I like to use dandelion green in many recipes. With hearty meatballs in a wonderful chicken broth, this dish is dandy for the entire family.-Dorothy Collins, Decatur, Illinois
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Number Of Ingredients 15
- In a large bowl, mix egg, cheese, bread crumbs, parsley, sour cream, onion and seasonings. Add ground meat; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into 1/2-in. balls., In a Dutch oven, combine broth, garlic powder, oregano and basil; bring to a boil. Add meatballs; cook, uncovered, 12-15 minutes or until cooked through. Skim fat., Add dandelion greens; cook, uncovered, 5-10 minutes or until wilted.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 163 calories, Fat 8g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 58mg cholesterol, Sodium 1143mg sodium, Carbohydrate 8g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 16g protein.
DANDELION GREENS AND TORTELLINI SOUP
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil. Stir in tortellini and cook uncovered, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, 10 to 11 minutes. Drain.
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add carrots and onion; cook and stir until slightly softened, about 5 minutes. Add chicken broth, tomatoes, dandelion greens, garlic powder, basil, salt, and black pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until flavors combine, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Stir tortellini into the pot and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 219.8 calories, Carbohydrate 30.4 g, Cholesterol 32.8 mg, Fat 7.6 g, Fiber 5 g, Protein 9.2 g, SaturatedFat 3.8 g, Sodium 1300.1 mg, Sugar 7.7 g
- Sauté the minced onion in the butter in the bottom of the pan in which you are going to cook the soup. The onion should be just tender but not browned.
- When ready, throw in the washed dandelion leaves and pour in the water, and bring to the boil.
- Season with salt and black pepper, stir well then lower the heat and simmer until the leaves are disintegrating into the liquid.
- While this is cooking, beat together the egg yolks with the cream.
- Remove the soup from the heat when ready so as to bring it off the boil, and leave it for a short time before adding the beaten egg and cream mixture so that it does not curdle.
- Stirring all the time, replace the pan over the lowest heat setting and simmer until the mixture thickens. When it has thickened to a smooth, creamy consistency, it is ready.
- Remove petals from Dandelion flowers and usethe petals to garnish.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 216.4, Fat 21.1, SaturatedFat 12.6, Cholesterol 158.6, Sodium 74.1, Carbohydrate 5.3, Fiber 0.9, Sugar 1.8, Protein 2.6
GREENFIELD VILLAGE DANDELION SOUP
This soup is served at the Taste of History restaurant at Greenfield Village in Dearborn, Michigan. I found this recipe on a recipe card on display inside the restaurant. You can substitute spinach for the dandelion greens if they are not available. I usually add more vegetable stock (about 2 to 4 cups) and more corn. Dried herbs can substitute for the fresh--use 4 teaspoons dried basil and 2 teaspoons dried oregano.
Provided by doobtones 2
Yield 1 gallon, 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Saute the celery, carrot, onion, basil, oregano, cumin and garlic in the vegetable oil until tender. Add the stock, bay leaf, corn, beans and potatoes and simmer until the potatoes are tender. Season with salt and pepper.
More about "dandelion soup recipes"
HEALING DANDELION GREENS STEW - MY LONGEVITY KITCHEN
Estimated Reading Time 7 mins
DANDELION RECIPES - BACKWOODS HOME MAGAZINE
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
SICILIAN DANDELION SOUP — MY INTERPRETATION – CUCINA NATURALE
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
50+ DANDELION RECIPES: DRINKS, SWEETS, SOAP, REMEDIES …
GRANDMA'S DANDELION SOUP - SWIRLS OF FLAVOR
4.5/5 (2)Total Time 30 minsCategory SoupCalories 106 per serving
- Add broth and greens and bring to a boil. Add tortellini and cook until tortellini is al dente and greens are tender, 5-7 minutes.
CREAMY DANDELION SOUP RECIPE | MYRECIPES
Servings 6Calories 155 per servingTotal Time 29 mins
- Separate 1 dandelion leaf from the bunch; thinly slice, and set aside. Fill a large Dutch oven half full with water; bring to a boil. Add remaining greens to boiling water; cover and cook for 2 minutes. Drain. Place greens in a food processor; process 30 seconds or until smooth.
- Place oil and butter in a 3-quart saucepan. Cook over medium heat until butter melts. Add onion; sauté 3 minutes or until tender. Sprinkle flour over onion mixture, stirring to coat. Add broth and next 4 ingredients (through pepper), stirring with a whisk. Stir in pureed greens. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Garnish servings evenly with reserved sliced greens. Top with sour cream, if desired. Serve with lemon wedges.
CLEANSING DANDELION SOUP + LIVING AN AUTHENTIC LIFE | …
Servings 4Estimated Reading Time 6 mins
DANDELION SOUP RECIPE / RIVERFORD
Servings 2Total Time 30 minsCategory Soups & Stews, Spring
- Clean, trim and slice the onions. Fry them gently in a little oil and butter for 5 mins until softening but not coloured.
- Peel and finely dice the potato, then add it to the pan with the garlic and bay. Fry gently for another 2 minutes. Add the stock and simmer until the potato is soft.
- Add the dandelion leaves. Cook for a further 3 minutes before adding the parsley. Remove the bay and blend the soup into a green purée.
- Season with salt, pepper and a cautious squeeze of lemon juice. Finish with a blob of crème fraîche or a swirl of cream. A grating of parmesan would not be amiss.
DANDELION SOUP RECIPE - ANTI-INFLAMMATORY CREAMY DANDELION ...
Cuisine Ayurvedic, Sattvic, VeganTotal Time 35 minsCategory SoupCalories 111 per serving
- Pour the water into a pot and set it to boil under the lid. Peel Hannah sweet potato and chop it into cubes. Add chopped sweet potatoes, dry parsley, and Herbs de Provence into boiling water and set to cook under the lid on medium heat.
- While potatoes are cooking, chop celery stalks into small cubes. Add a tablespoon of coconut oil into a pan and warm it up, incorporate universal sattvic spice mix and mace into the oil. Transfer chopped celery into a pan, mix well and set it to sauté under the lid (for about 15 min).
- When potatoes are nice and tender (it should take about 15 to 20 min), add to a pot salt, pepper, sautéed celery, and chopped dandelion leaves. Mix well, bring it to a boil, lower the heat, cover with a lid and simmer for 10 min.
CREAMY DANDELION SOUP | PALEO VEGAN WHOLE30 | EAT WELL ...
5/5 (1)Total Time 40 minsCategory SoupCalories 211 per serving
- Heat a soup pot and add ghee or olive oil. Add onion and celery, sauté on medium low for 5 minutes until softened, stirring occasionally.
DANDELION SOUP AND SAUTEED DANDELION GREENS - THAT RECIPE
Reviews 7Estimated Reading Time 1 min
- In a large pot, bring stock to a boil, add dandelions and reduce to a simmer for 30 minutes. Strain the stock and return to the pot.
- Add mushrooms and cook until soft, about 5-10 minutes. Add yogurt and butter and cook until soup is reheated, add salt and pepper to taste.
AMAZING DANDELION RECIPES TO MAKE FROM YOUR PULLED WEEDS
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
- Dandelion Tea. Also known as Dandelion Coffee, this is a very soothing and healthy drink that serves many purposes. Check out the best way to make it here.
- Dandelion Flower Fritters. An easy recipe that will have you started on snacking on dandelions in no time. See it here.
- Dandelion Green Pesto, Fresh Fig and Gorgonzola Pizza with Prosciutto. Need a reason to get excited about pizza (as if you need to)? Then try this delicious pizza recipe.
- Creamy Wild Garlic Soup with Dandelion Leaves. A simple vegan soup recipe you’ll love to make. It’s creamy and just oh so delicious.
- Stir Fried Dandelions and Potatoes with Cheese. Want a quick and tasty Italian classic? This side dish will be perfect for dinner! Recipe here. — Homesteading (@HomesteadingUSA) April 20, 2015.
- Dandelion Greens and Blood Orange Salad. Want a combination of foods that just work so well together? Then this is the salad recipe you have to try.
- Banana Dandelion Pancakes | A dreamy breakfast filled with flowers! This is what you’ll get when you make this pancake recipe.
- Dandelion Chips. In case fritters aren’t your thing, make it simple by turning them into chips. See how you can make it here.
- Dandelion Bread. This is not your ordinary bread. It’s made more special with dandelion! Check it out here. Love flower recipes? Check out all 32 Edible Flowers HERE!
21 SURPRISINGLY TASTY DANDELION RECIPES STRAIGHT FROM YOUR ...
Estimated Reading Time 6 mins
- Dandelion Pumpkin Seed Pesto. Pesto is famously versatile, who hasn’t had about a thousand bowls of pesto pasta in their lives? Swap out the basil for dandelion leaves and whip up a batch of this green goodness.
- Golden Dandelion Tempura Blooms. I had never seen anything like this before, but now I am desperate to rush home and give it a try! Go for a savory dip like teriyaki, pop some of your own chosen spices into the batter or change it up and go for sweet, tossing the cute little tempura flowers in sugar and cinnamon.
- Sautéed Spicy Dandelion Greens. It doesn’t always come as an automatic reaction to sauté greens, but it makes for an interesting alternative to a regular salad.
- Dandelion Salad with Goats Cheese and Tomato Dressing. This is basically summer in a salad. Make with or without the pasta, and pop it straight out as the star of your spread with such little effort.
- Cauliflower and Dandelion Soup. Coming into the colder months you can’t really beat a good soup. It’s both detoxifying and delicious, what more could you hope for?
- Warm Potato and Dandelion Salad. Potatoes are my favorite thing in the world, and I challenge you to think of something more versatile. This isn’t just a potato salad, this is a trendy potato salad.
- Sautéed Dandelion Greens with Eggs. You should make this just to Instagram it, look at those colors. This, in the center of a table, paired with a big loaf of crusty bread for dipping would be just heavenly.
- Pasta with Dandelion Greens and Pine Nuts. This dish looks to be smack bang in the middle of comforting and light enough not to leave you feeling like a hunk of pasta yourself when you’re done with it.
- Linguini with Mussels and Dandelion Greens. I am a massively huge seafood fan, so this one is definitely making its way straight into my pot. It’s also a more subtle way of introducing dandelion into your kitchen if you’re not quite ready to jump in at the deep end with the whole idea of eating weeds from your garden.
- Dandelion and Rosemary Shortbread. I, being the little Scottish thing that I am, am of course a big fan of shortbread, and this is no exception. For anyone who can’t cope with anything too sweet, these are the perfect balance between your classic shortbread biscuit and something a little bit different.
CREAM OF DANDELION SOUP - NATURE'S NURTURE
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
DANDELION SOUP RECIPE - LIVING ON A DIME
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
RECIPE FOR DANDELION SOUP | ALMANAC.COM
3.7/5 (6)Servings 4-6Cuisine Soups, Stews, ChowdersCategory Soup
COOKING FROM NATURE: CREAM OF DANDELION SOUP ♥
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
SICILIAN DANDELION SOUP ( #FOODIE FRIDAY) - EVERYTHING MATTERS
DANDELION RADISH SOUP FOR ANTI INFLAMMATORY AND DETOX ...
CAULIFLOWER AND DANDELION SOUP – CCS ASSOCIATES, INC.
BEST DANDELION SOUP EVER - WILD FOOD GIRL
DANDELION SOUP | RECIPES WIKI | FANDOM
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make dandelion chicken soup?Dandelion Soup 1 pkg. (6.9 oz.) chicken flavored rice mix 3 cans (10-3/4 oz.) cream of chicken soup 5 cups water 2 cups chicken, cooked and cubed 4 cups dandelion greens, torn Prepare rice mix according to directions. In a Dutch oven combine remaining ingredients, adding rice mix and heat through.
How do you cook dandelions with onions?The onion should be just tender but not browned. When ready, throw in the washed dandelion leaves and pour in the water, and bring to the boil. Season with salt and black pepper, stir well then lower the heat and simmer until the leaves are disintegrating into the liquid. While this is cooking, beat together the egg yolks with the cream.
How do you cook dandelion greens?Separate 1 dandelion leaf from the bunch; thinly slice, and set aside. Fill a large Dutch oven half full with water; bring to a boil. Add remaining greens to boiling water; cover and cook for 2 minutes. Drain. Place greens in a food processor; process 30 seconds or until smooth.
How do you cook dandelions in a Dutch oven?In a Dutch oven, combine broth, garlic powder, oregano and basil; bring to a boil. Add meatballs; cook, uncovered, 12-15 minutes or until cooked through. Add dandelion greens; cook, uncovered, 5-10 minutes or until wilted. Editor's Note: Verify that dandelion greens haven't been treated with lawn-care chemicals.