BABA GANOUSH RECIPE
Here is how to make the best baba ganoush, the smoky, rich, and extra creamy eggplant dip, packed with flavor thanks to tahini, garlic, and lemon juice. Grilling the eggplant over open flame will give you the deepest flavor. And if you have the time, allow the dip to chill in the fridge for 30 minutes to 1 hour. It will thicken and the flavors will meld. Be sure to watch the video and read the notes for additional tips!
Provided by Suzy Karadsheh
Number Of Ingredients 10
- First, smoke or grill the eggplant. Turn one gas burner on medium-high. Place the eggplant directly over the flame. Using a pair of tongs, turn the eggplant every 5 minutes or so until it is tender and the skin is charred and crispy on all sides (20 minutes.) The eggplant should deflate and become super tender. supposed to. If you don't have a gas burner you can use a grill. You can also roast the eggplant in the oven (see notes).
- Remove the eggplant from the heat and transfer it to a large colander over a bowl. Allow it to sit and drain for a few minutes until fully cooled and all excess water has been drained (it helps if you open the eggplant up a bit and push on it with a knife or a spoon to help it release its juices).
- Once the eggplant is cool enough to touch, peel the charred crispy skin off (it should come right off). Discard the skin and the stem (don't worry if a few bits of the skin remain, that is just added flavor).
- Transfer the cooked and fully drained eggplant to a bowl. Use a fork to break it down into smaller pieces. Add the tahini paste, garlic, lemon juice, Greek yogurt (if using) salt, pepper, sumac, Aleppo pepper or crushed red pepper flakes. Mix gently with a wooden spoon or a fork until well-combined.
- Cover the baba ganoush and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes to an hour.
- To serve, transfer the baba ganoush to a rimmed serving dish or a bowl. Top with a good drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and toasted pine nuts, if you like. Serve with pita wedges or pita chips and veggies of your choice!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 86.6 kcal, Sodium 204.4 mg, Fat 5.6 g, SaturatedFat 0.8 g, Carbohydrate 8.6 g, Fiber 3.3 g, Protein 3 g, Cholesterol 0.1 mg, UnsaturatedFat 2 g, ServingSize 1 serving
BABA GANOUSH - THE BEST IN THE WORLD!
Make and share this Baba Ganoush - the Best in the World! recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Mimi Bobeck
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Prepare a medium-hot fire in a charcoal grill.
- Preheat an oven to 375°F.
- Prick the eggplant with a fork in several places and place on the grill rack 4 to 5 inches from the fire.
- Grill, turning frequently, until the skin blackens and blisters and the flesh just begins to feel soft, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Transfer the eggplant to a baking sheet and bake until very soft, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, let cool slightly, and peel off and discard the skin.
- Place the eggplant flesh in a bowl.
- Using a fork, mash the eggplant to a paste.
- Add the 1/4 cup tahini, the garlic, the 1/4 cup lemon juice and the cumin and mix well.
- Season with salt, then taste and add more tahini and/or lemon juice, if needed.
- Transfer the mixture to a serving bowl and spread with the back of a spoon to form a shallow well.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the top and sprinkle with the parsley.
- Place the olives around the sides.
- Serve at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 103.6, Fat 7.3, SaturatedFat 1, Sodium 10, Carbohydrate 9.1, Fiber 4.1, Sugar 2.4, Protein 2.9
Provided by Ellie Krieger
Yield 4 (1/3 cup) servings
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Prick eggplant with a fork and place on a cookie sheet lined with foil. Bake the eggplant until it is soft inside, about 20 minutes. Alternatively, grill the eggplant over a gas grill, rotating it around until the skin is completely charred, about 10 minutes. Let the eggplant cool. Cut the eggplant in half lengthwise, drain off the liquid, and scoop the pulp into a food processor. Process the eggplant until smooth and transfer to a medium bowl.
- On a cutting board, work garlic and 1/4 teaspoon salt together with the flat side of a knife, until it forms a paste. Add the garlic-salt mixture to the eggplant. Stir in the parsley, tahini, and lemon juice. Season with more salt, to taste. Garnish with additional parsley.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 76 calorie, Fat 4 grams, SaturatedFat 1 grams, Cholesterol 0 milligrams, Sodium 153 milligrams, Carbohydrate 9 grams, Fiber 4 grams, Protein 3 grams, Sugar 3 grams
As sesame tahini sits, the oil separates, so the mixture should be stirred before it's used. Sesame tahini should be slightly runny - virtually all of the imported brands that I use have this consistency, but domestic versions can be thick and pasty, and a bit flavorless. You can find imported tahini in Mediterranean markets and in many grocery stores. It must be stored in the refrigerator once opened. Baba ghanouj is a signature Middle Eastern grilled eggplant puree enriched with tahini and seasoned with lemon juice and lots of garlic. The dish has a smoky, pungent flavor. Don't forget to pierce the eggplant before you put it on the grill. You can also grill it inside over a gas flame.
Provided by Martha Rose Shulman
Categories dips and spreads, appetizer
Yield About 2 cups
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Prepare a hot gas or charcoal grill. Pierce the eggplants in several places with a fork or the tip of a knife, and place over the hot coals. Grill, turning regularly, until soft and blackened all over. If you don't have a grill but do have a gas stove, preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Cover the top of your stove under the burner grates with foil to facilitate cleaning. Turn on your oven fan (so the smoke alarm won't go off), and roast the eggplants directly over the flame, turning often until charred and softened. Small, thin eggplants will cook through this way, but larger eggplants must be finished in the oven. Wrap in foil, and place in the hot oven for 20 minutes until thoroughly softened. You can also roast the eggplant under a broiler until charred and softened. The flavor of the baba ganoush will not be as smoky.
- Place the grilled eggplant in a colander in the sink, and allow to cool and drain. Peel and discard the black skins, cut off the stems, and let the eggplants sit in the colander to drain for another 15 to 30 minutes.
- Puree the eggplant in a food processor fitted with the steel blade. Add the lemon juice, yogurt and tahini. In a mortar and pestle, pound the garlic to a paste with a generous pinch of salt. Add to the food processor, and blend with the eggplant. Add salt to taste.
- Mound the puree in a bowl or on a platter, and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve with pita bread.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 188, UnsaturatedFat 10 grams, Carbohydrate 19 grams, Fat 12 grams, Fiber 8 grams, Protein 5 grams, SaturatedFat 2 grams, Sodium 629 milligrams, Sugar 9 grams
This deliciously easy smoky aubergine dip is perfect with warm flatbreads or pittas, or serve with other Middle Eastern dishes as part of a mezze
Provided by Esther Clark
Categories Condiment, Lunch, Side dish, Snack
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Heat the grill to its highest setting. Put the aubergines on a baking sheet and grill for 35-40 mins or until completely softened, blackened and blistered, turning them halfway through with a pair of tongs. Set aside and leave to cool completely.
- Once your aubergines are cool enough to handle, gently peel off the charred skin and discard. Transfer the flesh to the large bowl of a food processor along with 30ml of the oil, the coriander, cumin, tahini, lemon and half the parsley. Season and pulse the flesh three or four times to create a chunky textured dip.
- Transfer the dip to a bowl and drizzle with the remaining oil, scatter over any leftover parsley and serve with warm flatbreads or pitta.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 167 calories, Fat 15 grams fat, SaturatedFat 2 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 3 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 3 grams sugar, Fiber 4 grams fiber, Protein 3 grams protein, Sodium 0.02 milligram of sodium
A roasted eggplant dip or spread. Delicious served with pita or vegetables, alongside hummus or on its own!
Provided by Becky
Categories Side Dish Vegetables Eggplant
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Place eggplant on baking sheet, and make holes in the skin with a fork. Roast it for 30 to 40 minutes, turning occasionally, or until soft. Remove from oven, and place into a large bowl of cold water. Remove from water, and peel skin off.
- Place eggplant, lemon juice, tahini, sesame seeds, and garlic in an electric blender, and puree. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Transfer eggplant mixture to a medium size mixing bowl, and slowly mix in olive oil. Refrigerate for 3 hours before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 66 calories, Carbohydrate 4.6 g, Fat 5.2 g, Fiber 2.2 g, Protein 1.6 g, SaturatedFat 0.7 g, Sodium 7 mg, Sugar 1.2 g
Provided by Michael Symon : Food Network
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Set up your grill for indirect heat. If using a charcoal grill, build the coals on one side only. If using a gas grill, heat one side only.
- Prick the eggplants all over the surface with a fork. Place on the direct heat side of the grill or directly on to the coals, close the lid of the grill and char on all sides, turning once the skin begins to darken and crack, about 5 minutes per side. When the eggplants have softened through, remove to a resealable bag and allow to steam for a few minutes. When cool enough to handle, peel the eggplants and discard the skin and most of the seeds.
- In the meantime, make the tehina. Break up the garlic cloves into a blender or food processor, leaving them in their papery skins. Add the lemon juice and salt and blend into a pulpy purée. Press the mixture though a strainer set over a bowl containing the tahini. Whisk to combine; the mixture will thicken and seize up. Whisk in the ice water, smoothing out into a loose sauce.
- Add the cleaned eggplant to a blender or food processor while still warm. Pour in all the tehina and blend until smooth. Taste and adjust the seasoning, adding more salt and lemon juice if needed. Serve with olive oil drizzled over the top.
Baba ganoush (also spelled baba ghanoush or baba ghanouj) is a Lebanese dip made with roasted eggplant. It's typically served as a starter with pita bread or fresh vegetables. -Nithya Narasimhan, Chennai, Alabama
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings (1 cup).
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 450°. Cut eggplant in half lengthwise. Place cut side up on an ungreased baking sheet. Brush 1 tablespoon olive oil over cut sides. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and paprika. Bake until dark golden brown, 20-25 minutes. Remove eggplant from pan to a wire rack to cool., Peel skin from eggplant; discard. Put flesh into a food processor and pulse to mash; transfer to bowl. Stir in tahini, lemon juice, garlic and and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. Spoon into serving dish. Drizzle with additional olive oil. Sprinkle with parsley and additional paprika.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 89 calories, Fat 8g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 224mg sodium, Carbohydrate 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 1g protein.
TRADITIONAL BABA GHANOUSH
A traditional recipe for this eggplant dip. It consists of baked eggplant with garlic, lemon juice, and tahini sauce. Dip into this with pita bread and you have yourself a delicious-and-light appetizer.
Provided by IMANKAY
Categories Appetizers and Snacks Dips and Spreads Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Arrange oven racks so you have one low and one high in the oven.
- Cut a shallow slit along the side of the eggplant and place into a baking dish.
- Roast in preheated oven on the lower rack until the eggplant is completely shrunken and soft, about 40 minutes. Move dish to higher rack and continue baking until the skin is charred, about 5 minutes more. Let eggplant cool until cool enough to handle.
- Peel and discard skin from eggplant. Put eggplant into a bowl; add tahini, garlic, lemon juice, red pepper flakes, and salt. Stir until ingredients are evenly mixed. Drizzle olive oil over the baba ghanoush and garnish with parsley.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 96.5 calories, Carbohydrate 5.3 g, Fat 8.7 g, Fiber 1.9 g, Protein 1.9 g, SaturatedFat 1.2 g, Sodium 11.6 mg, Sugar 0.2 g
More about "baba ganoush recipes"
BABA GANOUSH (AUTHENTIC & SMOKY) | DOWNSHIFTOLOGY
EPIC BABA GANOUSH RECIPE - COOKIE AND KATE
AUTHENTIC BABA GANOUSH RECIPE (GRILL OR OVEN) | FEASTING …
BABA GHANOUJ - SIMPLY LEBANESE
BABA GANOUSH | VEGETABLE RECIPES | JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES
BABA GANOUSH (EGGPLANT DIP) RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
BABA GANOUSH - VEGAN HEAVEN
OUR FAVORITE BABA GANOUSH (ROASTED EGGPLANT DIP)
BABA GANOUSH RECIPE - DINNER AT THE ZOO
MY SIMPLE BABA GANOUSH RECIPE - CHEF TARIQ
BABA GANOUSH | MY JEWISH LEARNING
BABA GANOUSH - ONCE UPON A CHEF
LEBANESE BABA GHANOUSH - FEELGOODFOODIE
BABA GANOUSH WITHOUT TAHINI - TURKISH EGGPLANT DIP - COOKING …
BABA GANOUSH RECIPE - THE DARING GOURMET
HOW TO MAKE THE PERFECT BABA GANOUSH
SUPER CREAMY BABA GANOUSH RECIPE - DASH OF HONEY
BABA GANOUSH SANDWICH RECIPE
WHAT TO SERVE WITH BABA GANOUSH: 10 BEST ACCOMPANIMENTS
BABA GANOUSH (BURNT AUBERGINE WITH TAHINI)
WHAT TO EAT WITH BABA GANOUSH [11 EASY RECIPE IDEAS]
AUTHENTIC BABA GANOUSH RECIPE - EAT ENJOY BY RANEEM
THE BEST BABA GANOUSH RECIPE LOADED WITH ROASTED VEGETABLES
BABA GANOUSH RECIPE - LOVE AND LEMONS
AUTHENTIC BABA GANOUSH - DELICIOUSLY MEDITERRANEAN
BABA GANOUSH RECIPE (25 MINUTES!) | MINIMALIST BAKER RECIPES
THE BEST BABA GANOUSH RECIPE! - GIMME SOME OVEN
BABA GANOUSH - DELICIOUS EGGPLANT DIP - COOKTHESTORY
THE BEST BABA GANOUSH RECIPE - SKINNYTASTE
BABA GANOUSH (LOW CARB, VEGAN, WHOLE30) - 40 APRONS
BABA GANOUSH | DIVINE FOOD RECIPES
CLASSIC BABA GANOUSH – A COUPLE COOKS
THE BEST BABA GANOUSH RECIPE - THE ENDLESS MEAL®
BABA GANOUSH - A DELICIOUS TURKISH MEZE RECIPE - TURKEY'S FOR LIFE
BABA GANOUSH RECIPE - BBC FOOD
THE BEST BABA GANOUSH RECIPE » EASY EGGPLANT SPREAD - YOUTUBE
BABA GANOUSH - LITTLE SUNNY KITCHEN
BABA GANOUSH RECIPE (PERFECTLY SMOKY EGGPLANT DIP)
THE BEST BABA GANOUSH RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #preparation #5-ingredients-or-less #easy #dietary
You'll also love