LEMON ASPARAGUS PASTA
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a boil. Stir in penne and return to a boil. Cook pasta uncovered, stirring occasionally, for about 8 minutes. Penne will still be slightly firm.
- Stir asparagus into the pot with the boiling penne pasta and bring back to a boil; cook until pasta is tender and asparagus is softened but still bright green, about 3 more minutes. Drain pasta and asparagus.
- Place penne and asparagus into a large bowl; lightly stir in lemon zest, lemon juice, Parmesan cheese, olive oil, salt, and black pepper until thoroughly combined.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 377.6 calories, Carbohydrate 45 g, Cholesterol 8.8 mg, Fat 17.8 g, Fiber 3.8 g, Protein 12.7 g, SaturatedFat 3.9 g, Sodium 157.7 mg, Sugar 3 g
PASTA WITH ASPARAGUS AND LEMON SAUCE
- Zest and juice 1 1/2 lemons. Cut remaining lemon half into wedges and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add penne and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, about 11 minutes. Drain, reserving 1 cup of cooking water.
- While penne is cooking, melt 2 tablespoons butter in a pot over medium heat and cook asparagus until softened, 4 to 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and remove from pot.
- Add remaining 3 tablespoons butter and heat until a pinch of flour sprinkled into the pot will just begin to bubble. Whisk in flour to form a thick paste the consistency of cake frosting. Continue cooking, whisking constantly, for about 5 minutes. Whisk in cream and vegetable broth and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir lemon juice, lemon zest, and parsley into the sauce; season with salt, pepper, and sugar. Add asparagus and heat through, about 2 minutes. Add tomatoes and penne to the sauce and pour in some of the reserved cooking water. Serve with shaved Parmesan and lemon wedges.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 810.8 calories, Carbohydrate 103.8 g, Cholesterol 108.1 mg, Fat 37.2 g, Fiber 10.5 g, Protein 24.8 g, SaturatedFat 21.8 g, Sodium 512 mg, Sugar 9 g
ASPARAGUS PASTA SALAD WITH ITALIAN DRESSING
This pasta salad is endlessly adaptable 365 days a year. Take your favorite pasta shape, add any vegetables in season then toss it all in a homemade Italian dressing. Yes, it's that simple!
Provided by Kelly Senyei
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 13
- For the dressing: Whisk together all of the ingredients in a medium bowl until combined. Set aside.
- For the pasta salad: Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook according to the package directions, just until al dente. Add the asparagus and cook it with the pasta for 1 more minute. Drain the pasta and asparagus then rinse with cold water and drain thoroughly.
- Transfer the pasta and asparagus to a large bowl. Stir in the onions and tomatoes. Pour the dressing over the pasta, toss to combine, then cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours and up to overnight. When ready to serve, stir in the Parmesan and enjoy cold or at room temperature.
ASPARAGUS PASTA SALAD
I got this recipe from my sister-in-law while visiting her in Texas. I usually prepare this salad in the summer as a light evening meal for my family or as an extra-special lunch for friends.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Place asparagus in a large saucepan with enough water to cover; cook until crisp-tender. Drain and cool. In a large bowl, combine asparagus with the remaining ingredients; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 3-4 hours or overnight.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 307 calories, Fat 14g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 17mg cholesterol, Sodium 720mg sodium, Carbohydrate 33g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 11g protein.
ASPARAGUS PASTA SALAD WITH ITALIAN DRESSING RECIPE - (4.5/5)
Provided by Late2Serenity
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Make the dressing: In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients until combined. Set the dressing aside. Make the pasta salad: Remove the tough stems of the asparagus then cut each spear into 1-inch pieces. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente, 10 to 11 minutes, then add the asparagus to the pot and cook it with pasta for 1 more minute. Drain the pasta and asparagus then rinse it with cold water. Transfer the pasta and asparagus to a large bowl. Stir in the onions and tomatoes. Pour the dressing over the pasta, tossing to combine, then cover the salad with plastic wrap and refrigerate it for at least 3 hours and up to overnight. When ready to serve, stir in the Parmesan cheese and enjoy cold or at room temperature.
ASPARAGUS PASTA SALAD WITH A CREAMY LEMON DRESSING
A nice twist on asparagus and pasta salad. A quick easy dish with a light lemony, tangy sauce, but very fast. Pair this along a grilled piece of fish or chicken breast and this makes this a very nice easy dinner.
Provided by SarasotaCook
Yield 6 , 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Dressing -- mix all the ingredients and set to the side until the pasta and asparagus are cooked.
- Salad -- In a large pot of salted water, boil the pasta according to directions. Approximately 3 minutes before the pasta is done, add the asparagus until is comes out al dente. Now drain the pasta and asparagus. Rinse under cold water for just a few seconds to stop the cooking process and cool slightly.
- Combine -- Now toss the still slightly warm pasta with the dressing. Add in the scallions, extra salt and pepper and serve garnished with the cheese fresh lemon slices. A nice simple salad!
- Now this is a very light tasting salad with a very simple dressing. It doesn't have bold flavors, but subtle flavors which is a nice compliment to a fresh herb roasted chicken breast or piece of fish. This is all about fresh subtle flavors.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 289.8, Fat 7.9, SaturatedFat 2.7, Cholesterol 12.4, Sodium 1664.2, Carbohydrate 48.5, Fiber 8.8, Sugar 3.1, Protein 10.2
ASPARAGUS LEMON PASTA SALAD
- Prepare penne according to package directions. Once cooked, toss with 1 teaspoon olive oil and chill. Cut off 1 - 2 inches of the base of asparagus and discard. Slice asparagus into 1 1/2-inch pieces. Simmer in skillet with water until tender, about 12 minutes. Drain asparagus and plunge into a bowl of ice water. This will help maintain the bright green color and stop the asparagus from cooking further. Toast pine nuts in oven until golden. In small bowl squeeze juice from lemon and grate the rind to create lemon zest. In large bowl whisk together lemon and rind, salt, pepper and remaining olive oil. Add asparagus, drained red pepper, pine nuts and pasta. Serve.
QUICK ASPARAGUS PASTA SALAD
This recipe is one of my favorites to make for potlucks in the spring time when the asparagus is the best. It is so tasty and everyone will asks you for the recipe.-Teresa Kokx, Hart, Michigan
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8-10 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Cook asparagus in a small amount of water until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Rinse in cold water; drain and cool. Place asparagus in a large bowl; add pasta, onion, cucumber, carrots and radishes. , Combine salad dressing and Parmesan cheese; pour over pasta mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 201 calories, Fat 6g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 3mg cholesterol, Sodium 279mg sodium, Carbohydrate 30g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 7g protein.
ASPARAGUS PASTA SALAD WITH PARMESAN DRESSING
Delicious! Perfect to serve for a luncheon. This needs to chill for 2 hours before serving. The dressing is wonderful!
Provided by Kittencalrecipezazz
Categories Pasta Shells
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Boil pasta in water until firm-tender (do not overcook, leave firm!) drain, and rinse with cold water; set aside.
- Steam asparagus until crisp-tender; drain and plunge into very cold or ice water; drain and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Place all dressing ingredients in a blender, and blend until well mixed (adjusting all ingredients to suit taste).
- Place the veggies and the cooked pasta shells in a large bowl; toss to combine.
- Pour the dressing over; toss well to coat.
- Add in slivered almonds and mix.
- Chill in the fridge for a minimum of 2 hours before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 374.8, Fat 23.7, SaturatedFat 4.1, Cholesterol 37.5, Sodium 215.7, Carbohydrate 32, Fiber 4.6, Sugar 3.7, Protein 11.5
More about "asparagus pasta salad with a creamy lemon dressing recipes"
PASTA SALAD WITH ASPARAGUS AND LEMON RECIPE | REAL SIMPLE
3.5/5 (418)Total Time 20 minsServings 4Calories 315 per serving
- Cook the penne according to the package directions, adding the asparagus during the last 3 ½ minutes of cooking.
- Add the Parmesan, oil, lemon juice and zest, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper and toss to combine.
ASPARAGUS PASTA SALAD WITH CREAMY LEMON DRESSING …
Category Side DishesCalories 380 per serving
- Place all the ingredients for the dressing in a jar and screw on lid. Shake jar vigorously until ingredients are well combined. Taste and adjust quantities as desired. Set the dressing aside.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook for 11 minutes, then add the cut asparagus to the boiling water and cook with pasta for another 2 minutes. Drain the pasta and asparagus then rinse it with cold water until cooled; allow drain well.
- Transfer the pasta and asparagus to a large bowl, gently stir in tomatoes and onions. Toss with dressing, cover, and refrigerate a few hours or overnight.
EASY LEMON ASPARAGUS PASTA SALAD - THE SIMPLE VEGANISTA
5/5 (2)Total Time 20 minsCategory PastaCalories 314 per serving
RECIPE: CREAMY ASPARAGUS RIGATONI WITH ROMAINE …
ASPARAGUS SALAD WITH LEMON VINAIGRETTE | THE RECIPE …
SPAGHETTI AL LIMONE WITH ASPARAGUS RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
ASPARAGUS PASTA SALAD WITH ITALIAN DRESSING - JUST A TASTE
10 BEST CREAMY PASTA SALAD DRESSING RECIPES - YUMMLY
ROASTED ASPARAGUS WITH CREAMY LEMON DRESSING - THE …
LEMON ASPARAGUS PASTA - READY IN 20 MINUTES!
CREAMY LEMON BASIL AND ASPARAGUS RICOTTA PASTA.
WHITE ASPARAGUS SALAD WITH CREAMY TOMATO DRESSING RECIPE
ASPARAGUS SALAD WITH LEMON-GARLIC DRESSING
LEMON ASPARAGUS PASTA SALAD — LIVE LEARN LOVEWELL
VEGAN LEMON ASPARAGUS PASTA | MINIMALIST BAKER RECIPES
BEST ASPARAGUS PASTA SALAD RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
12 ASPARAGUS RECIPES FOR PASTA, SALAD AND SOUP - CANADIAN LIVING
CREAMY LEMON ASPARAGUS PASTA - SALT & LAVENDER
PASTA SALAD WITH ASPARAGUS, ASIAGO AND LEMON - SAVORY SIMPLE
CREAMY ASPARAGUS PASTA RECIPE | EATINGWELL
RECIPE & VIDEO: LEMON ASPARAGUS ORZO PASTA SALAD
SPRING PASTA SALAD WITH ASPARAGUS - HOW SWEET EATS
LEMONY ASPARAGUS PASTA RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE LEMONY …
ASPARAGUS SALAD WITH LEMON-GARLIC DRESSING - RECIPES
ASPARAGUS, PEA AND CHICKPEA SPRING PASTA SALAD (WITH A CREAMY …
PASTA WITH ASPARAGUS AND CREAMY LEMON SAUCE RECIPE
LEMON ORZO SALAD WITH ASPARAGUS AND BLUEBERRY (GLUTEN-FREE)
ASPARAGUS SALAD WITH LEMON-GARLIC DRESSING - AMERICAN HEART …
BLT PASTA SALAD WITH CREAMY LEMON CHIVE DRESSING
LEMONY PASTA WITH ASPARAGUS AND BACON RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
GRILLED ASPARAGUS PASTA SALAD - THE ALMOND EATER
ARUGULA SALAD WITH BALSAMIC DRESSING ON TRIVET RECIPES
ASPARAGUS SALAD WITH LEMON-GARLIC DRESSING | AMERICAN HEART …
10 BEST CREAMY PASTA SALAD DRESSING RECIPES | YUMMLY
MEDITERRANEAN PASTA SALAD WITH ASPARAGUS - SIMPLE BITES
ASPARAGUS SALAD RECIPE - LOVE AND LEMONS
LEMONY RED PEPPER AND ASPARAGUS PASTA SALAD
SHAVED ASPARAGUS & FENNEL SALAD & MEYER LEMON DRESSING RECIPE
ROASTED ASPARAGUS PASTA SALAD - SOMETHING NUTRITIOUS
#weeknight #60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #healthy #side-dishes #pasta #vegetables #easy #beginner-cook #dietary #low-cholesterol #low-calorie #low-in-something #pasta-rice-and-grains #penne #asparagus
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make pasta salad with asparagus?For the pasta salad: Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook according to the package directions, just until al dente. Add the asparagus and cook it with the pasta for 1 more minute. Drain the pasta and asparagus then rinse with cold water and drain thoroughly. Transfer the pasta and asparagus to a large bowl.
How to cook penne pasta with asparagus?Stir in penne and return to a boil. Cook pasta uncovered, stirring occasionally, for about 8 minutes. Penne will still be slightly firm. Stir asparagus into the pot with the boiling penne pasta and bring back to a boil; cook until pasta is tender and asparagus is softened but still bright green, about 3 more minutes.
What can I do with lemon sauce for asparagus?This lemon sauce is such a simple way to dress up roasted asparagus….or any simply cooked asparagus for that matter, such as grilled, steamed, or sautéed. In fact, this sauce is also a quick and easy way to dress up pretty much any plainly cooked vegetable, from potatoes to green beans to broccoli.
How do you cook asparagus in a saucepan?Place asparagus in a large saucepan with enough water to cover; cook until crisp-tender. Drain and cool. In a large bowl, combine asparagus with the remaining ingredients; toss to coat.