Moules Frites are a quintessential French and Belgian Bistro food. It can also be a fun family meal as everything can be eaten using your fingers! Follow this recipe to make delicious Belgian-style mussels and serve with chips.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- To clean the mussels, wash in cold running water, scrub them and remove the beards. Discard any that do not close when tapped. To cook the mussels, melt the butter in a large pan or stockpot. Add the shallots, celery, leek and bay leaves and cook until softened but not browned. Add the mussels, half the parsley, the thyme and freshly ground black pepper and stir well. Add the wine, bring to the boil, then cover the pan and steam the mussels for around three minutes. The mussels are ready when they open. Discard any unopened mussels. Pour in the cream and stir thoroughly. Serve in big bowls garnished with the remaining parsley.
Another typical Belgian dish! It can be eaten in almost any restaurant during the mussel season. This absolutely has to be served with Belgian fries!
Provided by Maiumlteacute G.
Yield 2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Wash the mussels thoroughly and remove all the ones that are open.
- Melt the butter in a large pot and add the vegetables, some pepper and salt. Cook until the veggies have softened a bit.
- Add the mussels and put a lid on the pot. Cook for 5 minutes and shake the pot. Cook for another 5 minutes. The mussels should be done bu now.
- Serve with homemade Belgian fries and a salad! Enjoy!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 966.8, Fat 28.4, SaturatedFat 8, Cholesterol 295.3, Sodium 2943.4, Carbohydrate 50, Fiber 2.2, Sugar 4.8, Protein 120.5
- In a large (10-quart or larger) stock pot, combine mussels, shallots, garlic, rosemary, thyme, parsley, beer and vegetable stock. Cover, and place over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, and steam until mussels open, about 5 minutes.
- Remove mussels to serving plates or a large serving bowl. Add butter to pot, and stir. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Pour sauce over mussels and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 427, UnsaturatedFat 6 grams, Carbohydrate 19 grams, Fat 12 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 54 grams, SaturatedFat 3 grams, Sodium 1301 milligrams, Sugar 0 grams, TransFat 0 grams
- Clean and d-beard the mussels. discard any that don't open when tapped. Melt the butter in a large stockpot. Add the shallots, celery, leek and bay leaves and cook until softened (but not brown). Add the mussels, half the parsley, thyme and freshly ground black pepper, and stir well. Add the wine, bring to the boil, then cover the pan and steam the mussels for around five minutes, or for as long as it takes for the mussels to open and cook. Pour in the cream and stir well. (I find it easier to scoop the mussels out with a slotted spoon, then add the cream...) Discard any mussels that are not open. Serve in large bowls, sprinkled with remaining parsley. Don't forget to put out a bowl for empty shells!
MOULES MARINIERES - BELGIAN MUSSELS
Mussels taste of the sea and a quick and easy to cook. I was always told to drink a glass or 2 of wine when eating mussels - why? I don't know.
Provided by Coasty
Categories < 15 Mins
Yield 2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a casserole pot.
- Add onions, celery, and saute for a few minutes.
- Add the wine a bring to the boil.
- Add the mussels and place lid on pot give a good shake to mix.
- Cook until mussels have opened shaking even now and again.
- Add 1 tablespoon of butter, cream and the parsley and stir.
- Serve with crusty bread or as in Belgium with frites.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 675.1, Fat 27.4, SaturatedFat 12.3, Cholesterol 187.2, Sodium 1539.9, Carbohydrate 25.7, Fiber 0.9, Sugar 2.9, Protein 60.5
More about "belgian mussels recipes"
MOULES-FRITES - TRADITIONAL BELGIAN RECIPE | 196 FLAVORS
CLASSIC BELGIAN MUSSELS | BCLIQUOR
MOULES AU VIN BLANC (BELGIAN MUSSELS) | ZOJIRUSHI.COM
BELGIAN ALE-BRAISED MUSSELS RECIPE
MUSSELS IN WHITE WINE (MOULES MARINIèRES) RECIPE : SBS …
BELGIAN WIT MUSSELS WITH COCONUT MILK (AND CURRIED FRIES)
BEST BELGIAN STYLE BLUE MUSSELS RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
TRADITIONAL BELGIAN BEER MUSSELS - PACIFIC WEST
MUSSELS STEAMED IN BELGIAN ALE, SHALLOTS & HERBS
STEAMED BELGIAN MUSSELS IN WHITE WINE AND GARLIC - FOOD TO LOVE
BELGIAN MUSSELS - MASTER RECIPES
BELGIAN STYLE MUSSELS - JENNSDAILY
BELGIAN WAY MUSSELS, A TYPICALLY-BELGIAN DISH! - BRUSSELSLIFE.BE
BELGIAN MUSSELS RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
BELGIAN MUSSELS - CHEF'S PENCIL
BELGIAN BEER MUSSELS RECIPE | SIDECHEF
BELGIAN CLASSICS (3): BELGIAN MUSSELS • LEEKS AND HIGH HEELS
BELGIAN-STYLE ROASTED MUSSELS RECIPE | PBS FOOD
BELGIAN BEER STEAMED MUSSELS RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
BELGIAN MUSSELS AND FRIES RECIPE | DEPORECIPE.CO
BELGIAN MUSSELS RECIPE | RECIPE: BELGIAN MOULES MARINIERES
BEER-STEAMED MUSSELS WITH BACON RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
20 BELGIAN FOODS (MOST POPULAR DISHES IN BELGIUM) - INSANELY …
GRILLED BELGIAN STYLE MUSSELS | KINGSFORD®
MOULES BELGIAN MUSSELS - INTERNATIONAL CUISINE
MUSSELS RECIPE FOR DELICIOUS “MOULES-FRITES” - GEORGE HUGHES …
RUSTIC BELGIAN MUSSEL SOUP - PRESERVING THE NORTH SEA
BELGIAN ALE-BRAISED MUSSELS RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
BELGIAN BEER MUSSELS RECIPE | OLIVEMAGAZINE
THE BEST MOULES MARINIèRES (SAILOR-STYLE MUSSELS) RECIPE
MOULES FRITES – BELGIAN MUSSELS WITH FRENCH FRIES (OVEN FRIES)
25 EASY MUSSELS RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
BELGIAN BEER-STEAMED MUSSELS: RECALIBRATING - TURNTABLE KITCHEN
MUSSELS STEAMED IN WINE AND CREAM FROM BELGIUM - THE FOREIGN …
RECIPES - BLUE OCEAN MUSSELS
BELGIAN-STYLE MUSSEL MEAT NOODLE | RECIPE | KITCHEN STORIES
MUSSELS WITH FENNEL, LEMON, AND BELGIAN ALE - GREATIST
COOK FOR A BELGIAN: MOULES FRITES (MUSSELS AND FRIES)
BEST MUSSELS WITH BLUE CHEESE & BEER - SIMPLE. TASTY. GOOD.
BELGIAN STYLE MUSSELS IN WHITE WINE CREAMY SAUCE - TASTEABROAD
BELGIAN MUSSELS RECIPE, VIDEO, AND COOKING TIPS | EPICURIOUS.COM
CLASSIC BELGIAN MUSSELS - BLUE OCEAN MUSSELS RECIPE
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #for-1-or-2 #healthy #main-dish #seafood #easy #european #beginner-cook #low-fat #belgian #dietary #low-saturated-fat #low-calorie #low-carb #mussels #low-in-something #shellfish #number-of-servings
You'll also love