ALMOND TEA CAKES
When I have time-usually in the winter-I love to bake. I make these tea cakes every Christmas, double the recipe and freeze half for later. -Janet Fennema Ringelberg, Troy, Ontario
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 5 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 14
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add eggs and extract; mix well. Add flour and baking powder (dough will be soft). Chill. , For filling, in a small bowl, stir egg white, sugar, almonds and lemon juice. Remove a portion of the dough at a time from the refrigerator. Place 1-in. balls of dough into miniature muffin cups, pressing slightly into sides and bottom. Place 1/2 teaspoon filling into each. Cover with quarter-sized circles of dough. , Brush with a little milk and top with an almond. Bake at 350° until golden, 14-16 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 119 calories, Fat 7g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 23mg cholesterol, Sodium 73mg sodium, Carbohydrate 13g carbohydrate (7g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 1g protein.
TINY CHERRY AND ALMOND TEA CAKES
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Brush 30 cups of 2 mini-muffin tins with butter, and dust lightly with flour.
- Melt butter in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. When it begins to sputter, reduce heat to medium. Cook, swirling skillet occasionally, until butter has lightly browned. Skim foam from top, and remove skillet from heat.
- Whisk together flour, ground almonds, sugar, and salt in a bowl. Add egg whites, and whisk until smooth. Stir in kirsch. Pour in butter, leaving any dark-brown sediment in skillet, and whisk to combine. Let stand for 20 minutes.
- Ladle 1 tablespoon batter into each buttered muffin cup, filling about halfway. Push a cherry into each, keeping stem end up. With a small spoon, smooth batter over cherries to cover. Bake until a toothpick comes out clean and cakes are golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes. Run a knife around edges to loosen, and unmold. Cakes can be stored in airtight containers at room temperature overnight.
ALMOND TEA CAKE
Oh - I just love, love, LOVE this recipe! They are so easy, have a divine almond taste and fantastic texture. The amount of extract may seem surprising, but let me assure you it works perfectly in these chewy, sweet bars. Yield is approx.
Provided by ilovecookies
Categories Bar Cookie
Yield 36 bars, 36 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt butter and then add sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Add extract.
- Add flour and salt, mixing well.
- Pour batter into a large cast-iron skillet (9-11") that has been lined with foil.
- Sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Cool completely and remove foil.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 87.1, Fat 4.2, SaturatedFat 2.5, Cholesterol 21.9, Sodium 35.5, Carbohydrate 11.7, Fiber 0.1, Sugar 8.4, Protein 0.8
ALMOND TEA CAKES
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Grease mini muffin tins and set aside.
- Sift 2 ounce of the sugar, ground almonds and cake flour in a bowl. Add 1 egg white to form a paste. In another bowl whip the 3 egg whites until soft peaks form. Gradually add the remaining sugar. Continue to whip until the meringue is strong but not dry. Fold the meringue into the almond paste mixture and add the heavy cream at the end. Mix well.
- Fill the prepared muffin tins half full. Bake promptly in the pre-heated oven until golden, approximately 8 to 12 minutes, depending on the size of the molds. Cool the tea cakes about 5 minutes before unmolding them on a wire rack. Dust with confection sugar before serving. Store the cakes in an airtight container.
ALMOND TEA CAKES
These are extremely light and delicious. I like them hot, straight out of the oven, without the extra dusted sugar. It's a little chewy and sticky, just the way I like my tea cakes! This recipe is from En-Ming Hsu, Executive Pastry Chef at the Ritz Carlton in Chicago.
Provided by Grace Lynn
Yield 12 tea cakes
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease mini muffin tins and set aside.
- Sift 2 ounces of the sugar, ground almonds and cake flour in a bowl.
- Add 1 egg white to form a paste.
- In another bowl, whip the 3 egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add the remaining sugar.
- Continue to whip until the meringue is strong but not dry.
- Fold the meringue into the almond paste mixture and add the heavy cream at the end.
- Mix well.
- Fill the prepapred mini muffin tins half full.
- Bake promptly in the pre-heated oven until golden, approximately 8 to 12 minutes, depending on the size of the molds.
- Cool the tea cakes about 5 minutes before unmolding them on a wire rack.
- Dust with confectioner's sugar before serving.
- Store cakes in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 83.8, Fat 3.1, SaturatedFat 0.5, Cholesterol 1.7, Sodium 19.8, Carbohydrate 12.1, Fiber 0.5, Sugar 9.8, Protein 2.5
TINY CHERRY AND ALMOND TEA CAKES
Make the most of fresh cherry season by baking the little stone fruits right into charming tea cakes. The cakes, made with ground almonds, brown butter, and egg whites, are similar to financiers, which are small, springy brick-shaped cakes named for their resemblance to gold bullion. These cakes are baked with the pits left inside the cherries (be sure to warn guests before serving). Or, if you prefer, remove the pits before baking, leaving the stems intact.
Yield makes 30 mini
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Brush mini muffin tins with butter; dust with flour, tapping out excess. In a small saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Cook, swirling pan occasionally, until butter is lightly browned and fragrant. Skim foam from top, and remove from heat.
- In a food processor, finely grind almonds (you should have 1 cup), and transfer to a bowl; whisk in flour, sugar, and salt to combine. Add egg whites, and whisk until smooth. Stir in kirsch. Pour in browned butter, leaving any burned sediment behind, and whisk to combine. Let batter rest 20 minutes.
- Fill each prepared cup with 1 tablespoon batter. Push a cherry into batter of each cup, keeping stem end up. With a small spoon, smooth batter over cherries to cover.
- Bake, rotating tins halfway through, until golden brown and a cake tester inserted near cherries comes out clean, 12 to 15 minutes. Transfer tins to wire racks to cool 10 minutes. Run a small offset spatula or knife around edges to loosen; turn out cakes onto racks to cool completely. Cakes can be stored overnight at room temperature in airtight containers.
More about "almond tea cakes recipes"
RECIPE: LEMON ALMOND TEA CAKES | DUNCAN HINES …
EASY ITALIAN ALMOND TEA CAKE - COUNTRY CLEAVER
TOASTED ALMOND TEA CAKE RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
ALMOND TEA CAKES RECIPE - WOMAN'S DAY
RUSSIAN ALMOND TEA CAKES - TEATIME MAGAZINE
ALMOND TEA CAKE - KIRBIE'S CRAVINGS
ALMOND TEA CAKES WITH WILD BLUEBERRY JAM - SAVING …
GREEK ALMOND TEA CAKES RECIPE | MYRECIPES
10 BEST ENGLISH TEA CAKES RECIPES | YUMMLY
ALMOND FLOUR TEA CAKE - GLUTEN FREE CAKE RECIPE – …
FINANCIERS RECIPE - FRENCH ALMOND TEA CAKE BY …
LEMON HONEY-ALMOND TEA CAKES RECIPE BY PAULA DEEN
ALMOND TEA CAKES | KING ARTHUR BAKING
5/5 (21)Total Time 1 hrServings 26-30Calories 130 per serving
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease the cups of a mini-muffin pan., Melt the butter in a medium-sized saucepan set over medium heat.
- Swirl the butter in the pan and continue to cook until it turns golden and smells nutty., Pour the browned butter into a heat-safe bowl, and let it cool to room temperature., In a separate bowl, stir together the almond flour, all-purpose flour, sugar, and salt., Mix in the egg whites, honey, almond extract, and browned butter., Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin cups (a tablespoon cookie scoop works well here).
- Top each cake with a fresh berry or two (or a sprinkle of Jammy Bits, or a dollop of jam)., Bake the cakes for 15 to 18 minutes, until they're golden brown around the edge and firm to the touch in the middle., Remove the cakes from the oven, and cool them in the pan for 5 minutes before turning them out onto a rack to cool completely., Repeat with the remaining batter.
ENGLISH ALMOND TEA CAKES RECIPE | LAND O’LAKES
APRICOT ALMOND UPSIDE DOWN CAKE RECIPES
BLUEBERRY ALMOND TEA CAKE - ENTERTAINING WITH BETH
SWEET ALMOND TEA CAKES + BHM VIRTUAL POTLUCK - HOUSTON FOOD …
ALMOND TEA CAKES | RECIPE | TEA CAKES RECIPES, TEA CAKES, ALMOND …
ALMOND TEA CAKES | RECIPE | TEA CAKES, ALMOND RECIPES, ALMOND TEA
MATCHA ALMOND TEA CAKES - BAKING A MOMENT
ALMOND POPPY SEED TEA CAKES - SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
ALMOND TEA CAKES RECIPE | KITCHEN INFINITY RECIPES
ALMOND TEA CAKE RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
RASPBERRY-ALMOND TEA CAKES - TEATIME MAGAZINE
ALMOND TEA CAKES RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
ALMOND TEA CAKES | HEALTHY RECIPES | WW CANADA
BLUEBERRY ALMOND TEA CAKE - A BEAUTIFUL PLATE
ALMOND TEA CAKE RECIPE HOMADE CAKE WITHOUT OVEN/BAKERY WALA …
CHOCOLATE ALMOND TEA CAKE - KEVIN IS COOKING
ALMOND POPPY SEED TEA CAKES RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
ALMOND CAKE | PERFECT FOR TEA TIME | MIRCHI TALES
RECIPE: HAM N GOODY'S TEA CAKES WITH ALMOND ICING (COPYCAT …
FINANCIERS (FRENCH ALMOND CAKES) - A BAKING JOURNEY
STRAWBERRY ALMOND CAKE - BROMA BAKERY
ALMOND TEA CAKES - PRINTER FRIENDLY - ALLRECIPES.COM
ALMOND TEA CAKES RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
ALMOND TEA CAKES | THE COOK BOOK
FRENCH ALMOND CAKE WITH GREEN TEA HONEY GLAZE
ALMOND TEA CAKE RECIPE - YOGITRITION
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make tea cake with almond flour?Almond flour tea cake is a gluten free cake made with almond flour and eggs. This makes the perfect tea cake for kid's snacks. Preheat oven to 175°C. In a bowl mix together ghee, eggs, water, brown sugar and almond essence. Whisk until well combined. Add in the almond flour and baking powder and whisk.
What is the best recipe for a baked almond cake?In a medium bowl, whisk together the whole wheat pastry flour, almond meal, baking powder, and salt. Reserve and set aside roughly one tablespoon of sliced almonds. Break the remaining almonds with your hands and stir them into the flour mixture. In a stand mixer bowl, combine the sugar and lemon zest.
How to make the financiers recipe (French Almond Tea Cake)?To begin making the Financiers Recipe (French Almond Tea Cake), we will first grease the Financiers Molds or the mini muffin molds and keep aside. Preheat the oven to 200 C. Next to begin making the Almond Tea Cake, we will first add the almond flour, sugar, flour and salt in a bowl.
How do you make tea cakes with butter?Whisk melted butter and 1 Tablespoon of granulated sugar together. Using a pastry brush, brush it into each cup of a 12-count muffin pan. This creates the wonderfully crisp exterior that makes these tea cakes so special. Make the cakes: Whisk the flour, poppy seeds, salt, baking powder, and baking soda together.