BARBECUE TOFU SANDWICHES
- Drain the tofu between paper towels until most of the water has been squeezed out.
- Slice tofu into 1/4 inch thick slices.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet, fry tofu strips until golden brown on both sides. Add onion and cook for a few minutes, until onion is at your desired consistency.
- Pour in barbeque sauce (use more or less, according to your taste). Cook the mixture for ten minutes on low and serve on buns.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 335.8 calories, Carbohydrate 47.1 g, Fat 12.5 g, Fiber 2.1 g, Protein 9.4 g, SaturatedFat 1.7 g, Sodium 945.4 mg, Sugar 17.3 g
- Cut tofu cake horizontally (slicing parallel to work surface) into 4 rectangles and press.
- Cover the bottom of a small pan with half of barbecue sauce. One by one, rub both sides of each tofu rectangle with chile powder; place in a single layer on sauce. Top with remaining sauce. Let stand for 30 minutes.
- Preheat broiler with rack 6 inches from heat. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil; place a baking rack on top. Spray rack with cooking spray. Take tofu slabs out of the barbecue sauce and place on rack with space between pieces. Reserve leftover barbecue sauce. Broil until top of tofu is browned and bubbly, about 5 minutes.
- Turn tofu over and brush with reserved sauce. Broil until browned and bubbly, about 5 more minutes. Serve hot or at room temperature, on bread with coleslaw if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 173 g, Fat 10 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 16 g
GRILLED TOFU SANDWICH
- Preheat your oven's broiler.
- Split the pita breads in half so that you have 4 round pieces. Spread mayonnaise on one half of each one, and tahini on the other half. Place tomato slices onto the mayonnaise halves, and sprinkle with a pinch of salt. Place 2 slices of tofu onto the tahini halves, and sprinkle a few drops of soy sauce over. Place the open sandwiches on a large baking sheet.
- Broil in the preheated oven until hot and bread is slightly toasted, about 4 minutes. Close the halves of each sandwich together, and cut into wedges to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 549.2 calories, Carbohydrate 44 g, Cholesterol 7.9 mg, Fat 34.9 g, Fiber 4.7 g, Protein 19.5 g, SaturatedFat 5.1 g, Sodium 582.6 mg, Sugar 3.5 g
BBQ TOFU SANDWICH
- Place onion in a small bowl, cover with cold water and set aside. Stand tofu on it's long narrow side. Cut lengthwise into 4 slabs, each about 1/2-inch thick, and pat dry. Sprinkle with salt.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the tofu slabs. Cook until browned on both sides, about 4 minutes per side.
- Reduce heat to low. Add bbq sauce and carefully turn the tofu to coat with the sauce. Cover and cook 3 more minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine coleslaw, mayo, vinegar, garlic powder and pepper in a medium bowl. Drain the onion.
- To assemble sandwiches, place about 1/3 cup coleslaw mixture on each bun and top with a tofu slab, pickle slice and a few onion slices. Spread any sauce remaining in the pan on the top bun.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 292.6, Fat 13.4, SaturatedFat 2.2, Cholesterol 1.9, Sodium 1427.1, Carbohydrate 32.9, Fiber 4.6, Sugar 9.1, Protein 13.9
GRILLED TOFU SANDWICHES
- Press tofu.
- Whisk together fish sauce, 1/4 cup vinegar, sugar, shallot, Sriracha, and ginger. Transfer tofu to a baking dish and top with marinade. Marinate at room temperature, 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss carrots with remaining vinegar. Season with salt and refrigerate.
- Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat. Coat with vegetable oil and add tofu (reserve marinade). Grill, turning, until crisp and charred in spots, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Generously brush cut sides of baguette with olive oil. Grill until toasted and golden, about 1 minute. Top bread with grilled tofu, carrots, herbs, and a drizzle of reserved marinade.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 368 g, Fat 15 g, Fiber 5 g, Protein 24 g, SaturatedFat 2 g, Sodium 1682 g
More about "barbecue tofu sandwiches recipes"
EASY BBQ TOFU SANDWICH - COZY PEACH KITCHEN
5/5 (2)Total Time 25 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 309 per serving
- Press the tofu for 10 minutes. To do this, use a tofu press or place tofu between two plates. Weigh down the top plate with a bag of beans or a can.
- Cut the block of tofu lengthways into 5 slices. Place the rectangles in a shallow dish or plastic bag for marinating.
- Stir together the marinade ingredients in a small bowl: BBQ sauce, apple cider vinegar, water, hot sauce. Coat the tofu in the marinade. Let marinate for at least 30 minutes and up to 24 hours.
- Heat a cast iron or non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Add the oil. Once hot, add the tofu (don't add the marinade). Saute each side for 5 minutes, or until browned and crispy.
BBQ TOFU SANDWICHES | YUPITSVEGAN.COM
5/5 (3)Total Time 35 minsCategory Main Course, SandwichesCalories 379 per serving
- Wrap the drained tofu in a clean kitchen towel and place on a cutting board. Use a heavy object to press the tofu for at least 20 minutes, then slice into slabs. Prepare a plate lined with paper towels.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet. When hot, place the slabs of tofu into the skillet, and cook until browned and crisp on the bottom, 3-5 minutes. Gently flip and continue cooking until the other side is also crisp, 3-5 more minutes, then transfer to the paper towel-lined plate to absorb any excess oil.
- When the tofu has cooled, slice into thick matchstick shapes. Add to a saucepan along with the rest of the ingredients, and cook over medium-low heat until heated through and the tofu has absorbed some of the barbecue sauce.
- Adjust seasoning to taste, and serve hot on toasted sandwich rolls with other toppings of choice.
BARBECUE TOFU SANDWICHES - HEALTHIER STEPS
Ratings 2Category LunchCuisine AmericanTotal Time 28 mins
- Drain the tofu, cut into 1/4 inch slices, pat dry with a clean kitchen towel, and place in a shallow dish.
- Brush tofu slices with Bragg's Liquid Aminos, sprinkle with nutritional yeast flakes, onion powder, and garlic powder. Marinate for 20 minutes.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add tofu slices and cook until golden brown, about 4 minutes. Flip the tofu slices and cook the other side for about 3 minutes. Repeat until all slices are cooked.
- over both sides of tofu and cook for about 1 minute to dry up the excess sauce. Remove from heat and set aside.
BBQ TOFU SANDWICH RECIPE | EATINGWELL
5/5 (7)Total Time 25 minsCategory Healthy Tofu RecipesCalories 271 per serving
- Place onion in a small bowl, cover with cold water and set aside. Stand tofu on its long narrow side. Cut lengthwise into 4 rectangular slabs, each about 1/2 inch thick, and pat dry. Sprinkle with salt.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the tofu slabs (depending on the size of your pan, the tofu may slope up the sides a little). Cook until browned on both sides, about 4 minutes per side. Reduce heat to low. Add barbecue sauce and carefully turn the tofu to coat with the sauce. Cover and cook for 3 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, combine coleslaw (or cabbage), mayonnaise, vinegar, garlic powder and pepper in a medium bowl. Drain the onion.
- To assemble sandwiches, place about 1/3 cup of the coleslaw (or cabbage) mixture on each bun and top with a tofu slab, a pickle slice and a few onion slices. Spread any sauce remaining in the pan on the top buns.
EASY BBQ TOFU SANDWICH – MY ROI LIST
GRILLED TOFU SANDWICH RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
BARBECUE TOFU SANDWICHES | KEEPRECIPES: YOUR UNIVERSAL RECIPE BOX
BBQ TOFU SANDWICHES | YUPITSVEGAN.COM | TOFU SANDWICH, BBQ TOFU ...
BARBECUE TOFU SANDWICHES | RESCOOKING.COM
TOFU SANDWICH - THERESCIPES.INFO
BARBECUE TOFU SANDWICHES - BBQ RECIPES - FOODDIEZ.COM
VEGAN CRISPY KOREAN BBQ TOFU SANDWICHES - LABELESS NUTRITION
HEALTHY RECIPES: BARBECUE TOFU SANDWICHES RECIPE
TOPRECIPES | BARBECUE TOFU SANDWICHES
BBQ TOFU: A DELICIOUS RECIPE FOR VEGAN BARBECUE
MAKE THESE BBQ TOFU SANDWICHES FOR LUNCH - MEAL PREP 101
BARBECUE TOFU SANDWICHES WITH PINEAPPLE RELISH - THE …
BAKED BBQ TOFU SANDWICH + VEGAN BBQ SAUCE RECIPE
BARBECUE TOFU WRAPS RECIPE | DR. MCDOUGALL
TOFU & CHICKPEA BBQ SANDWICHES - SHE LIKES FOOD
BBQ TOFU SLIDERS - STEP BY STEP PHOTOS AND VIDEO - BUDGET BYTES
10 BEST VEGETARIAN TOFU SANDWICHES RECIPES | YUMMLY
RECIPE: BBQ TOFU SANDWICH - EASY RECIPES
CRISPY BBQ TOFU SANDWICH — MARLEY'S MENU
BARBECUE TOFU SANDWICHES RECIPE - BY EGOURMETSTORE
BARBECUE TOFU SANDWICH [VEGAN, GLUTEN-FREE] - ONE GREEN PLANET
BARBECUE TOFU SANDWICHES W/ HOMEMADE COLESLAW
GRILLED TOFU "REUBEN" SANDWICH - AT MY KITCHEN TABLE
BARBECUED-TOFU SANDWICH RECIPE | MYRECIPES
BARBECUE TOFU SANDWICHES | TOFU RECIPES VEGAN, VEGAN DISHES, …
BBQ PULLED TOFU SANDWICHES WITH CREAMY KOHLRABI SLAW
BARBECUE TOFU SANDWICHES - RECIPESRUN
BAKED BBQ TOFU - CREATE MINDFULLY
BARBECUE TOFU SANDWICH RECIPE - SNACK GIRL
"BARBECUED" TOFU RECIPE | RECIPE | VEGETARIAN SANDWICH RECIPES ...
BARBECUE TOFU SANDWICH RECIPE - EASY RECIPES
You'll also love