In the South, cole slaw is a must at big get-togethers. To modernize it, I add my favorite Arkansas Black apples and swap more than half of the usual mayo with yogurt, but it's still that classic Southern slaw that everyone loves.
Provided by Hugh Acheson
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 13
- For the salad: Cut the cabbage around the core and julienne. Place in a large bowl and set aside. Core and julienne the apples and add them to the cabbage. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt. Add the scallion and celery to the cabbage/apple mixture.
- For the dressing: Combine the yogurt, mayonnaise, half the lime juice, vinegar, cumin, and pepper in a small bowl. Add the remaining lime juice to the cabbage/apple mixture to prevent the apples from oxidizing. Season the dressing with salt to taste. Pour over the cabbage/apple mixture and set aside. Roughly chop the parsley and mint and add to the slaw. Toss to coat and let rest several minutes for the flavors to macerate. (Slaw can be made and refrigerated up to two hours in advance.)
- Place slaw in a dish and serve.
EASY APPLE COLESLAW
- In a large bowl, combine cabbage, red apple, green apple, carrot, red bell pepper, and green onions. In a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise, brown sugar, and lemon juice. Pour dressing over salad.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 137.1 calories, Carbohydrate 25.2 g, Cholesterol 3.4 mg, Fat 4.5 g, Fiber 2.3 g, Protein 1 g, SaturatedFat 0.7 g, Sodium 107.6 mg, Sugar 19.5 g
APPLE CABBAGE COLESLAW
This cool, crunchy salad is perfect for hot summer days when family reunions, picnics and weddings are in full bloom!-Emma Magielda, Amsterdam, New York
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 90-95 (1/2-cup) servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients; mix well. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour. , Toss apples with lemon juice. Combine apples and cabbage; mix well. Just before serving, add dressing and toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts :
EASY APPLE CABBAGE SLAW
- Toss cabbage, apple, and onions together in a large bowl.
- Whisk vinegar, sugar, olive oil, vegetable oil, Dijon mustard, and red pepper flakes together in a saucepan over medium heat; bring dressing to a simmer. Pour hot dressing over cabbage mixture and toss to coat. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate until flavors blend and slaw is cold, at least 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 141.3 calories, Carbohydrate 16.9 g, Fat 8.2 g, Fiber 2.3 g, Protein 1.1 g, SaturatedFat 1.2 g, Sodium 52.4 mg, Sugar 13.9 g
APPLE CABBAGE SLAW
This apple cabbage slaw is sweet, colorful and crunchy. It's a refreshing side dish anytime of the year. Mom stored apples and cabbage in the root cellar, so she fixed this dish frequently to feed our big family.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a large bowl, toss the cabbage and apples. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over cabbage mixture and toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 53 calories, Fat 0 fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 1mg cholesterol, Sodium 26mg sodium, Carbohydrate 12g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
APPLE, CABBAGE AND POPPY SEED COLESLAW
- In a large bowl, combine cabbage, carrots, apples, green onions and vinegar.
- In another bowl, whisk together sour cream, mayo, apple juice and poppy seeds until well blended.
- Add dressing to cabbage mixture, season with salt and pepper and toss to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate 1-2 hours before serving.
CABBAGE AND APPLE SLAW
- In a large bowl, combine the green and red cabbages; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the mayo, sourcream, vinegar, celery seed, salt, and pepper. Add the apple(the apple should look almost like matchsticks).
- Pour over the cabbage and toss gently until coated. Cover and chill 1 hour or longer. Sprinkle with parsley to serve.
More about "apple cabbage coleslaw recipes"
AMAZING APPLE CABBAGE COLESLAW - MINNEOPA ORCHARDS
Cuisine AmericanCategory ApplesServings 10Total Time 4 hrs 15 mins
GREEN APPLE CABBAGE SUMMER COLESLAW RECIPE | FOODTALK
APPLE-CABBAGE SLAW | FOOD NETWORK HEALTHY EATS: RECIPES, IDEAS, …
APPLE CABBAGE SLAW WITH MAPLE VINAIGRETTE - THIS FARM GIRL COOKS
PURPLE CABBAGE AND APPLE SLAW RECIPE - COUNTRY GROCER
GREEN APPLE COLESLAW | 12 TOMATOES
EASY APPLE SLAW WITH TANGY DRESSING NO CABBAGE MAYO
APPLE CABBAGE COLE SLAW RECIPE - EATING RICHLY
MIXED CABBAGE APPLE COLESLAW - JO COOKS
WARM APPLE-CABBAGE SLAW RECIPE | EATINGWELL
APPLE CIDER VINEGAR COLESLAW (NO MAYO!) - STEPHANIE KAY
CRANBERRY, ALMOND, & APPLE SLAW RECIPE - COOKING CLASSY
APPLE-CARROT (& CABBAGE) COLESLAW - THE NOURISHING HOME
RECIPES USING MARZETTI COLESLAW DRESSING - DIRECTRANKSEO.COM
CREAMY APPLE CABBAGE COLESLAW RECIPE - WONKYWONDERFUL
APPLE, BACON, AND CABBAGE SLAW RECIPE - FOOD & WINE
CREAMY APPLE SLAW RECIPE - SPEND WITH PENNIES
THE BEST COLESLAW RECIPE - EASY & DELICIOUS | MOM ON TIMEOUT
10 MINUTE APPLE CABBAGE SLAW - LENA'S KITCHEN
CABBAGE AND APPLE SLAW RECIPE | MYRECIPES
APPLE COLE SLAW - RECIPE GIRL
CREAMY APPLE COLESLAW ( QUICK + EASY RECIPE) - THE SIMPLE …
APPLE-CABBAGE SLAW RECIPE - THE MOUNTAIN KITCHEN
RED CABBAGE COLESLAW WITH APPLE & CARROT (NO MAYO)
BEST COLESLAW RECIPE WITH APPLE CIDER VINEGAR
GREEN APPLE COLESLAW RECIPE • VEGGIE SOCIETY
MUSTARDY CABBAGE AND APPLE SLAW RECIPE - FOOD & WINE
CABBAGE AND GREEN APPLE COLESLAW RECIPE - FED & FIT
APPLE CABBAGE SLAW WITH BROWN SUGAR CIDER VINAIGRETTE
SPIRALIZED APPLE CABBAGE SLAW - SKINNYTASTE
APPLE CABBAGE SLAW WITH CREAMY POPPY SEED DRESSING - SIMPLY …
APPLE-CABBAGE COLESLAW | MCCALLUM'S SHAMROCK PATCH
CREAMY APPLE COLE SLAW - Салат с Капусты - NATASHA'S KITCHEN
APPLE AND CABBAGE SLAW - A BOUNTIFUL KITCHEN
APPLE COLESLAW (ONE POT) | ONE POT RECIPES
APPLE ‘N CABBAGE SLAW WITH A LIGHT CIDER VINAIGRETTE
GREEN APPLE SLAW RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
APPLE COLESLAW-EASY RECIPE - THE SOUTHERN LADY COOKS
APPLE SLAW RECIPE - EASY, HEALTHY, VEGAN - TWO SPOONS
APPLE-CABBAGE SLAW RECIPE | RACHAEL RAY
#15-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #salads #side-dishes #fruit #vegetables #easy #dietary #apples #3-steps-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make apple cabbage slaw with dressing?The Dressing:Whole-grain mustard, vegetable oil (any neutral oil), apple cider vinegar, honey, and Kosher salt, and freshly cracked black pepper to taste How To Make Apple Cabbage Slaw In an extra-large bowl, combine the apple, coleslaw, and green onion. In a separate small bowl, whisk together mustard, oil, vinegar, and honey.
What is your favorite apple coleslaw recipe?Apple coleslaw is wonderful for any occasion. 2 apples, unpeeled and chopped, (can use 1 red and 1 green,. I used red delicious) 1/4 to 1/2 cup chopped onion, (I used purple because I think it is prettier but could use regular or green onion) Combine cabbage, shredded carrot, chopped apples, onion and celery seeds and toss.
How do you make coleslaw salad dressing?Add the sliced cabbage, apples and green onions to the large mixing bowl. Adding the sliced ingredients to the large mixing bowl. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, rice vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper and Kinder’s and/or Nature’s Seasoning. Whisking the coleslaw dressing.
What is the best way to make cabbage salad?For variety, you can also use broccoli slaw or shredded red cabbage. 1 Mackintosh, Gala or Fuji apple, cored and diced (and peeled if desired) In a large bowl, whisk together the apple cider, vinegar, oil and honey mustard. Add the slaw mix and apple and mix well. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Love Your Cabbage!