EDMONDS GINGER CRUNCH
This recipe is only found in the Edmonds cook book. This famous recipe from New Zealand is to die for. I grew up eating this and I can tell you, it's fantastic! I hope that people in different countries will love this just as we do here in New Zealand! Enjoy!
Provided by Chelsea_
Yield 24 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Sift flour, baking powder and ginger together.
- Mix into creamed mixture.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured board. Knead well.
- Press dough into a greased 20x30cm sponge roll tin.
- Bake at 190C (375F) for 20-25 minutes or until light brown.
- When there is about 5 minutes of cooking time left, combine butter, icing sugar, golden syrup and ginger.
- Heat until butter is melted, stirring constantly.
- Pour hot ginger icing over base while hot and cut into squares before it gets cold.
SKIBO CASTLE GINGER CRUNCH
Provided by Doon Fergusson-Howlett
Yield Makes about 5 dozen
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a 13- by 9-inch metal baking pan.
- Make shortbread base:
- Sift together dry ingredients and blend in butter with your fingertips until mixture resembles coarse meal. Press evenly into bottom of pan (base will be thin). Bake in middle of oven until golden and crisp, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Make topping just before shortbread is done:
- Melt butter in a small saucepan and whisk in remaining ingredients until smooth. Bring to a boil and simmer, stirring, 30 seconds.
- Pour topping:
- Remove shortbread from oven and pour topping over, tilting pan to cover shortbread evenly. Cool in pan on a rack, then cut into small rectangles (8 rows lengthwise and 8 crosswise).
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas mark 4. Line a deep-sided 18 x 27cm shallow baking tin with grease-proof paper.
- To make the base, put the flour, sugar, baking powder and ginger into a mixing bowl and combine together, then add the butter. Using your fingertips rub the butter into the flour mixture until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Heavily press the mixture evenly into the tin so it is well compressed and flatten well using the back of a spoon.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until lightly golden. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- Whilst the base is cooling make the icing by putting the butter and golden syrup in a medium saucepan and heat until just melted. Add the sifted icing sugar and ginger and cook for a few more minutes, stirring constantly until smooth. Remove from the heat and poor over the cooled base. Leave to set in the fridge for at least 3 hours. Remove from the tin and cut into squares.
This is SO simple to make! If you like ginger, you'll LOVE this. Think crunchy biscuit base, smothered with ginger flavoured icing topped with crystallised ginger. It's from an old Australia & New Zealand recipe book - apparently a recipe from New Zealand. We love it!
Provided by Kookaburra
Categories Bar Cookie
Yield 20 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 180C (350F).
- Using a mixer or a food processor, cream the butter and sugar.
- Add sifted flour, ground ginger and baking powder and mix well until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs- you can do this with your fingers if you like, but I do it in the food processor.
- If using a food processor, scrape down sides once or twice to ensure all butter is mixed in with the flour.
- Tip mixture into a well-greased shallow sided baking tin measuring approximately 27cm x 17cm (10 1/2" x 6 1/2") or a 20cm (8") square.
- Using your fingers or the back of a fork, spread mixture evenly then press down lightly until just firm.
- Don't press too hard or the mixture will set like concrete.
- Bake on the centre shelf of the oven for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- During the last few minutes of baking, combine all the icing (frosting) ingredients in a small saucepan and melt over a low-medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Remove the biscuit base from the oven and immediately pour hot icing mixture as evenly as possible over the base.
- Use a bread knife to spread the icing evenly over the base.
- Now, cut the pieces of crystallised ginger in half and space them out evenly on top.
- Slice into approximately 20 squares while still warm.
- Remove baking tin when cool and store in an airtight tin.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 144.8, Fat 7.6, SaturatedFat 4.8, Cholesterol 19.8, Sodium 72.2, Carbohydrate 17.9, Fiber 0.4, Sugar 6.5, Protein 1.5
GINGER CRUNCH CAKE WITH STRAWBERRY SAUCE
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease three 8- by 2-inch cake pans.
- For crunch topping:
- In a small bowl combine crunch topping ingredients, stirring until combined. Divide topping among pans and press evenly onto bottom.
- For ginger cake:
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, and salt. Add remaining ginger cake ingredients and with an electric mixer beat on high speed 2 minutes. Carefully spread batter over crunch topping in pans and bake in upper and lower thirds of oven, switching position of pans in oven halfway through baking, 20 minutes, or until a tester inserted in center of each layer comes out clean.
- Immediately invert cake layers onto racks lined with wax paper and cool completely. Cake layers may be made 2 weeks ahead and frozen, wrapped separately in plastic wrap. Thaw layers in refrigerator before proceeding with recipe.
- In a chilled bowl with chilled beaters of an electric mixer beat 2 cups cream with vanilla and 2 tablespoons granulated sugar until it just holds stiff peaks.
- Cake Assembly:
- Arrange 1 cake layer, crunch side up, on a cake plate and spread with a heaping cup whipped cream. Repeat with another cake layer and another heaping cup whipped cream and top with third cake layer, crunch side up. Leaving top plain, spread remaining whipped cream on side of cake to coat (a final coating will be added later). Chill cake, covered loosely with plastic wrap, at least 4 hours (to facilitate slicing) and up to 24.
- Hull strawberries and slice half of them. In a bowl with a potato masher mash sliced berries with lemon juice and remaining 2 tablespoons granulated sugar. In a food processor purée remaining berries and strain through a fine sieve into bowl with mashed berry mixture. Sauce may be made 1 day ahead and chilled, covered.
- In a chilled bowl with chilled beaters of an electric mixer, beat remaining cup cream until it just holds stiff peaks and spread decoratively on side of cake. Arrange some whole strawberries on top of cake and garnish plate with additional whole strawberries.
- Serve cake with strawberry sauce.
More about "ginger crunch recipes"
14 GINGER BAKING RECIPES THAT NEED TO BE TRIED
GINGER CRUNCH SLICE RECIPE IS PERFECT BLEND OF SWEET-SPICY
TRADITIONAL GINGER CRUNCH SLICE - STAY AT HOME MUM
GINGER CRUNCH MADE HEALTHIER - HEALTHY FOOD GUIDE
CHELSEA GINGER CRUNCH RECIPE | CHELSEA SUGAR
OATY GINGER CRUNCH RECIPE - LOVEFOOD.COM
GINGER CRUNCH RECIPE | BETTER HOMES AND GARDENS
GINGER CRUNCH | BAKING RECIPES | GOODTO
3.7/5 (398)Category Dessert, SnackCuisine BakingTotal Time 40 mins
GINGER CRUNCH - RECIPES BY CARINA
5/5 (6)Total Time 50 minsCategory BakingCalories 295 per serving
VEGAN OATY GINGER SLICE RECIPE — SUPERCLUB EATS
GINGER CARAMEL SLICE RECIPE | STUFF.CO.NZ
GINGER CRUNCH RECIPE | WESTGOLD NZ
DONNA HAY GINGER CRUNCH - BIGOVEN.COM
CLASSIC GINGER CRUNCH SLICE - BAKE PLAY SMILE
RECIPE: OATY GINGER CRUNCH | STUFF.CO.NZ
NO BAKE GINGER SLICE - JUST A MUM
25 GINGER RECIPES THAT ARE DELICIOUS AND NUTRITIOUS
HOW TO MAKE PERFECT GINGER CRUNCH | RECIPES FOR FOOD LOVERS …
GINGER CRUNCH - JUST A MUM
PERFECT GINGER CRUNCH - THE BRICK KITCHEN
OATY GINGER CRUNCH (GINGER SLICE) - CLOUDY KITCHEN
GINGER CRUNCH | EDMONDS
GINGER CRUNCH | RECIPE | RECIPES, FOOD, CRUNCH RECIPE
LEMON AND LIME GINGER CRUNCH | DESSERT RECIPES | GOODTO
GINGER CRUNCH - THE AUSSIE HOME COOK
GINGER CRUNCH RECIPE | CHELSEA SUGAR
GINGER CRUNCH | FOOD IN A MINUTE
GLUTEN FREE GINGER CRUNCH
GINGER CRUNCH - SOMETHING SWEET SOMETHING SAVOURY
DELICIOUS GINGER CRUNCH | RECIPE | KIDSPOT
GINGER CRUNCH BARS - MADELEINE SHAW
THE ULTIMATE GINGER CRUNCH - ANNABEL LANGBEIN – RECIPES
BEST GINGER CRUNCH RECIPE - NZ'S FAVOURITE RECIPES
RAW GINGER SLICE - A NEW ZEALAND CLASSIC - ASCENSION KITCHEN
GINGER CRUNCH MADE HEALTHIER - HEALTHY FOOD GUIDE
GINGER CRUNCH - BAKING BY DONNA
GINGER CRUNCH RECIPE
EASY NO BAKE GINGER SLICE - MY SUGAR FREE KITCHEN
GINGER CRUNCH RECIPE | WESTGOLD AU
EASY OATY GINGER CRUNCH - RECIPE BY VJ COOKS + STEP BY STEP VIDEO
GLUTEN FREE GINGER CRUNCH - HOW TO COELIAC
NO-BAKE GINGER SLICE (GF AND VEGAN) - HEARTFUL TABLE
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #cuisine #preparation #occasion #south-west-pacific #for-large-groups #desserts #oven #picnic #cookies-and-brownies #bar-cookies #food-processor-blender #stove-top #brown-bag #new-zealand #to-go #camping #equipment #small-appliance #mixer #number-of-servings
You'll also love