BEST MAC 'N CHEESE EVER!
This is the best mac 'n cheese ever! I started out by going through the recipes on this site and when I found one I wanted to try, I was putting together the first few ingredients and said, 'Ya know what would be great to add to this...' and that's where the 'Best Mac 'N Cheese Ever' was created. By the time I was done and it was served at our New Year's Day lunch everyone was raving about how delish it was. Try this easy recipe for a down-home Southern taste of the Best Baked Mac 'N Cheese Ever!
Provided by CASS CLARK
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook elbow macaroni in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through but firm to the bite, 8 minutes. Drain; pour macaroni into the prepared dish.
- Beat eggs, sour cream, seasoned salt, and black pepper into a smooth mixture; stir Cheddar cheese and Cheddar-Monterey Jack cheese into mixture until thoroughly combined. Pour over macaroni and mix well. Top casserole with torn pieces of processed cheese. Drizzle melted butter over casserole, especially along the sides.
- Bake in the preheated oven until casserole is bubbling and cheese has melted, about 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 427.5 calories, Carbohydrate 27.3 g, Cholesterol 130.2 mg, Fat 27.9 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 17.1 g, SaturatedFat 17.2 g, Sodium 551 mg, Sugar 3.6 g
"WORLD'S BEST" MACARONI & CHEESE
We tasted this in Seattle at the Pike Place Market in the Beecher's store. It is the best! I had to get their recipe and I found it on the internet; It is a very rich creamy comfort food. I do not have Beecher's cheese so I improvised with what is available and it came out as tasty as the original. Serve this with a crisp salad. Enjoy!
Provided by Sageca
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Preheat oven to 350; F. Set a large pot of water on high heat.
- Meanwhile, begin the sauce by making a roux: in a medium saucepan melt the butter over medium heat. Whisk in the flour. Continue to stir this roux over medium heat for two to three minutes.
- The roux should be cooked and free of the flour flavor but still light in color.
- Gradually add milk, whisking briskly to maintain a smooth sauce.
- Cook the sauce for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally to avoid scorching.
- When sauce thickens, add cheeses, salt and spices to the sauce, and stir until all the cheese has melted. I make my sauces in the microwave; turns out great and never scorches.
- Somewhere during this sauce-cooking process, your pasta water has started boiling. The original is made with Penne noodles. Add a generous amount of salt to the water and cook the pasta until almost but not quite al dente (two minutes before the package directions indicate). You want barely undercooked pasta so that it can finish in the oven later. Halt the cooking by draining the pasta and rinsing with cold water. Return pasta to pot.
- Pour sauce over pasta and stir until completely incorporated. The combination should be fairly saucy, almost soupy.
- Dish the mixture into a buttered 9-13 pan and sprinkle with extra grated cheeses and cayenne. Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes, until you have beautiful, browned edges. Those edges will be a welcome and flavorful addition to each serving.
- Let the dish sit for 5 to 10 minutes before serving. I divided this in 2 containers and froze one.
BEST-EVER MACARONI AND CHEESE
In the South, mac 'n cheese is like everyone's favorite aunt-and this best-ever recipe beats out the rest.
Provided by Southern Living Test Kitchen
Yield Serves 10
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare pasta according to package directions for al dente.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium. Add next 6 ingredients; cook, stirring, 30 seconds. Add flour, and cook, stirring, until golden, 2 minutes. Gradually whisk in milk and cream. Bring to a boil, whisking occasionally. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer, whisking, until slightly thickened, 5 minutes. Stir in Worcestershire sauce. Remove from heat; stir in 3/4 cup each of shredded Cheddar cheeses until melted. (Reserve remaining 1/4 cup each of shredded cheeses.) Stir in pasta and diced cheeses; pour into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch (3-quart) baking dish.
- Bake on a rimmed baking sheet in preheated oven until bubbly and golden, 30 minutes. Remove from oven; increase oven temperature to broil. Sprinkle with reserved shredded cheeses; broil 6 inches from heat until cheeses are melted and golden, about 2 minutes. Remove from oven; cool slightly on a wire rack, about 15 minutes.
BEST EVER MACARONI CHEESE RECIPE
This perfect baked macaroni cheese recipe comes with a creamy cheese sauce, a hint of mustard and uses leftover French stick for its crunchy topping
Provided by Jennifer Joyce
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Spread the baguette chunks over a baking sheet, drizzle with the melted butter and season. Bake for 6 mins until crisp, then set aside.
- Boil the pasta for 2 mins less than stated on the pack, then drain. Meanwhile, melt the butter in a saucepan. Add the garlic and English mustard powder, cook for 1 min, then stir in the plain flour.
- Cook for 1 min more, then gradually whisk in the milk until you have a lump-free sauce. Simmer for 5 mins, whisking all the time until thickened. Take off the heat, then stir in the cheddar and half the parmesan.
- Stir the pasta and some seasoning into the cheesy sauce. Tip into a large ovenproof dish, or four individual dishes.
- Scatter over the bread and the remaining parmesan, then bake for 20 mins until crisp and golden. Can be frozen before baking - defrost thoroughly before cooking.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 860 calories, Fat 42 grams fat, SaturatedFat 25 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 88 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 9 grams sugar, Protein 38 grams protein, Sodium 1.9 milligram of sodium
BEST MACARONI AND CHEESE EVER
Ok, My mom hates macaroni and cheese and when she tried this she instantly fell in love. My little brother(age 1 1/2) ate a whole plate.
Provided by MightyMickie
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 8 bowls
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Cook macaroni, Drain.
- In sauce pan melt butter, stir in 4tbs flour, salt, pepper (until smooth) and add milk and cook (cook on low, milk will scald) while stirring until thickened and bubbly.
- Stir in 2 cups of the cheese until melted.
- Combine Macaroni and sauce in buttered casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake in oven for 25 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 240, Fat 6.2, SaturatedFat 3.6, Cholesterol 18.9, Sodium 503.8, Carbohydrate 36.9, Fiber 1.4, Sugar 1.1, Protein 8.8
BEST EVER MAC & CHEESE
To make this amazing mac, I make a sauce loaded with three different cheeses to toss with the noodles. When baked, it's gooey goodness with a crunchy topping that...don't get me started! -Beth Jacobson, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a stockpot or Dutch oven, cook pasta according to package directions for al dente; drain and return to pan. Pulse bread, 2 tablespoons butter, Parmesan, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in a food processor until coarsely ground., Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, melt remaining butter. Add onions and cook until tender, about 3 minutes. Add ground mustard and cayenne; stir until blended. Stir in flour until smooth, about 3 minutes. Slowly whisk in milk and cream; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer, stirring constantly, until thickened, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in Velveeta. Slowly add remaining cheeses a handful at a time, stirring until cheese is melted. Add Worcestershire and remaining salt and pepper. Pour over pasta; toss to coat., Transfer to a greased 13x9-in baking dish. Sprinkle bread crumbs over top of casserole. Bake until topping is golden brown and sauce is bubbly, 10-12 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 762 calories, Fat 43g fat (25g saturated fat), Cholesterol 134mg cholesterol, Sodium 1138mg sodium, Carbohydrate 61g carbohydrate (10g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 32g protein.
THE BEST BAKED MAC & CHEESE RECIPE EVER
- Boil the pasta JUST until al dente, according to package directions. Drain and return to the pan you boiled it in. Set aside. (Mix in a little butter to keep the noodles from sticking if it's going to be awhile before you make the sauce)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- To a medium saucepan over medium heat, add the butter. When the butter has melted, add the flour, salt, dry mustard, pepper, and 1/8 teaspoon smoked paprika. With a wooden spoon or whisk, stir constantly for three minutes.
- Add the milk in a thin stream, stirring constantly with a whisk. Continue to stir constantly until the sauce thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon, 5-8 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add 2 cups of the cheese, stirring until melted. You'll reserve the last cup of cheese for topping. Pour the cheese sauce over the pasta and toss gently until all of the pasta is coated.
- Add half the pasta to a two-quart casserole dish (I like a tall 8-inch by 8-inch baking dish). Sprinkle on half the cheese. Add the rest of the pasta. Sprinkle on the rest of the cheese, then dust lightly with the smoked paprika.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until the mac and cheese is bubbling and browning on top.
- Serve, topping individual servings with parsley or cooked, chopped bacon if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 442 kcal, Sugar 7 g, Sodium 601 mg, Fat 22 g, SaturatedFat 13 g, Carbohydrate 38 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 23 g, Cholesterol 68 mg, ServingSize 1 serving
THE BEST MACARONI AND CHEESE
Amanda Hesser brought this recipe to The Times in a 1998 article about a return to simply-prepared, down-home foods in response to the brash, over-the-top 90's style of cooking. It's an adaptation of one found in Pam Anderson's book, "The Perfect Recipe," and it calls for stirring the mixture every five minutes while it is baking. This gives it the ideal balance of lightness and creaminess -- a detail that is missing from most macaroni and cheese recipes.
Provided by Amanda Hesser
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place a 1 1/2-quart heat-proof dish, such as a souffle pan, in oven to warm.
- In a small baking pan, combine bread crumbs, a pinch of salt and the melted butter. Mix well and set aside.
- In a large pot, bring 8 cups of water to a boil. Add 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt and the macaroni. Cook until almost tender but still a little firm to the bite. Drain and transfer to preheated dish. Stir in remaining 4 tablespoons of butter.
- In a small bowl, combine eggs, 1 cup of the evaporated milk, the pepper sauce, 1/2 teaspoon salt, the black pepper and the mustard mixture. Mix well. Pour egg mixture over macaroni. Add 3/4 of the cheese, and stir until thoroughly combined and cheese starts to melt.
- Place dish of macaroni and cheese in the oven, and bake for 5 minutes. Remove dish from oven and add about half of the remaining evaporated milk, and half of the remaining cheese. Stir well, and return pan to oven. Bake 5 minutes longer, remove pan from oven, and stir thoroughly. If mixture does not look moist and creamy, add a little more of the milk and cheese. Return to oven for an additional 20 minutes, removing pan from oven halfway through to stir in remaining evaporated milk and cheese.
- While macaroni is baking, add pan of bread crumbs to oven. Bake until bread crumbs are toasted and golden brown, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside. When macaroni has baked, sprinkle surface with toasted bread crumbs, and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 824, UnsaturatedFat 14 grams, Carbohydrate 72 grams, Fat 42 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 39 grams, SaturatedFat 23 grams, Sodium 829 milligrams, Sugar 12 grams, TransFat 1 gram
More about "best ever macaroni cheese recipes"
BEST EVER MACARONI & CHEESE RECIPE | LAND O’LAKES
4.4/5 (28)Calories 500 per servingServings 6
- Melt 1/4 cup butter in 3-quart saucepan until sizzling; stir in flour. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 1 minute or until smooth and bubbly. Add half & half and salt. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, 3-4 minutes or until sauce is thickened.
- Reduce heat to low; stir in cheese. Cook 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Add cooked macaroni; mix well. Spoon into ungreased 2-quart casserole.
EASIEST BAKED MACARONI AND CHEESE (THE BEST!) - RACHEL COOKS®
THE BEST OVEN-BAKED MACARONI AND CHEESE EVER - THE HOW-TO …
15 BEST MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
THE CREAMIEST MACARONI AND CHEESE EVER! - I HEART RECIPES
BEST-EVER MACARONI CHEESE RECIPE | NEW IDEA FOOD
BEST EVER MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING …
38 OF THE BEST MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPES ON PLANET …
OUR 10 BEST MAC AND CHEESE RECIPES | TASTE OF HOME
10 BEST BAKED MACARONI CHEESE RECIPES | YUMMLY
BEST MACARONI CHEESE RECIPE EVER - FERIAGRAFIX.COM
ULTIMATE MACARONI AND CHEESE | CANADIAN LIVING
ANTHONY'S MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST ...
BEST EVER BAKED MACARONI & CHEESE - MY INCREDIBLE RECIPES
BEST EVER MACARONI AND CHEESE - LOAVES AND DISHES
ULTIMATE CREAMY BAKED MACARONI AND CHEESE - SEASONS AND …
BEST MACARONI AND CHEESE EVER RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
CREAMY BAKED MAC AND CHEESE (CONTEST-WINNING!) - THE CHUNKY …
LITERALLY THE BEST MAC AND CHEESE EVER - THE FOOD CHARLATAN
THE BEST MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPES EVER - YUMMLY
BAKED MAC AND CHEESE - RECIPETIN EATS
BEST EVER MACARONI & CHEESE - MRS HAPPY HOMEMAKER
THE BEST MACARONI AND CHEESE - MY ORGANIZED CHAOS
13 BEST MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
BEST EVER MACARONI CHEESE RECIPES - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING …
HOMEMADE THREE CHEESE MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPE
BEST 5 MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPES | FN DISH - FOOD NETWORK
MACARONI CHEESE RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
EASY MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPE BAKED - THERESCIPES.INFO
THE BEST MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPE EVER! • REVIEWS BY KATHY …
THE BEST MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPE (REALLY!) - OH SWEET BASIL
THE BEST BAKED MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPE!
SOUTHERN MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPE - ADD A PINCH
SOUTHERN BAKED MACARONI AND CHEESE | I HEART RECIPES
HOMEMADE MAC & CHEESE (EXTRA CREAMY) SPEND WITH PENNIES
BEST OVEN-BAKED MAC AND CHEESE RECIPE
THE BEST EVER MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPE - KITCHENMASON
HOW TO MAKE MAC & CHEESE IN A CROCK-POT - DELISH
THE BEST HOMEMADE BAKED MAC AND CHEESE - MOM ON TIMEOUT
You'll also love