BEE STING CAKE (BIENENSTICH) II
- Combine flour, yeast, 2 tablespoons sugar, salt, 3/4 cup milk, and 3 tablespoons butter or margarine. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead until smooth and elastic, about 15 to 20 minutes. Place in a well greased bowl, and cover. Let rise in a warm place for 1 hour, or until doubled.
- Punch down the dough. Roll out to a 1/2 inch thickness. Spread into a greased 8 inch square baking pan. Cover, and let rise for 30 minutes.
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter or margarine and confectioner's sugar in a saucepan. Add almonds and 1 tablespoon milk. Remove from heat, and stir in honey. Spread evenly and carefully onto the dough. Allow dough to continue to rise for an additional 30 minutes.
- Bake at 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) for 20 to 25 minutes, or until crust turns golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Dissolve cornstarch in a little milk. Combine 1 1/2 cups milk, cornstarch, and 1 tablespoon sugar inn the top of a double boiler. Heat while stirring until thickened, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add in beaten egg, and keep stirring for about 2 more minutes, or until thick. Remove from heat, and stir in extract. Chill, covered, in refrigerator for at least 1 hour. Beat the whipping cream with the cream of tartar until stiff. Fold into the chilled pudding.
- Cut the cooled almond crust bread into 1 1/4 x 2 inch rectangles. Slice each horizontally into halves. Fill with pudding mixture. Chill, and serve cold.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 226 calories, Carbohydrate 20.2 g, Cholesterol 46.3 mg, Fat 14.4 g, Fiber 1.3 g, Protein 4.9 g, SaturatedFat 7 g, Sodium 56.3 mg, Sugar 6.2 g
BEE STING CAKE
This bee sting cake (aka bienenstich) may look daunting, but it's well worth the effort. Take each step at a time, and you'll be surprised how easy it is to make. -Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 21
- For filling, in a small heavy saucepan, mix sugar, cornstarch and salt. Whisk in milk. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat to low; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from heat. In a small bowl, whisk egg yolks. Whisk a small amount of hot mixture into egg yolks; return all to pan, whisking constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in butter until melted. Immediately transfer to a clean bowl; stir in vanilla. Cool 30 minutes. Press plastic wrap onto surface of filling; refrigerate until cold., Whisk custard gently. Fold in half the whipped cream. Fold in remaining whipped cream. Cover and refrigerate., While custard is chilling, make dough. In a large bowl, mix sugar, yeast, salt and 1 cup flour. In a small saucepan, heat milk and butter to 120°-130°. Add to dry ingredients; beat on medium speed 1 minute. Add eggs; beat on high 1 minute. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky)., Turn dough onto a well floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour. , While dough is rising, make almond topping. In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter, honey and sugar. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat; stir in almonds. Cool slightly and set aside. , Punch down dough. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; roll into a 9-in. circle. Transfer to greased 9-in. springform baking pan, pressing to evenly fill pan with dough. Spoon almond mixture over dough and gently spread to cover entire surface. Cover pan with a kitchen towel; let rise in a warm place until doubled, 25-30 minutes. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake until topping is golden brown, 25-30 minutes. Cool on a wire rack 10 minutes. Loosen sides from pan with a knife. Cool 1 hour longer. , Remove cake from base of springform pan. Using a long serrated knife, cut cake horizontally in half; spread filling over cake. Replace top of cake. Serve immediately. Chill leftovers.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 548 calories, Fat 32g fat (16g saturated fat), Cholesterol 178mg cholesterol, Sodium 314mg sodium, Carbohydrate 56g carbohydrate (18g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 11g protein.
HONEY BEE CAKE
- Take whatever you need out of the refrigerator so that all ingredients can come to room temperature, and while that's happening, melt the chocolate from the cake part of the ingredients list in a good-sized bowl, either in the microwave or suspended over a pan of simmering water. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F, and butter and line a 9-inch springform tin.
- Beat together the sugar and soft butter until airy and creamy, and then add the honey.
- Add 1 of the eggs, beating it in with a tablespoon of the flour, and then the other egg with another tablespoon of flour. Fold in the melted chocolate, and then the rest of the flour and baking soda. Add the cocoa pushed through a tea strainer to ensure you have no lumps, and last of all, beat in the boiling water. Mix everything well to make a smooth batter and pour into the prepared tin. Cook for up to 1 1/2 hours, though check the cake after 45 minutes and if it is getting too dark, cover the top lightly with aluminium foil and keep checking every 15 minutes.
- Let the cake cool completely in the tin on a rack.
- To make the glaze, bring the water and honey to a boil in a saucepan, then turn off the heat and add the finely chopped chocolate, swirling it around to melt in the hot liquid. Leave it for a few minutes, then whisk together. Add the sugar through a sieve and whisk again until smooth.
- Choose your plate or stand, and cut out 4 strips of baking paper and form a square outline on the plate. This is so that when you sit the cake on and ice it, the icing will not run out all over the plate. Unclip the tin and set the thoroughly cooled cake on the prepared plate. Pour the glaze over the cold honey bee cake; it might dribble a bit down the edges, but don't worry too much about that. The glaze stays tacky for ages (this is what gives it its lovely melting gooiness) so ice in time for the glaze to harden a little, say at least an hour before you want to serve it. Keep the pan of glaze, (don't wash it up), as you will need it to make the stripes on the bees.
- Divide the marzipan into 6 even pieces and shape them into fat, sausage-like bees' bodies, slightly tapered at the ends.
- Using a wooden skewer, paint stripes with the sticky honey glaze left in the pan from icing the cake. About 3 stripes look best, and then very carefully attach the flaked almonds at an angle to make the bees' wings, 2 on each one. They might snap as you dig them into the marzipan bodies, so have some spare. I'm afraid to admit, I also like to give them eyes by dipping the point of the skewer in the glaze and thence on the bees: they look more loveable with an expression, which is somehow what the eyes give them, but then this is where the Disney effect comes in. If a more imperial dignity is required, forgo the dotting of the eyes and present this as your Napoleonic Chocolate Cake.
HONEY-LEMON BEEHIVE CAKE
Adorned with edible honeybees and layered to perfection, this buzz worthy cake is downright adorable for any occasion.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 20
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour 2 (8-inch) round pans and 1 ovenproof glass bowl (8 inches across top). In medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In large bowl, beat 2 cups butter with electric mixer on medium speed until creamy. Beat in 4 cups powdered sugar until blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with milk, beating well on low speed after each addition. Beat on low speed 1 minute. Stir in lemon peel, lemon juice and zucchini. Spoon into pans.
- Bake round cake pans 38 to 42 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Bake bowl cake 45 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans and bowl 10 minutes; remove from pans and bowls to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 2 hours.
- In large bowl, beat 2 cups butter on medium speed until creamy. Beat in 8 cups powdered sugar on low speed, 1 cup at a time, until creamy. Beat in honey and cream until creamy. Add yellow food color until desired shade.
- Place 1 cake layer, top side up, on cake plate. Spread 1/2 cup of the frosting over top. Top with second layer, top side down. Spread 1/2 cup of the frosting over the second layer. Top with bowl-shaped cake, round side up. Thinly frost side and top of cake with additional frosting to seal in crumbs. Fill decorating bag fitted with 5/8-inch tube tip with remaining frosting. Pipe frosting in stripes around cake.
- To make edible bees, in small microwavable bowl, melt candy melts on high for 45 seconds, stirring every 15 seconds or until melted. Transfer to resealable food-storage plastic bag. Cut a tiny corner off bag. Drizzle chewy chocolate candies with the melted yellow candy to make stripes. Tip chewy chocolate candies upright on one short end. Squeeze a small amount of yellow candy on the end of the chewy chocolate candy, and top with a yellow chocolate covered candy for the bee's head. Let set 3 to 4 minutes. With the remaining melted yellow candy, attach 2 almond slices on both sides of the chewy chocolate candies, making the wings. Repeat with remaining almonds. Garnish cake with edible bees.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 710, Carbohydrate 94 g, Cholesterol 150 mg, Fat 6 1/2, Fiber 1 g, Protein 6 g, SaturatedFat 21 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 420 mg, Sugar 69 g, TransFat 1 1/2 g
Guests at my fun Bee Tea thought this cake was so cute! To make the hive's different-sized cake layers, I just searched through my kitchen drawers and cabinets and found containers I had on hand to bake the tiers. Honey adds character to the spice cake's flavor. -Sheila Bradshaw, Columbus, Ohio
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10-12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water, eggs, honey and oil on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for two minutes. Grease and flour a 6-oz. and a 10-oz. custard cup and a 1-1/2-qt. round baking dish., Pour 1/3 cup batter into the 6-oz. cup, 1 cup batter into the 10-oz. cup and the remaining batter into the baking dish., Bake the small cake at 350° for 30-35 minutes, the medium cake for 40-45 minutes and the large cake for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from dishes to wire racks to cool completely., In a large bowl, beat frosting and food coloring until smooth. Place large cake on a serving plate; spread with frosting. Top with medium cake; frost. Top with small cake; frost top and sides of entire cake. , Using a wooden spoon and beginning at bottom of cake, make circles in frosting around cake to form the beehive. Position chocolate wafer at the base for the entrance.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 467 calories, Fat 19g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 64mg cholesterol, Sodium 426mg sodium, Carbohydrate 70g carbohydrate (54g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 4g protein.
- To make the honey almond praline: Melt the butter, add sugar and honey, cook until bubbly and ingredients marry. Remove from the heat and stir in the almonds. Let this mixture cool.
- To make the custard filling: First place the sugar and cornstarch in a small to medium pan. In a bowl, mix the egg yolks and milk together. Whisk them into the sugar and starch mixture in the pan. Cook this over low heat and gradually increase to a medium heat bringing the mixture to a boil. The mixture will bubble slowly. Whisk this bubbling mixture for 3 to 4 minutes and remove from heat.
- Soak the gelatin in a 1/4 cup of warm water for 5 minutes. Add gelatin mixture to hot custard and whisk. Set aside to cool in a clean bowl. Cover with plastic to keep mixture from crusting and refrigerate until cool.
- After mixture has cooled, whip cream, sugar, and vanilla to medium peaks. Fold whipped cream into cooled custard. Make sure to whisk custard to creamy stage before gradually folding in whipping cream. Refrigerate until ready to fill split cake layers.
- To make the cake: Sift flour and salt together into a large bowl. Make a well in the center of the flour. Add yeast and sugar to the well. Add milk, cooled melted butter, and egg, and let sit for 2 minutes to soften yeast, whisk yeast and liquid ingredients only to dissolve yeast. Gradually whisk or beat in flour until well is blended. Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface and knead in enough flour only until dough is no longer sticky. Continue kneading approximately 5 to 7 minutes until dough is smooth and elastic. Cover dough with a towel or plastic wrap and let dough rest approximately 1/2 hour to 45 minutes.
- Punch dough down. Roll or pat dough into 9 inch, greased pan. Prick dough all over with a fork. Spread cooled honey almond praline over dough. Let cake rest and double in height approximately, 45 to 60 minutes. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake until golden approximately 20 to 25 minutes.
- To assemble the cake: Cut cooled cake in half to make 2 layers. Drizzle 1/3 jar caramel over bottom layer. Top with the custard mixture. Place the top layer over the custard and refrigerate or freeze for several hours to firm up custard before cutting.
- This recipe can be doubled and made into a half sheet cake the size of a jellyroll pan, this is wonderful to serve for breakfast gatherings, this cake will not be too sweet. If baking in half sheet, use a piece of cardboard to lift off top half of cake, you can use a flattened paper plate on round cake layers.
People also searched
More about "beehive cake recipes"
LEMON HONEY BEEHIVE CAKE - A CLASSIC TWIST
4.3/5 (3)Estimated Reading Time 3 minsServings 8Total Time 1 hr 45 mins
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar together until pale and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes on medium speed. Add lemon zest. Add the eggs one at a time, beating to combine between each addition. Beat in the vanilla extract.
BEEHIVE HONEY BUNDT CAKE - BEAUTIFUL UNIQUE DESSERT …
5/5 (4)Total Time 1 hr 20 minsCategory DessertCalories 616 per serving
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together the butter and brown sugar until fluffy. Then mix in the eggs, one at a time. Finally, mix in the honey and vanilla.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Finally, add the sour cream and beat until just combined.
HONEY CAKE RECIPE | HONEYCOMB CAKE | BEEHIVE CAKE - …
5/5 (8)Servings 12Cuisine World
- Preheat oven to 340F (170C). Spray the mold with cooking oil and set aside.In a large bowl whisk eggs and sugar, whisk until combined.Add oil, honey, salt, vanilla extract and whisk until combined.
- Add tea and whisk until combined.Sift in flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and stir just until incorporated.Pour the batter into prepared pan.Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.Allow to cool slightly, then release from the mold.Meanwhile make the syrup: in a small bowl whisk hot water and honey.
- Set aside.When cake is ready, drizzle with the syrup.Allow to cool before serving.Frequently asked questions:WHERE CAN WE BUY HONEYCOMB CAKE MOLD?You can buy honeycomb cake mold on my shop.
- This is the link: Honeycomb cake moldCAN WE MAKE HONEYCOMB CAKE WITHOUT THE MOLD?Technically you can make the same cake with the same recipe in a 8-inch (20cm) round cake pan.
BEEHIVE CAKE RECIPE - ZOëBAKES - ZOEBAKES.COM
Reviews 119Estimated Reading Time 6 mins See details »
GERMAN BIENENSTICH KUCHEN (BEE STING CAKE) RECIPE
4/5 (64)Total Time 3 hrs 20 minsCategory Dessert, CakeCalories 310 per serving See details »
HIVE CAKE RECIPE - BBC FOOD
Servings 14-16Category Cakes And Baking See details »
BEEHIVE CAKE : RECIPES : COOKING CHANNEL RECIPE | ZOë ...
Servings 1Total Time 1 hr 40 minsCategory Dessert See details »
HONEY CAKE RECIPE | HONEYCOMB CAKE | BEEHIVE CAKE - …
See details »
OMA'S BIENENSTICH RECIPE ~ GERMAN BEE STING CAKE
See details »
HONEY-GLAZED BEEHIVE CAKE RECIPE | MARTHA STEWART
- Place rack in center of oven, and preheat oven to 350 degrees. Using a pastry brush, coat both sides of a beehive mold with butter, making sure to cover all areas. Dust mold with flour, tap out excess, and freeze until ready to use.
- Bring honey, brown sugar, and butter to a boil in a small saucepan, stirring until sugar dissolves. Add vanilla, and remove from heat. Let cool for 1 minute.
- Bring water to a boil. Add 1 3/4 cups sugar, and stir to dissolve. Remove from heat; let cool for 3 minutes. Spoon some glaze over cake. (If too runny, add more sugar until glaze is the consistency of thick honey.) Pour 1/2 of the glaze over cake, letting it drizzle down the sides. Let set for 5 minutes, then spoon remaining glaze on top. Arrange marzipan bees on cake, pressing gently to adhere to glaze. Serve immediately.
GERMAN BEE STING CAKE (BIENENSTICH) RECIPE | CHEF DENNIS
5/5 (31)Total Time 3 hrs 10 minsCategory DessertCalories 326 per serving
- In a medium-sized heatproof bowl, mix the sugar and egg yolks together. (Don’t let the mixture sit too long or you will get pieces of egg forming.) Sift the flour and cornstarch together and then add to the egg mixture, mixing until you get a smooth paste.
- In a small saucepan (or a small cup if you want to use the microwave), combine milk and 1 tablespoon honey and heat until it registers between 110 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer. Pour the mixture into the bowl of an electric mixer and sprinkle over yeast. Let mixture stand for 10 minutes until yeast is creamy/foamy.
- Using a serrated knife, cut the cake in half. I place the cake on a rotating cake stand and being by rotating the cake and creating a cut line midway through the cake. Continue rotating, allowing the knife to cut deeper until the cake is completely sliced in half.
BEEHIVE CAKE RECIPE | DEVOUR | COOKING CHANNEL
Estimated Reading Time 6 mins See details »
HONEY LEMON BEEHIVE CAKE RECIPE - NORDIC WARE AUSTRALIA
Servings 8Total Time 1 hr 40 minsCategory CakesPhone (03) 9538 9200 See details »
HONEY LEMON BEEHIVE CAKE - NORDIC WARE
4.7/5 (3)Total Time 40 mins See details »
HONEY CAKE - FROMTHEBEEHIVE.CO.UK
See details »
RECIPE BEEHIVE CAKE - YOUTUBE
See details »
BEEHIVE CAKE | RECIPE | CAKE RECIPES, FOOD NETWORK RECIPES ...
See details »
BEEHIVE CAKE RECIPE
See details »
BEEHIVE CAKE | RECIPE | BEE HIVE CAKE, CAKE, DESSERTS
See details »
You'll also love