BAKED ACORN SQUASH
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place squash in a shallow baking pan, cut side down.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until tender.
- Turn cut side up; season with salt and pepper, dot with butter and sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Bake for 20 minutes more.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 319.8 calories, Carbohydrate 56.7 g, Cholesterol 30.5 mg, Fat 11.9 g, Fiber 11.2 g, Protein 3 g, SaturatedFat 7.4 g, Sodium 97.4 mg, Sugar 19.8 g
MAPLE-ROASTED CHICKEN & ACORN SQUASH
When I became a new mother, my mom helped me find comforting and simple recipes to have on hand. This terrific roast chicken is a happy discovery. -Sara Eilers, Surprise, Arizona
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 450°. Cut squash lengthwise in half; remove and discard seeds. Cut each half crosswise into 1/2-in. slices; discard ends. Place squash, carrots and onion in a greased 13x9-in. baking pan; top with chicken, skin side down. Roast 10 minutes., Turn chicken over; drizzle with maple syrup and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast 25-30 minutes longer or until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 170°-175° and vegetables are tender.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 363 calories, Fat 14g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 81mg cholesterol, Sodium 497mg sodium, Carbohydrate 36g carbohydrate (23g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
CHICKEN STUFFED ACORN SQUASH
- Preheat oven to 400f degrees.
- Add water to a casserole that will hold the two haves of the squash; microwave on high for 5 minutes or until squash meat is fork soft; drain water out and set aside in casserole.
- Spray a non stick frypan with veggie spray; add ground chicken, onion and fennel bulb, scramble fry until the chicken is no longer pink, about 10 minutes.
- Add the dried cranberries, cumin, coriander, salt and pepper; scramble fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the yogurt and stir thourgh, cook for another 2 minutes.
- Fill the squash halves with the filling; bake at 400f degrees for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle cheese over tops and return to oven for a further 10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 418.4, Fat 19.1, SaturatedFat 8.7, Cholesterol 128.4, Sodium 597.4, Carbohydrate 32.6, Fiber 4.9, Sugar 6.2, Protein 32.7
BAKED CHICKEN AND ACORN SQUASH
This eye-pleasing main dish is ideal for harvesttime with its colorful acorn squash and sweet peaches. The fragrance of rosemary-seasoned chicken baking is heavenly. My family says it's every bit as delicious as it smells.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Cut squash in half lengthwise; discard seeds. Cut each half widthwise into 1/2-in. slices; discard ends. Place slices in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with garlic and drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil. , In a large skillet, brown chicken in remaining oil. Arrange chicken over squash. Combine the brown sugar, rosemary and salt; sprinkle over chicken. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes, basting with pan juices twice. , Pour peaches over chicken and squash. Bake, uncovered, 15 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 180°.
Nutrition Facts :
CHICKEN CURRY IN ROASTED ACORN SQUASH
- Preheat the oven to 450°.
- Cut the squash in half. Rub it with half the oil and the salt and pepper.
- Place on baking sheet and roast until flesh is soft and brown, about 25 minutes.
- While squash is roasting, heat the remaining oil in large pan over medium heat. add the chicken, bell pepper and onion. Sauté for 3 minutes then add the curry powder, milk and raisins. Mix thoroughly. Simmer over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Serve a scoop of the chicken curry inside the roasted squash, garnish with cilantro.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Turn acorn squash upside down onto a cookie sheet. Bake in a 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) oven until it begins to soften, approximately 30 to 45 minutes.
- Remove squash from the oven and turn onto a plate so that the flesh is facing upwards. Place butter and brown sugar into the squash, and place remaining squash over the other piece. Place squash in a baking dish (so the squash won't slide around too much) while baking.
- Place squash in the 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) oven and bake another 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 188.7 calories, Carbohydrate 35.8 g, Cholesterol 15.3 mg, Fat 6 g, Fiber 3.2 g, Protein 1.8 g, SaturatedFat 3.7 g, Sodium 51.2 mg, Sugar 17.9 g
BAKED CHICKEN AND SQUASH
Baked chicken is paired with sweet acorn squash and a savory marinade for a hearty dish that will warm up a chilly night.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield Makes 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Heat oven to 375ºF. Mix dressing and garlic. Pour over chicken in large bowl; toss to coat chicken. Refrigerate 30 min. to marinate. Meanwhile, pierce squash with fork. Microwave on HIGH 5 min. Cut squash in half; remove seeds. Cut each half into 6 pieces.
- Place chicken in 2 (13x9-inch) baking dishes; top with squash, butter and sugar.
- Bake 1 hour or until squash is tender and chicken is done (165ºF).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 420, Fat 22 g, SaturatedFat 7 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 125 mg, Sodium 320 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 4 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 38 g
More about "baked chicken and acorn squash recipes"
CHIPOTLE CHICKEN STUFFED BROWN SUGAR ROASTED ACORN SQUASH ...
4.3/5 (52)Total Time 2 hrs 2 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 598 per serving
- Brush the insides of each acorn squash with 2 tablespoons melted butter and then sprinkle on the brown sugar, salt and pepper. Place in roasting pan and bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until the flesh of the squash is fork tender. Remove from the oven and swirl the liquid around the flesh of the squash and coat it well, trying to use up all the sauce/butter that formed while baking, then discard any remaining liquid.
- While the squash the squash is baking also bake the chicken. Place the chicken in a baking dish and toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the chicken is no long pink in the middle. During the last 10 minutes of cooking add the chopped spinach to one side of the baking dish and toss with a drizzle of olive oil. Place back in the oven until the spinach is wilted, about 5 -10 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool 10 minutes, then shred the chicken with two forks or your hands.
- In a medium size bowl combine the remaining olive oil, lime juice, garlic, chipotle peppers, fresh cilantro, oregano, cumin, chili powder, cinnamon, salt and pepper. Set aside.
HEALTHY CHICKEN AND ROASTED ACORN SQUASH RECIPE - …
Servings 4Total Time 1 hr
- Rinse off the chicken breasts. Fill a medium stockpot with water and add the herbs, bay leaf, garlic, salt and peppercorns. Bring the water to a boil and add the chicken breasts.
ROASTED CHICKEN THIGHS WITH ACORN SQUASH • NOMAGEDDON
Servings 4Total Time 1 hr 20 minsEstimated Reading Time 5 mins
- Heat a medium cast iron (or other heavy bottomed) skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil and heat for a minute. Add the lemons and sauté until browned on each side (about 1-2 minutes per). Set aside to cool.
- In a large glass bowl, toss the chicken with cooked lemon slices, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, sage, coriander, 1 mustard seeds, salt, and pepper. Let stand covered for 30 minutes.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine brown butter, maple syrup, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and chile powder. Simmer for 3 minutes. Toss the liquid with the acorn squash.
ONE PAN CHICKEN WITH BACON AND ACORN SQUASH - COOKING FOR ...
4/5 (2)Total Time 55 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 460 per serving
- 30 minutes before cooking, if you have time, set the chicken out so it can come to room temperature. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spread bacon on a large rimmed baking sheet. Bake in the oven for about 8 minutes or until the bacon begins to render about 1 tablespoon of fat. While using oven mitts, drain the bacon fat from the corner of the pan. Reserve.
- While the bacon cooks, add butter to a small skillet. Turn the heat on medium-high. Once the butter begins to melt and brown on the edges, swirl the pan. Continue to swirl the pan until the butter turns a deep brown and smells nutty. Pour into a medium bowl to cool.
- Once the butter has cooled slightly (about 1 minute), add brown sugar, paprika, garlic powder, cinnamon, and half of the sage to the bowl. Whisk to combine. Add the chicken breasts and use your hands to massage the rub into the breasts. Season the chicken on both sides with about 1 teaspoon of salt and a little bit of freshly cracked black pepper. Place the chicken breasts around the bacon on the sheet pan. Make sure there is no bacon under the chicken, as you want the bacon to crisp up.
BAKED CHICKEN WITH SQUASH & CARROTS | RECIPES | WW USA
Servings 1Total Time 8 mins
ONE PAN CHICKEN AND SQUASH DINNER - LET THE BAKING BEGIN!
4.8/5 (12)Total Time 1 hr 30 minsCategory EntreeCalories 686 per serving
- Preheat oven to 375°F with the baking rack in the middle. Line a jelly roll baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Distribute everything in the jelly roll pan. Bake in a preheated to 375°F oven for 1 hour. Increase heat to 425 and bake for another 10-20 minutes until the chicken is golden in color.
CHICKEN AND ACORN SQUASH SHEET PAN DINNER - THE LEMON …
4.7/5 (19)Total Time 50 minsCategory Dinner, EntreeCalories 261 per serving
- Brush chicken and squash with olive oil then sprinkle evenly with cinnamon, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Roast until chicken reaches internal cooking temperature of 165 degrees or higher (about 35-40 minutes.)
MAPLE ROASTED CHICKEN WITH ACORN SQUASH RECIPE
Servings 4Total Time 55 minsAuthor Ivy ManningCalories 401 per serving
BAKED CHICKEN AND ACORN SQUASH RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
Servings 4Total Time 2 hrs
CHICKEN AND WILD-RICE-STUFFED ACORN SQUASH | HY-VEE
3.7/5 (84)Calories 290 per servingServings 6.5
CHICKEN AND MUSHROOM STUFFED ACORN SQUASH - GOURMET DONE ...
Cuisine AmericanCategory Main/SideServings 4Calories 338 per serving
BALSAMIC ROASTED CHICKEN THIGHS WITH ACORN SQUASH AND SAGE ...
ACORN SQUASH AND CHICKEN BREAST RECIPES | SPARKRECIPES
10 BEST CHICKEN STUFFED ACORN SQUASH RECIPES | YUMMLY
WALKER'S IGA - RECIPE: PEACHY BAKED CHICKEN AND ACORN SQUASH
BAKED CHICKEN AND ACORN SQUASH RECIPE
BAKED CHICKEN AND ACORN SQUASH - COOKEATSHARE
MIDWAY IGA - RECIPE: PEACHY BAKED CHICKEN AND ACORN SQUASH
EASIER BAKED ACORN SQUASH - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
CHICKEN AND ACORN SQUASH RECIPES
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you cook acorn squash in the oven?Place squash in a shallow baking pan, cut side down. Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until tender. Turn cut side up; season with salt and pepper, dot with butter and sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon. Bake for 20 minutes more. See a simple recipe for delicious roasted acorn squash.
How to cook squash and chicken in the oven?Directions Preheat oven to 450°. Cut squash lengthwise in half; remove and discard seeds. Turn chicken over; drizzle with maple syrup and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast 25-30 minutes longer or until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 170°-175° and vegetables are tender.
How to cook squash and carrots in the oven?Cut each half crosswise into 1/2-in. slices; discard ends. Place squash, carrots and onion in a greased 13x9-in. baking pan; top with chicken, skin side down. Roast 10 minutes. Turn chicken over; drizzle with maple syrup and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
How much butter do you put in acorn squash?Ingredients 1 2 acorn squash, halved and seeded 2 salt and pepper to taste 3 ¼ cup butter, diced 4 6 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar 5 ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon More ...