QUESADILLAS IN THE OVEN!
These baked quesadillas in the oven are easy to make on a sheet pan and have the best crispy exterior! Game changer, right here.
Provided by Sonja Overhiser
Categories Main Dish
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Drain the rinse the beans, then mix them with the olive oil and seasonings. Thinly slice the green onion.
- Brush a baking sheet with a bit of olive oil. Place the tortillas on the sheet and rub them to coat them in olive oil.
- On each tortilla, place 2 tablespoons cheddar cheese, 1 tablespoon seasoned beans, 1 tablespoon green onion, 2 tablespoons smoked mozzarella, 1 tablespoon pico de gallo, and 1 pinch kosher salt. If desired, add a drizzle of hot sauce. Fold over the tortilla into a half circle (this makes it easy to flip, instead of making full quesadillas with 2 tortillas). Complete for each tortilla, then brush the tops with oil.
- Bake 8 minutes. Then flip and bake 6 to 7 minutes more until browned and crisp on the outside. Cut into 3 wedges each with a pizza cutter. Serve topped with cilantro and sour cream, and with guacamole and extra pico de gallo for dipping.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 326 calories, Sugar 1.5 g, Sodium 511.6 mg, Fat 12.7 g, SaturatedFat 6.5 g, TransFat 0.3 g, Carbohydrate 32.9 g, Fiber 6.2 g, Protein 21.6 g, Cholesterol 37.8 mg
This is a great recipe for parties. I freeze the leftovers; they reheat quite well. The zesty chicken and cooked peppers are a succulent delight when mixed with the melted cheeses. Cut the quesadillas into wedges and serve with sour cream and salsa.
Provided by Heather
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat the broiler. Grease a baking sheet.
- Toss the chicken with the fajita seasoning, then spread onto the baking sheet. Place under the broiler and cook until the chicken pieces are no longer pink in the center, about 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the green bell peppers, red bell peppers, onion, and chicken. Cook and stir until the vegetables have softened, about 10 minutes.
- Layer half of each tortilla with the chicken and vegetable mixture, then sprinkle with the Cheddar cheese, bacon bits, and Monterey Jack. Fold the tortillas in half and Place onto a baking sheet.
- Bake quesadillas in the preheated oven until the cheeses have melted, about 10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 244.2 calories, Carbohydrate 21.8 g, Cholesterol 34.9 mg, Fat 11.3 g, Fiber 1.7 g, Protein 13.7 g, SaturatedFat 5.5 g, Sodium 504.3 mg, Sugar 1.8 g
BAKED CHICKEN QUESADILLAS
"I created these after ordering something similar at a local restaurant," explains Deborah Hord of Concord, North Carolina. "My husband loves the crispy tortillas and spicy filling."
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Coat one side of two tortillas with cooking spray; place coated side down on an ungreased baking sheet. Top each with chicken, tomatoes and cheese. Cover with remaining tortillas; spritz tops with cooking spray., Bake at 450° for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into wedges. Garnish with lettuce, olives and tomatoes if desired.
Nutrition Facts :
BAKED BEAN AND CHEESE QUESADILLAS
These quesadillas have little in common with fast-food varieties, which are made with flour tortillas and a lot more cheese. A Taco Bell cheese quesadilla has 480 calories and 1,000 milligrams of sodium; if you order cheese quesadillas at Baja Fresh, you're asking for 1,200 calories and 2,140 milligrams of sodium. I make a meal out of quesadillas by including beans or vegetables with the cheese, and I use corn tortillas rather than flour. Another plus: Quesadillas make a great destination for leftovers. Beans in a thick sauce make a delicious and comforting quesadilla filling.
Provided by Martha Rose Shulman
Yield One serving
Number Of Ingredients 4
- In a microwave: Place a corn tortilla on a plate. Top with the beans. Lightly mash the beans with the back of a spoon. Sprinkle on the cheese, and top with the remaining tortilla. Press down gently, then microwave for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes until the cheese has melted. Remove from the microwave, cut into quarters or sixths and serve.
- In a pan: Place a corn tortilla in a pan. Top with the beans. Lightly mash the beans with the back of a spoon. Sprinkle on the cheese. Turn the heat to medium-high, and heat until the cheese begins to melt. Place the remaining tortilla on top of the cheese, and press down lightly. Flip over the quesadilla in the pan, and heat for about 30 seconds or until the cheese has melted. Flip back over, and remove to a plate. Cut into quarters or sixths and serve.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 289, UnsaturatedFat 4 grams, Carbohydrate 40 grams, Fat 10 grams, Fiber 6 grams, Protein 14 grams, SaturatedFat 6 grams, Sodium 482 milligrams, Sugar 7 grams
Quick-cooking ground beef is the perfect ingredient for on-the-run cooks. Try serving these quesadillas with your favorite taco toppings, such as sour cream, salsa, guacamole, chopped tomatoes, shredded lettuce and sliced olives.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a large skillet, cook the beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the beans, chilies, oregano, cumin and salt. Cook over medium-low heat for 3-4 minutes or until heated through. , Brush one side of each tortilla with butter. Spoon 1/2 cup of the meat mixture over half of unbuttered side. Sprinkle with 1/3 cup cheese; fold in half. , Place on a lightly greased baking sheet. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake at 475° for 10 minutes or until crisp and golden brown. Cut into wedges.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 488 calories, Fat 27g fat (15g saturated fat), Cholesterol 90mg cholesterol, Sodium 960mg sodium, Carbohydrate 33g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 29g protein.
If you don't like frying them, try baking! Quesadillas can be made with whatever filling ingredients you have on hand and can easily be made into a vegetarian meal. (I've merely included what I normally use.) Ingredient amounts are very rough, adjust to suit your taste. You can saute the veggies first if you like, but I personally can't tell a difference in taste, so I leave them raw.
Provided by lucky ladybug
Categories Low Cholesterol
Yield 2 quesadillas, 2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lay out two tortillas on two baking sheets.
- Sprinkle a layer of cheese over each tortilla.
- Sprinkle other toppings over each tortilla.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the fillings.
- Lay the other tortillas on top.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and tortillas have reached desired crispiness.
- Top with salsa and sour cream.
- Other ideas: fill with onions, jalapenos, tomatoes, cilantro, whatever leftover meats you have on hand, diced or ground. You could also top with guacamole.
CHICKEN CHILI SHEET PAN QUESADILLA
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Brush a half sheet pan or rimmed cookie sheet with half of the butter.
- Arrange 2 tortillas along the longest side of the sheet pan with half hanging over the rim; repeat with the other long side of the pan. Place one tortilla, also half hanging over, at each end. Place 1 tortilla in the center so the whole bottom of the sheet pan is covered.
- Sprinkle evenly with half of the shredded cheese, all of the chicken, taco seasoning, chiles, corn and olives. Place spoonfuls of the salsa over the top and spread evenly. Top with the remaining cheese.
- Place 1 tortilla in the center of the pan, on top of the filling, and then fold up the overhanging tortillas so that the filling is completely covered. Brush with the remaining butter, top with another sheet pan and press down firmly.
- Bake until the tortillas are crispy and the inside is melted and hot, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Carefully remove the top sheet pan. Slice the quesadilla into squares and serve with avocado, sour cream, lime and cilantro.
- Combine chicken, cheese,dressing and chiles together in a bowl.
- Place about 1/2 cup of chicken mixture on each torilla.
- Fold in half to seal.
- Place quesadillas on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 F for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- If desired garnish with salsa and guacamole.
- You can put any kind of cheese you like.
More about "baked quesadillas recipes"
BAKED QUESADILLAS - CRISPY BAKED QUESADILLAS - SHEET PAN …
5/5 (77)Category Main CourseCuisine AmericanTotal Time 45 mins
- As a note, keep in mind that the prep time will depend on what you like in your quesadilla. It could take less than 15 minutes to throw together or longer if you have to make turkey or chicken.
- To make the turkey, heat a skillet over medium heat and add in the ground turkey, breaking it apart with a wooden spoon. Season it with the cumin, paprika, chili powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Stir well, continuing to break apart the meat into small crumbles. Cook until the turkey has browned. You can do this ahead of time. It also freezes great.
- To make the quick pico, toss the tomatoes, onion, cilantro and lime juice together in a bowl. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper
BAKED QUESADILLAS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
QUESADILLA!!! | RECIPETIN EATS
OVEN QUESADILLA RECIPE - (BAKED QUESADILLA) - WHISK IT …
BEST SHEET PAN QUESADILLA RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE SHEET …
QUESADILLA RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
BAKED SPINACH MUSHROOM QUESADILLAS - DIZZY BUSY AND …
WEEKNIGHT OVEN QUESADILLA RECIPE - THE EASIEST …
BAKED QUESADILLAS WITH AUTHENTIC MEXICAN CHEESE
EASY AND YUMMY BAKED QUESADILLA RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
RANCH BAKED QUESADILLAS RECIPE | HIDDEN VALLEY® RANCH
CRISPY BAKED CHICKEN QUESADILLAS RECIPE - LITTLE SPICE JAR
OVEN BAKED CHICKEN QUESADILLAS | RECIPETIN EATS
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST OVEN BAKED CHICKEN QUESADILLAS …
BAKED QUESADILLAS RECIPE - THE PROTEIN CHEF
5/5 (1)Calories 276 per servingCategory Appetizer, Main Course
OVEN BAKED SHEET PAN QUESADILLAS - EASYDINNERRECIPES.COM
EASY BAKED QUESADILLA RECIPE - FAMILIES WITH GRACE
HOW TO MAKE QUESADILLAS | COOKING SCHOOL | FOOD NETWORK
PIONEER WOMAN SHEET PAN QUESADILLA - HALF-SCRATCHED
SHEET PAN QUESADILLA - JO COOKS
BAKED CHICKEN QUESADILLAS | THE MODERN PROPER
EASY BAKED SHEET PAN QUESADILLAS RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
BAKED QUESADILLAS RECIPE | @ATKINS
EASY OVEN BAKED SHEET PAN QUESADILLAS - MIDWEST FOODIE
BAKED QUESADILLAS (DAIRY-FREE) - SUNDAY SUPPER MOVEMENT
BAKED QUESADILLAS – JULIA PACHECO
SALMON QUESADILLAS - JO COOKS
BAKED CHICKEN QUESADILLAS- AN EASY SHEET PAN MEAL!
BAKED QUESADILLAS RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
CRISPY OVEN-BAKED QUESADILLAS WITH BROCCOLI & CHEDDAR
CHICKEN QUESADILLA BEST RECIPES
EASY BAKED CHICKEN QUESADILLAS - THIS IS NOT DIET FOOD
OVEN-BAKED TACO QUESADILLAS - CHEF ALLI
BAKED CHICKEN QUESADILLA RECIPE - COOKIST.COM
BAKED QUESADILLAS RECIPE | @ATKINS | RECIPE | RECIPES, COOKING, …
CRISPY BAKED CHICKEN FAJITA QUESADILLAS | GIMME DELICIOUS
BAKED HAM AND CHEESE QUESADILLA RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
CREAMED MUSHROOM AND SPINACH QUESADILLAS | RACHAEL RAY
SHEET PAN BREAKFAST QUESADILLAS RECIPE | PRACTICALLY HOMEMADE
EASIEST BAKED CHICKEN QUESADILLAS RECIPE — THE MOM 100
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #preparation #main-dish #dietary
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How long to bake quesadillas?To make the quesadillas, place a tortilla on the baking sheet and fill one size with a sprinkling of cheese, the turkey, black beans, salsa, pico and another sprinkling of cheese. Fold over the tortilla and brush the top side with olive oil. Repeat with remaining tortillas. Bake for 8 minutes. Gently flip and bake for 8 minutes more.
Are quesadillas baked or fried?These quesadillas are baked rather than fried. It uses far less oil than the traditional quesadilla, but spraying the pan and brushing the top tortilla with vegetable oil retains some of that crispiness. There's also no need to get the perfect fold because these quesadillas use a full tortilla for both the top and bottom.
Can you make chicken quesadillas in the oven?Baked Chicken Quesadillas made in the oven so you can make multiple quesadillas at the same time! Stuffed with Mexican seasoned chicken and capsicum/bell peppers, plenty of gooey cheese and enclosed with crispy golden brown tortilla, this is how you can make quesadillas for a crowd without standing over the stove, making them one by one.
How to cook beef quesadillas in a skillet?Spoon 1/2 cup of the meat mixture over half of unbuttered side. Sprinkle with 1/3 cup cheese; fold in half. Place on a lightly greased baking sheet; sprinkle with paprika. Bake until crisp and golden brown, 8-10 minutes. Cut each quesadilla into 3 wedges. Can you make beef quesadillas in a skillet?