SLOW-ROASTED SALMON WITH CUCUMBER DILL SALAD
- For the salad: Quarter the cucumber, lengthwise, and remove the seeds, but leave on the skin. Thinly slice the cucumbers and mix with the salt in a colander. Set in the sink for about 1 hour to drain. Meanwhile, place the yogurt in a coffee filter-lined strainer and set over a bowl to drain, about 1 hour.
- Rinse the cucumbers with cold, running water. Press down on the cucumbers to extract as much liquid as possible and pat dry. Toss the cucumbers with the drained yogurt, dill, sugar, orange zest, cayenne, and season with pepper, to taste.
- Preheat the oven to 275 degrees F.
- Cut the salmon lengthwise and then crosswise to make 4 equal squares of fish. Lightly sprinkle the salmon all over with a pinch of turmeric and rub in slightly to coat evenly. Season salmon with salt and pepper and place on a very lightly oiled oven-proof nonstick pan. Roast the salmon, turning the pieces carefully with a spatula after about 10 minutes, until just cooked through, about 20 minutes in all. (Slow-roasted salmon looks bright orange when done, and will be luscious in the center.) To serve, divide the cucumbers between 4 plates, top with the salmon and garnish with dill fronds.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 369 calorie, Fat 23 grams, SaturatedFat 5 grams, Cholesterol 95 milligrams, Sodium 797 milligrams, Carbohydrate 7 grams, Fiber 1 grams, Protein 39 grams, Sugar 4 grams
SLOW-ROASTED SALMON WITH CABBAGE, BACON & DILL
What could be more Irish than salmon and cabbage and bacon. Recipe from Michael Shlow. Add diced potatoes to the cabbage and you have a complete Irish meal that's a far cry from corned beef and cabbage.
Provided by Chef Kate
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Halve the cabbage lengthwise, cut out the core, then remove the leaves and slice them into 2-1/2-inch squares.
- Preheat the oven to 250°F.
- Place the bacon in a medium sauce pot over medium heat. Render the bacon until cooked but not crispy.
- You should have approximately 2 ounces (4 tablespoons) fat; if you have more, discard the excess.
- Add the onion and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the cabbage and water and let simmer uncovered until the cabbage is tender, about 15 minutes.
- If all the water evaporates during cooking, add more as needed until the cabbage is very tender.
- Meanwhile, place the salmon fillets on a nonstick sheet pan.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon of the olive oil over each fillet.
- Season with salt, pepper, and half the dill. Top each fillet with a teaspoon of butter and place in the oven.
- Cook 15 to 18 minutes for medium rare, 21 to 24 minutes for medium (depending on the thickness of the fish), and if you cook it any longer than that, I can't be held responsible.
- When the cabbage is meltingly soft and tender, season with salt, pepper, and the rest of the dill.
- Keep warm while the salmon finishes cooking.
- Remove the salmon from the oven and drizzle with the lemon juice.
- To serve:.
- Divide the cabbage between four dinner plates, top with the salmon fillets, and drizzle a little more olive oil over the fish.
- Season with freshly ground pepper, sprinkled on and around the fish.
- Garnish with additional fresh dill, if desired, and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 518.4, Fat 38.4, SaturatedFat 10.3, Cholesterol 120.7, Sodium 425.4, Carbohydrate 4, Fiber 0.4, Sugar 1.5, Protein 37.8
SLOW ROASTED BROWN SUGAR AND DILL CURED SALMON
This recipe is so different because it combines both curing and slow roasting! This recipe reminds me of my time in Sweden when my hubby ate Salmon EVERY DAY. . .literally weeks of salmon. . .I couldn't do it! Recipe from December 2009 issue of Cooking Light magazine. They recommend serving it with a light salad made of watercress and cucumber. Time does not include the 8 hour cure period. UPDATE: WOWZERS was this cool! So easy! Salmon is restaurant worthy, but we didn't care for the sauce. . .but I will let you decide! We prefer it with my Recipe #368431 instead.
Provided by januarybride
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a bowl. Place fish, skin side down, in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Rub sugar mixture over fish. Cover and refrigerate 8 hours.
- Preheat oven to 175°.
- Wipe off remaining sugar mixture from fish with a paper towel. Coat a jelly-roll pan with cooking spray. Place fish, skin side down, in pan.
- Bake at 175° for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness.
- Combine mayonnaise and mustard; stir well. Serve mayonnaise mixture with fish.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 302.4, Fat 10.9, SaturatedFat 1.7, Cholesterol 93.9, Sodium 2025.5, Carbohydrate 15, Fiber 0.1, Sugar 14, Protein 34.2
More about "slow roasted salmon with cabbage bacon dill recipes"
SLOW-ROASTED SALMON WITH CABBAGE, BACON, AND DILL - COOKSTR.COM
Category Cookstr RecipesEstimated Reading Time 3 mins
- Halve the cabbage lengthwise, cut out the core, then remove the leaves and slice them into 2½-inch squares.
- Place the bacon in a medium sauce pot over medium heat. Render the bacon until cooked but not crispy. You should have approximately 2 ounces (4 tablespoons) fat; if you have more, discard the excess.
- Add the onion and sauté for 1 minute. Add the cabbage and water and let simmer uncovered until the cabbage is tender, about 15 minutes. If all the water evaporates during cooking, add more as needed until the cabbage is very tender.
SLOW BAKED DILL AND CITRUS SALMON - JOE'S HEALTHY MEALS
20 DILL SALMON RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
SLOW ROASTED SALMON WITH DILL CREAM RECIPE
BROIL SALMON WITH CABBAGE - THERESCIPES.INFO
SALMON CABBAGE ROLLS RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
SLOW-ROASTED SALMON RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
SLOW ROASTED SALMON WITH DILL SAUCE | RECIPE | CUISINE FIEND
SLOW-ROASTED SALMON WITH CABBAGE, BACON AND DILL RECIPE
SERIOUS EATS DINNER TONIGHT: SLOW-ROASTED SALMON WITH CABBAGE, …
SALMON AND CABBAGE BAKE - EVERYDAY HEALTHY RECIPES
SLOW-ROASTED SALMON WITH CABBAGE, BACON & DILL RECIPE - TEXTCOOK
SLOW-ROASTED SALMON WITH CABBAGE, BACON & DILL RECIPE
SLOW-ROASTED SALMON WITH CABBAGE, BACON AND DILL RECIPE
SLOW-ROASTED SALMON WITH CABBAGE, BACON, AND DILL (DINNER …
BAKED SALMON WITH BACON RECIPES - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING …
GENTLY-BAKED SALMON WITH CABBAGE, BACON, AND DILL
SLOW-ROASTED SALMON WITH MELTED CABBAGE RECIPE | PBS …
SLOW-ROASTED SALMON | WILLIAMS SONOMA
THE BEST SALMON EVER, SLOW-BAKED IN JUST 22 MINUTES | EPICURIOUS
THE VICTORY GARDEN . EAT . RECIPES . SLOW-ROASTED SALMON WITH …
SLOW-ROASTED BROWN SUGAR AND DILL CURED SALMON RECIPE
SLOW-ROASTED SALMON WITH DILL AND GARLIC - COOK'S COUNTRY
SLOW ROASTED SALMON WITH DILL - TINY URBAN KITCHEN
SLOW ROASTED SALMON WITH DILL - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
SLOW ROASTED SALMON WITH GARLIC, DILL, PARSLEY, TARRAGON AND LEMON
SALMON RECIPES | RECIPE | DILL RECIPES, ROASTED SALMON, SALMON …
SLOW-ROASTED SALMON WITH CABBAGE, BACON & DILL - GLUTEN FREE …
SALMON WITH DILL CARROTS AND CABBAGE RECIPE
SALMON RECIPES - SERIOUS EATS
SLOW ROASTED SALMON WITH LEMON BUTTER SAUCE - THE FLAVOR BENDER
SLOW-ROASTED SALMON WITH DILL CREAM RECIPE | MYRECIPES
SLOW-ROASTED SALMON FILLET WITH CUCUMBER DILL
SLOW-ROASTED SALMON WITH CABBAGE, BACON, AND DILL RECIPE | EAT …
You'll also love