BITTERSWEET BROWNIE SHORTBREAD
These chewy bar cookies combine two all-time favorites: crumbly, buttery shortbread and bittersweet brownies. Nut lovers can mix almonds, pecans or walnuts into the brownie batter, which gives the bars a delightful crunch. But those who prefer savoring the smooth, gooey centers of their brownies can easily leave them out. In any case, be sure not to overbake the brownies. As soon as the top sets, they're done.
Provided by Melissa Clark
Categories cookies and bars, dessert
Yield 32 bars
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9-by-13-inch baking dish, and line with parchment paper so that there is a 2-inch overhang on the two long sides.
- Prepare the shortbread: In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment or beaters, mix together flour, sugar and salt. Beat in butter on low speed until dough just comes together but is still a little crumbly. (Or pulse together ingredients in a food processor.)
- Press dough into prepared pan. Prick dough all over with a fork. Bake until golden, 30 to 35 minutes. Remove from oven. Raise oven temperature to 375 degrees.
- As shortbread bakes, prepare the brownie: Place butter and chocolate in a large bowl. Melt in the microwave in 30-second bursts, stirring after each burst, until smooth. (Alternatively, place bowl over a pot of simmering water, and heat chocolate and butter, stirring until smooth and melted.) Whisk in sugars and cocoa powder until smooth, then whisk in eggs and vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour and sea salt. Whisk into chocolate mixture until no streaks of flour remain. Fold in nuts, if using. Spread mixture onto the warm shortbread base. Sprinkle lightly but evenly with flaky sea salt.
- Bake until the top is set, the center is soft, and the edges start pulling away from the pan, 23 to 28 minutes. (A toothpick inserted into the center will come out gooey.) Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Cut into bars before serving.
ANGELA'S XOXO SHORTBREAD BROWNIES
Everyone loves a brownie. This one has a buttery crust with a sweet finish, thanks to the touch of candy on top. -Angela Kamakana Baptista , Hilo, Hawaii
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 16 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a large bowl, mix flour and sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Press onto the bottom of a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 17-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack., Prepare brownie mix batter according to package directions; spread over crust. Bake 23-28 minutes longer or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean (do not overbake). Immediately top with kisses and M&M's, spacing evenly and pressing down lightly to adhere. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 337 calories, Fat 14g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 28mg cholesterol, Sodium 137mg sodium, Carbohydrate 49g carbohydrate (28g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 5g protein.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- For Shortbread crust:.
- In medium bowl, stir together flour, powdered sugar and butter until dough forms a ball.
- Press dough into greased 9x13 inch pan.
- Bake 10-12 minutes.
- For Brownie:.
- In medium bowl, stir together brownie mix, egg, water, oil until moistened (about 40 strokes).
- Spoon brownie batter evenly over cooked shortbread crust.
- Place pecan half over batter.
- Bake 30-35 minutes.
- Cool thoroughly.
HEAVENLY BROWNIE-ON-SHORTBREAD BARS
From Baking for All Occasions by Flo Braker. Flo says: "Baking the silky, intense chocolate topping on crunchy (firm) shortbread makes for neatly cut brownies that will lend panache to any dessert time. I prefer to chop the nuts for this recipe in a nut mill for consistently even chopped nuts. For a more attractive finish, after you chop the nuts, sieve them to remove nut "dust" before topping the brownie." Don't be put off by the length of the recipe, it's just very detailed.
Provided by Annacia
Categories Bar Cookie
Yield 36 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- PAN PREP:.
- Center a rack in the oven and preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Press a.
- sheet of aluminum foil to cover the outside bottom and sides of a 9 by 9 by 2-inch square pan.
- Lift off the foil, invert the pan, and gently press the foil into the pan to fit the contours.
- In a food processor, combine the flour, sugar, and salt and.
- process briefly to blend.
- Scatter the butter pieces over the top and process with 1-second.
- Add the vanilla and continue with 1-second bursts until the ingredients form.
- small clumps.
- Stop before the mixture forms a ball.
- Scatter the clumps over the bottom of the prepared pan, and press with fingertips to line the bottom evenly.
- Bake the shortbread until it is pale gold and firm to the touch, 27 to 32 minutes.
- Let cool in the pan, about 20 minutes.
- HEAVENLY BROWNIE:.
- Briefly whisk together the flour and salt in a medium bowl to blend; set aside.
- In a small, heavy saucepan, melt the butter and chocolate over very low heat, stirring with a silicone spatula until smooth.
- Remove from the heat and stir the sugar into the chocolate mixture, combining thoroughly.
- Set aside for 5 to 7 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs until lightly beaten.
- Add the slightly cooled chocolate mixture to the eggs, stirring to blend. Stir in the vanilla, then the flour mixture.
- Pour the batter over the shortbread, and spread evenly with a rubber spatula.
- Sprinkle the nuts evenly over the batter.
- Gently pat them in place.
- Bake the brownie until the top looks slightly cracked about 1 inch from the edge around the pan and feels soft to the touch, 27 - 30 minutes (Don't overbake; the brownie will firm as it cools).
- Transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely in the pan, at least 3.
- hours or up to overnight.
- TO SERVE:.
- Using the edges of the foil as handles, lift the brownie slab onto a cutting board.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the brownies straight down through the shortbread into 1-1/2-inch squares.
- Return the bars to the pan, cover with aluminum foil, sealing the.
- foil around the edges of the pan, and keep at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 131, Fat 7.8, SaturatedFat 3.5, Cholesterol 29.1, Sodium 32.7, Carbohydrate 13.8, Fiber 0.6, Sugar 8, Protein 1.9
GOOEY BROWNIES WITH SHORTBREAD CRUST
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). In a medium bowl, stir together 1 cup of all-purpose flour and sugar. Cut in butter until the mixture is crumbly. Press firmly into the bottom of a 9x9 inch baking pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes in the preheated oven, until firm and slightly golden. Set aside to cool.
- In a medium bowl, mix together 1/4 cup flour, baking powder, and cocoa powder. Make a well in the center, and add the egg, vanilla, and sweetened condensed milk. Mix until well blended. Stir in the chopped chocolate and walnuts. Spread the mixture over the cooled crust.
- Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven, until brownies begin to pull away from the edges, and the top appears dry. Cool, and cut into squares. Store tightly covered at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 383.8 calories, Carbohydrate 43.7 g, Cholesterol 50.7 mg, Fat 21 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 7.3 g, SaturatedFat 10.1 g, Sodium 130.5 mg, Sugar 30.7 g
More about "bittersweet brownie shortbread recipes"
BEYOND DELICIOUS: BITTERSWEET BROWNIE SHORTBREAD
BITTERSWEET CHOCOLATE BROWNIE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
PECAN SHORTBREAD BROWNIES - BAKE OR BREAK
BITTERSWEET BROWNIE SHORTBREAD ? COMFORT FOOD
Reviews 97Category DessertCuisine AmericanCalories 290 per serving
BROWNIE RECIPE USING BITTERSWEET CHOCOLATE
HOW TO MAKE TED LASSO'S SHORTBREAD RECIPE | APPLEINSIDER
SHORTBREAD CARAMEL BROWNIE BARS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
BROWNIE SHORTBREAD BARS - WOOD & SPOON
BITTERSWEET BROWNIE SHORTBREAD NYT - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING …
BITTERSWEET BROWNIE SHORTBREAD RECIPE - NYT COOKING
BITTERSWEET BROWNIE SHORTBREAD RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING …
BITTERSWEET BROWNIE SHORTBREAD | ARCHIESDAD | COPY ME THAT
BITTERSWEET BROWNIE SHORTBREAD | RECIPE CART
SHORTBREAD CARAMEL BROWNIE BARS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
BITTERSWEET BROWNIE SHORTBREAD RECIPE | RECIPE | SHORTBREAD …
ESPRESSO-SHORTBREAD BROWNIE BARS RECIPE - GRACE PARISI | FOOD
TED LASSO’S SECRET SHORTBREAD RECIPE UNCOVERED BY DEVELOPER
BITTERSWEET BROWNIE SHORTBREAD | STITCHIN | COPY ME THAT
BITTERSWEET BROWNIE SHORTBREAD - FIKABRöD
GOOEY BITTERSWEET BROWNIE SHORTBREAD | MELISSA CLARK | NYT
SHORTBREAD BROWNIES - BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
BITTERSWEET BROWNIE SHORTBREAD - NOJCC.ORG
GOOEY BITTERSWEET BROWNIE SHORTBREAD | MELISSA CLARK | NYT COOKING
BITTERSWEET BROWNIE SHORTBREAD NYT : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
BITTERSWEET BROWNIE SHORTBREAD - MASTERCOOK
SHORTBREAD BROWNIE RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
BITTERSWEET BROWNIE SHORTBREAD RECIPE NYT COOKING
BEST NUTELLA SHORTBREAD BROWNIES RECIPE - THE YELLOW TABLE
BITTERSWEET BROWNIE SHORTBREAD – BLUE CAYENNE
ALMOND SHORTBREAD BROWNIES, A TEXTURAL WONDER - BLOSSOM TO STEM
BITTERSWEET SHORTBREAD BROWNIES • OH, HONEY HONEY
SHORTBREAD CARAMEL BROWNIE BARS RECIPE -SUNSET MAGAZINE
BROWNIE SHORTBREAD BARS WITH GANACHE | BUTTERMILK BY SAM
FOLLOWING THE SHORTBREAD CRUMBS - DAVID SMITH
BITTERSWEET BROWNIE SHORTBREAD MELISSA CLARK
17 FREEZER-FRIENDLY DESSERTS FOR ANYTIME SWEETS - THE NEW YORK …
You'll also love