BANANAS FOSTER ICE CREAM
- In food processor, place bananas, milk and brown sugar. Cover; process 45 seconds or until smooth and creamy. Add rum exteract and vanilla; process with 4 or 5 quick on-and-off motions to combine.
- Transfer mixture to container with tight-fitting lid. Freeze at least 1 hour 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until desired consistency.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 110, Carbohydrate 24 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Fiber 2 g, Protein 1 g, SaturatedFat 0 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 5 mg, Sugar 15 g, TransFat 0 g
BANANAS FOSTER ICE CREAM CAKE
This recipe was adapted from "Taste of the South Magazine 2006". I made this for my husband's birthday, and it was a hit with both adults and kids. This cake has alternating layers of butter cake, vanilla ice cream, cinnamon-caramel sauce, toasted pecans and is topped with bananas in cinnamon-caramel sauce. This is a decadent dessert that takes time to prepare but is so worth every minute. (Note: Preparation time includes time needed for cakes to cool and ice cream to harden between layers and atop the cake.)
Provided by MarthaStewartWanabe
Categories Frozen Desserts
Yield 8-10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 350°F Spray two 8-inch round cake tins with cooking oil. Flour lightly.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together cake mix, water, 1/2 cup softened butter and eggs at low speed. Then beat at medium speed for 4 minutes. Pour batter evenly into pans and bake for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of each cake comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 30 minutes. Then place cakes in the freezer until ready to assemble.
- Toast chopped pecans on a baking sheet in the oven for 8-10 minutes or until fragrant and lightly browned. Set aside to cool.
- Pour caramel ice cream topping into a small bowl. Add 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon and whisk until fully incorporated. Set aside. Reserve remaining caramel sauce for drizzling the cake later.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt 2 tbs. butter. Once the butter begins to bubble slightly, add sliced bananas. Saute for 2 minutes. Then add half of the caramel sauce mixture, stir until bubbling, remove from heat and set aside to cool for 15 minutes. Refrigerate until ready to place atop the cake.
- To assemble, place one cake layer onto a cake plate. Top with half the ice cream, making sure to leave at least 1/4 inch of space around the edge of the cake (to allow for melting and settling). Sprinkle with toasted pecans and drizzle with reserved caramel sauce.
- Return both ice-cream-topped cake and ice cream carton to freezer for 30 minutes. Then add second layer of cake, top with ice cream and sprinkle with pecans.
- To finish off, place bananas in a mound atop the cake. Drizzle around the edges of the cake with remaining caramel sauce and sprinkle with remaining pecans.
- Freeze for 2-4 hours or until ready to serve. If the cake is frozen-hard, allow to sit at room temperature for 5-8 minutes or until softened to your liking.
- Freeze any remaining cake.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 909.5, Fat 43.3, SaturatedFat 20.3, Cholesterol 167.7, Sodium 845.4, Carbohydrate 123.3, Fiber 3.9, Sugar 61.9, Protein 11.8
BANANA FOSTERS ICE CREAM
- Whisk together the condensed milk, whipping cream, rum, banana extract, and cinnamon in a large measuring cup. Refrigerate until cold.
- Turn your ice cream machine on and pour in the cold cream mixture. Churn until the mixture looks slushy like soft serve, about 12 to 15 minutes.
- Transfer the ice cream to another container and put plastic wrap on top of the ice cream. Cover the container tightly with a lid. Freeze for several hours until firm enough to scoop.
- Serve over sliced bananas with a drizzle of warm Rum Sauce, and whipped cream.
- Melt butter in saucepan. Stir in sugar and stir until it dissolves. Whisk in whipping cream, corn syrup, rum, and cinnamon. Simmer for a few minutes so the flavors can marry. Remove from heat and cool slightly before serving.
BANANAS FOSTER II
- In a large, deep skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in sugar, rum, vanilla and cinnamon. When mixture begins to bubble, place bananas and walnuts in pan. Cook until bananas are hot, 1 to 2 minutes. Serve at once over vanilla ice cream.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 533.8 calories, Carbohydrate 73.2 g, Cholesterol 59.5 mg, Fat 23.8 g, Fiber 3.4 g, Protein 4.6 g, SaturatedFat 12.3 g, Sodium 146.1 mg, Sugar 60.8 g
BANANAS FOSTER CAKE
I came up with this for a Mardi Gras themed birthday party. It's a super moist sour cream banana cake adapted from an Elisa Strauss recipe, with pastry cream filling, rum buttercream, and caramel sauce. You can certainly use a store bought caramel sauce, but this is incredibly better and easy to make if you're patient. I know it's an effort to make this cake, but it is a real showstopper. If you really like to bake, then it's worth every minute! Make ahead: Cake - 2 days refrigerated, 1 month frozen; Pastry Cream - 1 day refrigerated; Buttercream - 1 week refrigerated, 1 month frozen; Caramel - 1 week refrigerated
Provided by DKitc
Yield 1 9-inch Cake, 10-12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 27
- Cake: Preheat oven to 350°F Butter/flour three 9-inch cake pans. Sift flour, soda, cinnamon and salt into a large bowl. Peel bananas and mash with a fork, set aside. Beat butter and sugar with a mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, scraping bowl thoroughly between each addition. Beat in vanilla and lemon zest. Add in 1/3 of flour just until combined. Add 1/2 of sour cream just until combined. Repeat with 1/2 of remaining flour, then remaining sour cream, ending with flour. Beat in bananas. Divide batter evenly between pans and bake for 1 hour or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool cakes on a rack for 20 minutes before removing from pans.
- Pastry Cream: Heat half-and-half, 3 tablespoons sugar, and salt in small heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat until simmering, stirring occasionally to dissolve sugar.
- Meanwhile, whisk egg yolks in medium bowl until thoroughly combined. Whisk in remaining 1 tablespoon sugar and whisk until sugar has begun to dissolve and mixture is creamy, about 15 seconds. Whisk in cornstarch until combined and mixture is pale yellow and thick, about 30 seconds.
- When half-and-half mixture reaches full simmer, gradually whisk simmering half-and-half into yolk mixture to temper. Return mixture to saucepan, scraping bowl with rubber spatula; return to simmer over medium heat, whisking constantly, until 3 or 4 bubbles burst on surface and mixture is thickened and glossy, about 30 seconds. Off heat, whisk in butter and vanilla. Transfer mixture to medium bowl, press plastic wrap directly on surface, and refrigerate until cold and set, at least 3 hours or up to 48 hours.
- Buttercream: Whisk egg whites and sugar together thoroughly in a heat proof bowl. Set bowl over a pot of boiling water. Whisking constantly, heat mixture until sugar has dissolved and mixture is just too hot to dip your finger inches (Careful not to scramble the eggs!) Pour into bowl of a standing mixer and beat on high speed to make a stiff meringue (this is a swiss meringue). Continue beating on slow speed until cooled to room temp, about 10 minutes. Gradually beat in butter a few cubes at a time until all is incorporated. Beat in vanilla and rum. You can refrigerate this for up to 10 days or freeze up to a month. Bring to room temp and whisk before using.
- Caramel Sauce: In a small to medium saucepan, combine the sugar and water and cook over medium heat stirring until sugar dissolves. Stop stirring, increase heat to high, cover and bring to a full boil. (The steam will wash the sides of the pan to remove any sugar crystals.) After a minute or so, remove the lid and cook without stirring until it begins to turn a golden brown around the edges (it should take 5 to 10 minutes depending on the size of your pan). In the meantime, heat the cream until it begins to simmer. Set aside for a moment. As soon as you start to see the sugar syrup turn golden, carefully swirl the pan to redistribute the caramel. (Do not stir! The sugar will crystallize.) A few moments longer is all it will take -- just until it is an even golden color. Now, remove from the heat and slowly pour in the cream while stirring with a long-handled wooden spoon. It will bubble up furiously, so be careful not to let it overflow. Stop for a second and let it die down if necessary. Keep stirring until the mixture is smooth. Stir in salt and let cool to room temperature.
- Assembly: Spread cold pastry cream between cake layers. Ice sides and top with buttercream. Pipe a decorative border around the top edge of the cake to create a dam for the caramel. If the caramel has cooled too much to pour, warm it just until it's more fluid, but not warm enough to melt the buttercream. Pour an even layer of caramel onto the top of the cake. Save the rest for serving along side or over ice cream, or eat it with a spoon -- it's amazing!
- Decorate the cake however you like -- I use sliced bananas dipped in lemon juice and candied walnuts.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1582.8, Fat 85.1, SaturatedFat 52.3, Cholesterol 368.5, Sodium 713.6, Carbohydrate 192.1, Fiber 3.1, Sugar 149.8, Protein 15.2
BANANAS FOSTER ICE CREAM
- Cut the banana into a few pieces and place in the bowl of a food processor along with the brown sugar blend, rum, and banana liquor. Pulse until smooth. Pour in the evaporated milk, low-fat milk, almond extract, and vanilla pudding; pulse until evenly blended. Pour into a bowl and refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- Transfer the chilled banana mixture to the cylinder of an ice cream maker; freeze according to manufacturer's directions.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 261 calories, Carbohydrate 42.8 g, Cholesterol 13.9 mg, Fat 2 g, Fiber 0.5 g, Protein 7.3 g, SaturatedFat 1.6 g, Sodium 346.5 mg, Sugar 33.2 g
BANANAS FOSTER POUNDCAKE
Named after a customer at Brennan's restaurant in New Orleans, bananas Foster is traditionally served over vanilla ice cream or over pound cake. But what if we told you that you could have your bananas Foster baked into cake and glazed with that same sauce? This slightly dense, buttery cake is delicious warm, and super moist. Take care when flambéing - keep a lid nearby to smother any flames - or skip it altogether: Bypass adding the alcohol in Step 3 and simply reduce the sauce on the stovetop. And don't forget to add that scoop of ice cream and a dollop of fresh whipped cream. You'll thank us later.
Provided by Millie Peartree
Categories snack, cakes, dessert
Yield 10 to 12 servings
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Heat oven to 325 degrees and generously coat a 10-inch/12-cup Bundt cake pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Make the bananas Foster filling: Peel the bananas and cut them crosswise into 1/2-inch slices. Melt butter in a medium (10-inch) skillet over medium heat. Stir in the brown sugar and cinnamon, then add the sliced bananas. Cook, stirring occasionally, until a sugary syrup forms, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Turn off the flame (or if using an electric stove, pull the skillet off the heat) and add the liquor, if using. Return pan to the heat and, if using a gas stove, slightly tilt the pan near the flame to flambé. (If using an electric stove, light the liquid with a long-reach lighter.) Let the flames die down, swirling the pan until the alcohol burns off. Reduce heat to low and stir briefly with a wooden spoon. (Alternatively, skip adding the alcohol, add buttermilk and cook sauce just until the liquid reduces slightly.) Strain liquid from bananas into a medium bowl to separate bananas and sauce; set both aside.
- Make the cake: In a stand mixer or with a hand-held mixer on medium speed, cream together granulated sugar and butter until light and fluffy, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Sift the flour into a medium bowl. In a small bowl or liquid measuring cup, mix together the sour cream and buttermilk.
- Once the butter is creamed, add 1 egg at a time and mix until each is fully incorporated, scraping down the sides of the bowl after each addition.
- Add half the flour and mix on low speed until fully incorporated. With the mixer running, add the buttermilk mixture in a slow, steady stream and mix until fully incorporated. Add the remaining flour and mix.
- Once fully combined, add the vanilla and mix to incorporate. By hand, fold in strained bananas.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth evenly. Bake for 65 to 80 minutes, until a toothpick or cake tester comes out clean.
- While the cake cools, prepare the glaze: Sift the confectioners' sugar into the bowl with the reserved banana sauce and whisk to combine. If the glaze is too thick, thin with water (or buttermilk), 1 tablespoon at a time, until it's smooth, drizzles easily and coats the back of a wooden spoon.
- Once cake has cooled, invert it onto a large serving plate, and spoon the glaze over. Slice the cake and serve with ice cream or whipped cream and candied pralines, if desired.
BANANAS FOSTER ICE CREAM PASTRY
Try this fantastic new version of a dessert favorite! Flaky puff pastry rounds are topped with a rich topping of bananas in a warm caramel sauce then finished with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a sprinkle of toasted pecans!
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat oven to 400°F. Line cookie sheet with cooking parchment paper. On lightly floured surface, unfold pastry sheet. Roll into 10-inch square, carefully smoothing creases. Using 4- to 5-inch round cutter, cut out 4 rounds. Place on cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown and puffed.
- In 10-inch skillet, cook butter and brown sugar over low heat 2 minutes or until sugar is melted. Stir in orange juice, water, vanilla, cinnamon and salt. Cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly with whisk, until mixture is blended and smooth. Add bananas; cook 1 minute. 4 Place pastry rounds on serving plates. Top each with about 1/2 cup banana mixture and 1/4 cup ice cream. Drizzle with any remaining sauce. Sprinkle with toasted pecans; serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 610, Fat 7, Fiber 5 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 360 mg
More about "bananas foster ice cream cake recipes"
BANANAS FOSTER ICE CREAM - SHE WEARS MANY HATS
4.6/5 (11)Estimated Reading Time 3 minsServings 4Total Time 4 hrs 5 mins
- Add rum, stir to combine then bring to a simmer over medium heat. Cook for about 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add bananas, cook for about 2 minutes, coating bananas with sauce and flipping them halfway through.
BANANAS FOSTER ICE CREAM CAKE - SOUTHERN LADY …
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
BANANAS FOSTER ICE CREAM CAKE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
BANANA FOSTER PIE RECIPE FROM DAVE AND BUSTERS
BANANAS FOSTER POUND CAKE > CALL ME PMC
BANANAS FOSTER ICE CREAM CAKE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
BANANAS FOSTER CHEESECAKE RECIPE - LIFE LOVE AND SUGAR
BANANA'S FOSTER CAKE, TAKE A CLASSIC ICE CREAM DESSERT
BANANA FOSTER UPSIDE DOWN CAKE - OLGA'S FLAVOR FACTORY
BANANAS FOSTER ICE CREAM CAKE OCEANA GRILL RECIPE
BANANAS FOSTER OVER ICE CREAM AND FRIED CAKE - CHEF TOYA BOUDY
BANANAS FOSTER IS THE EASIEST ICE CREAM CAKE YOU'LL MAKE
10 BEST BANANAS FOSTER CAKE RECIPES | YUMMLY
BANANAS FOSTER - THE KITCHEN MAGPIE
EASY BANANAS FOSTER TOPPING ⋆ REAL HOUSEMOMS
BANANAS FOSTER WITH ICE CREAM RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
10 BEST BANANAS FOSTER CAKE RECIPES | YUMMLY
BANANAS FOSTER POUND CAKE (FROM SCRATCH) - OUT OF THE BOX BAKING
THE BEST BANANAS FOSTER RECIPE | LIFE LOVE & SUGAR
BANANAS FOSTER ICE CREAM CAKE - THERESCIPES.INFO
BANANAS FOSTER ICE-CREAM PASTRY RECIPE | MYRECIPES
BANANAS FOSTER ICE CREAM | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY RECIPE …
BEST LEFTOVER BANANAS FOSTER CAKE MILKSHAKE RECIPES - FOOD …
BANANAS FOSTER CAKE - LIV FOR CAKE
BANANAS FOSTER WITH ICE CREAM RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
BANANAS FOSTER RECIPE - TODAY.COM
BANANAS FOSTER ICE CREAM - THE BAKER CHICK
FROZEN BANANAS FOSTER ICE CREAM PIE RECIPE - COOKING CHANNEL
BANANAS FOSTER CAKE - ADVENTURES IN COOKING
EASY BANANAS FOSTER CAKE - ALSO THE CRUMBS PLEASE
RECIPE FOR BANANA FOSTER CHEESECAKE - THERESCIPES.INFO
PERFECT CLASSIC BANANAS FOSTER RECIPE (W/ BROWN SUGAR RUM SAUCE)
BANANAS FOSTER CAKE RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
BANANAS FOSTER BUNDT CAKE - BAKE FROM SCRATCH
BANANAS FOSTER UPSIDE DOWN CAKE - ¡HOLA! JALAPEÑO
BANANAS FOSTER CAKE - FRESH APRIL FLOURS
BANANAS FOSTER UPSIDE DOWN CAKE - LAUGHING SPATULA
BANANAS FOSTER ICE CREAM PIE - THE FIRST YEAR
#course #main-ingredient #occasion #desserts #eggs-dairy #fruit #cakes #frozen-desserts #tropical-fruit #bananas #taste-mood #sweet #birthday
You'll also love