AUTHENTIC SPANISH PAELLA
This is one of my all time favorite dishes. I've been experimenting for a year now and I think I've finally got it perfect. This recipe is for an 18" pallera cooked on an open flame (a weber grill works perfectly). For a smaller pan and stovetop cooking half the recipe. Note: Some purists say an 'authentic' paella doesn't mix meat and seafood. I see it as a matter of taste, and most of the paella I've had from various regions throughout Spain has been mixed. I leave the arguments to the old men in Valencia.
Provided by parisucks
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 16
- It's best to have all of your ingredients prepared before you start cooking.
- Prepare the rabbit by separating the legs, cutting remaining meat into small slices and lightly salting. (In my area rabbit is seasonal. During the summer and fall I substitute with chicken legs).
- I peel my shrimp, leaving only the tail and then salt them. In Spain they tend to leave the shrimp unshelled.
- I always try to make my chicken stock from scratch (time permitting), adding a bit of rosemary, a tiny pinch of saffron and a bit of thyme. If you're going to use bouillon, I'd recommend at least heating it up with these herbs and then straining before you start.
- Keep your stock hot but not boiling as you cook.
- Coat the bottom of your pallera/pan with olive oil.
- Brown your chorizo over high heat for 1-2 minutes. Do not fully cook, just get the outside well browned. Set aside. This should add a nice red color and a hell of a flavor to your oil.
- Brown the Rabbit for 2-3 minutes. It should not be fully cooked. Set aside.
- Brown garlic, onion and bell pepper until they're softened, adding plum tomatoes shortly before the mixture is finished.
- Push the vegetables to one side of the pan and on the other add the half can of tomato paste. Caramelize it, flipping it and spreading it until it begins to loosen (1-2 min over hight heat).
- Mix all of the vegetables and meats together with the caramelized tomato paste also adding the paprika, parsley and thyme.
- Add rice, mixing together and stirring as the rice browns (1-1 1/2) minutes. As the rice browns mix in the saffron. Make sure to break it between your fingers and stir it in to release all those tasty oils.
- When the rice is slightly translucent add enough chicken stock to cover the whole mixture. If it's been kept warm, it will begin to boil almost immediately. Lower to a medium heat but keep it at a steady boil.
- This is where paella is made and broken. I stir a few times in the first 5-10 minutes, adding broth as necessary to keep the rice fully covered. After this you must let the paella SIT! Let it cook another 10-20 minutes (I find that this step takes longer on a stovetop), adding broth bit by bit to keep the rice submerged until the rice on the top is al dente. Don't worry about rice burning to the bottom, this part (which actually has a name which escapes me at the moment, it's something like socarrat) is a tasty delicacy.
- Once you've stirred the paella for the last time and are letting cook, when you have about 8 minutes left to cook lay shrimp on top, turning over after 2-4 minutes to cook other side.
- When the rice on top is still quite al dente, take paella off of heat and cover. You must let it sit for 15-20 minutes. I've taken the lid off prematurely and ended up with a crunchy mess. Patience is the key.
- Once you're sure it's ready uncover, garnish with lemon wedges and enjoy!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 913, Fat 28.7, SaturatedFat 9.6, Cholesterol 149.9, Sodium 1183.3, Carbohydrate 101.2, Fiber 4.7, Sugar 10.2, Protein 58.6
- Rinse the rice with cold water; drain; set aside. Bring the chicken stock to a boil in a saucepan over medium-high heat, reduce the heat to low, cover, and keep warm. Work the garlic, parsley, curry powder, saffron threads, salt, black pepper, and 1/2 cup of the hot chicken stock together with a mortar and pestle until a smooth liquid forms; set the seasoning liquid aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a paella pan over medium-high heat; cook and stir the onion until lightly browned. Stir in the chicken, shrimp, lobster, and clams; cook and stir until the chicken is no longer pink in the center, about 10 minutes. Pour in the seasoning liquid.
- Stir in the rice, pour in the hot chicken stock, and simmer until the rice is nearly tender, about 15 minutes. Add mushrooms, peas, and mussels; stir two times, and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat; cover and let stand until rice is soft and flaky, about 7 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 591.1 calories, Carbohydrate 54 g, Cholesterol 152.8 mg, Fat 21.8 g, Fiber 2.7 g, Protein 42 g, SaturatedFat 5.4 g, Sodium 1032.2 mg, Sugar 1.6 g
THE ULTIMATE PAELLA
For a taste of seaside Spain, serve Tyler Florence's The Ultimate Paella recipe, an authentic rice dish studded with chicken, chorizo, clams, shrimp and lobster.
Provided by Tyler Florence
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 20
- Combine the paprika and oregano in a small bowl. Rub the spice mix all over the chicken and marinate chicken for 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Heat oil in a paella pan over medium-high heat. Saute the chorizo until browned, remove and reserve. Add chicken skin-side down and brown on all sides, turning with tongs. Add salt and freshly ground pepper. Remove from pan and reserve.
- In the same pan, make a sofrito by sauteing the onions, garlic, and parsley. Cook for 2 or 3 minutes on a medium heat. Then, add tomatoes and cook until the mixture caramelizes a bit and the flavors meld. Fold in the rice and stir-fry to coat the grains. Pour in water and simmer for 10 minutes, gently moving the pan around so the rice cooks evenly and absorbs the liquid. Add chicken, chorizo, and saffron. Add the clams and shrimp, tucking them into the rice. The shrimp will take about 8 minutes to cook. Give the paella a good shake and let it simmer, without stirring, until the rice is al dente, for about 15 minutes. During the last 5 minutes of cooking, when the rice is filling the pan, add the lobster tails. When the paella is cooked and the rice looks fluffy and moist, turn the heat up for 40 seconds until you can smell the rice toast at the bottom, then it's perfect.
- Remove from heat and rest for 5 minutes. Garnish with peas, parsley and lemon wedges.
AUTHENTIC SPANISH SEAFOOD PAELLA
- Rouchly chop 3 cloves of garlic, finely dice 1/2 onion, finely chop 1/2 red bell pepper and cut 1 cleaned tube of squid into small squares
- Heat a paella pan with a medium-high heat and add in 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil, after 1 minute season the olive oil with sea salt and add in the cut squid, mix with the olive oil and cook for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes, then remove from the pan and set aside, then add in the diced onion & chopped garlic into the pan, mix with the olive oil, after 1 minute add in the chopped bell pepper and continue to mix so everything evenly sautees
- After 3 minutes, add in 1/2 cup tomato sauce and season everything with 1/2 tsp sweet smoked paprika, sea salt & black pepper, mix together, after 2 minutes and the tomato sauce has thickened, add the squid back into the pan, mix together and then add in 2 1/2 cups fish broth
- Once the broth comes to a boil add in 1 cup round rice, give it one final mix so everything is evenly distributed, after 5 to 6 minutes add in the shrimp and the cleaned mussels, after another 5 minutes, lower the fire to a low-medium heat and simmer until all the broth has been absorbed by the rice, then hit back to a medium-high heat to achieve the socarrat, just go between 1 to 2 minutes, then remove the pan from the heat and cover
- After 5 minutes uncover the pan, and garnish the paella with lemon wedges and finely chopped parsley, enjoy!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 365 kcal, Carbohydrate 11 g, Protein 2 g, Fat 36 g, SaturatedFat 5 g, Sodium 325 mg, Fiber 3 g, Sugar 6 g, UnsaturatedFat 30 g, ServingSize 1 serving
AUTHENTIC PAELLA VALENCIANA
I lived in Spain for two years where I was taught the art of making the Paella which originated in Valencia. I haven't found anything on here which is even close to authentic, so I thought I would add this recipe for those who would like to try a taste of Spain. First and foremost you will need a special paella pan called a paellera or just a paella. Trust me after you taste this you'll be glad you bought the special pan.
Provided by Jason Nelson
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Heat a paella pan over medium-high heat, and coat with olive oil. Add the chicken, rabbit and garlic; cook and stir until nicely browned. Move the browned meat to the sides of the pan, and add the tomato, butter beans, peas, and green beans. Season with paprika, and mix well.
- Fill the paella pan almost to the top with water, measuring the water as you put it in. This is to help you to determine how much rice to add, as paella pans come in different sizes. Bring to a boil. Simmer for about 1 hour to make a nice broth.
- Season with a generous amount of salt, and just enough saffron to make a nice yellow color. Season with thyme and rosemary if desired. The goal is to make a rich tasting broth that will soak into the rice to make it delicious. Stir in half as much rice as the amount of water in the pan. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer until all of the liquid has been absorbed, about 20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 783.4 calories, Carbohydrate 87.3 g, Cholesterol 82.1 mg, Fat 31.3 g, Fiber 4.5 g, Protein 34.2 g, SaturatedFat 8.6 g, Sodium 327.8 mg, Sugar 2.1 g
TRADITIONAL SPANISH PAELLA RECIPE
Paella is one of the few dishes that can truly represent an entire country. It is one of the most popular Spanish dishes all over the world, and it should come as no surprise given how delicious it is. Spanish paella is a dish that is eaten throughout the year, and you can find it in any restaurant in Spain. Different provinces and regions have their own version, and here we'll focus on the Andalusian version.
Provided by Paulina
Categories Rice Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Clean and peel the prawns. Use the shells and head to make broth. Reserve it. Also, clean the squid and chop them in a round shape.
- After that clean the seashells with plenty of water to clean them from any sand residue.
- In a paella pan, or very large and deep frying pan, sauté the onion, garlic, pepper, and tomato minced in small squares in olive oil. Add a little pepper and salt.
- Put the squid and then the seashells. Let them cook for a few minutes. You will see that a broth starts to form, this is fine.
- Add the 2 cups of rice and stir to mix everything. Then add 4 cups of the shrimp broth that you made earlier. If you don't have enough, complete with water.
- Stir well. Add a teaspoon of yellow saffron powder and boil for about 3 minutes.
- Then add the fresh peas, the prawns, and the parsley, (previously chopped). Check the salt and pepper and add more if necessary.
- Cook until the liquid is almost completely gone. At this time you can put some prawns with their shells. Lower the heat and cover.
- After that, cook for 15 minutes and taste the rice grain. If it's ready, remove it from the heat and serve your seafood paella warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 246.8 calories, Carbohydrate 16.3 grams carbohydrates, Cholesterol 152.7 milligrams cholesterol, Fat 7.8 grams fat, Fiber 1.7 grams fiber, Protein 26.9 grams protein, SaturatedFat 1.6 grams saturated fat, ServingSize 1, Sodium 415.4 milligrams sodium, Sugar 1.5 grams sugar
EASY AUTHENTIC PAELLA RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: arborio rice, extra virgin olive oil, medium onion, medium tomato, fresh dill, chicken breast, stock, pine nuts, raisin, large onion, salt and pepper
Provided by Yuna Grafft
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic, and tomato and cook gently.
- Then, add chicken & chorizo until brown on all sides.
- To this, add soaked rice and pour stock until it barely covers the rice.
- Add shrimp on top & cover. Rice is done cooking when no water remains.
- Decorate with lemon.
- Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 694 calories, Carbohydrate 114 grams, Fat 15 grams, Fiber 6 grams, Protein 22 grams, Sugar 8 grams
More about "authentic paella recipes"
SPANISH PAELLA | RECIPETIN EATS
SPANISH PAELLA RECIPE | THE SPANISH CUISINE
BEST-EVER PAELLA RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE PAELLA - DELISH
CLASSIC SPANISH PAELLA RECIPE | PAELLA RECIPES | TESCO …
PAELLA SEAFOOD RECIPE, THE MOST AUTHENTIC SPANISH PAELLA
PAELLA RECIPE - BBC FOOD
SPANISH PAELLA RECIPE (PAELLA VALENCIANA) - SPANISH SABORES
5/5 (23)Total Time 1 hr 15 minsCategory MainCalories 1166 per serving
- Heat a paella pan over medium-high heat and add the olive oil. Swirl to coat the entire base of the pan. Add the salt in a circle around the diameter of the pan. This will keep the meat from splattering too much once cooking.
- Add the chicken and pork ribs or rabbit (if using) and cook until golden brown. I recommend moving the meat every five minutes for about 20 minutes in total. The browned, caramelized bits that stick to the pan will give lots of flavor to the paella.
- Push the meat away from the center of the pan, and add the green beans and cook for about three minutes.
- Move the beans to the edge and add the garlic. Sauté for about 30 seconds, making sure not to burn.
PAELLA VALENCIA/PAELLA VALENCIANA – AUTHENTIC PAELLA RECIPE
PAELLA, 14 WAYS - FOOD.COM
TRADITIONAL AND AUTHENTIC SPANISH RECIPES - BARCELONA PAELLA …
SPANISH PAELLA RECIPE - TASTES BETTER FROM SCRATCH
TRADITIONAL SPANISH PAELLA RECIPE | MYRECIPES
TRADITIONAL VALENCIAN PAELLA RECIPE | TRADITIONAL FOOD
AUTHENTIC PAELLA RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
AUTHENTIC PAELLA RECIPE (STEP-BY-STEP VIDEO!) | HOW TO …
AUTHENTIC SPANISH VEGETABLE PAELLA | SO GOOD YOU WON´T MISS THE …
HOW TO COOK SPANISH PAELLA – TRADITIONAL RECIPE AND TASTY …
SEAFOOD PAELLA RECIPE - SPANISH SABORES
MY TRADITIONAL SPANISH PAELLA - JULIA RECIPES
9 WAYS TO MAKE THE BEST PAELLA EVER | SAVEUR
PAELLA - CAFE DELITES
SPANISH SEAFOOD PAELLA - THE SPANISH RADISH
THE ULTIMATE GUIDE TO MAKING PAELLA VALENCIANA | IBéRICO CLUB
PAELLA RECIPES - BBC FOOD
AUTHENTIC SPANISH CHICKEN PAELLA RECIPE - BASCO
HOW TO COOK AUTHENTIC SPANISH SEAFOOD PAELLA RECIPE? JUST LIKE THIS!
HOW TO COOK THE PERFECT PAELLA | SPANISH FOOD AND DRINK - THE …
PAELLA AUTHENTIC RECIPE | TASTEATLAS
AUTHENTIC CHICKEN PAELLA RECIPE - CILANTRO PARSLEY
SPANISH PAELLA RECIPES | AUTHENTIC PAELLA RECIPES | BASCO
PAELLA VALENCIANA- HISTORY, VARIETIES & AUTHENTIC RECIPE
PAELLA RECIPES: 14 EASY AND TASTY RECIPES TO CHOOSE FROM!
PAELLA RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
AUTHENTIC SPANISH PAELLA RECIPE WITH SEAFOOD - CHEF BILLY PARISI
THE SPANISH TABLE: PAELLA RECIPE
RECIPES - SPANISH PAELLAS,PAELLA PANS,PAELLA BURNERS
AUTHENTIC VALENCIAN PAELLA RECIPE - GLOBE SCOFFERS
TRADITIONAL SPANISH PAELLA RECIPE | MYRECIPES
AUTHENTIC SEAFOOD PAELLA - A PLEASANT PLATE
⭐ HOW TO MAKE THE AUTHENTIC SPANISH SEAFOOD PAELLA RECIPE ⭐
You'll also love