BEE STING CAKE
This bee sting cake (aka bienenstich) may look daunting, but it's well worth the effort. Take each step at a time, and you'll be surprised how easy it is to make. -Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 21
- For filling, in a small heavy saucepan, mix sugar, cornstarch and salt. Whisk in milk. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat to low; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from heat. In a small bowl, whisk egg yolks. Whisk a small amount of hot mixture into egg yolks; return all to pan, whisking constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in butter until melted. Immediately transfer to a clean bowl; stir in vanilla. Cool 30 minutes. Press plastic wrap onto surface of filling; refrigerate until cold., Whisk custard gently. Fold in half the whipped cream. Fold in remaining whipped cream. Cover and refrigerate., While custard is chilling, make dough. In a large bowl, mix sugar, yeast, salt and 1 cup flour. In a small saucepan, heat milk and butter to 120°-130°. Add to dry ingredients; beat on medium speed 1 minute. Add eggs; beat on high 1 minute. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky)., Turn dough onto a well floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour. , While dough is rising, make almond topping. In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter, honey and sugar. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat; stir in almonds. Cool slightly and set aside. , Punch down dough. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; roll into a 9-in. circle. Transfer to greased 9-in. springform baking pan, pressing to evenly fill pan with dough. Spoon almond mixture over dough and gently spread to cover entire surface. Cover pan with a kitchen towel; let rise in a warm place until doubled, 25-30 minutes. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake until topping is golden brown, 25-30 minutes. Cool on a wire rack 10 minutes. Loosen sides from pan with a knife. Cool 1 hour longer. , Remove cake from base of springform pan. Using a long serrated knife, cut cake horizontally in half; spread filling over cake. Replace top of cake. Serve immediately. Chill leftovers.
- To make the honey almond praline: Melt the butter, add sugar and honey, cook until bubbly and ingredients marry. Remove from the heat and stir in the almonds. Let this mixture cool.
- To make the custard filling: First place the sugar and cornstarch in a small to medium pan. In a bowl, mix the egg yolks and milk together. Whisk them into the sugar and starch mixture in the pan. Cook this over low heat and gradually increase to a medium heat bringing the mixture to a boil. The mixture will bubble slowly. Whisk this bubbling mixture for 3 to 4 minutes and remove from heat.
- Soak the gelatin in a 1/4 cup of warm water for 5 minutes. Add gelatin mixture to hot custard and whisk. Set aside to cool in a clean bowl. Cover with plastic to keep mixture from crusting and refrigerate until cool.
- After mixture has cooled, whip cream, sugar, and vanilla to medium peaks. Fold whipped cream into cooled custard. Make sure to whisk custard to creamy stage before gradually folding in whipping cream. Refrigerate until ready to fill split cake layers.
- To make the cake: Sift flour and salt together into a large bowl. Make a well in the center of the flour. Add yeast and sugar to the well. Add milk, cooled melted butter, and egg, and let sit for 2 minutes to soften yeast, whisk yeast and liquid ingredients only to dissolve yeast. Gradually whisk or beat in flour until well is blended. Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface and knead in enough flour only until dough is no longer sticky. Continue kneading approximately 5 to 7 minutes until dough is smooth and elastic. Cover dough with a towel or plastic wrap and let dough rest approximately 1/2 hour to 45 minutes.
- Punch dough down. Roll or pat dough into 9 inch, greased pan. Prick dough all over with a fork. Spread cooled honey almond praline over dough. Let cake rest and double in height approximately, 45 to 60 minutes. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake until golden approximately 20 to 25 minutes.
- To assemble the cake: Cut cooled cake in half to make 2 layers. Drizzle 1/3 jar caramel over bottom layer. Top with the custard mixture. Place the top layer over the custard and refrigerate or freeze for several hours to firm up custard before cutting.
- This recipe can be doubled and made into a half sheet cake the size of a jellyroll pan, this is wonderful to serve for breakfast gatherings, this cake will not be too sweet. If baking in half sheet, use a piece of cardboard to lift off top half of cake, you can use a flattened paper plate on round cake layers.
BEE STING CAKE
- Heat 2/3 cup milk in a small saucepan over medium heat until it begins to bubble, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in 6 tablespoons butter. Cool to lukewarm, about 5 minutes.
- Combine flour, 1/3 cup sugar, and yeast in a large bowl. Pour in milk and butter mixture; add egg. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed until dough is smooth. Cover and let rise until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down gently to deflate. Roll out to a 10-inch round on a floured work surface. Place in a 10-inch springform pan. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Combine almonds, 1 cup sugar, and 9 tablespoons butter in a saucepan over medium heat; cook and stir until butter is melted and sugar is dissolved, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat; add 2 tablespoons milk and cool until lukewarm, about 5 minutes. Spread over the dough in the pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, about 30 minutes. Run a knife around the edge of the pan to loosen cake; transfer to a wire rack to cool completely, 30 to 45 minutes.
- Combine 1 1/2 cup milk and vanilla pudding mix in a bowl; beat with a whisk until very smooth, about 2 minutes. Chill pudding until set, about 30 minutes.
- Slice cake in half lengthwise. Spread pudding over bottom cake layer and cover with top cake layer.
HONEY-GLAZED BEEHIVE CAKE
This is a great recipe from Martha Stewart - It takes a little patience to make to get the bees made and such, but it's a lot of fun and is so tasty when finished!!
Provided by Chef mariajane
Yield 10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 23
- FOR THE CAKE:.
- Place rack in center of oven, and preheat oven to 350°F Using a pastry brush, coat both sides of a beehive mold with butter, making sure to cover all areas. Dust mold with flour, tap out excess, and freeze until ready to use.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and a pinch of cloves. Cream butter and brown sugar with a mixer until pale and fluffy. Reduce the speed; drizzle in the honey. Beat on high until very pale and fluffy. Add vanilla. Add flour mixture, alternating with milk, beginning and ending with the flour. Transfer the batter to a large bowl.
- Whisk egg whites until foamy. Add cream of tartar, and whisk until stiff, glossy peaks form. Fold 1/3 of the egg white mixture in to cake batter, then fold the remaining egg whites.
- Divide batter between molds, and place them on baking sheet. Bake for 40 minutes. Cover with foil and bake 15-20 minutes more, a tester inserted in the middle should come out clean. Transfer molds to a wire rack and let cakes cool in pans for 15-20 minutes.
- Turn cake out, supporting them with your hand, and place flat sides on rack. Let cool completely. Wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to 1 day.
- Carefully trim the flat side of the cake halves with a serrated knife so each is level. Align the halves to make sure they are flush, then separate.
- MAKE THE HONEY GLAZE:
- Bring honey, brown sugar and butter to a boil in a small saucepan, stirring until sugar dissolves. Add vanilla and remove from heat. Let cool for 1 minute.
- Brush a coat of glaze on the flat side of each cake half. Gently press halves together, and let set upright for 5 minutes. If they don't stay together, place a small bowl over top to hold the two sides together while the glaze sets. Carefully transfer beehive to a rack set over parchment. Spoon remaining warm honey glaze over cake until cake is completely covered. Let stand until set.
- MAKE THE SUGAR GLAZE:.
- Bring water to a boil. Add 1 3/4 cups sugar, and stir to dissolve. Remove from heat; let cool for 3 minutes. Spoon some glaze over cake. If too runny, add more sugar until glaze is the consistency of the thick honey. Pour half of the glaze over the cake, letting it drizzle down the sides. Let set for 5 minutes, then spoon remaining glaze on top. Arrange marzipan bees on cake, pressing gently to adhere to glaze. Serve immediately.
- MARZIPAN BEES:.
- Add yellow gel paste to one portion of the marzipan and black gel to the other. Knead to incorporate.
- Roll each portion into 1/8 diameter rope. Cut each rope crosswise into 1/8 inch slices.
- Stack 5 slices together horizontally, flat sides facing, alternating colors, starting and ending with yellow. Press together gently. For the head, roll a yellow slice into a ball, and press onto body. For the eyes, roll 2 bits of black marzipan into balls; press balls onto head. For the stinger, shape the tail piece into a slight point. For the wings, press a sliced almond into each side of the bee. Repeat.
- Use Immediately.
People also searched
More about "beehive cake recipes"
HONEY-GLAZED BEEHIVE CAKE RECIPE - TABLESPOON.COM
2015-07-14 · Carefully transfer beehive to a rack set over parchment. Spoon remaining warm honey glaze over cake until the cake is completely covered. Let stand until set. …
- Make the cake: Place rack in center of oven, and preheat oven to 350° F . Using a pastry brush, coat both sides of a beehive mold with butter, making sure to cover all areas. Dust mold with flour, tap out excess, and freeze until ready to use.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and a pinch of cloves. Cream butter and brown sugar with a mixer until pale and fluffy. Reduce the speed; drizzle in honey. Beat on high until very pale and fluffy. Add vanilla. Add flour mixture, alternating with milk, beginning and ending with flour. Transfer batter to a large bowl.
- Whisk egg whites until foamy. Add cream of tartar, and whisk until stiff, glossy peaks form. Fold 1/3 of the egg white mixture into the cake batter, then fold in the remaining whites.
- Divide batter between molds, and place them on a baking sheet. Bake for 40 minutes. Cover with foil, and bake 15 to 20 minutes more (a tester inserted in the middle of the cake should come out clean). Transfer molds to a wire rack, and let the cakes cool in pans for 15 to 20 minutes.
BEEHIVE CAKE RECIPE | ZOëBAKES
2016-04-13 · This cake is awesome (and it’s not just because of the little bees!). I am always looking for a good banana cake recipe. Can’t wait to try yours! P.S. I’m glad you went with the traditional look of the bee-hive. This cake …
BABEE SHOWER CAKE – ROSANNA PANSINO
2020-02-01 · Freeze the cake for 15 minutes to harden. Using a serrated knife, carve the cake into a beehive shape. Crumb coat the cake with a thin layer of frosting. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Pipe a door with black frosting. Pipe horizontal stripes of yellow frosting around the cake, starting from the bottom and working to the top, making a beehive …
GERMAN BEE STING CAKE (BIENENSTICH) RECIPE | CHEF DENNIS
2021-05-25 · Transfer bowl to mixer stand and attach paddle (or hook) attachment. While mixing at low speed, gradually add eggs, all-purpose flour, sugar, and salt, and mix until blended. Gradually add all …
- In a medium-sized heatproof bowl, mix the sugar and egg yolks together. (Don’t let the mixture sit too long or you will get pieces of egg forming.) Sift the flour and cornstarch together and then add to the egg mixture, mixing until you get a smooth paste.
- In a small saucepan (or a small cup if you want to use the microwave), combine milk and 1 tablespoon honey and heat until it registers between 110 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer. Pour the mixture into the bowl of an electric mixer and sprinkle over yeast. Let mixture stand for 10 minutes until yeast is creamy/foamy.
- Using a serrated knife, cut the cake in half. I place the cake on a rotating cake stand and being by rotating the cake and creating a cut line midway through the cake. Continue rotating, allowing the knife to cut deeper until the cake is completely sliced in half.
HONEY LEMON CAKE | KING ARTHUR BAKING
To make individual cakes using a beehive cakelette pan, prepare the batter as instructed and scoop it into the pan's lightly greased wells using a heaping 1/3 cup of batter per well; a heaped scone and muffin scoop works well here. Firmly tap the pan on the counter to help eliminate any air bubbles at the bottom of the cakes…
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a honeycomb pan or 9" round cake pan., To make the batter: Weigh the flours, or measure them by gently spooning them into a measuring cup and sweeping off the excess.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flours, baking powder, baking soda, and salt., In a large mixing bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy., Add the eggs one at a time, beating for a minute or two and scraping the sides and bottom of the bowl between additions.
- Beat in the honey, zest, and extracts., Stir in the flour mixture in three additions, alternating with the buttermilk or yogurt, beginning and ending with the flour mixture., Spread the batter into the prepared pan; if you're baking in the honeycomb pan, we recommend tapping the pan firmly on the counter to help eliminate any air bubbles at the bottom., Bake the cake for 30 to 35 minutes, until it’s a deep golden brown and a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean., Remove the cake from the oven, allow it to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then turn it out onto a rack., To make the glaze: Combine the honey, butter, and lemon juice in a microwave-safe bowl or in a small saucepan set over medium-low heat.
AUTHENTIC BIENENSTICH KUCHEN (GERMAN BEE STING CAKE RECIPE ...
2021-08-29 · How to Make Authentic Bienenstich Kuchen (Traditional German Bee Sting Cake Recipe) The first step is to make the yeast dough. Mix the dry ingredients together – flour, sugar, yeast, and …
- Mix flour, sugar, yeast, and salt together in a medium sized mixing bowl. Add melted butter, egg, and milk. Mix with a wooden spoon until a soft dough forms into a ball. If the dough is sticky, add a little more flour until it no longer sticks to your fingers.
GERMAN BIENENSTICH KUCHEN (BEE STING CAKE) RECIPE
2021-07-23 · This lovely rendition of bee sting cake, or bienenstich kuchen, is a yeast-raised cake baked in an American 13 x 9-inch pan, then split and filled with a pastry and whipped cream mixture. All ingredients can be found in American supermarkets, which makes this a German cake …
23 BEEHIVE CAKE IDEAS | CAKE, DESSERTS, HONEYCOMB CAKE
Dec 24, 2020 - Explore Phillida's board "Beehive Cake" on Pinterest. See more ideas about cake, desserts, honeycomb cake.
BEE HIVE CAKE — RECIPES WITH HONEY — HOME SWEET BEES
Lemon Bee Hive Cake Recipe April 17, 2018 / Bluebird Gardens / Charlotte Ekker Wiggins ...
See details »
CUPCAKE RECIPES | THE HOB-BEE HIVE
2016-06-20 · Tagged as cake recipes, dessert recipes, reci-bee, spring. February 20, 2012 · 4:42 pm Mini Almond Tea Cakes. Sometimes I dream about hosting a tea party, just so I can think of fun finger foods to make! I love the idea of people gathering in huge hats and drinking tea from tiny glass cups. The tables would be decorated with flowers and fun cucumber sandwiches as we listened to classical ...
See details »
SEAHIVE MASHED 'TATERS - BEEHIVE CHEESE COMPANY, LLC
2021-09-10 · Recipe 1/2 cup sour cream 2 cups shredded Seahive 1 1/2 cups cream 1/2 teaspoon pepper 1/4 teaspoon salt 2 tablespoons butter 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder 5 lb. bag Yukon gold potatoes peeled and mashed. 2 cups shredded Seahive Cheese 1/2 cup sour cream 2 cups heavy cream 1/2 teaspoon Salt 1/2 teaspoon peppe
See details »
BEEHIVE CAKE | SUMMER DESSERT RECIPES, RECIPES, BANANA CAKE
Nov 2, 2019 - Learn how to make a beehive cake, the perfect dessert for a whimsical birthday party. Nov 2, 2019 - Learn how to make a beehive cake, the perfect dessert for a whimsical birthday party. Pinterest. Today. Explore. When autocomplete results are available use up and down arrows to review and enter to select. Touch device users, explore by touch or with swipe gestures. Log in. Sign ...
See details »
RECIPE: BEEHIVE CAKE WITH HONEY ALMOND PRALINE AND CUSTARD ...
Beehive Cake Recipe courtesy Basque Boulangerie Cafe Honey Almond Praline: 2 ounces (1/2 stick) butter 2 ounces (1/3 cup) sugar 1/4 cup (2 ounces) honey 3/4 cup (2 ounces) almonds Custard Filling: 2/3 cup sugar 4 tablespoons cornstarch 4 egg yolks 2 cups milk 1 envelope, plus 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin 1/4 cup water 2 cups heavy cream 1/4 cup sugar 2 teaspoons vanilla extract Cake: 2 cups ...
See details »
BEEHIVE CAKE (BROWN-BUTTER BANANA CAKE AND HONEY ...
When autocomplete results are available use up and down arrows to review and enter to select. Touch device users, explore by touch or with swipe gestures.
See details »
BEEHIVE CAKE RECIPES
Beehive Cake Recipes. BEE STING CAKE. This bee sting cake (aka bienenstich) may look daunting, but it's well worth the effort. Take each step at a time, and you'll be surprised how easy it is to make. -Taste of Home Test Kitchen. Recipe From tasteofhome.com. Provided by Taste of Home. Categories Desserts. Time 1h15m. Yield 8 servings. Number Of Ingredients 21. Ingredients; Nutrition; 1/4 cup ...
See details »
BEEHIVE CAKE | RECIPE | FOOD, FOOD NETWORK RECIPES, CAKE ...
May 28, 2014 - Get Beehive Cake Recipe from Food Network. May 28, 2014 - Get Beehive Cake Recipe from Food Network. May 28, 2014 - Get Beehive Cake Recipe from Food Network. Pinterest. Today. Explore. When autocomplete results are available use up and down arrows to review and enter to select. Touch device users, explore by touch or with swipe gestures. Log in. Sign up ...
See details »
AMISH BEEHIVE CAKE
Amish Beehive Cake AMISH FRIENDSHIP CAKE. Always save 1 cup of starter for your next cakes, then start with day 2 of the starter instructions instead of having to start a new starter each time. You can also give some starter to friends, or sourdough starter can be used in place of the Friendship Starter. Provided by Sally. Categories Desserts Cakes Coffee Cake Recipes. Yield 24. Number Of ...
See details »
RECIPE: BEEHIVE CAKE BY LOUISE - BEE MISSION
2021-07-15 · Recipe: Beehive Cake by Louise. by Katy - Bee Missionary July 15, 2021. It has been a long time since we showcased a bee-themed recipe. This Beehive Cake seems like the perfect sweet treat for lazy summer days. It is perfect for summer parties, and to entertain children, friends and family. It's ideal for afternoon garden parties, late summer evening get togethers and to enjoy summer holiday ...
See details »
HONEY-GLAZED BEEHIVE CAKE RECIPE | RECIPE | BEE HIVE, CAKE ...
Feb 22, 2018 - Few treats could be more appropriate for an outdoor party on a summer afternoon than a honey cake in the shape of a beehive. Plump black-and-yellow Marzipan Bees are pressed onto the cake to add the final touch of charm.
See details »
HONEY-GLAZED BEEHIVE CAKE RECIPE | RECIPE | BEE HIVE CAKE ...
Oct 23, 2014 - Few treats could be more appropriate for an outdoor party on a summer afternoon than a honey cake in the shape of a beehive. Plump black-and-yellow Marzipan Bees are pressed onto the cake to add the final touch of charm.
See details »