APPLE CHEDDAR POTATO SOUP
- In large saucepan, heat oil. Add apples, potato, celery, onion, and thyme. Saute 10 minutes.
- Stir in wine and simmer 2 minutes; add broth and simmer about 40-45 minutes or until everything is very tender.
- Using a blender or food processor, puree soup mixture, but leave just a little bit lumpy. Return to saucepan.
- Over very low heat, stir in cheese and cream.
- In a small bowl, whisk together milk and flour; add to soup and stir. Add nutmeg, and pepper. Cook just until heated through--do not boil or cheese will curdle.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 511.4, Fat 35.3, SaturatedFat 19.6, Cholesterol 98.3, Sodium 884.5, Carbohydrate 26.3, Fiber 3.4, Sugar 9.1, Protein 22
- Melt 4 tablespoons butter in a large pot over medium-low heat and add the onion, apples, potato and squash. Season with salt and pepper and cook until the onion is soft, about 8 minutes. Stir in the sage and flour. Add the cider and cook over high heat, stirring, until thickened. Add the broth and milk, cover and bring to a boil; reduce to a simmer and cook, stirring, until the potato is soft, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the prosciutto and cook until crisp, turning occasionally, about 2 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- Add the cheese to the soup and stir over medium-low heat until melted. Puree in a blender in batches until smooth; season with salt and pepper. Garnish with the prosciutto, more cheese and chives, if using. Serve with bread, if desired.
APPLE-CHEDDAR SOUP WITH BACON
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Cook the bacon in a large pot over medium heat until crisp, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Transfer to paper towels to drain; let cool slightly, then roughly chop. Pour out all but 2 tablespoons of the drippings from the pot.
- Increase the heat under the pot to medium high. Add the onion, apples and potato and cook, stirring frequently, until the apples are soft, about 8 minutes. Add the chicken broth, apple juice, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste. Bring to a simmer and cook until the potato is soft, 10 to 12 minutes. Stir in all but 2 tablespoons of the cheddar until melted. Working in batches, transfer the soup to a blender and puree. Return to the pot and season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, preheat the broiler. Spread the bread with the mustard and sprinkle with the reserved 2 tablespoons cheese. Broil until the cheese melts, about 30 seconds, then cut into 1-inch squares. Ladle the soup into bowls and top with the bacon, chives, cheese croutons and more pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 492, Fat 29 grams, SaturatedFat 15 grams, Cholesterol 89 milligrams, Sodium 1098 milligrams, Carbohydrate 36 grams, Fiber 4 grams, Protein 23 grams
- In 4-quart Dutch oven, melt butter over medium-low heat. Add apples and onion. Cook 12 to 15 minutes, stirring frequently, until soft but not brown. Add carrot and cook 5 minutes longer or until carrot just begins to soften. Increase heat to medium. Add flour and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly as mixture thickens. Add 1/2 cup of the broth, stirring constantly with wire whisk to prevent lumps. As soon as broth is incorporated (about 20 seconds), add another 1/2 cup broth and stir again until incorporated. Add remaining broth and the apple juice.
- Increase heat to high. Heat soup to boiling, stirring occasionally. Stir well and add half-and-half, whipping cream and bay leaf. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer gently 15 minutes. (Do not let mixture boil or soup may curdle.)
- Remove bay leaf. Add brandy, cinnamon and red pepper. Gradually stir in cheese until completely melted and smooth, about 8 minutes. Season with salt and white pepper. Garnish with parsley if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 390, Carbohydrate 15 g, Cholesterol 95 mg, Fat 3, Fiber 1 g, Protein 14 g, SaturatedFat 18 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 810 mg, Sugar 11 g, TransFat 1 g
POTATO AND CHEDDAR SOUP
- Using a medium sized stock pot bring water to a boil, add potatoes and cook until tender. Drain reserving 1 cup liquid.
- Stir in butter, onion and flour. Season with salt and pepper. Gradually stir in potatoes, reserved liquid, milk, sugar, cheese, and ham. Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring frequently.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 169.2 calories, Carbohydrate 12.3 g, Cholesterol 33.6 mg, Fat 9.9 g, Fiber 0.7 g, Protein 7.9 g, SaturatedFat 5.9 g, Sodium 277.3 mg, Sugar 4.3 g
CHEDDAR CHEESE POTATO SOUP
Here's a recipe I created as an alternative to plain potato soup. Hearty and comforting, it disappears quickly when I serve it to my family on chilly evenings. Team it with bread and a salad, and you have a complete meal.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10-12 servings (about 2-1/2 quarts).
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a large Dutch oven, saute onion and celery in butter for 5 minutes. Add potatoes and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender., Stir in 2 cups milk, bouillon, salt and pepper. Combine flour and remaining milk until smooth; gradually stir into soup. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat. Add cheese and bacon; stir until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 387 calories, Fat 26g fat (15g saturated fat), Cholesterol 75mg cholesterol, Sodium 985mg sodium, Carbohydrate 21g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 17g protein.
Welcome to the savory side of autumnal fruit! Apple's natural sweetness brings out the rich flavor of bacon and cheddar in this warm and comforting soup.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Cook and stir bacon in large saucepan until crisp. Remove bacon from pan with slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Discard all but 1 Tbsp. bacon drippings from pan. Add onions and garlic to pan; cook and stir 5 min. or until onions are crisp-tender. Stir in potatoes, cider, thyme and pepper. Bring to boil; cover. Simmer on medium-low heat 15 min. Stir in apples; simmer 5 min. or until potatoes are tender.
- Mix milk and flour in bowl until blended. Stir into soup. Cook 5 to 7 min. or until soup thickens, stirring occasionally. Gradually stir in cheese until melted.
- Transfer soup to blender, in batches; blend until smooth. Serve topped with bacon.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 250, Fat 11 g, SaturatedFat 5 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 25 mg, Sodium 240 mg, Carbohydrate 31 g, Fiber 2 g, Sugar 15 g, Protein 8 g
CHEDDAR POTATO SOUP
My home state is famous for cheese, which I use in many recipes such as this creamy soup. Cheddar gives it a sunny color and tantalizing taste. A good meal starter, it's also a great choice for a light lunch or supper when teamed with a salad and bread. -Mark Trinklein, Racine, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and celery in butter until tender. Add potatoes and broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender., Puree in small batches in a blender until smooth; return to the pan. Stir in the cheese, milk, pepper and paprika. Cook and stir over low heat until the cheese is melted. Garnish with croutons and parsley.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 239 calories, Fat 13g fat (9g saturated fat), Cholesterol 46mg cholesterol, Sodium 586mg sodium, Carbohydrate 21g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 10g protein.
More about "apple cheddar potato soup recipes"
CREAMY APPLE, POTATO AND CHEDDAR SOUP - COOKING FOR KEEPS
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
APPLE-SQUASH SOUP WITH BACON - PERRY'S PLATE
POTATO & LEEK SOUP WITH APPLES & CHEDDAR CHEESE SERVED
APPLE-CHEDDAR-SQUASH SOUP RECIPE | KITCHEN INFINITY RECIPES
APPLE AND CHEDDAR SOUP - UNITED DAIRY INDUSTRY OF MICHIGAN
CHEDDAR POTATO SOUP - THE OLD MILL
APPLE CHEDDAR SOUP RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
APPLE-CHEDDAR-SQUASH SOUP - SOUP RECIPES
POTATO & CHEDDAR SOUP RECIPE - SARGENTO® FOODS INCORPORATED
APPLE AND CHEDDAR CHEESE SOUP RECIPE - DIETHOOD
ONTARIO APPLE GROWERS : RECIPE : ONTARIO APPLE CHEDDAR SOUP
POTATO CHEDDAR SOUP WITH BACON - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
RECIPE FOR POTATO CHEDDAR SOUP - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
APPLE POTATO AND CHEDDAR SOUP RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
EASY CHEDDAR APPLE SOUP (9 INGREDIENT RECIPE!) - NO …
NIPPY APPLE CHEDDAR SOUP | FOODLAND ONTARIO
APPLE, POTATO AND CHEDDAR SOUP WITH FROZEN APPLES
APPLE CHEDDAR POTATO SOUP RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
BACON, APPLE AND CHEDDAR SOUP RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
CHEDDAR APPLE SOUP RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
APPLE CIDER PRESSING DAY AND HEARTY CHEDDAR CHEESE POTATO SOUP
CHEDDAR CHEESE AND POTATO SOUP : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
APPLE, POTATO AND CHEDDAR SOUP RECIPE - COOKEATSHARE
LOADED BROCCOLI POTATO CHEDDAR SOUP : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
APPLE CHEDDAR POTATO SOUP RECIPE - FOOD.COM
APPLE CHEESE SOUP RECIPE
APPLE-CHEDDAR SOUP RECIPE | KITCHEN INFINITY RECIPES
RECIPE FOR CHEDDAR POTATO SOUP : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
CHEDDAR APPLE SOUP RECIPE
APPLE, BACON AND CHEDDAR SOUP – MEAT & POULTRY ONTARIO
APPLE CHEDDAR POTATO SOUP - COOKEATSHARE
RECIPES > MEXICAN > HOW TO MAKE APPLE CHEESE SOUP
APPLE CHEDDAR SOUP RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
#time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #soups-stews #fruit #vegetables #dietary #low-carb #low-in-something #apples #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love