Memorial Day (un)officially marks the start of grilling season. These awesome venison steak kabobs are the perfect way to celebrate the holiday and beginning of summer. This recipe includes my all-purpose wild game marinade, my go-to for red meat, white meat, and veggies.
Provided by Danielle Prewett
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Cut the venison steaks into 2- to 3-inch chunks. Cutting the meat into large pieces helps to avoid overcooking. Prep the other ingredients by chopping them into 1- to 2-inch pieces. Place everything inside a sealable bag.
- Whisk all the ingredients together for the marinade and pour over the meat and veggies. Mix to combine. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours and up to 12 before cooking. Toss the bag every few hours to make sure the mixture is fully coated with the marinade.
- Have about 8-10 skewers ready. If using wooden skewers, be sure to soak them in water 30 minutes before grilling so they don't burn. Squeeze excess liquid off the meat and veggies and thread everything onto the skewers, spaced evenly.
- Preheat a grill over high heat-you'll want the grill or coals very hot. Lay each skewer down and cook for a total of about 6 minutes, turning frequently so that all sides get contact with the heat. Use tongs to squeeze the meat to check for doneness. If using metal skewers, keep in mind that the meat will cook faster. Also, residual heat will continue to cook the meat after pulling from the grill. Serve immediately.
- Put meat cubes into a shallow marinating container (I use my tupperware marinating container with lid so I can turn the container over during the marinating time); set aside.
- Combine the next 8 ingredients in a mixing bowl or large glass measuring cup; pour over meat.
- Cover and refrigerate 48 hours, stirring occasionally (or turn container over).
- Remove meat from marinade; reserve marinade.
- Alternately thread meat and vegetables on skewers; brush with marinade.
- Grill over medium-hot heat for 15 minutes; turn and baste frequently with marinade.
- Serve with rice.
GRILLED VENISON AND VEGETABLES
My husband enjoys hunting, and it's my challenge to find new ways to serve venison. This recipe makes hearty kabobs perfect for grilling. The marinade reduces the "wild" taste, so guests often don't realize they're eating venison. -Eva MiIler-Videtich, Cedar Springs, Michigan
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4-6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a glass bowl or plastic bag, combine vinegar, honey, soy sauce, ketchup, pepper and garlic powder; set aside 1/4 cup for vegetables. Set aside 3/4 cup for basting. Add meat to bowl or bag; stir or shake to coat. Cover (or close bag) and refrigerate for 4 hours. One hour before grilling, toss vegetables with 1/4 cup reserved marinade., Drain and discard marinade from meat., Thread meat and vegetables alternately on skewers. Grill over medium-hot heat for 15-20 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in the venison reads 160°, turning and basting frequently with reserved 3/4 cup marinade.
Nutrition Facts :
VENISON KABOBS WITH SWEET AND SMOKY SAUCE
- Stir together onion, mustard powder, pepper, pepper flakes, and sugar in a large bowl. Add garlic, ginger, rice vinegar, liquid smoke, honey, and tomato puree; mix thoroughly. Toss venison with marinade, cover, and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes to overnight.
- Preheat a grill for medium heat.
- Skewer the venison pieces, alternating with red pepper, yellow pepper, red onion, mushroom, and cherry tomatoes. Grill until the venison is no longer pink, about 15 minutes, depending on the grill. Alternatively, the kabobs may be baked in a preheated oven at 425 degrees F (220 degrees C) for about 10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 250.2 calories, Carbohydrate 19.6 g, Cholesterol 96.4 mg, Fat 6.7 g, Fiber 2.2 g, Protein 28.5 g, SaturatedFat 1.6 g, Sodium 190.6 mg, Sugar 13.6 g
VENISON SHISH KEBABS
- Whisk the soy sauce, sugar, ginger, mustard powder, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper in a large bowl until the sugar has dissolved. Whisk in the vegetable oil, then stir in the venison cubes until evenly covered in the marinade. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and marinate in the refrigerator at least 4 hours. Place the wooden skewers into water to soak.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat, and lightly oil the grate.
- While the grill is heating, remove the venison from the marinade, and squeeze off excess. Discard the remaining marinade. Thread the venison cubes onto the skewers, alternating with the onion, jalapeno, and bell pepper.
- Cook the skewers on the preheated grill, turning occasionally until cooked to your desired degree of doneness, about 10 minutes total for medium-rare.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 225.2 calories, Carbohydrate 10.5 g, Cholesterol 88.2 mg, Fat 8.8 g, Fiber 2.1 g, Protein 25.5 g, SaturatedFat 2 g, Sodium 447.4 mg, Sugar 5 g
SEASONED VENISON KABOBS
- Cut meat into bite size squares. Sprinkle with meat tenderizer.
- In a bowl combine all seasoning ingredients, mix well.
- Put cut meat in marinade mixture, cover, and refrigerate for at least 3 hours. I like to marinade overnight for best flavor.
- When your are ready to load your skewers, Cut up potatoes and onion into same bite size pieces. I sprinkle my potatoes with a french fry seasoning salt. Cut bacon strips in half.
- Wrap each piece of meat with a slice of bacon and stick on skewer, then add a piece of potato, and onion. Continue alternating ingredients until skewers are loaded.
- Grill on Med. - low heat until meat is done and potato has reached desired tenderness. About 20 minutes. Turning skewers to grill both sides.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 806, Fat 43.1, SaturatedFat 13.9, Cholesterol 88.5, Sodium 2401.3, Carbohydrate 52.1, Fiber 5.2, Sugar 10.3, Protein 52.8
More about "venison kabobs recipes"
VENISON STEAK KABOBS- GRILLED TO PERFECTION
5/5 (11)Total Time 30 minsCategory Entree, Main CourseCalories 258 per serving
VENISON KABOBS RECIPE - MARINATED VENISON KEBABS RECIPE
5/5 (2)Total Time 40 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 359 per serving
- If you are making your own harissa, start by removing the stems and seeds from the dried chiles. Tear the chiles into pieces and pour enough hot water over them to just barely cover. Weigh the chiles down with a small plate or something and let the chiles soak for an hour or two, until they are soft.
- Once the chiles are soft, put them and the remaining ingredients into a blender or food processor and process into a paste -- it can be smooth or rough, depending on how you like it. You might need a little bit of the soaking water to loosen things up. You can make the harissa days or even weeks in advance and store it in the refrigerator; it lasts for months that way.
- To marinate the venison, mix the harissa and the red wine vinegar into a slurry in a bowl. Massage the marinade into the venison and pour the whole shebang into a lidded container. Refrigerate for at least a few hours, and as long as a day.
- When you are ready to cook, remove the venison from the marinade. Cut the various vegetables into pieces roughly the size of the venison. Carefully skewer them onto two skewers -- doing this makes it much easier to turn the kebabs. I say carefully because you want to watch out for the pointy ends; I've stabbed myself a couple times when I get distracted. When you've made all your skewers, salt everything well and put them back in the fridge.
VENISON KABOBS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
Servings 4Calories 270 per servingTotal Time 26 mins
- Combine chutney and next 3 ingredients in a small bowl; stir well. Brush mixture evenly on kabobs.
- Coat rack of a broiler pan with cooking spray. Place kabobs on rack; broil 5 1/2 inches from heat (with electric oven door partially opened) 8 to 10 minutes or to desired degree of doneness, turning occasionally.
GRILLED VENISON KABOBS | RECIPE | VENISON TENDERLOIN RECIPES, …
TANDOORI VENISON KABOBS | REALTREE CAMO
VENISON AND VEGETABLE KABOBS | MDC TEACHER PORTAL
MARINATED VENISON KABOBS RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
VENISON KABOBS - CANADA IN THE ROUGH
ORANGE BRANDY MOOSE KABOBS RECIPE | VENISON SKEWERS
GRILLED VENISON KABOBS WITH ROMAINE RECIPE | KITA ROBERTS
GRILLED VENISON & CHICKEN KABOBS - FROM MICHIGAN TO THE TABLE
GRILLED VENISON KABOBS - HUNT TO EAT
VENISON KABOB RECIPE – BROKEN ARROW RANCH
VENISON HEART KABOBS RECIPE - PETERSEN'S HUNTING
VENISON STEAK KABOBS YOU’LL LOVE TO GRILL AND SERVE
GRILLED VENISON KABOBS • PRIMAL PIONEER
VENISON KABOBS LATER SWEET AND SMOKY SAUCE - RESCOOKING.COM
ITALIAN VENISON KABOBS RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
VENISON KEBABS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
TRY VENISON KABOBS ON THE GRILL WITH ANY VEGETABLE YOU CAN STAB!
GROUND VENISON KABOBS • PRIMAL PIONEER
VENISON KABOBS RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
SOUVLAKI GREEK-STYLE VENISON KABOBS RECIPE | REALTREE CAMO
VENISON KABOBS – JUS' PIDDLIN BBQ LLC
VENISON KABOBS RECIPE - NORTH AMERICAN WHITETAIL
STEAK KABOBS (WITH THE BEST MARINADE!) - THE RECIPE REBEL
VENISON KOFTA KABOBS - LOUISIANA SPORTSMAN
VENISON AND VEGETABLE KABOBS | MISSOURI DEPARTMENT OF …
VENISON KEBABS - GREEDY GOURMET
VENISON KABOBS RECIPE - FOOD.COM | RECIPE | KABOB RECIPES, …
DELICIOUS VENISON KABOBS ON THE GRILL | RIFLES AND RECIPES
KERRVILLE VENISON KABOBS - WILD GAME RECIPES - HUNTING - TPWD
GRILLED VENISON KABOBS RECIPE | TRAEGER GRILLS
SEASONED VENISON KEBOBS | COOKING WITH DEER MEAT - YOUTUBE
OLD WORLD MARINATED VENISON KABOBS RECIPE - RIFLES & RECIPES
GRILLED VENISON BACKSTRAP KABOBS RECIPE | 365 WHITETAIL | KABOB …
VENISON KABOBS - KEEPING IT RELLE
GRILLED VENISON KABOBS | MISSOURI DEPARTMENT OF CONSERVATION
THE TENPOINT TABLE: CAJUN VENSION KABOBS WITH BRAD FENSON
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #main-dish #barbecue #dietary #wild-game #deer #meat #equipment #grilling
You'll also love