BAKED ASPARAGUS SPINACH RISOTTO
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a dutch oven heat oil over medium flame.
- Add onions, saute until softened.
- Add rice, stirring to coat well.
- Stir in spinach, salt, nutmeg, and 2 cups of stock.
- Bring to a simmer and cook 7 minutes.
- Stir in 1/4 c cheese.
- Cover and bake in oven 15 minutes.
- Stir in asparagus and remaining 1/4 c cheese. add 1/2-1 cup of stock if mixture is dry.
- Bake for an additional 15 minutes or until liquid is almost absorbed.
BAKED ASPARAGUS AND SPINACH RISOTTO (COOKING LIGHT)
I love risotto and needed to find one I could bake in the oven while I cooked dinner on the stove top. This is a very easy risotto that tastes great and was described as "no fail" on the Cooking Light website. To me, risotto is the ultimate comfort food that can always be served to company! And this one requires no slaving over the pot!
Provided by Dwynnie
Categories Short Grain Rice
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook 4 minutes or until tender.
- Add rice and stir well, then stir in spinach, broth, salt, and nutmeg.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook 7 minutes.
- Stir in 1/4 cup cheese.
- Cover and bake at 400° for 15 minutes.
- Stir in asparagus and sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheese. Add the additional cup of broth if needed.
- Cover and bake an additional 15 minutes or until liquid is almost absorbed.
RISOTTO WITH ASPARAGUS
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Peel the bottom third of the asparagus stalks with a vegetable peeler. Snap each stalk where it breaks naturally; reserve 4 of the peeled bottoms for crostini (below). Thinly slice 6 asparagus bottoms and place the rest of the bottoms in a saucepan with 8 cups water and the thyme to make asparagus broth; bring to a simmer.
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the shallot and cook, stirring, until translucent, about 2 minutes. Add the rice and cook, stirring, until glossy, about 1 minute. Add 1 1/4 teaspoons salt. Pour in the wine and stir until absorbed. Stir in 1/2 cup of the asparagus broth until absorbed (use a ladle to add the broth, keeping the solids in the pan). Continue to add broth in 1/2-cup increments, stirring constantly and allowing the liquid to be absorbed before adding more, about 10 minutes. (You should have about half the broth left.) Stir in the sliced asparagus bottoms and the lemon zest. Add the remaining broth, 1/2 cup at a time, until the rice is just tender, 5 to 8 more minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the asparagus tips in a large skillet, cover with water and season with salt and pepper. Simmer over medium-high heat until just tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons butter, the parmesan and lemon juice to the risotto. Stir in the lettuce, remove from the heat and season with salt. Divide among bowls, top with the robiola and season with pepper. Drizzle the asparagus tips with olive oil and spoon over the risotto.
Creamy, cheesy, keto-friendly vegetables. Bonus: All of the ingredients can be found at Costco®! Our family loved it. Throw something crunchy on top of the finished product if desired, such as Parmesan crackers or bacon crumbles.
Provided by Steven James
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Spread asparagus across the bottom of a 9x13-inch casserole dish. Scatter artichoke hearts on top. Place the casserole dish in the oven; this will remove some residual moisture from the vegetables as the oven heats.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place spinach and mushrooms in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat in microwave until moisture evaporates, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer spinach and mushrooms into a pot over medium heat. Add heavy cream, cream cheese, and broth. Cook and stir continuously until cream cheese melts and sauce thickens, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low. Stir in Italian seasoning and garlic powder; cook until flavors meld, about 3 minutes.
- Remove casserole from the oven; pour sauce over the vegetables. Top with Cheddar cheese slices.
- Bake in the preheated oven until top is lightly browned and edges are crumbly, about 20 minutes. Let cool for about 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 326.3 calories, Carbohydrate 8.3 g, Cholesterol 93.6 mg, Fat 29.5 g, Fiber 2.8 g, Protein 10.2 g, SaturatedFat 17.8 g, Sodium 599.7 mg, Sugar 0.7 g
- Melt the butter in the pan and add the onions on medium-low heat.
- Cook for 4 minutes, then add the garlic.
- Cook for 1 minute, then add the rice.
- Stir until well coated.
- Add 1/2 cup of stock to the rice, stirring until absorbed.
- Then add the asparagus.
- Continue adding the stock in 1/2 cup increments, stirring after each addition until the stock has been absorbed.
- (Should take about 20-25 minutes.) Add the cream, cheese, and basil stirring gently to combine.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 518.1, Fat 16.7, SaturatedFat 9.6, Cholesterol 46.2, Sodium 1173.6, Carbohydrate 68.6, Fiber 4.4, Sugar 3.2, Protein 22.4
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In an ovenproof saucepan or Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, until translucent, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the rice and cook, stirring to coat the grains with oil, about 1 minute.
- Stir in the wine and cook until it has completely evaporated, about 1 minute. Stir in 1 1/2 cups water, the stock, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil. Cover, transfer to the oven, and bake, until most of the liquid has been absorbed by the rice, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Stir in 1/2 to 3/4 cup water (the consistency of the risotto should be creamy), the butter, cheese, and parsley. Serve immediately.
ASPARAGUS AND BOCCONCINI RISOTTO BAKE (SLICE)
This is a simple baked risotto with asparagus, baby spinach and mini bocconcini cheese. If you use Gluten Free liquid stock the dish will be gluten free. It makes a large dish and its great served warm with a salad. Left-overs are also great and reheat well. It's also a good dish for buffets or picnics. Kids love it too! It has a lot of ingredients but is very easy to make
Provided by Jubes
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 10-12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Melt the butter and oil in a large pan. Add the sliced leek and garlic. Cook, stirring, until the leek is tender. Add the rice and continue to stir for one minute.
- Add the liquid stock, the water and cream. Mix to combine.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in asparagus, spinach leaves, parmesan and parsley. Remove from the heat and stir in the eggs.
- Spoon in 1/2 of the rice mixture into a greased 12 cup ovenproof dish. Arrange the bocconcini over the rice. Top with the remaining mixture. Sprinkle over the tasty cheese. I use a lasagne dish to make this recipe.
- Cook uncovered 180 degrees celcius for 25 minutes or until the rice is tender.
- Stand at least 10 minutes before serving. The slice cuts better the longer that it is left.
OVEN-BAKED SPINACH RISOTTO
- Set oven to 375 degrees F.
- Butter a 1-1/2-quart casserole dish.
- Heat oil and butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add in green pepper, onion and garlic; saute for about 5 minutes.
- Add in the rice; stir to coat well.
- Stir in fresh spinach leaves, chicken broth and about 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, black pepper and salt and cayenne pepper; bring to a boil; simmer for about 3 minutes stirring constantly.
- Transfer mixture to the prepared casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with about 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese (or to taste).
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the rice is tender.
ASPARAGUS AND TRUFFLE RISOTTO
I've been trying various alternatives of risotto and landed on this one with truffle oil as my favorite. I'll still be experimenting and adding more in the future. Serve with extra Parmesan cheese on top and a few truffle slices if you have them.
Provided by JD
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter and olive oil in a large pan over medium heat until melted. Stir in bell pepper, onion, and garlic and cook until tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Add rice and stir to coat, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Pour wine into mixture and stir until absorbed. Add 1 cup of broth, stirring until absorbed. Add 1/2 cup of broth, stirring until absorbed; repeat process of adding 1/2 cup of broth until all is used. Stir in asparagus with the last cup of broth. Stirring in the broth should take 15 to 20 minutes in all. When finished, the rice should be tender yet firm to the bite.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese, truffle oil, and remaining 2 tablespoons butter. Stir in milk to taste and to desired creaminess. Cover and let stand for 3 to 5 minutes. Serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 364.8 calories, Carbohydrate 50.1 g, Cholesterol 26 mg, Fat 13.7 g, Fiber 1.7 g, Protein 6.7 g, SaturatedFat 5.8 g, Sodium 965.2 mg, Sugar 2.5 g
LEMON ASPARAGUS RISOTTO
- Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Bring water to a boil. Add asparagus, cover, and steam until tender, about 5 minutes. Cut asparagus into 1-inch pieces; set aside.
- Heat chicken broth in a saucepan over medium heat; keep at a simmer while preparing risotto.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir onion and celery until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper. Stir in garlic and arborio rice; cook and stir until rice is lightly toasted, about 5 more minutes.
- Pour white wine into rice mixture, stirring constantly, until liquid is evaporated, about 5 minutes. Stir chicken broth into rice, one ladleful at a time, allowing liquid to absorb completely before adding more while stirring constantly, about 20 minutes. Add asparagus and stir.
- Remove from heat and mix in Parmesan cheese, lemon juice and lemon zest. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 356.9 calories, Carbohydrate 53.4 g, Cholesterol 7.6 mg, Fat 8.7 g, Fiber 2.8 g, Protein 11.1 g, SaturatedFat 2.2 g, Sodium 355.2 mg, Sugar 3.7 g
BAKED ASPARAGUS RISOTTO
Cooking your Italian rice in the oven saves you laborious stirring time - plus this one's low in fat and calories
Provided by Cassie Best
Categories Dinner, Main course
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Heat the oil in an ovenproof casserole dish, add the onion and cook for 5 mins until softened. Add the rice and cook for 1 min more, stirring to coat in the oil. Tip in the soup and stock, season and stir well to combine, then bring to the boil. Cover and place in the oven.
- Bake for 15 mins, then remove the dish from the oven, give the rice a good mix, stirring in the parsley. Place the asparagus and tomatoes on top of the rice. Return to the oven, uncovered, for a further 15 mins. Scatter with the cheese to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 403 calories, Fat 8 grams fat, SaturatedFat 4 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 70 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 6 grams sugar, Fiber 4 grams fiber, Protein 12 grams protein, Sodium 1.3 milligram of sodium
It's Italian! From its creamy texture and slow cooking to its flavors of garlic, pine nuts and Parmesan, this side dish is a keeper.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In 3- to 4-quart saucepan, heat broth and water to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer while preparing risotto.
- Meanwhile, in 10-inch skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion, carrot and garlic; cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onion and carrot are tender. Stir in wine; cook 1 minute or until wine boils. Stir in rice, salt and 1 cup simmering liquid. Cook until liquid is absorbed into rice, stirring frequently. Continue to add liquid, 1 cup at a time, cooking until liquid is absorbed and stirring frequently.
- When 4 cups liquid have been absorbed, stir in asparagus. Test rice for doneness, and continue adding 1/2 cup liquid at a time until rice is tender but still firm and creamy (process takes 15 to 20 minutes).
- Remove skillet from heat. Stir in pine nuts and cheese. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 350, Carbohydrate 58 g, Cholesterol 15 mg, Fat 1 1/2, Fiber 1 g, Protein 13 g, SaturatedFat 3 1/2 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 780 mg, Sugar 2 g, TransFat 0 g
Put asparagus centre stage in this satisfying risotto. Top with a sprinkling of parmesan for an easy midweek meal for two
Provided by Barney Desmazery
Categories Dinner, Main course, Supper
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Snap the woody ends off the asparagus stalks and tip them into a saucepan with the stock. Put on a low heat to very gently simmer. Meanwhile, cut off the tips of the asparagus, add to the stock for exactly 1 min. Scoop out with a slotted spoon and set aside. Finely slice the rest of the stalks into rounds.
- Heat the oil and half the butter in a heavy, wide pan. Cook the onions gently for 5 mins until soft, stirring often. Add the chopped asparagus stalks and cook for 2 mins more. Add the rice and continously stir for a few minutes until it turns semi-transparent and makes a hissing sound.
- Stir in the wine, if using - it will evaporate almost immediately. Reduce the heat to a gentle simmer. Add the stock, a ladleful at a time, stirring between each addition until it is absorbed, about 15 mins.
- Try the rice - it should feel just cooked with a slight bite to it. Stir in the asparagus tips and any last dregs of stock and cook for 1 or 2 mins more. Remove from the heat and top with the remaining butter and most of the parmesan. Season generously, cover and leave for a few minutes to settle.
- Give the risotto a thorough stir to incorporate the butter and cheese and serve straight away with the remaining parmesan for sprinkling over.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 623 calories, Fat 22 grams fat, SaturatedFat 10 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 80 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 8 grams sugar, Fiber 6 grams fiber, Protein 15 grams protein, Sodium 1.5 milligram of sodium
ROASTED ASPARAGUS RISOTTO
This recipe's wow factor makes it perfect for special occasions. To save time, the asparagus and prosciutto can be roasting while the rice cooks on the stovetop. They'll be ready to stir into the risotto by the time the rice is done. -Deonna Mazur, Buffalo, New York
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Place asparagus in an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking sheet. Bake, uncovered at 400° until crisp- tender, stirring occasionally, 20-25 minutes., Meanwhile, place prosciutto in another ungreased baking pan. Bake at 400° until crisp, 10-12 minutes. Crumble prosciutto; set aside prosciutto and asparagus., In a large saucepan, heat broth and keep warm. In a large skillet, saute shallot and garlic in oil until tender. Add rice; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes. Reduce heat; stir in the wine, pepper and salt. Cook and stir until all the liquid is absorbed., Add heated broth, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly. Allow the liquid to absorb between additions. Cook until risotto is creamy and rice is almost tender, 20 minutes., Add the asparagus, prosciutto and cheese; cook and stir until heated through. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 311 calories, Fat 7g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 28mg cholesterol, Sodium 962mg sodium, Carbohydrate 44g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 16g protein.
BAKED RISOTTO WITH ASPARAGUS, SPINACH, AND PARMESAN
Yield 4 1 cup servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion; cook 4 minutes or until tender. Add rice; stir well. Stir in spinach, broth, salt, and nutmeg. Bring to a simmer; cook 7 minutes. Stir in 1/4 cup cheese. Cover and bake at 400° for 15 minutes. Stir in asparagus; sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheese. Cover and bake an additional 15 minutes or until liquid is almost absorbed.
RISOTTO WITH CHICKEN AND ASPARAGUS
- Bring chicken stock to a boil in a small saucepan, then keep warm over low heat.
- Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir in the garlic and cook 30 seconds until fragrant. Add the cubed chicken, and continue cooking until firm and lightly browned; set aside.
- Heat remaining 2 teaspoons olive oil in the saucepan and cook onions until they soften and turn translucent, about 1 minute. Stir in the rice, and continue cooking until the rice turns opaque, and the onion begins to brown.
- Stir in the wine and asparagus; cook, stirring constantly, until the wine evaporates. Reduce heat to medium, and stir in 1/3 of the hot chicken stock. Cook, stirring constantly, until all of the liquid has been absorbed, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Stir in another 1/3 of the chicken stock and continue cooking and stirring until absorbed, 8 to 10 minutes. Season the risotto with oregano and basil. Pour in the remaining stock, and stir until absorbed again, 8 to 10 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper, then stir in the Parmesan cheese and chicken cubes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 877.3 calories, Carbohydrate 104.7 g, Cholesterol 104.3 mg, Fat 22.5 g, Fiber 4.6 g, Protein 50.8 g, SaturatedFat 6.5 g, Sodium 1074 mg, Sugar 5 g
BAKED RISOTTO WITH GREENS AND PEAS
This easy baked risotto eliminates the constant stirring required in traditional risotto recipes. It's laden with vegetables, namely kale and spinach, but other leafy greens like Swiss chard or collard greens would work equally well. If you happen to have some extra asparagus, sub it in for the peas. This risotto makes a great starter or side dish, but you can also turn it into a vegetarian main course by using vegetable or mushroom stock in place of the chicken broth, and topping it with sautéed mushrooms, a fried egg or crispy tofu slices. Leftovers can be refrigerated for two days and reheated with more broth, or repurposed into crunchy rice cakes or arancini. Simply form into patties or balls, coat in bread crumbs and shallow-fry until golden and crunchy.
Provided by Kay Chun
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. In a large Dutch oven, heat oil over medium. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and stir until fragrant, 1 minute. Add rice, season with salt and pepper, and stir until coated in oil and lightly toasted, 2 minutes.
- Add kale, season with salt and pepper, and stir until wilted, 30 seconds. Add broth and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Cover and bake until almost all of the liquid is absorbed and rice is tender, about 20 minutes.
- Stir in spinach and peas until spinach is wilted. Add Parmesan, butter and lemon juice, and stir until well blended and saucy. (Liquid will continue to absorb as risotto sits.) Season with salt and pepper. Serve in bowls and top with more Parmesan.
More about "baked asparagus and spinach risotto cooking light recipes"
BAKED VEGETABLE RISOTTO WITH ASPARAGUS AND SPINACH
4.8/5 (4)Total Time 1 hrCategory Main CourseCalories 328 per serving
- Heat your oven to 400 degrees F. Peel your onion and finely chop it. (You will end up with about 2 cups of chopped onion; don't use any more than that.)
- In a 5-quart pot, heat your olive oil on medium-high. Add the chopped onion and give it a stir to coat it with the oil. Let the onion cook for about five minutes, or until tender.
- Stir in your rice until it's combined. Then, stir in your spinach, stock, salt and pepper. Cover the pot and bring it to a simmer. When it starts to simmer, uncover the pot and cook the mixture for seven minutes.
- While the pot is simmering, grate your Parmesan, if needed. (I throw chunks of cheese in my blender.) After the pot has simmered for seven minutes, stir in 1/2 cup of your Parmesan.
BAKED RISOTTO WITH ASPARAGUS, SPINACH, & PARMESAN RECIPE
4/5 (9)Calories 309 per servingServings 4
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion; cook 4 minutes or until tender. Add rice; stir well. Stir in spinach, broth, salt, and nutmeg. Bring to a simmer; cook 7 minutes. Stir in 1/4 cup cheese.
- Cover and bake at 400° for 15 minutes. Stir in asparagus; sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheese. Cover and bake an additional 15 minutes or until liquid is almost absorbed.
LEMON RISOTTO WITH ASPARAGUS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
CLASSIC SPINACH RISOTTO RECIPE (VIDEO) | COOKTORIA
SPRING ASPARAGUS RISOTTO RECIPE | MYRECIPES
RISOTTO CHICKEN BAKE - THERESCIPES.INFO
BAKED ASPARAGUS AND SPINACH RISOTTO COOKING LIGHT RECIPE
ASPARAGUS AND LEMON RISOTTO (COOKING LIGHT) - BIGOVEN
ASPARAGUS RISOTTO | RICARDO
OVEN BAKED ASPARAGUS RISOTTO - MADELEINE SHAW
SPRINGTIME ASPARAGUS BARLEY "RISOTTO" | RICARDO
6 ASPARAGUS RISOTTO RECIPES FIT FOR FANCY DINNERS | ALLRECIPES
RACHEL ALLEN’S OVEN BAKED RISOTTO WITH SUMMER VEGETABLES RECIPE
BEST ASPARAGUS RISOTTO – A COUPLE COOKS
RECIPEDB - COSYLAB.IIITD.EDU.IN
BAKED RISOTTO WITH GRILLED ASPARAGUS | WILLIAMS SONOMA
RECIPES, DINNERS AND EASY MEAL IDEAS | FOOD NETWORK
SPRING PEA AND ASPARAGUS RISOTTO - COOKIE AND KATE
ASPARAGUS RISOTTO: IT'S EASIER THAN YOU THINK! - SHE LOVES BISCOTTI
BARLEY RISOTTO RECIPE | KITCHN
10 BEST OVEN BAKED RISOTTO RECIPES - YUMMLY
BAKED MUSHROOM BACON AND SPINACH RISOTTO | DONNA HAY
NO-STIR RISOTTO WITH RADISHES, ASPARAGUS AND ARTICHOKES
BAKED SPINACH AND PEA RISOTTO RECIPE | REAL SIMPLE
SPRING RECIPE: BAKED RISOTTO WITH PEAS, ASPARAGUS & PANCETTA
10 BEST ASPARAGUS SPINACH MUSHROOM RECIPES | YUMMLY
RISOTTO WITH ASPARAGUS & SPINACH - BIGOVEN.COM
ASPARAGUS RISOTTO RECIPE - LOVE AND LEMONS
SPINACH RISOTTO RECIPE (WITH LEMON) - KYLEE COOKS
RECIPEDB - COSYLAB.IIITD.EDU.IN
ASPARAGUS RISOTTO - RACHAEL RAY IN SEASON
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you cook risotto with asparagus?Add heated broth, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly. Allow the liquid to absorb between additions. Cook until risotto is creamy and rice is almost tender, 20 minutes. Add the asparagus, prosciutto and cheese; cook and stir until heated through.
How do you cook rice with onions and asparagus?Cook the onions gently for 5 mins until soft, stirring often. Add the chopped asparagus stalks and cook for 2 mins more. Add the rice and continously stir for a few minutes until it turns semi-transparent and makes a hissing sound. Stir in the wine, if using – it will evaporate almost immediately. Reduce the heat to a gentle simmer.
How do you make Rachel Allen’s risotto?Rachel Allen flavours her risotto with asparagus, peas and spinach. Preheat the oven to 180C. Heat the olive oil in an oven-proof saucepan, add the peas and spinach and cook, stirring all the time, for 2 minutes until the spinach wilts. Add about 50ml of stock and puree in a blender or food processor. Set aside.
How do you cook risotto without drying it out?Reduce heat; stir in the wine and pepper. Cook and stir until all the liquid is absorbed. Add heated broth, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly. Allow the liquid to absorb between additions. Cook until risotto is creamy and rice is almost tender, 20 minutes. Add the asparagus, prosciutto and cheese; cook and stir until heated through.