a platter and keep warm, covered. Dredge and sauté remaining turkey with another 1 1/2 tablespoons oil in same manner.
- Add remaining tablespoon oil to skillet and cook garlic over moderate heat, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add broth and deglaze over moderately high heat, scraping up brown bits. Boil until broth is reduced to about 3/4 cup. Stir in lemon juice, capers, parsley, and salt and pepper to taste. Return turkey to skillet with any juices on platter and simmer until heated through, about 1 minute.
TURKEY SCALOPPINE WITH DIJON SAUCE
- Combine first seven ingredients.
- Brush onto turkey scallopini.
- Grill over medium heat 2 to 4 minutes each side or until no longer pink in centre.
- As an alternative, the turkey can be pan-fried in 15 mL (1 tbsp) vegetable oil for approximately 2 minutes each side.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 168.8, Fat 13.4, SaturatedFat 1.7, Sodium 87.2, Carbohydrate 13.4, Fiber 0.3, Sugar 12.4, Protein 0.5
TURKEY SCALOPPINE WITH PROSCIUTTO AND CHEESE
- Put the turkey slices on a flat surface and pound lightly with a flat mallet. Each should be about 1/4-inch thick.
- Sprinkle the turkey pieces on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Dip the pieces in flour to coat well on both sides. Shake off excess.
- Preheat the broiler to high.
- Heat the oil and butter in a skillet and add the turkey pieces. Cook about 1 1/2 minutes or until lightly browned on one side. Turn and cook about 2 minutes longer, turning the pieces occasionally. Scatter the shallots around the turkey pieces. Cook briefly and add the Marsala. Cook about 1 minute.
- Transfer the turkey pieces to a heatproof dish and pour the wine sauce over all. Cover each piece with a slice of prosciutto. Cover the prosciutto neatly with a slice of cheese.
- Place the covered turkey pieces under the broiler, about 3 inches from the source of heat. Cook until cheese melts, 45 seconds to 1 minute. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 644, UnsaturatedFat 24 grams, Carbohydrate 5 grams, Fat 49 grams, Fiber 0 grams, Protein 42 grams, SaturatedFat 20 grams, Sodium 545 milligrams, Sugar 1 gram, TransFat 0 grams
TURKEY BREAST SCALOPPINE WITH MARSALA SAUCE
- Preheat the broiler to high.
- Cover the meat with plastic wrap and pound it lightly with a meat pounder. Sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper and dredge all over in a little flour.
- Heat the butter and oil in a heavy nonstick skillet large enough to hold the slices in one layer. When it is very hot add the meat. Brown on both sides over high heat and transfer to a hot ovenproof serving platter.
- Add the wine to the skillet and cook, stirring, over high heat until the wine becomes syrupy. Spoon this over the meat. Top each piece of meat with one slice of prosciutto and a slice of cheese. Run quickly under the broiler until the cheese melts. Serve.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 386, UnsaturatedFat 14 grams, Carbohydrate 2 grams, Fat 26 grams, Fiber 0 grams, Protein 31 grams, SaturatedFat 10 grams, Sodium 402 milligrams, Sugar 0 grams, TransFat 0 grams
More about "turkey scaloppine with mushroooms recipes"
TURKEY SCALOPPINE WITH MUSHROOOMS RECIPE
Cuisine ItalianCalories 250 per serving
TURKEY SCALOPPINE WITH PROSCIUTTO, GRUYERE & PEAS …
MUSHROOM SCALOPPINE RECIPE - LA CUCINA ITALIANA
TURKEY SCALOPPINE WITH TARRAGON-MUSHROOM SAUCE | TURKEY …
TURKEY SCALOPPINE SKILLET SUPPER - FAT FLUSH
TURKEY SCALOPPINE TARRAGON | MEXICAN | QUENCH MAGAZINE
TURKEY SCALOPPINE TARRAGON - BIGOVEN.COM
TURKEY SCALLOPINI RECIPE | SHADY BROOK FARMS
TURKEY SCALOPPINE RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
RECIPE: HAPPY TURKEY SCALOPPINE (WITH MUSHROOMS, PEAS AND …
RECIPE: TURKEY SCALOPPINE WITH STEAKHOUSE-STYLE MUSHROOMS AND …
LEMON TURKEY SCALOPPINE | CANADIAN LIVING
TURKEY SCALOPPINI WITH MUSHROOMS AND HERBS - CTV
HERBED MUSHROOM AND TURKEY SCALOPPINI | CANADIAN TURKEY
SCALOPPINE WITH MUSHROOM MARSALA SAUCE | CANADIAN GOODNESS
TURKEY SCALLOPINI WITH MUSHROOMS AND ARTICHOKES INA
TURKEY BREAST SCALOPPINE WITH MARSALA SAUCE RECIPE
RECIPES > MEXICAN > HOW TO MAKE TURKEY SCALOPPINE TARRAGON
TURKEY SCALOPPINE WITH TOMATOES AND CAPERS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
TURKEY SCALOPPINE WITH STEAKHOUSE-STYLE MUSHROOMS …
TURKEY SCALOPPINE - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
TURKEY SCALOPPINE TARRAGON RECIPE
PIERRE FRANEY - RECIPES - VEAL SCALOPPINE WITH MUSHROOMS
TURKEY SCALLOPINI WITH MUSHROOMS AND GRIZZLY GOUDA
TURKEY SCALOPPINE WITH STEAKHOUSE-STYLE MUSHROOMS AND ONIONS …
RECIPES/TURKEY-SCALOPPINE-WITH-MUSHROOOMS-60.JSON AT MASTER ...
TURKEY SCALOPPINE WITH APRICOT SAUCE RECIPE - COOKEATSHARE
TURKEY TENDERLOIN SCALOPPINE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
You'll also love