BARBECUED TURKEY LEGS
Wishing you were at the game? Raise a giant drumstick -- in spirit -- with all the other Hawkeye football fans at the University of Iowa. These massive barbecued bird legs are a tailgating tradition at the black-and-gold school. Now you can make them at home with an easy dry brine that eliminates the need for submerging them in a big pot of salted water.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 8 turkey legs
Number Of Ingredients 9
- The day before, make a dry brine: Put 2 wire racks on 2 rimmed baking sheets. Mix together the sugar, chili powder, mustard powder, garlic powder, cayenne and 1/2 cup salt. Pat the turkey drumsticks dry. Put 2 drumsticks in a large shallow bowl and sprinkle generously with the dry brine, rubbing it into every nook and cranny. Transfer to one of the wire racks. Working in batches, sprinkle and rub the remaining drumsticks with the dry brine and transfer to the wire racks. Sprinkle the drumsticks on the racks with any remaining dry brine. Refrigerate, uncovered, for at least 8 hours and preferably up to 24 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Bake the drumsticks, rotating the baking sheets front to back and top to bottom halfway through cooking, until golden brown and an instant-read thermometer measures at least 200 degrees F, about 2 hours. Let cool to room temperature. Transfer the drumsticks to large re-sealable plastic bags. (The turkey can be made ahead up to this point and refrigerated for up to 24 hours.)
- Preheat a gas grill to medium-low or prepare a charcoal for medium-low indirect heat: bank one chimney starter-full of lit and ashed-over charcoal briquettes to one side of the grill. Set up a drip pan on the other side to avoid flare-ups. (Be sure to consult the grill manufacturer's guide for best results).
- Brush the grill grates with oil. Put the drumsticks on the grill (or indirect side if using charcoal) and cook, turning and basting with the barbecue sauce every 5 minutes, until the drumsticks are deep amber on the outside and heated through, about 15 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes, then wrap the exposed bone-end of each drumstick with foil and serve while warm.
ASIAN BBQ TURKEY DRUMSTICKS
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Number Of Ingredients 14
- For the rub: Mix the five-spice powder, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, granulated garlic, and onion powder together in a bowl. Smear the spices all over the drumsticks. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Prepare an outdoor grill with a medium-hot fire on one side of the grill for both direct and indirect cooking. Position a drip pan under the grate on the cool side. Toss 1/2 cup soaked wood chips onto the coals.
- Lay the turkey legs on the grate over the drip pan. Cover the grill and position the lid's vent holes directly over the meat. When the fire dies down, after 45 minutes or so, add about a 1/2 dozen pieces of cold charcoal and the remaining wood chips to maintain a medium to medium-low smoky fire.
- Meanwhile, make the mop: Whisk together the garlic, ginger, vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, hoisin, chili sauce, and scallions.
- Set aside about half the sauce for serving. After about 1 hour, mop the turkey drumsticks with some of the mop and flip. Mop and flip every 10 minutes or so until the legs are browned and glazed and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh registers about 170 degrees F, 30 to 40 minutes more. Serve the drumsticks with the reserved mop on the side.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 580 calorie, Fat 18 grams, SaturatedFat 5 grams, Cholesterol 395 milligrams, Sodium 1126 milligrams, Carbohydrate 6 grams, Fiber 0.5 grams, Protein 93 grams
GRILLED HULI HULI TURKEY DRUMSTICKS
I'm never one to do things traditionally, so when it came time to hosting Thanksgiving, I went in a completely tropical direction. Borrowing my favorite Hawaiian chicken recipe, I substituted turkey legs and have never looked back. -Jacyn Siebert, San Francisco, California
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Mix the first 6 ingredients. Reserve 1-1/3 cups for basting; cover and refrigerate. Pour remaining marinade into a large baking dish. Add drumsticks and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight., Drain turkey, discarding marinade. Place turkey on greased grill rack. Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat, 40-45 minutes or until a thermometer reads 175°,. Turn drumsticks occasionally throughout cooking. Baste often with reserved marinade during the last 10 minutes. Let stand 15 minutes; garnish with green onions.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 486 calories, Fat 20g fat (6g saturated fat), Cholesterol 171mg cholesterol, Sodium 671mg sodium, Carbohydrate 16g carbohydrate (15g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 57g protein.
ASIAN TURKEY BARBECUE ON SESAME SCALLION TOASTS
You will never recognize your leftover holiday turkey when you combine it with Asian ingredients to create this delicious yet quick and easy dish. You may end up making turkey just to have leftovers for this dish!
Provided by Janice Elder
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat the broiler.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, whisk together hoisin sauce, barbeque sauce, ginger and 1 tablespoon sesame oil. Mix in turkey, salt, pepper and green onions, gently tossing until all ingredients are well blended. Cook approximately 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix the remaining sesame oil and remaining green onions. Brush the cut sides of the English muffins lightly with the mixture. Place the muffin halves face up on a medium baking sheet.
- Broil English muffins 2 minutes, or until lightly toasted. Remove from heat and top with turkey mixture. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 443.6 calories, Carbohydrate 41.9 g, Cholesterol 80.4 mg, Fat 13.8 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 36.2 g, SaturatedFat 3 g, Sodium 785.4 mg, Sugar 10.2 g
BARBECUED TURKEY DRUMSTICKS
- Arrange drumsticks in a casserole dish; salt, pepper and add 1/2 cup water.
- Cover tightly and bake at 350°F for 2- 2 1/2 hours.
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- Melt butter in baking pan; turn drumsticks in butter and bake, uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350°F; mix catsup, brown sugar, dry mustard and nutmeg; pour over drumsticks.
- Bake uncovered 15 minutes more.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 356.4, Fat 19, SaturatedFat 9.5, Cholesterol 105, Sodium 1664.3, Carbohydrate 25.9, Fiber 0.3, Sugar 24.6, Protein 21.4
GRILLED ASIAN CHICKEN DRUMSTICKS
- Heat gas or charcoal grill. In small bowl, mix all ingredients except chicken; brush mixture over chicken.
- Place chicken, bone sides down, on grill over medium heat. Cover grill; cook 15 to 20 minutes. Turn chicken. Cover grill; cook 20 to 40 minutes longer, turning 2 or 3 times, until juice of chicken is clear when thickest part is cut to bone (180°F).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 250, Carbohydrate 1 g, Cholesterol 85 mg, Fat 1/2, Fiber 0 g, Protein 29 g, SaturatedFat 4 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 630 mg, Sugar 0 g, TransFat 0 g
ROASTED TURKEY DRUMSTICKS WITH STAR ANISE AND SOY SAUCE
Back in 2011, Melissa Clark revisited the turkey. "Just because we don't think to make it the star of a meal in May doesn't mean turkey won't taste as good as it did in November," she wrote. She took several approaches: cooking the parts separately, then braising them slowly; simmering ground turkey with pancetta for a ragù; and this one, where turkey drumsticks are coated in a mixture featuring soy sauce, honey and star anise, then cooked in a 400-degree oven. It's a worthy weekend meal, or one for a weekday when work gets out early. Pair it with white rice, to sop up the reserved marinade.
Provided by Melissa Clark
Categories dinner, easy, weekday, main course
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a small saucepan, combine 1/2 cup water, soy sauce, honey, sherry, scallions, ginger, star anise and garlic. Simmer over low heat for 10 minutes. Whisk in the oil. Reserve 1/4 cup of the marinade.
- Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil. Pat the drumsticks dry; season with salt and pepper and place on prepared pan. Brush turkey all over with half the remaining marinade (leave as much of the solids in the saucepan as possible). Scatter star anise over drumsticks (some will fall on baking pan, and that's fine). Marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees. Roast drumsticks, turning and basting with more of the marinade occasionally, until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the meat registers 165 degrees, 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Drizzle with reserved marinade before serving.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 669, UnsaturatedFat 24 grams, Carbohydrate 30 grams, Fat 33 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 64 grams, SaturatedFat 7 grams, Sodium 2017 milligrams, Sugar 24 grams, TransFat 0 grams
ITALIAN TURKEY DRUMSTICKS
Betty Crocker's Great Grilling cookbook shares a recipe! Divine drumsticks from the grill with only six ingredients. Delizioso!
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Place turkey, salt and garlic in 12-inch skillet; add enough water to cover. Heat to boiling; reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes or until turkey is tender; drain.
- Brush grill rack with vegetable oil. Heat coals or gas grill for direct heat.
- Mix spaghetti sauce, wine and oil; brush over turkey.
- Cover and grill turkey 4 to 6 inches from medium heat 30 to 40 minutes, brushing occasionally with sauce mixture and turning after 20 minutes, until very tender and well browned. Discard any remaining sauce mixture.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 360, Carbohydrate 8 g, Cholesterol 120 mg, Fiber 1 g, Protein 41 g, SaturatedFat 5 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 900 mg
GRILLED TURKEY DRUMSTICKS
- Place turkey drumsticks in a large shallow dish.
- Combine remaining ingredients, stirring well.
- Pour over drumsticks, cover and marinate in refrigerator 8 hours, turning drumsticks occasionally.
- Drain drumsticks, reserving marinade.
- Wrap each drumstick and 1/4 cup marinade in heavy-duty aluminum foil.
- Grill over medium coals 1 hour, turning after 30 minutes.
- Remove foil, reserving marinade.
- Return drumsticks to grill, and continue cooking 30-40 minutes, basting frequently with reserved marinade.
More about "asian bbq turkey drumsticks recipes"
GRILLED TURKEY DRUMSTICKS RECIPES | SPARKRECIPES
GRILLED BUTTERMILK TURKEY DRUMSTICKS RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
OVEN BARBECUED TURKEY DRUMSTICKS RECIPES - FOOD NEWS
ASIAN BBQ TURKEY DRUMSTICKS – RECIPES NETWORK
STICKY CHICKEN DRUMSTICKS - LAUREN'S LATEST
KUNG PAO TURKEY DRUMSTICKS RECIPE - GRAHAM ELLIOT | FOOD & WINE
BBQ TURKEY DRUMSTICKS - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
10 BEST TURKEY DRUMSTICKS RECIPES | YUMMLY
18 MUST-TRY ASIAN GRILLING AND BBQ RECIPES - OMNIVORE'S …
BARBECUE TURKEY LEGS RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
BBQ TURKEY DRUMSTICKS | TASTEOFBBQ.COM
KOREAN GLAZED CHICKEN DRUMSTICKS - THE STAY AT HOME CHEF
OVEN BARBECUED TURKEY DRUMSTICKS - READER'S DIGEST
ASIAN BBQ TURKEY DRUMSTICKS RECIPE : FOOD NETWORK KITCHENS : …
ASIAN GLAZED CHICKEN DRUMSTICKS - SKINNYTASTE
10 BEST ASIAN CHICKEN DRUMSTICKS RECIPES | YUMMLY
DELICIOUS EASY ASIAN GRILLED DRUMSTICKS RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
SWEET & STICKY BBQ TURKEY LEGS - A PRETTY LIFE IN THE SUBURBS
ASIAN BBQ TURKEY DRUMSTICKS | RECIPE | BBQ TURKEY, ASIAN BBQ, …
GRILLED TURKEY DRUMSTICKS - JAMIE GELLER
KOREAN BBQ CHICKEN DRUMSTICKS - COOKING MADE HEALTHY
OVEN-BARBECUED TURKEY DRUMSTICKS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
BBQ TURKEY LEGS | OVER THE FIRE COOKING
ASIAN CHICKEN DRUMSTICKS - A FAMILY FEAST®
GRILLED ASIAN DRUMSTICKS | MYRECIPES RECIPE
ASIAN CHICKEN DRUMSTICKS RECIPE (GRILLED) - MOM FOODIE
ASIAN BBQ TURKEY DRUMSTICKS RECIPE
ROASTED ASIAN DRUMSTICKS - WILL COOK FOR SMILES
ASIAN OVEN BARBEQUED DRUMSTICKS - FOODWHIRL
HOW TO BBQ TURKEY DRUMSTICKS RECIPE - PLANET BARBECUE
GRILLED ASIAN DRUMSTICKS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
HOISIN-GLAZED BBQ TURKEY DRUMSTICKS | RECIPE | BBQ TURKEY, FOOD …
SWEET 'N SPICY ASIAN GLAZED GRILLED DRUMSTICKS - SKINNYTASTE
TURKEY DRUMSTICKS - VEGGIES BY CANDLELIGHT
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best way to cook turkey drumsticks?Soaking the drumsticks in a brine before cooking is not only easy but it guarantee's the turkey meat stays full of flavor and juicy for the longer cooking time. Baste a couple times with a lemon peppercorn butter and then slather on a nice zesty BBQ sauce to give these drumsticks a nice sticky gooey crust. For the butter mixture:
How to cook chicken drumsticks on the grill?Place the chicken drumsticks in a large resealable bag. Pour the marinade on top and seal bag; turn to coat evenly with marinade. Refrigerate for a minimum of 8 hours, turning occasionally. Set grill to medium heat. Remove the chicken and discard the marinade. Place the chicken on a baking sheet, and pat any excess marinade off with a paper towel.
How long do you cook drumsticks in sauce?After 20 minutes start slathering some of your favorite BBQ sauce on the drumsticks and continue to turn and slather more sauce on every 20 minutes.
How much oil do you use to cook chicken drumsticks?Drizzle 1 Tb olive oil into each pan. When the oil is hot place the drumsticks into the pans and allow them to brown on both sides. 4. While the chicken browns, grab a large glass measuring cup to prepare the sauce.