BARBECUED BAVETTE STEAK & TOMATO SALAD
Barbecue bavette steak and drape over Tom's simple tomato, red onion and feta salad. It makes a lovely lunch or light supper in summertime
Provided by Tom Kerridge
Categories Dinner, Lunch, Supper
Yield Serves 6-8
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Make the dressing by whisking the vinegar, oil, onion seeds and spring onions together, then set aside. Slice the tomatoes, then arrange over a large serving platter and lightly season with salt. Drizzle over most of the oil and set aside.
- Heat a barbecue or griddle pan to high and season the steak well. Cook for 2-3 mins on each side until charred but rare in the middle, then transfer to a warm plate to rest. Drizzle the remaining oil over the onions and grill until charred. Separate into rings and set aside.
- Slice the steak and arrange the tomatoes over it. Drizzle with any resting juices. Scatter over the artichokes and charred onions, then the feta and chives. To serve, drizzle over the dressing.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 253 calories, Fat 16 grams fat, SaturatedFat 6 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 6 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 4 grams sugar, Fiber 3 grams fiber, Protein 19 grams protein, Sodium 1.2 milligram of sodium
BAVETTE STEAK WITH TAHINI-VEGETABLE SALAD
Searing a boneless steak in plenty of fat gives the meat crisp edges while keeping it juicy. While you can use any cut of boneless steak in this recipe (which is adapted from Kate Kavanaugh, the owner of Western Daughters Butcher Shoppe in Denver), bavette steak, also called flap meat or sirloin tip, is a particularly flavorful and tender choice. Ms. Kavanaugh likes to serve it alongside a crunchy vegetable salad that is layered with thinly sliced strawberries and tart rhubarb and tossed with a lime-tahini dressing, but any tangy salad will work well with the richness of the meat.
Provided by Melissa Clark
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Pull the steak out of the fridge 1 hour before cooking to come to room temperature. About 5 minutes before cooking, generously season steak all over with flaky sea salt (this helps the salt retain some crunch).
- Heat a cast-iron or other heavy-duty skillet over medium-high until hot enough that a drop of water will sizzle on contact. Add ghee to the skillet and let it melt.
- Add bavette steak and cook, flipping every 2 minutes, until medium-rare, about 8 minutes total, or until medium, about 10 minutes total. (Bavette steak has a tendency to puff up as it cooks, taking longer than the average steak to reach medium-rare. You'll want to reduce the cooking time if using flank steak.) Transfer steak to a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the salad: In a small bowl, whisk together tahini, lime zest and juice, olive oil, cold water and 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt until smooth. Taste and season with more salt, if needed.
- In a large bowl, toss together strawberries, rhubarb, cucumber, turnips and radishes. Add just enough dressing to coat, then taste and add more salt, if needed. Add the greens, mint and basil to the bowl and toss gently, adding more dressing and salt, if needed.
- Slice steak against the grain and serve with salad.
More about "barbecued bavette steak tomato salad recipes"
BARBECUED BAVETTE STEAK AND TOMATO SALAD RECIPE RECIPE ...
CURIOUS CUTS: BEEF BAVETTE WITH A TOMATO SALAD - WHOLESOME ...
5/5 (1)Estimated Reading Time 3 minsCuisine Australian, Mexican, PaleoTotal Time 45 mins
- Combine marinade ingredients in a glass dish. Add meat to marinade and rub all over, cover and allow marinate for at least 30 mins at room temperature.
BAVETTE STEAK, PEACH AND TOMATO SALAD - ANOTHERFOODBLOGGER
Cuisine AustralianTotal Time 25 minsCategory BBQ, Dinner, Main CourseCalories 610 per serving
SEARED BEEF BAVETTE SALAD WITH TOMATOES AND PARSLEY RECIPE
RUSTIC GRILLED BAVETTE STEAK SALAD | RECIPE | STEAK SALAD ...
GRILLED BAVETTE STEAK RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
BAVETTE STEAK SALAD WITH NEW POTATOES, RADISHES AND ...
BARBECUED BAVETTE STEAK & TOMATO SALAD | DINNER RECIPES ...
BARBECUED BAVETTE STEAK & TOMATO SALAD - PINTEREST.COM
BAVETTE STEAK RECIPE - GRILLED BAVETTE & MISO ONIONS ...
BAVETTE STEAK - WHAT IS IT, HOW TO COOK, & MORE | OWN …
THE BAVETTE STEAK: A COMPLETE COOKING ... - SMOKED BBQ …
GRILLED BAVETTE STEAK WITH WHISKEY PEPPERCORN SAUCE
RUSTIC GRILLED BAVETTE STEAK SALAD RECIPE | KITA ROBERTS ...
BARBECUED BAVETTE STEAK & TOMATO SALAD RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
BARBECUED BAVETTE STEAK WITH TOMATO SALAD | GOODFOOD FOR US
GRILLED STEAK SALAD WITH TOMATO VINAIGRETTE RECIPE | BON ...
BAVETTE STEAK RECIPE BBQ - MAXIMO MCCORD
BARBECUED BAVETTE STEAK & TOMATO SALAD RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
GRILLED BEEF BAVETTE WITH SMOKY SALAD ONIONS RECIPE - BBC FOOD
BAVETTE STEAK RECIPES BBC - TRANSFITCON
WHAT IS BAVETTE STEAK AND HOW SHOULD YOU COOK IT? - STEAK ...
BAVETTE STEAK SALAD - BELAZU INGREDIENT COMPANY
RUSTIC GRILLED BAVETTE STEAK SALAD | RECIPE | GRILLED BEEF ...
BAVETTE STEAK RECIPES BBC AT RECIPES
NIGEL SLATER’S GRILLED BAVETTE RECIPE | FOOD | THE GUARDIAN
BAVETTE STEAK & GREEN BEANS VIDEO - JAMIE OLIVER
BARBECUED BAVETTE STEAK RECIPE WITH GREEN SAUCE - GREAT ...
RECIPES FOR HEALTHY STEAK SALAD - CHINESE CHICKEN SALAD ...
BARBECUED BAVETTE STEAK AND TOMATO SALAD | RECIPE IN 2022 ...
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook Bavette steak salad on the grill?This Rustic Grilled Bavette Steak Salad recipe is a stunner and one for your little black book of recipes. Preheat the grill for indirect heat. If using coals, stack the lit coals to one side of your grill. For gas, set one burner to high and the others to low. Close the lid and allow the grill to pre-heat. Pat the bavette steak dry.
What do you serve with barbecue Bavette steak?Barbecue bavette steak and drape over Tom's simple tomato, red onion and feta salad. It makes a lovely lunch or light supper in summertime Make the dressing by whisking the vinegar, oil, onion seeds and spring onions together, then set aside. Slice the tomatoes, then arrange over a large serving platter and lightly season with salt.
How do you season a Bavette steak?You always want to slice bavette steak against the grain to ensure that the pieces you serve have the correct texture and are extra tender to eat. To season this cut, generously use a dry rub of your choice, such as a Mexican-inspired rub or classic steak seasoning. It can also be as simple as coarse ground black pepper and sea salt.
What is a Bavette steak?Bavette steak is a perfect small portion in the States perfect for quick dinners like this salad, everyone’s favorite sizzling fajitas or a quick stir-fry. Plus, it’s bavette, so it’s super fancy.