APPLE BREAD PUDDING WITH WARM BUTTER SAUCE
- Heat oven to 325°F. Spray bottom and sides of 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, beat 4 whole eggs, 1 egg yolk and 3/4 cup granulated sugar with wire whisk until well blended. Beat in milk, whipping cream, vanilla and 1 teaspoon cinnamon until well blended. Stir in apples and 7 cups of the bread pieces. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Pour apple mixture into baking dish. Lightly press remaining 3 cups bread pieces on top of mixture in baking dish. Brush top of bread with melted butter. In small bowl, mix 2 tablespoons granulated sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon; sprinkle over top.
- Bake 55 to 65 minutes or until top is puffed and light golden brown (center will jiggle slightly). Cool 30 minutes.
- In 1-quart saucepan, heat sauce ingredients to boiling over high heat, stirring constantly, just until butter is melted and sauce is hot. Serve warm bread pudding with sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 520, Carbohydrate 54 g, Cholesterol 175 mg, Fat 5, Fiber 1 g, Protein 8 g, SaturatedFat 18 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 300 mg, Sugar 39 g, TransFat 1 g
APPLE BREAD PUDDING WITH VANILLA BUTTER SAUCE
One of the better recipes for bread pudding. The vanilla sauce recipe may be cut in half if desired, but it is so good, you might just want to prepare it with the stated amounts.
Provided by Kittencalrecipezazz
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter an 11 x 7-inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine bread cubes, raisins and apples.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine 1 cup brown sugar, 1-3/4 cups half and half cream and 1/4 cup butter.
- Cook and stir until butter melts and the mixture is well blended (it does not have to boil).
- Pour over bread mixture in the bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine cinnamon, 1 teaspoon vanilla and eggs.
- Pour the bread mixture into the prepared baking dish, and drizzle egg mixture on top.
- Bake for about 40-45 minutes, or until the center is set, and apple are tender.
- Serve with warm vanilla sauce.
- To make vanilla sauce: Combine white sugar, brown sugar, half and half cream, whipping cream and butter in a saucepan; bring to a boil and simmer for 4 minutes, or until slightly thickened.
- Remove from heat, add in vanilla; mix to combine.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1714.6, Fat 91.2, SaturatedFat 54.8, Cholesterol 349.4, Sodium 1422.4, Carbohydrate 208.2, Fiber 7, Sugar 120.8, Protein 21.7
APPLE BREAD PUDDING WITH CARAMEL DESSERT SAUCE
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 by 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray or butter.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the heavy cream, whole milk, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, vanilla and egg yolks and set aside.
- Add the cubed apples, pecans and cubed bread to the prepared baking dish and toss to combine. Pour the custard over the bread and apple pieces. Carefully toss to coat, making sure that the cubed bread is submerged in the custard, and let stand to allow the bread to soak up the custard, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Bake until the center has set, about 45 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes. Drizzle Caramel Dessert Sauce over the bread pudding. Serve with extra sauce and vanilla ice cream.
- In a heavy-bottomed saucepan, combine the sugar, butter, buttermilk and corn syrup. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and cook for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and slowly add the baking soda (it will foam up), followed by the vanilla and cinnamon. The sauce will thicken as it cools. Serve warm.
APPLE BREAD PUDDING WITH VANILLA SAUCE
This is my husband's absolute favorite bread pudding. I'm torn between this one and the "Old fashioned" version from Southern Living. Both are fantastic. This comes from Rosie's Bakery book which I love despite there not being any pictures!
Provided by greysangel
Yield 9 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 23
- In a large mixing bowl, vigorously whisk the cream, milk, eggs, yolks, brown sugar, salt, vanilla, and ¼ tsp cinnamon until blended.
- Add the bread cubes, apples and raisins, and toss several times with a large wooden spoon to ensure even saturation.
- Refrigerate the pudding for at least 2 hours, tossing the mixture occasionally with the wooden spoon to make sure the bread is soaked.
- Fifteen minutes before baking, preheat the oven to 350. Grease an 8 inch square baking dish with butter. Scoop the pudding into the baking dish. Mix the granulated sugar and the remaining cinnamon together and sprinkle it over the bread pudding.
- Place the baking dish in a shallow baking pan on the center oven rack and pour enough hot water into the large pan to come two thirds of the way up the sides of the pudding baking dish. (This is important as the bath helps the pudding to be fluffy).
- Bake the pudding until the top is golden and crisp and has risen in the center, about 50 minutes.
- Remove the pudding from the water bath and allow it to cool while you make the sauce.
- Scald the cream, all but ¼ cup of the milk, sugar and salt in a heavy medium size saucepan over medium heat.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in the remaining milk in a small cup. Stir it into the cream mixture.
- Bring the mixture to a boil over low heat, whisking constantly. Continue boiling and whisking until the sauce thickens, about 3 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the butter, vanilla and nutmeg. Allow to cool slightly before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 284.4, Fat 16.3, SaturatedFat 9.6, Cholesterol 135.3, Sodium 186.7, Carbohydrate 30.9, Fiber 1.3, Sugar 24.7, Protein 4.8
GRAMMA'S APPLE BREAD PUDDING
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 7x11 inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine bread, raisins, and apples. In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine 1 cup brown sugar, 1 3/4 cups milk, and 1/4 cup margarine. Cook and stir until margarine is melted. Pour over bread mixture in bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, and eggs. Pour bread mixture into prepared dish, and pour egg mixture over bread.
- Bake in preheated oven 40 to 50 minutes, or until center is set and apples are tender.
- While pudding is baking, mix together sugar, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup milk, and 1/2 cup margarine in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, then remove from heat, and stir in 1 teaspoon vanilla. Serve over bread pudding.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 430 calories, Carbohydrate 58.8 g, Cholesterol 52 mg, Fat 20 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 5.6 g, SaturatedFat 4.3 g, Sodium 372 mg, Sugar 46.7 g
APPLE BUTTER BREAD PUDDING
- Place raisins in a small bowl. Cover with boiling water; let stand for 5 minutes. Drain and set aside., Combine apple butter and raisins. Spread over croissant bottoms; replace tops. Cut each croissant into 3 pieces; place in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish., In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla and salt. Pour over croissants; let stand for 30 minutes or until bread is softened., In a small bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over top., Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 433 calories, Fat 14g fat (7g saturated fat), Cholesterol 175mg cholesterol, Sodium 422mg sodium, Carbohydrate 68g carbohydrate (51g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 9g protein.
BEST BREAD PUDDING WITH VANILLA SAUCE
We found this recipe tucked inside my mom's Bible when going through her things. It has become a family tradition on the first snow day of the year and if that doesn't happen, which can be the case here in central Virginia, we know it'll be the featured dessert at Easter and anytime a comfort food is in order.
Provided by Gail Cobile
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a 2-quart baking dish.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk 3 eggs, white sugar, 2 tablespoons of light brown sugar, 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon, 1/4 cup of butter, and 3 cups of whole milk together, and gently stir in the bread cubes and raisins. Lightly spoon the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until browned and set in the middle, 50 to 55 minutes; cover the dish with foil after 30 minutes to prevent excessive browning. Let the pudding stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- For vanilla sauce, whisk 1/2 cup of light brown sugar, the flour, a pinch of cinnamon, 1 egg, 2 tablespoons of melted butter, 1 1/4 cups of whole milk,and salt together in a heavy saucepan until smooth. Heat over medium heat, whisking constantly, until thickened and the sauce coats the back of a spoon, 10 to 12 minutes. Stir in the vanilla extract. Pour sauce over warm bread pudding, or serve on the side in a bowl.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 546.3 calories, Carbohydrate 91.7 g, Cholesterol 128.8 mg, Fat 16.5 g, Fiber 1.6 g, Protein 10.5 g, SaturatedFat 8.9 g, Sodium 387.3 mg, Sugar 72.4 g
APPLE BREAD PUDDING WITH CARAMEL SAUCE
This apple bread pudding with caramel sauce has been in my life for a long time. It's a family fave and always on my buffet when I put together a brunch. It's also special enough for dinner dessert. -Cleo Gonske, Redding, California
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 16 servings (1-3/4 cups sauce).
Number Of Ingredients 20
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add apples, sugar, raisins, walnuts and cinnamon; bring just to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until apples are tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla., For bread pudding, in a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, 1-1/2 cups sugar, cream, vanilla and nutmeg until blended. Stir in bread cubes and apple mixture. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining sugar. Bake, uncovered, 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean., For caramel sauce, in a small heavy saucepan, combine sugar and water; stir gently to moisten all the sugar. Cook over medium-low heat, gently swirling pan occasionally, until sugar is dissolved. Cover; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook 1 minute., Uncover pan; continue to boil until syrup turns a medium amber color. Immediately remove from heat and carefully stir in cream and butter. Serve with warm bread pudding.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 606 calories, Fat 27g fat (15g saturated fat), Cholesterol 149mg cholesterol, Sodium 312mg sodium, Carbohydrate 87g carbohydrate (68g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 8g protein.
More about "apple bread pudding with vanilla butter sauce recipes"
APPLE BREAD PUDDING WITH WARM VANILLA BUTTER SAUCE …
- To make the bread pudding, in a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, heavy cream, milk, vanilla extract, sugar and salt, set aside.
- Add the challa bread, apples and raisins in a buttered baking pan, pour the custard mixture over top, press gently all over to help the custard soak in the bread, then cover with plastic wrap and pop it in the fridge for a couple hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, bake the pudding for about an hour or until puffed, golden and set in the center, set aside to cool slightly while you make the sauce.
- To make the sauce, add the butter, both kinds of sugar, heavy cream, milk and salt to a saucepan, bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce the heat to medium low and simmer for about 4 to 5 minutes, add the vanilla, stir it in and allow it to cool a bit before serving.
GRANDMA’S APPLE BREAD PUDDING WITH VANILLA SAUCE RECIPE
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
APPLE BREAD PUDDING WITH VANILLA SAUCE - PALLET AND PANTRY
BEST GREEN APPLE BREAD PUDDING RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
BREAD PUDDING WITH VANILLA SAUCE - RECİPES - FORUM FAVORI
BREAD PUDDING APPLE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
VERY BEST BREAD PUDDING WITH BUTTERY VANILLA SAUCE
APPLE BREAD PUDDING WITH VANILLA BUTTER SAUCE - YOUTUBE
APPLE BREAD PUDDING WITH WARM VANILLA BUTTER SAUCE RECIPE
APPLE BUTTER BREAD PUDDING RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
APPLE BREAD PUDDING WITH WARM VANILLA BUTTER SAUCE RECIPE
CARAMEL APPLE BREAD PUDDING WITH CARAMEL BOURBON VANILLA …
APPLE PIE BREAD PUDDING WITH VANILLA SAUCE - OH SWEET BASIL
APPLE BREAD PUDDING RECIPES WITH FRESH APPLES
APPLE BUTTER BREAD PUDDING RECIPE
APPLE BREAD PUDDING WITH VANILLA SAUCE - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
APPLE BREAD PUDDING WITH VANILLA SAUCE RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
APPLE BREAD PUDDING WITH LUSCIOUS VANILLA SAUCE - PRAY COOK BLOG
BEST APPLE RAISIN BREAD PUDDING RECIPE - ANGRY BAKER
APPLE BREAD PUDDING - BUTTER WITH A SIDE OF BREAD
FRIED APPLE BREAD PUDDING : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
OLD-FASHIONED BREAD PUDDING WITH VANILLA SAUCE RECIPE | LAND …
BREAD PUDDING WITH BUTTER SAUCE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
APPLE BREAD PUDDING WITH VANILLA BUTTER SAUCE RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
APPLE BREAD PUDDING WITH WARM VANILLA BUTTER SAUCE RECIPE
APPLE BREAD AND BUTTER PUDDING - DELIGHTFUL REPAST
APPLE BREAD PUDDING WITH VANILLA SAUCE RECIPE - COOKEATSHARE
APPLE BREAD PUDDING WITH VANILLA SAUCE - WORKMAN PUBLISHING
BREAD PUDDING WITH EVAPORATED MILK RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
APPLE BREAD PUDDING WITH WARM VANILLA BUTTER SAUCE
APPLE PIE BREAD PUDDING... - RECIPES, REMEDIES AND COOL STUFF
APPLE BREAD PUDDING WITH VANILLA SAUCE | COOKING MAMAS
SIMPLE PUDDING RECIPES - EID.CO.JP
APPLE PIE BREAD PUDDING - CAKESCOTTAGE
BREAD PUDDING WITH VANILLA SAUCE | CAROL AVERILL BRYNER | COPY ME …
APPLE PUDDING WITH VANILLA SAUCE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
#time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #cobblers-and-crisps #desserts #eggs-dairy #fruit #easy #beginner-cook #holiday-event #kid-friendly #dietary #christmas #apples #brunch #taste-mood #sweet #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love