AMAZING AND FAST PRESSURE COOKER SHORT RIBS
I made this up from a bunch or recipes -- it is wonderful served with rice pilaf, or noodles. The meat is so tender-falls off the bone! Time-- does not include natural steam cooling time
Provided by petlover
Categories Pressure Cooker
Yield 3 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat oil in heavy pan then brown short ribs ( cut up ) in the oil.
- Put short ribs in pressure cooker.
- Put in pressure cooker red wine, beef broth, onion (sliced thick),
- garlic (chopped), honey, brown sugar, salt and pepper.
- Bring to high pressure.
- Cook at high pressure for one hour.
- Turn off and let steam come down naturally -- do not open cooker until steam is completely released.
PRESSURE-COOKER SHORT RIBS
These tender pressure-cooker short ribs explode with flavor, and they're a quick and easy alternative to traditionally braised short ribs. Serve with egg noodles, rice or polenta. .-Rebekah Beyer, Sabetha, Kansas
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Sprinkle ribs with salt and pepper. Select saute setting on a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker and adjust for medium heat. Add oil. Working in batches, brown ribs on all sides; transfer to a plate and keep warm., Add onions to cooker; cook and stir until tender, 8-9 minutes. Add garlic and tomato paste; cook and stir 1 minute more. Stir in beef broth, wine, thyme and bay leaf. Bring to a boil; cook 8-10 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half. Add ribs back to cooker, partially but not fully submerging them. Lock lid; close the pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 40 minutes. Quick-release pressure. Add carrots; bring back to full pressure and cook 7 minutes. Quick-release pressure. Press cancel., Remove ribs and vegetables; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking liquid. Discard thyme and bay leaf. Select saute setting and adjust for medium heat; bring cooking juices to a boil. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into juices. Return to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Serve with ribs and vegetables.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 265 calories, Fat 13g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 55mg cholesterol, Sodium 412mg sodium, Carbohydrate 12g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 20g protein.
PRESSURE COOKER BEEF SHORT RIBS WITH RED WINE AND CHILE
Prunes are the secret ingredient in this recipe. They practically disappear during cooking, leaving behind their complex sweetness. This recipe was meant for a 6- to 8-quart electric pressure cooker, but to use a stovetop pressure cooker, just cook the ribs a few minutes less than you would if using an electric one. You could also bake this in a covered Dutch oven at 325 degrees for 3 hours. In any case, it is easiest to make the day before, chill it, then skim the fat off the top. Serve this with polenta or mashed potatoes.
Provided by Melissa Clark
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 13
- If time permits, rub salt, coriander and pepper all over beef and let marinate in refrigerator for 1 hour, or, ideally, overnight.
- Set electric pressure cooker to sauté function and add oil (or use a large skillet on the stove over medium-high heat). Sear beef until evenly browned on all sides, about 2 minutes per side. You'll probably have to do this in batches. Transfer to a plate as the pieces brown. Or if using a skillet, transfer them to pressure cooker.
- Add leeks, fennel and pinch of salt to hot pan and cook until soft, about 8 minutes, then add garlic, chile powder and tomato paste; cook until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Pour in wine. Add prunes and beef (or add prunes and fennel-wine mixture to the meat in the pot).
- Cover, then cook for 35 minutes on high pressure. Manually release pressure. If sauce seems thin, pull out beef pieces and reduce sauce using sauté function. Serve with fennel fronds or scallions, or both, for garnish.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 1181, UnsaturatedFat 49 grams, Carbohydrate 26 grams, Fat 99 grams, Fiber 6 grams, Protein 41 grams, SaturatedFat 43 grams, Sodium 881 milligrams, Sugar 12 grams
ELECTRIC PRESSURE COOKER SHORT RIBS
This easy short ribs recipe can be thrown together in no time. You'll be surprised at how flavorful these are and amazingly tender from being cooked inside a pressure cooker (such as the Instant Pot®)! Serve with veggies, plus egg noodles, rice, or mashed potatoes to turn this into a hearty satisfying meal.
Provided by Chef Tovia Gartenberg
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Season short ribs on all sides with garlic powder, kosher salt, and pepper.
- Turn on a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot®) and select Saute function according to manufacturer's instructions. Set temperature to 375 degrees F (191 degrees C) if your unit has a temperature setting.
- Heat olive oil in the pot. Add short ribs; sear all over until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side. Remove from pot and set aside.
- Combine beef stock, tomato paste, carrots, onion, vinegar, and mushroom in the pot. Stir until tomato paste is dissolved. Return short ribs to the pot. Close and lock the lid. Select Meat function according to manufacturer's instructions; set timer for 30 to 40 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- Release pressure using the natural-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, about 15 minutes. Unlock and remove the lid. Remove short ribs and skim any fat from the top of the liquid in the pot.
- Stir water and cornstarch together to make a slurry. Set pressure cooker to Saute and bring the liquid to a boil. Stir in the slurry until mixture is thickened to your liking. Season with salt and pepper and return the short ribs. Cook on low until flavors come together, about 5 minutes more.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 384 calories, Carbohydrate 11.9 g, Cholesterol 58.3 mg, Fat 30.6 g, Fiber 2.1 g, Protein 15.5 g, SaturatedFat 11.7 g, Sodium 725.4 mg, Sugar 6.4 g
PRESSURE-COOKER BARBECUED BEEF RIBS
These tender, tangy ribs taste slow-cooked but are a cinch to make. They're great for picnics as well as a family dinner.-Erin Glass, White Hall, Maryland
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Select saute or browning setting on a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker and adjust for medium heat; add oil. Brown ribs in batches, adding additional oil as needed. Remove ribs. Brown onions. Add ribs back to the pressure cooker. Add water. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 40 minutes. Let pressure release naturally for 10 minutes and then quick-release any remaining pressure., In a small saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients; cook and stir over medium heat until heated through. Remove ribs from pressure cooker; discard cooking juices. Return ribs to pressure cooker. Pour sauce over top. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on low for 5 minutes. Allow pressure to naturally release for 5 minutes and then quick-release any remaining pressure. Serve ribs with sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 359 calories, Fat 14g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 55mg cholesterol, Sodium 860mg sodium, Carbohydrate 40g carbohydrate (33g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 18g protein.
PRESSURE-COOKER SHORT RIBS
We love the way the Instant Pot or pressure cooker promotes silky, falling-off-the-bone texture for braise-worthy cuts like short ribs. Here, the ribs are paired with an inspired combination of ingredients (miso paste, whole coriander seeds, and apricots) for a dish that's easy -- but memorable enough for special occasions. This recipe appears in our cookbook "Martha Stewart's Pressure Cooker" (Clarkson Potter).
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Serves 6 to 8
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat a 6-to 8-quart stovetop pressure cooker over medium-high, or set an electric pressure cooker to saute. Season short ribs with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Working in batches, add ribs, fat side down, and cook until browned on all sides, 8 to 10 minutes; transfer to a plate. Pour out all but 2 tablespoons fat from pressure cooker. Add garlic and flour, stirring until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in marsala, stock, apricots, miso, coriander seeds, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Return ribs to pressure cooker along with any accumulated juices.
- Stovetop: Secure lid. Bring to high pressure over medium-high heat; reduce heat to maintain pressure and cook for 60 minutes. Remove from heat, quickly release pressure, then remove lid.Electric: Secure lid. Manually set cooker to 60 minutes and let it come to pressure. Once time is complete, turn off, quickly release pressure, then remove lid.
- Let ribs stand in liquid 10 minutes. Transfer to a serving platter. Spoon sauce over meat, top with sliced scallions and ginger (if using), and serve.
BEEF RIBS (PRESSURE COOKER AND BBQ)
This is a culmination of trials and errors. Be sure to watch the ribs on the bbq as flare ups will occur due to the fatty ribs. Very tender and tasty. My husbands secret recipe.
Provided by tzurbrigg
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Season ribs with salt pepper and paprika.
- Heat pressure cooker.
- Use 3 tbsp of oil and brown ribs in pressure cooker.
- Combine all above ingredients and pour over ribs in pressure cooker.
- Close cover securely and place pressure regulator on pressure vent pipe and cook 7 minutes with pressure regulator rocking slowly.
- Let pressure drop of its own accord.
- Then crisp the ribs on the bbq with your favorite bbq sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 35.4, Fat 0.4, SaturatedFat 0.2, Sodium 567.3, Carbohydrate 5.8, Fiber 0.8, Sugar 1.7, Protein 2.5
More about "beef short ribs pressure cooker recipes"
INSTANT POT BEEF SHORT RIBS - EASY PRESSURE COOKER SHORT RIBS!
Reviews 63Category Main DishesCuisine DinnerTotal Time 50 mins
PRESSURE COOKER BBQ BEEF RIBS - POSH JOURNAL
5/5 (9)Category Main CourseCuisine AmericanCalories 980 per serving
- In a large bowl, add beef short ribs and kosher salt. Stir to combine. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and dry brine for 1-2 hours or up to overnight.
- Add a cup of water or broth into the Instant Pot/Ninja Foodi. Place the beef ribs into the trivet or steamer basket. Make sure the ribs are not touching the water. Select the "Manual" setting and cook for 40 minutes. Once the cooking cycle is completed, let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes before releasing the remaining pressure.
- Ninja Foodi users: Make sure that your inner pot is dry. Close crisping lid. Select AIR CRISP, set temperature to 390°F, and set time to 15 minutes. Select START/STOP to begin. Open every 3-5 minutes to check for the crispness of your desire.Instant Pot users: Arrange the ribs on the wire rack one above center position inside the broiler. Cook until crisp for a few minutes (about 3 minutes). Watch carefully and do not burn!
PRESSURE COOKER COLA-BRAISED BEEF SHORT RIBS RECIPE ...
4.5/5 (36)Total Time 1 hr 40 minsCategory Make Ahead, Weeknight Dinner, Main Dish
PRESSURE COOKER SHORT RIBS IN UNDER AN HOUR - EATING RICHLY
4.6/5 (19)Total Time 55 minsCategory Main DishCalories 337 per serving
- Use a sharp knife to cut your beef into strips or chunks, 1-1.5 inches thick. (We do chunks because our kids prefer to eat it that way, but you can do 2-3 inch strips to have them be more of a rib shape.) Trim and discard excess fat.
- Mix flour, salt, and pepper in gallon zip top plastic bag. Add the beef pieces and seal the bag squeezing out the air. Shake the bag well until all the beef is coated.
- In a bowl or big glass measuring cup, mix beef broth, red wine vinegar, molasses, chili sauce, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, and chili powder. Set sauce aside.
PRESSURE COOKER SHORT RIBS | MY NOURISHED HOME
4.6/5 (21)Total Time 1 hrCategory Main DishesCalories 498 per serving
- Set pressure cooker to sauté. Pat dry Beef Short Ribs and sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper (I like lots of pepper!) Dust ribs in 3 tbsp flour. Drizzle olive oil into the pressure cooker and place ribs, a single layer at a time into the pressure cooker to brown. This will take 4-5 minutes per side. Make sure to turn them and brown both sides. And do not crowd them in the pot. You may have to brown in batches.
- Remove browned Beef Short Ribs to a plate and set aside. Add garlic and stir constantly to prevent burning for 1 minute. Add onions, carrots, mushrooms, thyme, and additional salt and pepper to taste and allow them to soften, stirring occasionally. It will also take 5-6 minutes. Add Beef Short Ribs back to the pot. Add beef broth. Add the pressure cooker lid and seal it.
- Cook ribs on high pressure for 35 minutes. When they are finished cooking, release the pressure and let the ribs sit for 5-6 minutes or until pressure is normal. Open carefully!
- Remove short ribs to a plate. (You may need a slotted spoon because they will be very tender.) Turn pot to saute. Mix 3 tbsp flour with 1/4 cup beef broth and stir until smooth. Stir into the pot and heat and stir until gravy is thickened.
EASY INSTANT POT BEEF SHORT RIBS RECIPE (5 INGREDIENTS ...
5/5 (53)Calories 226 per servingCategory Main Course
- Remove the short ribs, leaving the liquid behind, and cover the short ribs with foil to keep warm. Set the Instant Pot to the Saute function.
INSTANT POT SHORT RIBS (PRESSURE COOKER) | TESTED BY AMY ...
5/5 (399)Total Time 1 hr 40 minsCategory Dinner, MainCalories 345 per serving
- Brown Short Ribs in Instant Pot: Heat up Instant Pot using Sauté More. Wait until it says HOT (prevents short ribs from sticking to the pot). Add 1 tbsp (15ml) olive oil in Instant Pot. Season one side generously with salt and black pepper. Add in 5 pieces of short ribs, then brown each side for 4 minutes. While one side is browning, season the other side with more salt and black pepper.*Pro Tip: Avoid overcrowding by browning short ribs in batches.
- Saute Onion & Garlic: Set aside the browned short ribs. Add in sliced onions, and saute until soften (~ 3 minutes). Add in chopped garlic, and saute until fragrant (~30 seconds).
- Saute Veggies & Spices: Add in chopped carrots, celery, a pinch of dried thyme, and 2 bay leaves, then saute for 2 minutes.
- Deglaze Instant Pot: Pour ½ cup (125ml) red wine in Instant Pot and deglaze by scrubbing the flavorful brown bits off the bottom of the pot with a wooden spoon. Give it a quick mix. Let the wine simmer for a minute to allow some of the alcohol to evaporate.
PRESSURE COOKER SHORT RIBS - DADCOOKSDINNER
5/5 (5)Category Pressure Cooker
- Trim the fat on the top of the short ribs. Season the ribs with 2 teaspoons salt and 1 teaspoon pepper. Heat 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil over medium-high heat in your pressure cooker pot (sauté mode in my electric pressure cooker). Brown the ribs in batches without crowding the pot. (4 pounds of ribs is three batches in my electric pressure cooker). Sear each batch of ribs on three sides – skip the bone side – until well browned, about 3 minutes a side or 9 minutes for each batch. Remove the browned ribs to a bowl. Once all the ribs are browned, pour out the extra fat, leaving 1 tablespoon of fat in the bottom of the pot.
- Add the onion, garlic, and tomato paste to the pot, and then sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Saute until the onions are softened, about 5 minutes, scraping the bottom of the pot to loosen the browned bits of meat into the onions. Add the wine to the pot, bring the wine to a simmer, and simmer for 1 minute. Scrape the bottom of the pot one last time, to make sure nothing is sticking. Add thyme sprigs, the ribs and any juices in the bowl, and the water to the pot.
- lock the lid on the pressure cooker. Bring the pressure cooker to high pressure and pressure cook at high pressure for 45 minutes in an electric PC, or 35 minutes in a stovetop PC. Let the pressure to come down naturally, about 15 minutes more.
- Remove the ribs to a serving platter with a slotted spoon. Pour the sauce into a fat separator, let it rest for a few minutes to let the fat rise to the surface. Pour a little of the the defatted sauce over the ribs and serve, passing the rest of the sauce at the table.
BONE-IN INSTANT POT BEEF SHORT RIBS - PRESSURE COOKING …
Reviews 168Calories 675 per servingCategory Beef
- Season ribs generously with salt and pepper. Select Saute to preheat the pressure cooking pot, then add the oil. When oil is hot, brown the ribs in small batches, do not crowd. Remove to a plate.
- Add bacon to pressure cooking pot and cook until brown and crisp, stirring frequently, about 5 minutes. Add onion to pressure cooking pot and sauté until tender about 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 minute more.
- Add the red wine to deglaze the pot, scraping up any browned bits stuck on the bottom of the pot. Add Stir in the beef broth, tomato paste. Add the ribs and accumulated juices to pressure cooking pot.
PRESSURE COOKER ASIAN-STYLE BONELESS SHORT RIBS | KAREN'S ...
Servings 4Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
PRESSURE-COOKED BEEF SHORT RIBS – 2 KETO DUDES
Servings 4Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
BARBECUED SHORT RIBS - PRESSURE COOKERS - RECIPES - PRESTO®
10 BEST BEEF RIBS PRESSURE COOKER RECIPES | YUMMLY
PRESSURE COOKER EASY BEEF SHORT RIBS RECIPE - MAGIC SKILLET
Cuisine AmericanCategory BeefServings 8Total Time 50 mins
- In a large Ziploc bag, combine all-purpose flour, salt, and black pepper. Stir well. Add beef strips and seal the bag squeezing out the air. Shake well until meat is completely coated with flour mixture.
- In a large bowl, combine beef broth, red wine vinegar, molasses, chili sauce, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, and chili powder. Mix well and set aside.
- Melt the butter in an electric pressure cooker set on the sauté mode. Add seasoned beef strips and cook, stirring occasionally, until meat browned on all sides, for about 10 minutes.
PRESSURE COOKER BRAISED BEEF SHORT RIBS RECIPE - MAGIC SKILLET
Cuisine AmericanCategory BeefServings 6Total Time 45 mins
- Fry bacon until crisp in a 6-quart (6 L) electric pressure cooker turned to sauté mode. Remove cooked bacon from the pot and transfer to a large bowl.
- Add beef short ribs and brown on all sides in the bacon fat, for about 8 minutes, turning occasionally. Remove from the pot and transfer to the bowl with a bacon.
- Stir in horseradish, thyme, and black pepper. Cook for a further 1 minute, stirring all the while. Pour 1 cup (250 ml) dry white wine into a stove top pressure cooker. Nestle browned meat into the sauce, poring in any accumulated juices.
TENDER! SOY-BRAISED PRESSURE COOKED BEEF RIBS ⋆ HIP ...
Reviews 29Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
PRESSURE COOKER BEEF SHORT RIBS AND MUSHROOMS RECIPE
4.7/5 (13)Total Time 1 hr 20 minsCategory Dinner, EntreeCalories 590 per serving
BONELESS BEEF SHORT RIBS IN ELECTRIC PRESSURE COOKER ...
BEEF RIBS RECIPE ELECTRIC PRESSURE COOKER | DEPORECIPE.CO
COOKING BEEF SHORT RIBS IN A PRESSURE COOKER - ROBLES ONDOWDE
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #north-american #for-large-groups #very-low-carbs #main-dish #beef #american #pressure-cooker #stove-top #dietary #low-sodium #low-carb #low-in-something #meat #beef-ribs #equipment #number-of-servings
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you cook Short ribs in a pressure cooker?Pressure Cook: Add beef broth, garlic, onion, dried thyme, paprika, tomato paste, black pepper, salt and browned boneless beef short ribs to the instant pot. Secure the lid and select the "Manual" setting.
What is the best way to cook beef short ribs?Tender, fall-off-the-bone beef short ribs in a flavorful sweet, smokey sauce. These (Instant Pot) Pressure Cooker Bone-In Beef Short Ribs are ready in a fraction of the time when you cook them in the pressure cooker. My favorite oven-baked beef short rib recipe is from Simply Recipes.
How long to cook boneless beef short ribs in Instant Pot?This pressure cooker short ribs recipe makes fall apart tender boneless beef short ribs in under an hour. I've made this recipe multiple times using the Instant Pot. Cook time includes 10 minutes for the Instant Pot to get up to pressure. Adapted with permission from GeniusKitchen.com.
What is the best way to cook beef in a pressure cooker?Add leeks, fennel and pinch of salt to hot pan and cook until soft, about 8 minutes, then add garlic, chile powder and tomato paste; cook until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Pour in wine. Add prunes and beef (or add prunes and fennel-wine mixture to the meat in the pot). Cover, then cook for 35 minutes on high pressure.