BASIC VINAIGRETTE DRESSING WITH 8 VARIATIONS
Bottled salad dressing can be convenient but its expensive and often full of salt, sugar, and chemical additives. Making your own is simple and allows you to customize the seasonings to suit whatever meal you are preparing. The amounts given make about 1/4 cup and can be expanded infinitely for larger salads. It can be made several days ahead and kept in the fridge. Sorry about the slightly odd way of putting the ingredients for the creamy dressing variations. The recipe editor is picky about what it will accept.
Provided by 3KillerBs
Categories Salad Dressings
Yield 1/4 cup
Number Of Ingredients 34
- Shake all ingredients for your chosen variation together in a tightly-lidded container OR whisk together in a small bowl.
- Let stand 10 minutes to rehydrate dried herbs and blend flavors.
- Shake again then dress salad as desired.
- Note -- I recommend the lemon dressing on spinach.
- Note -- I recommend the Bacon Dressing, Mustard Dressing, and Balsamic Vinaigrette on strong greens such as escarole, curly endive, and dandelion greens.
- Note -- The sweeter version of the mustard dressing is great for a vinegar coleslaw if you discover that you have accidentally gotten one of those occasional cabbages that are a touch on the bitter side.
- Note -- feel free to play with other seasonings, more complex blends, flavored oils, and flavored vinegars. Once you've learned the technique you can customize your salad dressing to suit just about any meal.
We followed the standard 3-to-1 oil-to-vinegar ratio for this super simple vinaigrette. For variety, add your favorite dried or chopped fresh herbs. Make a batch at the beginning of the week, and toss a few tablespoons with fresh greens for a quick weeknight salad. But remember that vinaigrette isn't just for salad: You can also use it as a quick sauce for fish or grilled chicken.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 1 cup
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Set a medium bowl on a kitchen towel shaped like an "O" (this helps keep the bowl steady while whisking). Whisk together the vinegar, mustard, garlic, 1 1/4 teaspoons salt and a few grinds of pepper in the bowl. Slowly drizzle in the oil while whisking continuously until the mixture is combined and blended well. Use right away, or refrigerate in a sealed container for up to 3 days.
Provided by Geoffrey Zakarian
Yield 1 cup
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the vinegar, shallots and 1 teaspoon water. Slowly stream in the oils while whisking. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, mustard, salt, pepper, and a pinch of sugar.
- Slowly add oil, whisking until emulsified, or shake the ingredients in a jar, or whirl them in a blender.
This classic dressing is easy to make at home, and stores in the jar for up to a week
Provided by Good Food team
Yield Easily doubled
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Put the mustard, vinegar and olive oil in a jar and season. Shake vigorously to mix. Store in a cool place (not the fridge) until ready to use. Use for all your salads or try one of our recipes, right. Vinaigrette will keep for a week.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 102 calories, Fat 11 grams fat, SaturatedFat 2 grams saturated fat, Sodium 0.29 milligram of sodium
- In a jar with a tight fitting lid, combine vinegar, oil, garlic, sugar, and salt. Shake well.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 130.4 calories, Carbohydrate 2.2 g, Fat 13.8 g, SaturatedFat 1.8 g, Sodium 581.4 mg, Sugar 1 g
THE BEST VINAIGRETTE IN THE WORLD EVER, EVER
- Combine all the ingredients in a jam jar, make sure the lid is on tightly, and shake the living daylights out of it.
- Leave it to sit for at least half an hour before serving to allow the garlic to infuse.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1293.4, Fat 141.8, SaturatedFat 19.6, Sodium 1748.5, Carbohydrate 10.6, Fiber 0.3, Sugar 8.6, Protein 0.4
It's hard to imagine five minutes better spent in the kitchen than those making vinaigrette, the closest thing there is to an all-purpose sauce. At its most basic, vinaigrette is acid and oil, salt and pepper, with additional flavors as desired. This standard vinaigrette begins, not surprisingly, with extra-virgin olive oil. To vary the flavor, you could use walnut or hazelnut oil or, if you want to play down the flavor of oil, a neutral oil like grapeseed or canola. It continues with good wine vinegar, which could take you from champagne vinegar to an extra-mild Asian rice vinegar. (Balsamic and sherry vinegars are too dominant for many uses.) Lemon juice is a fine substitute, but because it is less acidic than most vinegars, you will need more of it.
Provided by Mark Bittman
Categories easy, condiments
Yield About 3/4 cup
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Combine all ingredients except shallot in a blender and turn on machine; a creamy emulsion will form within 30 seconds. Taste and add vinegar a teaspoon or two at a time until balance tastes right to you.
- Add shallot, if using, and turn machine on and off a few times until shallot is minced within dressing. Taste, adjust seasoning and serve. (This will keep, refrigerated, for a few days.)
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 161, UnsaturatedFat 15 grams, Carbohydrate 0 grams, Fat 18 grams, Fiber 0 grams, Protein 0 grams, SaturatedFat 2 grams, Sodium 59 milligrams, Sugar 0 grams
More about "base vinaigrette recipes"
BASIC VINAIGRETTE RECIPE (PLUS 3 ESSENTIAL VARIATIONS!)
4.9/5 (181)Calories 183 per servingCategory Salad Dressing
- In a liquid measuring cup or bowl, combine all of the ingredients. Stir well with a small whisk or a fork until the ingredients are completely mixed together.
- Taste, and adjust as necessary. If the mixture is too acidic, thin it out with a bit more olive oil or balance the flavors with a little more maple syrup or honey. If the mixture is a little blah, add another pinch or two of salt. If it doesn’t have enough zing, add vinegar by the teaspoon.
- Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate for future use. Homemade vinaigrette keeps well for 7 to 10 days. If your vinaigrette solidifies somewhat in the fridge, don’t worry about it—real olive oil tends to do that. Simply let it rest at room temperature for 5 to 10 minutes or microwave very briefly (about 20 seconds) to liquify the olive oil again. Whisk to blend and serve.
HOW TO MAKE A BASIC VINAIGRETTE - KITCHN
7 BASIC VINAIGRETTE RECIPES - SWEET PEAS AND SAFFRON
5/5 (5)Total Time 5 minsCategory SaladCalories 74 per serving
- Blend together all ingredients in a blender or with an immersion blender. Store in the fridge for 3-5 days.
HOW TO MAKE A BASIC VINAIGRETTE | ALLRECIPES
CLASSIC HOMEMADE VINAIGRETTE RECIPE — ZESTFUL KITCHEN
HOMEMADE VINAIGRETTE RECIPE | 7 FLAVOR COMBOS! - SHELF COOKING
EASY VINAIGRETTE DRESSING (3 INGREDIENTS!) - I HEART NAPTIME
BASIC VINAIGRETTE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
BASIC VINAIGRETTE RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
VINAIGRETTES | BASIC RECIPES | THE +1 CHALLENGE | IGA
EVERY VINAIGRETTE RECIPE YOU’LL EVER NEED (15 RECIPES!)
21 VINAIGRETTE RECIPES THAT YOUR SALADS NEED | BON APPéTIT
VINAIGRETTE BASE RECIPE – MAKE IT YOUR WAY! - TO TASTE
20 VINAIGRETTE RECIPES FOR HEALTHY SALAD DRESSING - INSANELY GOOD
THE BEST VINAIGRETTE RECIPE FOR WINE WITH SALAD - GIRL'S GOTTA DRINK
BASIC VINAIGRETTE RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE RECIPE - COOKING CLASSY
30+ VINAIGRETTE RECIPES THAT MAKE GREAT MARINADES | EATINGWELL
BASIC VINAIGRETTE - CUISINART.COM
BASIC VINAIGRETTE RECIPE — PLUS EASY VARIATIONS!
BASIC VINAIGRETTE RECIPE - COOKIST.COM
BASIC VINAIGRETTE RECIPE - CUISINART.COM
THE BEST SIMPLE VINAIGRETTE RECIPE - COOKING WITH COCKTAIL RINGS
BASE VINAIGRETTE RECIPE | GEOFFREY ZAKARIAN | FOOD NETWORK
SIMPLE VINAIGRETTE RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
RECIPES CLASSIC VINAIGRETTE | SOSCUISINE
6 TIPS FOR MAKING THE PERFECT VINAIGRETTE
CLASSIC VINAIGRETTE RECIPE - DELISH
VINAIGRETTE DE BASE | SAVOURER X MORDU - RADIO-CANADA
BASIC VINAIGRETTE | RICARDO
BASE VINAIGRETTE – RECIPES NETWORK
HOW TO MAKE BASIC VINAIGRETTE RECIPES | COOKING LIGHT
BASIC VINAIGRETTE RECIPE | LEITE'S CULINARIA
BASIC VINAIGRETTE - GOOD CHEAP EATS
SIMPLE BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE | VEGAN + 6 INGREDIENTS - FROM MY BOWL
HOW TO MAKE PERFECT HOMEMADE VINAIGRETTE EVERY TIME
THE BEST RASPBERRY VINAIGRETTE - QUICK AND EASY! - MOM ON …
BASE VINAIGRETTE DRESSING | EYESWOON
EASY DIJON VINAIGRETTE (LIGHT & FLAVORFUL) - SPEND WITH PENNIES
BASE VINAIGRETTE — RECIPES — QVC.COM
You'll also love