HOW TO COOK EYE OF ROUND ROAST BEEF
Eye of round, a simple boneless beef roast, is what's called a "whole muscle" cut of beef. It's one of the best cuts for sandwiches with gravy or for making Beef Wellington....and leftovers, too. Whether you're cooking eye of round with a slow cooker, InstaPot (Instant Pot), or your oven, this roast is delicious.
Provided by Alli
Categories Main Course
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Slather the roast with the olive oil on all sides, then season the roast with the salt, garlic, and black pepper. Place the roast into a large freezer bag; seal the bag and place it into a bowl in the fridge.
- 1-2 hours before you want to cook the eye of round roast, remove it from the plastic bag and let it rest on the counter, uncovered. This will let the roast rest and also removes the chill from the meat so it can cook much move evenly.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Place the prepared roast into a greased 12-inch cast iron skillet or roasting pan, then into the oven on the center rack. Roast the meat, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes or until very nicely browned all over the top and bottom.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 325 degrees F.; continue to cook the roast, uncovered, for 45-60 minutes, just until it reaches 125 degrees F. at the center of the roast. Begin testing the internal temperature of the roast at about the 40 minute mark to be sure you don't overcook the roast - this is very important.
- When the roast reaches the internal temperature of 120-125 degrees F. at the center, remove it from the oven, placing it onto a large cutting board. Cover the roast well with foil; let the roast rest for 20-30 minutes.
- While the roast rests, make the pan sauce. Over medium heat, add the wine to the drippings in the skillet or roasting pan; use a whisk to remove any of the attached bits of fond that are stuck to the bottom of the skillet. Continue whisking until the wine is nearly evaporated, then stir in the broth and heat until simmering.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter with the flour to form a paste, then add to the simmering broth, cooking over medium low for 8-10 minutes or until nicely thickened; season the sauce to taste with salt and pepper.
- Using a sharp carving knife, cut the roast into slices, across the grain. Place the slices onto plates; drizzle with the pan sauce, as desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 254 kcal, Carbohydrate 2 g, Protein 33 g, Fat 12 g, SaturatedFat 5 g, Cholesterol 102 mg, Sodium 459 mg, Fiber 1 g, Sugar 1 g, ServingSize 1 serving
A PERFECT EYE OF ROUND ROAST BEEF
Without fail, my mother-in-law made an eye of round roast beef for Sunday dinner every week. While I tried to do so myself, I always had varying results. Sometimes, I overcooked it, and other times, it was too rare. I finally discovered this method that produced a perfect roast beef every time, that was medium, and even rarer in the center, and pleased all of our tastes. The key is to use an eye of round roast (or any well-rounded and even-shaped roast). The seasonings are up to you. I listed very basic seasonings, but I use different meat rubs at times, or whatever I'm in the mood for. While there are not enough pan drippings to make gravy, the juices make a lovely au jus to accompany the beef. This works for any size roast and couldn't be easier.
Provided by JackieOhNo
Categories < 4 Hours
Yield 1 beef roast
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees. If desired, trim off excess fat from roast beef. Season with salt and pepper (and paprika, if desired). Rub meat with vegetable oil.
- Place meat in roasting pan in preheated oven.
- Roast beef for 5 minutes per pound. Then turn off oven. DO NOT OPEN OVEN FOR 2 HOURS! (For example, a 4-lb. roast would take 20 minutes to cook and then sit in the turned-off oven for 2 hours.).
TENDER EYE OF ROUND ROAST
- Combine the oil, salt, pepper, thyme and garlic into a paste, then rub all over the roast. Set aside at room temperature for 1 hour. Forty minutes into the hour, pre-heat the oven to 500 degrees F.
- On a baking sheet, place two sheets of Reynolds Wrap® Aluminum Foil large enough to cover the roast. Place the roast on the foil sheets and transfer everything to the oven. Roast for 6 minutes per pound.
- Remove from the oven. Fold up the foil so it wraps the roast then return it to the oven. Reduce the oven temperature to 170 degrees F and roast for one hour. After an hour, check the internal temperature with an instant-read thermometer: 120-125 degrees F will yield a rare center, 130-140 degrees F will yield a medium-rare center, and 140-150 degrees F will yield a medium center.
- When the roast is finished, remove it and set it on a cutting board to rest. Transfer any drippings from the roast into a saucepan, then combine with the red wine and beef broth. Bring to a simmer over med-high heat and reduce by 1/4; reduce heat to medium-low and whisk in the cubes of butter one at a time until incorporated into the sauce. Add salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
- Slice the roast into 1/2 inch thick slices and serve with the pan sauce poured on top.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 685.2 calories, Carbohydrate 2.2 g, Cholesterol 198.9 mg, Fat 25.6 g, Fiber 0.3 g, Protein 99.7 g, SaturatedFat 10 g, Sodium 1230.8 mg, Sugar 0.2 g
PERFECT EYE-OF-ROUND ROAST
Yield serves 6-8
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees. Rub the roast with oil. Mix all of the remaining ingredients in a small bowl. Completely coat all sides of roast with the seasonings. Place roast in a 12- to 15-inch iron skillet. Put the roast in the oven and immediately reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees. Roast the beef for 20 minutes per pound. You may use a meat thermometer and cook to 125 degrees for medium-rare beef or 135-140 degrees for medium. Cool for 15 minutes before carving. Cut into thin slices across the grain of meat.
TENDER EYE OF ROUND BEEF ROAST ATK
Unusual method for turning an economical low-fat roast into a delicious, tender, juicy, pink inside delight! Follow the instructions to the letter for best results. The roast must be salted, wrapped and refrigerated for 24 hours before cooking. Cooking time is 3 hours total. The best thermometer to use is a probe thermometer with a cable to attach it to a digital controller outside of the oven.
Provided by cathyfood
Categories Roast Beef
Yield 1 roast, 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 3
- First day: Spread salt evenly over all sides of beef roast. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate 18 to 24 hours.
- Second day (start this process 2 1/2 hours before you wish to serve): Preheat oven to 225 degrees F. Prepare shallow roasting pan with rack.
- Unwrap roast, pat dry with paper towels. Rub vegetable oil over surface. Coat with 2 teaspoons ground pepper. Brown roast in a medium-hot skillet on all sides until dark brown, about 3 minutes per side.
- Place on roasting rack. Place thermometer probe in the center of roast, insert from end.
- Roast uncovered for about 1 hr 15 min to internal temperature of 115 degrees F. DO NOT OPEN OVEN DOOR. Turn oven off and leave roast in place for 30 to 50 minutes, until meat reaches 125 degrees internal temperature.
- Remove from oven, place on board. Cover with foil, and allow to rest for 15 minutes before slicing. The roast will be pink and juicy in the center.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1.9, Sodium 1550.5, Carbohydrate 0.5, Fiber 0.2, Protein 0.1
More about "best eye round roast recipes"
10 BEST EYE ROUND ROAST RECIPES | YUMMLY
DELICIOUSLY BOLD EYE OF ROUND ROAST - CERTIFIED ANGUS BEEF
TOP 44 BEST RIB EYE ROAST RECIPE EVER RECIPES
SLOW-ROASTED EYE OF THE ROUND BEEF - BEWITCHING KITCHEN
EYE OF ROUND ROAST - IMMACULATE BITES DINNER
500° EYE-OF-ROUND ROAST | BEEF LOVING TEXANS
HOW TO MAKE TENDER EYE OF ROUND ROAST BEEF - SWEET TEA
EYE OF ROUND ROAST WITH JUS RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
HOW TO MAKE THE PERFECT EYE OF ROUND ROAST - MRS …
BEST EYE ROUND OF ROAST RECIPE - BAKED EYE ROUND OF …
EYE ROUND ROAST - SIMPLE JOY
EYE OF ROUND ROAST (WITH GRAVY) | KITCHN
SAVORY HERB EYE OF ROUND ROAST - ANGUS BEEF AT ITS BEST®
EYE ROUND RECIPES - NYT COOKING
EYE OF ROUND ROAST BEEF WITH GRAVY - VALERIE'S KITCHEN
TOP ROUND ROAST DRY RUB : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
2 LB EYE OF ROUND ROAST RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
SPECTACULAR EYE OF ROUND ROAST | MAVEN COOKERY
EASY EYE OF ROUND ROAST - KITCHEN DREAMING
EYE OF ROUND STEAK RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
HEARTY AND DELICIOUS SLOW COOKER EYE OF ROUND ROAST!
PERFECT OVEN-ROASTED EYE OF ROUND ROAST - GIRL CARNIVORE
EYE ROUND ROAST RECIPE - COOKIST.COM
BEST RECIPE FOR EYE OF ROUND ROAST - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING …
10 BEST EYE ROUND ROAST SLOW COOKER RECIPES | YUMMLY
8 EASY EYE OF ROUND STEAK RECIPES - IZZYCOOKING
PERFECT EYE OF ROUND ROAST | THE DOMESTIC MAN
EYE OF ROUND ROAST RECIPE - HARRIS RANCH BEEF COMPANY
HOW TO COOK EYE OF ROUND ROAST - DELICIOUS AND SIMPLE
HERB AND GARLIC STUFFED EYE OF ROUND ROAST RECIPE
GARLIC HERB BEEF EYE OF ROUND ROAST - ITISAKEEPER.COM
SLOW ROASTED "EYE OF ROUND ROAST" WITH CHIMICHURRI
EYE OF ROUND ROAST BEEF - COPYKAT RECIPES
SMOKED ROAST BEEF WITH EYE OF ROUND ROAST - GRILL RECIPES
EYE OF ROUND ROAST BEEF - NO SPOON NECESSARY
EYE OF ROUND ROAST RECIPE | REYNOLDS BRANDS
EYE OF ROUND ROAST - RENEE'S KITCHEN ADVENTURES
HOW TO COOK EYE OF ROUND STEAK - STEAK UNIVERSITY
BEST EYE OF ROUND ROAST RECIPE - BEST BEEF RECIPES
ROAST EYE OF THE ROUND WITH VEGETABLES | EMERILS.COM
EYE OF ROUND ROAST | TRAEGER GRILLS
PEPPER AND GARLIC EYE OF ROUND ROAST - THE SPRUCE EATS
EYE OF THE ROUND ROAST - A FAMILY FEAST®
You'll also love