APPLE DUTCH BABY
This dish is a longtime family favorite for Christmas morning. It is light, airy and filled with eggs and juicy apple. I like to serve it alongside bacon or sausage. -Teeny Mccloy, Red Deer, Alberta
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place butter in a 13x9-in. baking dish. Heat 5-8 minutes or until melted. Stir in apples, brown sugar and cinnamon. Bake 15-18 minutes or until apples are tender., Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk egg yolks, flour, milk, baking powder and salt until smooth. In a large bowl, beat egg whites on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating on high until stiff peaks form. , Fold egg whites into egg yolk mixture. Spread over apples. Bake 12-15 minutes or until set and golden. If desired, sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 223 calories, Fat 10g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 156mg cholesterol, Sodium 313mg sodium, Carbohydrate 28g carbohydrate (19g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 6g protein.
APPLE CINNAMON DUTCH BABY
I found this recipe on a site called Food for Tots. Looks baby friendly. A wonderful light egg soufflé that kids are sure to love and it's easy to make! Dutch babies also make a good dinner meal accompanied by Canadian Bacon or Ham and take less of the cook's time than regular pancakes.
Provided by Queen of Everything
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 425°F Put butter into a 3 to 4 quart frying pan and place in oven to melt.
- While butter is melting, peel and core 2 medium apples, then cut them into thin slices.
- Remove the pan from the oven and add cinnamon and sugar to the melted butter.
- Stir in the sliced apples.
- Return pan to oven for about 3 minutes.
- Put the eggs and milk into a blender and whip at high speed for 1 minute.
- Set the blender to low speed and slowly add the flour until well blended.
- Remove the pan from oven and pour egg batter over the butter and apples.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the pancake is raised and golden brown.
- Cut in wedges and dust with powdered sugar.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 446.9, Fat 22.8, SaturatedFat 12.7, Cholesterol 235.2, Sodium 237.6, Carbohydrate 50.1, Fiber 3.7, Sugar 19.2, Protein 12
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Peel, core, and slice the apple 1/8 inch thick. Melt 3 tablespoons of the butter in a 9-inch ovenproof crêpe pan or skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Add the apple, 1 tablespoon of the granulated sugar, and the cinnamon and toss well. Sauté the apple for 5 to 7 minutes until tender, tossing occasionally. Spread the apple out in the pan and keep hot over low heat.
- Meanwhile, melt the remaining tablespoon of butter in the microwave. In a medium bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, melted butter, and vanilla. In a small bowl, combine the flour, the remaining tablespoon of granulated sugar, and the salt. Whisk the flour mixture into the milk mixture, whisking until there are no lumps. Pour the batter over the cooked apple in the hot pan and immediately place in the oven.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until the pancake is puffed and the edges start to get crispy and browned. Dust lightly with sifted confectioners' sugar, cut in wedges, and serve hot with maple syrup.
APPLE-CHEDDAR DUTCH BABY
This dish would be just as welcome on the brunch table as on the dinner table, and I wouldn't fault you for adding a little maple syrup.
Provided by Jenna Helwig
Yield 4 or 5 servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Heat the butter in a 10-inch oven-safe skillet over medium heat. Once it's bubbling, add the apples and ¼ teaspoon of the salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the apples are just tender, 5 to 7 minutes.
- While the apples cook, whisk together the eggs, milk, flour, and remaining ¾ teaspoon salt until mostly smooth. It's okay if a few small lumps remain.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pan with the apples. Top with the shredded cheese. Transfer the pan to the oven and bake until puffed and golden, 20 to 25 minutes. Cut into wedges to serve.
DUTCH BABY PANCAKE WITH APPLES
Baked in a large, hot skillet, the thin, eggy batter puffs up like a popover. To serve, slide the pancake from the skillet onto a round serving platter, and present it apple side up.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Heat a well-seasoned 10-inch cast-iron skillet over high heat. Add butter. When melted, add apple wedges. Cook until softened and lightly golden, about 2 minutes. Stir in honey and cardamom, and remove skillet from heat.
- In a bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients, except confectioners' sugar, until smooth. Pour over apples. Bake until puffed and brown, about 20 minutes. Serve immediately, cut into wedges, with confectioners' sugar sifted over the top.
DUTCH APPLE BABY
No fresh milk? Don't despair! This quick and easy variation of the classic Dutch Baby pancake features ingredients you probably have in your pantry.
Provided by Mott's
Categories Trusted Brands: Recipes and Tips
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Heat applesauce in a small saucepan over medium heat until hot but not boiling. Pour applesauce into blender. Add the eggs. Blend until combined; about 5 seconds. Add vanilla, sugar, salt and flour. Blend until evenly mixed. Add two tablespoons of melted butter. Blend another 30 seconds.
- Heat oven-proof skillet on medium heat. Pour a tablespoon of melted butter into skillet and swirl it around to coat the bottom and sides of the pan. Immediately pour the batter into the skillet; place in middle rack of oven.
- Bake until golden brown around the edges and the pancake is puffed, about 20 minutes.
- Brush the last tablespoon of melted butter evenly over pancake. Sift powdered sugar over top, if desired.
- Mix together 2 tablespoons flour, 1/4 cup sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon in a small bowl. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over the Dutch Baby. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 349.9 calories, Carbohydrate 39.1 g, Cholesterol 199.6 mg, Fat 18.1 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 8 g, SaturatedFat 10 g, Sodium 197.2 mg, Sugar 13.5 g
APPLE-HONEY DUTCH BABY
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, whisk together first 4 ingredients until smooth. Place butter in a 10-in. ovenproof skillet; heat in oven until melted, 2-3 minutes., Tilt pan to coat bottom and sides. Pour batter into hot skillet. Bake until puffed and edges are lightly browned, 16-20 minutes., Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, heat butter for topping over medium heat; saute apples until lightly browned. Stir in honey, lemon juice and cardamom. Mix cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into apple mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Spoon into pancake; serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 429 calories, Fat 14g fat (7g saturated fat), Cholesterol 166mg cholesterol, Sodium 146mg sodium, Carbohydrate 72g carbohydrate (50g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 9g protein.
DUTCH BABIES II
I love to eat these! They are warm and light, yet very filling. Great on cold mornings. This recipe is from my great grandmother. Serve with warm maple syrup and wedges of lemon.
Provided by barbara_hengels
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Place a 10 inch cast iron skillet inside oven and preheat oven to 475 degrees F (245 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs with a whisk until light. Add milk and stir. Gradually whisk in flour, nutmeg and salt.
- Remove skillet from oven and reduce oven heat to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Melt butter in hot skillet so that inside of skillet is completely coated with butter. Pour all the batter in the skillet and return skillet to oven.
- Bake until puffed and lightly browned, about 12 minutes. Remove promptly and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 349 calories, Carbohydrate 34.7 g, Cholesterol 221.4 mg, Fat 18.2 g, Fiber 0.9 g, Protein 11.7 g, SaturatedFat 9.8 g, Sodium 177.6 mg, Sugar 10.7 g
CARAMEL-APPLE DUTCH BABY
This recipe makes the perfect breakfast, brunch or sweet treat for a lazy weekend. Any 10-inch ovenproof pan or baking dish will work here, but for the puffiest and crispest pancake, use a cast-iron pan. Don't skimp on the amount of butter you melt in the pan in the first step; it prevents the pancake from sticking, and helps brown and crisp the Dutch baby while it bakes. The easy, no-fail caramel sauce infuses the apples with brown sugar and vanilla, while also serving as a syrup to drizzle over each slice. For maximum ooh and aahs, spoon the apples, caramel and all, into the center of the Dutch baby and serve it in the skillet. To keep the pancake crisp longer, serve the apples and caramel separately and allow guests to top their own.
Provided by Erin Jeanne McDowell
Yield 4 servings (One 10-inch pancake)
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Prepare the Dutch baby: Heat the oven to 425 degrees. Place the butter into a medium (10-inch) ovenproof skillet (preferably cast-iron) and transfer to the oven until melted, 2 to 3 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, flour, milk, brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg. Pour the batter into the hot skillet and transfer to the oven. Bake until the pancake puffs up around the edges and turns golden, 20 to 25 minutes.
- While the Dutch baby cooks, prepare the topping: Melt the 2 tablespoons butter in a skillet over medium heat, then stir in the cream and brown sugar. Add the apples and cook, stirring frequently, until the caramel thickens and the apples are tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Stir in the vanilla, cinnamon and salt.
- To serve, pile the apples on top of the warm Dutch baby, then slice and serve. Serve with whipped cream or ice cream, if desired.
20-MINUTE APPLE DUTCH BABY
A simple way to make breakfast (or snacking!) fast and delicious! I used to make this for my younger sisters before they went to school. And they loved it!
Provided by cookinincollege
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place butter, cinnamon and sugar in a 9-inch cake pan. Set in the oven while preparing the other ingredients. Core and chop apple and place in baking pan with butter mixture, swirl around and return to oven. On a blender or food processor, mix together eggs and flour, process/blend until smooth. Pour in milk to blender, blending again until smooth.
- Remove pan from oven and carefully pour batter into prepared pan. Bake in a preheated oven for 10 mintues or until set and ligthly browned. Serve immediately!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 256.6, Fat 11.3, SaturatedFat 5.9, Cholesterol 161.2, Sodium 127.4, Carbohydrate 30.2, Fiber 2.1, Sugar 8.1, Protein 8.8
APPLE-CARDAMOM BROWN-BUTTER DUTCH BABY
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees with a 10-inch cast-iron skillet on center rack. Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium-high. When it boils, reduce heat to medium; simmer until foamy. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally and scraping bottom of pan, until foam subsides, butter turns golden brown with a nutty aroma, and milk solids separate into brown specks that sink to bottom, 2 to 7 minutes. Remove from heat; immediately transfer to a heatproof bowl.
- Stir together sugar and cardamom. In a large bowl, beat eggs on medium-high until pale and frothy, about 2 minutes. Add flour, salt, milk, vanilla, and 1 tablespoon cardamom sugar; beat until smooth, about 1 minute (batter will be thin).
- Carefully remove skillet from oven. Add brown butter and apple, stirring a few times to evenly coat. Spread apple into a single layer; pour batter into skillet. Bake until puffed, crisp on top, and golden brown in places, 20 to 25 minutes. Immediately sprinkle with 2 tablespoons cardamom sugar. Cut into wedges and serve, with sour cream and remaining cardamom sugar.
APPLE SPICE DUTCH BABY RECIPE BY TASTY
Everyone's favorite Dutch popover pancake gets a seasonal spin! A homemade apple spice blend flavors both the Dutch baby batter and the sliced apple filling. Serve it up with some vanilla ice cream and butterscotch sauce for extra decadence!
Provided by Tikeyah Whittle
Categories Bakery Goods
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Make the apple spice blend: In a small bowl, mix together the cinnamon, ginger, allspice, cardamom, and nutmeg with a fork to combine.
- Make the Dutch baby: Add the eggs, milk, flour, 1¼ teaspoons of the spice blend, the salt, vanilla, and sugar to a blender. Blend on medium speed until well combined and frothy, about 1 minute.
- Transfer the batter to an airtight container and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, up to overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat for 1-2 minutes. Add the butter and melt, swirling to coat the sides of the pan. Pour in the batter and immediately transfer to the oven. Bake for 20-22 minutes, or until the Dutch baby is puffed and golden brown. Remove the Dutch baby from the oven and cool for 5 minutes. It will deflate slightly as it cools.
- While the Dutch baby bakes, make the apple filling: in a medium bowl, sprinkle the apples with the remaining teaspoon of apple spice and the sugar and toss until well coated.
- Melt the butter in a medium skillet over medium heat until foaming. Add the apples and stir to coat. Cook for 3-4 minutes, until the apples have softened, but aren't mushy. Remove the apples from the skillet and set aside.
- Just before serving, top the Dutch baby with the warm apple filling, vanilla ice cream, and a drizzle of butterscotch sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 364 calories, Carbohydrate 49 grams, Fat 14 grams, Fiber 4 grams, Protein 10 grams, Sugar 23 grams
More about "apple dutch baby recipes"
APPLE DUTCH BABY | RECIPE FROM YOUR HOMEBASED MOM
4.8/5 (100)Calories 307 per servingCategory Breakfast
- Place the sliced apples into the bottom of the pan on top of the melted butter. Pour egg mixture over apples.
APPLE DUTCH BABY RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
3.9/5 (419)Estimated Reading Time 1 minServings 4
APPLE DUTCH BABY RECIPE WITH SALTED BOURBON CARAMEL - CHISEL
APPLE CINNAMON DUTCH BABY | LODGE CAST IRON
APPLE CHEDDAR DUTCH BABY RECIPE - KERRYGOLD USA
SPICED APPLE DUTCH BABY PANCAKE - INSPIRED TASTE
KETO APPLE DUTCH BABY WITH CARAMEL SAUCE- SUGAR-FREE & GLUTEN …
APPLE DUTCH BABY - BAKED BROILED AND BASTED
APPLE DUTCH BABY OVEN PANCAKE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
APPLE DUTCH BABY - CREME DE LA CRUMB
APPLE DUTCH BABY RECIPE
APPLEJACK DUTCH BABY - APPLE JACK - A SPICY PERSPECTIVE
DUTCH BABY WITH CARAMELIZED APPLES RECIPE - MAGNOLIA
BLACKBERRY & APPLE PALEO DUTCH BABY - A SAUCY KITCHEN
APPLE DUTCH BABY BREAKFAST - MANY SIMPLE RECIPES
BACON DUTCH APPLE BABY FOR TWO - BAKING MISCHIEF
GREAT GRANDMA'S CINNAMON APPLE DUTCH BABY - MODERN CRUMB
APPLE-CINNAMON DUTCH BABY RECIPE | MYRECIPES
APPLE DUTCH BABY | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
APPLE DUTCH BABY - MY HOMEMADE ROOTS
APPLE DUTCH BABY PANCAKE RECIPE | EATINGWELL
CARAMELIZED APPLE DUTCH BABY FOR ONE (OR MORE) - SIMPLY SCRATCH
APPLE DUTCH BABY – LARDER AND VINE
APPLE DUTCH BABY - SPEND WITH PENNIES
APPLE DUTCH BABY: GERMAN PANCAKES - 31 DAILY
APPLE DUTCH BABY - WELL SEASONED
SPICED APPLE DUTCH BABY RECIPE - INSPIRED BY SNOW WHITE
CINNAMON-APPLE DUTCH BABY RECIPE | MYRECIPES
APPLE DUTCH BABY - DISCOVER RECIPE
THIS APPLE DUTCH BABY IS EXTRA-THICK AND PERFECT FOR FALL | EPICURIOUS
NYT CARAMEL APPLE DUTCH BABY - REWARDED CYBERZINE NAVIGATEUR
CINNAMON APPLE DUTCH BABY RECIPE | COOKING LIGHT
APPLE DUTCH BABY
SHEET PAN APPLE DUTCH BABY - REAL MOM KITCHEN - BREAKFAST
CARAMEL APPLE DUTCH BABY - SEASONS AND SUPPERS
APPLE DUTCH BABY RECIPE - HAPPY HAPPY NESTER
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make a Dutch baby apple cake?dutch baby Preheat oven to 425°. Whisk eggs, milk, flour, vanilla, salt, and ½ tsp. cinnamon in a medium bowl until smooth. Melt 2 Tbsp. butter in a 10” skillet, preferably cast iron, over medium heat. Add apple and sprinkle with brown sugar and remaining ½ tsp. cinnamon. Wipe out skillet and heat in oven until very hot, 8–10 minutes.
How long does it take to Cook Apple Dutch baby?Think of this Apple Dutch Baby as a light, fluffy, pillowy pancake. Easy to make, sweet, soft, and buttery, and topped with brown-sugar-and-cinnamon apples, it goes from oven to table in just 35 minutes! Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
How do you cook Dutch Dutch baby?dutch baby Preheat oven to 425°. Melt 2 Tbsp. butter in a 10” skillet, preferably cast iron, over medium heat. Wipe out skillet and heat in oven until very hot, 8–10 minutes. Serve drizzled with apple cider syrup.
How do you cook cinnamon apple Dutch baby pancake?Cinnamon Apple Dutch Baby Pancake is a delicious flavor twist on the traditional dutch baby pancake. Preheat oven to 400. Place butter into a 12″ cast iron frying pan and place in the oven to melt butter.