SCALLOPS WRAPPED IN BACON
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the bacon strips on the parchment paper and bake until just beginning to get golden around the edges but still very pliable, 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside until cool enough to handle.
- Preheat a grill to medium-high heat.
- Season the scallops on all sides with the Essence and salt. Wrap each scallop in 1 piece of the bacon, securing it through the center with a bamboo skewer. Repeat with the remaining scallops.
- When the grill is hot, brush the grates lightly with oil, then place the scallops on the grill and cook, turning frequently, until just cooked through about 7 minutes total. Transfer to a platter and sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper to taste. Garnish each scallop with a dab of the butter and serve immediately.
- Recipe from "New New Orleans Cooking", by Emeril Lagasse and Jessie Tirsch
- Published by William Morrow, 1993.
- Combine all ingredients thoroughly.
BACON WRAPPED SCALLOPS
I love making these appetizers at Christmas time. Always well received!! I'm guessing on the servings, depends on the size of the scallops.
Provided by MizzNezz
Categories Very Low Carbs
Yield 40 appetizers
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Cut bacon strips in half.
- Wrap a piece of bacon around each scallop; secure with toothpick.
- Arrange the wrapped scallops on a baking sheet.
- Broil 5 inches from heat for 3 minutes per side, or until bacon is crisp.
- In small skillet, melt butter; add garlic and saute 1 minute,.
- Add broth and bring to a boil.
- Cook 2 minutes.
- Place scallops in large bowl; pour broth over, Gently toss to coat.
EASY BACON-WRAPPED SCALLOPS
- If serving as an appetizer, keep the toothpicks in place; if serving as a main dish, carefully remove them before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 42 kcal, Carbohydrate 1 g, Cholesterol 11 mg, Fiber 0 g, Protein 5 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, Sodium 187 mg, Sugar 0 g, Fat 2 g, ServingSize 24 servings, UnsaturatedFat 0 g
BACON WRAPPED SCALLOPS WITH SPICY MAYO
- Heat the broiler. Wrap each scallop in a piece of bacon and secure it with a toothpick. Place the bacon wrapped scallops onto a baking sheet, drizzle them with olive oil, and season them with salt and pepper. Cook them under the broiler for about 10 to 15 minutes until the bacon is cooked through, turning once.
- Make the spicy mayo by combining the mayonnaise, chili paste, lime juice, and chopped cilantro. Stir well and refrigerate until ready to use.
- To serve, carefully peel away the lettuce leaves and line a large platter with the lettuce cups. Top each with a bacon wrapped scallop, 2 slices of avocado, and a spoonful of spicy mayonnaise. Garnish with cilantro leaves.
MARINATED SCALLOPS WRAPPED IN BACON
- Stir together maple syrup, soy sauce, and Dijon mustard in a bowl until smooth. Add the scallops, and toss to coat. Cover bowl with plastic wrap, and marinate at least one hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line a rimmed baking sheet with a sheet of aluminum foil.
- Arrange bacon pieces on baking sheet so they do not overlap. Bake in preheated oven until some of the grease has rendered out of the bacon; the bacon should still be very soft and pliable, about 8 minutes. Remove bacon from the baking sheet and pat with paper towels to remove excess grease. Drain or wipe grease from the baking sheet.
- Wrap each scallop piece with a piece of bacon, and secure with a toothpick. Place onto baking sheet. Sprinkle the scallops with brown sugar.
- Bake in preheated oven until the scallops are opaque and the bacon is crisp, 10 to 15 minutes, turning once.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 83.1 calories, Carbohydrate 9.1 g, Cholesterol 17.2 mg, Fat 2.1 g, Protein 6.9 g, SaturatedFat 0.6 g, Sodium 269.7 mg, Sugar 7 g
I found this recipe on another website and tweaked it to suit my family's tastes. We really enjoyed this recipe and hope you will too!
Provided by Dreamgoddess
Categories < 60 Mins
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- If you prefer, the bacon can be pre-cooked for a couple of minutes in the microwave to insure it will be crispy by the time the scallops are done.
- Do not overcook the scallops as they will be rubbery.
- Cut each piece of bacon in half to make 24 pieces.
- Roll a piece of bacon around each scallop and secure on wooden skewers.
- Place scallops on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with Old Bay and creole seasoning.
- Both seasonings contain salt, so don't overdo it!
- Amounts listed are what I used.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 15-18 minutes, or until the scallops are done.
- The bacon should be crispy.
- While the scallops are cooking, combine the ketchup, brown sugar and vinegar in a saucepan to make the dipping sauce.
- Mix well and cook until the sugar is dissolved.
- Serve the scallops with the dipping sauce.
When I'm looking for more special appetizer, this is the recipe I reach for. I've also served these savory scallops for dinner.-Pamela MacCumbee, Berkeley Springs, West Virginia
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 20 appetizers.
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Fold a spinach leaf around each scallop half. Wrap bacon over spinach and secure with a toothpick. Place on baking sheet or broiler pan. , Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 6 minutes on each side or until bacon is crisp. Remove toothpick. Squeeze lemon over each. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 145 calories, Fat 13g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 20mg cholesterol, Sodium 206mg sodium, Carbohydrate 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 5g protein.
More about "bacon wrapped scallops recipes"
10 BEST BACON WRAPPED SCALLOPS SAUCE RECIPES | YUMMLY
EASY BACON WRAPPED SCALLOPS - PINCH AND SWIRL
BACON-WRAPPED SCALLOPS RECIPE - KAY CHUN | FOOD & WINE
10 BEST BACON WRAPPED SCALLOPS RECIPES | YUMMLY
BACON-WRAPPED SCALLOPS | RECIPE - RACHAEL RAY SHOW
GRILLED BACON WRAPPED SCALLOPS - A LICENSE TO GRILL
BACON-WRAPPED SCALLOPS | KITCHN
BACON WRAPPED SCALLOPS | EMERILS.COM
BACON WRAPPED SCALLOPS RECIPE (BAKED SCALLOPS)
BACON WRAPPED SCALLOPS - DINNER AT THE ZOO
SEARED BACON WRAPPED SCALLOPS & ROASTED VEGGIES W/ GOAT CHEESE
BACON WRAPPED SCALLOPS RECIPE | GRILL MATES
PERFECT BACON WRAPPED SCALLOPS - DOMESTIC DREAMBOAT
BACON WRAPPED SCALLOPS WITH MAPLE GLAZE - CARMAN BROOK FARM, …
BEST BACON WRAPPED SCALLOPS RECIPE - BUTTER N THYME
BACON-WRAPPED SCALLOPS OVEN APPETIZER RECIPE
BBQ BACON WRAPPED SCALLOPS - CRISPY BACON + BIG CREAMY SCALLOPS
BACON WRAPPED SCALLOPS - THE KITCHEN MAGPIE
BACON-WRAPPED SCALLOPS - YUMMLY RECIPES
BACON WRAPPED SCALLOPS - PERFECT EASY SCALLOPS APPETIZER
EASY BACON WRAPPED SCALLOPS (PAN-SEARED) - EVOLVING TABLE
BACON WRAPPED SCALLOPS | MARINATED TO PERFECTION | DISHES DELISH
BACON WRAPPED SCALLOPS - JO COOKS
BROWN SUGAR BACON WRAPPED SCALLOPS RECIPE - SWEET CS DESIGNS
BEST BACON-WRAPPED SCALLOPS WITH CHILI BUTTER RECIPE
GRILLED BACON WRAPPED SCALLOPS - PINCH AND SWIRL
6 BACON-WRAPPED SCALLOP RECIPES YOU'LL LOVE | ALLRECIPES
BACON-WRAPPED SCALLOPS | METRO
BACON-WRAPPED SCALLOPS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
SEA SCALLOPS AND BACON RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
BACON WRAPPED SCALLOPS RECIPE | OC WILD SEAFOOD
BACON-WRAPPED SCALLOPS | THE MODERN PROPER
BACON WRAPPED SCALLOPS (BROIL, GRILL OR AIR FRY) - SPEND WITH PENNIES
HOW TO COOK BACON-WRAPPED SCALLOPS ON THE GRILL - Z GRILLS® BLOG
AIR FRYER BACON WRAPPED SCALLOPS - SKINNYTASTE
BACON WRAPPED SCALLOPS AIR FRYER RECIPE - TASTY OVEN
BACON-WRAPPED SCALLOPS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
BRIGHT LEAF RECIPE: SEARED BACON WRAPPED SCALLOPS & ROASTED …
BACON WRAPPED SCALLOPS RECIPE IN THE OVEN | WHOLESOME YUM
BACON WRAPPED SCALLOPS - MAEBELLS
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #appetizers #main-dish #seafood #dinner-party #dietary #scallops #shellfish
You'll also love