BLACK BEANS AND RICE WITH ADOBO PORK CHOPS RECIPE
Black beans and rice is a classic Latin American dinner. It is popular to serve with pan seared pork chops or chuletas The pork uses adobo seasoning and the beans have a combination of sofrito and recaito for a truly authentic meal popular in Cuba and many other Latin countries including my home country of Panama.
Provided by Analida Braeger
Categories Main dish
Number Of Ingredients 16
- In a sauce pan on medium heat cooked the diced bacon until just about crispy on the edges.
- Add the onion and cook until translucent, stirring frequently.
- Add the recaito and sofrito then continue to sauté and stir until fragrant. About 1 minute. Stir in the black bean until well combined.
- Add the cumin, oregano, chili powder and just enough water to cover the beans. (Approximately 1.5 cups.) Turn the heat to low and simmer for another 5 minutes stirring occasionally. Simmer until the sauce thickens and add salt to taste.
- After 5 minutes you can turn off the heat and keep covered until ready to serve.
- If using a rice cooker, follow rice cooker instructions. Be sure to rinse the rice.
- Place pork chops in a rectangular Pyrex dish and sprinkle evenly on both sides with the adobo seasoning. Let them sit for about 5 minutes.
- Cook on a hot skillet for about 2 minutes on each side, until they are brown. They should reach an internal temperature of 145° F.
- *You can serve the dish with lime wedges, they are a nice accent to the pork.
- Omit the bacon and onions then place the black beans, sofrito, recaito, cumin, oregano, chili powder in a microwave safe bowl.
- Add enough water to cover the beans. Microwave on high power for 2 minutes. Set aside for 5 minutes covered. Uncover and stir when ready to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 496 kcal, Carbohydrate 46 g, Protein 41 g, Fat 16 g, SaturatedFat 5 g, Cholesterol 93 mg, Sodium 636 mg, Fiber 10 g, Sugar 1 g, ServingSize 1 serving
PORK CHOPS AND BEANS
This hearty combination of tender pork chops and two kinds of beans makes a satisfying supper from the slow cooker in summer or winter," assures Dorothy Pritchett of Wills Point, Texas.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown chops on both sides. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Discard drippings, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings in skillet. Add onions; cook and stir until tender. Add garlic; cook and stir 1 minute. Stir in chili sauce, brown sugar and mustard. Pour over chops., Cook, covered, on low 4 hours or until meat is almost tender. Stir in beans. Cook, covered, 1 to 2 hours longer or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 297 calories, Fat 5g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 14mg cholesterol, Sodium 607mg sodium, Carbohydrate 45g carbohydrate (10g sugars, Fiber 11g fiber), Protein 19g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
BLACK BEANS AND PORK CHOPS
A hearty dinner, great with rice! It is one of family's favorite dinners given to me by my sister. You may adjust amounts of beans and salsa to your preference. I always seem to add more!
Provided by lovebeingamom
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Season pork chops with pepper.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook pork chops in hot oil until browned, 3 to 5 minutes per side.
- Pour beans and salsa over pork chops and season with cilantro. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, cover the skillet, and simmer until pork chops are cooked no longer pink in the center, 20 to 35 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 145 degrees F (63 degrees C).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 391.7 calories, Carbohydrate 21.8 g, Cholesterol 72.1 mg, Fat 18.7 g, Fiber 8.5 g, Protein 33.8 g, SaturatedFat 6.3 g, Sodium 836.5 mg, Sugar 2 g
PORK CHOPS IN BLACK BEANS
I found this recipe on the what_a_crock community on livejournal. It was posted by delwyncole and sounds absolutely yummy. I can't wait to try it. It is pan cooked pork chops in black beans. They didn't give exact measurements so I am guessing with this. I had to transform the rough recipe into something more like a formal recipe. I am hoping I got the proportions right, but when I try it I will fix the recipe.
Provided by arualanne
Categories < 30 Mins
Yield 2 chops, 2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- sprinkle chops with a little salt and chili powder, sear both sides in a super-hot pan
- Rinse a can of black beans and pour it over the top.
- Pour a 1/2 cup of your favorite salsa on top of this.
- Cover with a lid.
- turn the heat down to low and cook for 15-20 minutes depending on the thickness of the chop, they can also be put in the oven at about 325 for 20 minutes or so if you prefer, or if they're really thick.
- When they come out, sprinkle some sharp cheddar and chopped green onion on them.
FRIED PORK CHOPS WITH BUTTERED BEANS
- In a heavy-bottomed skillet heat the canola oil over medium-high heat.
- In a shallow baking dish or pie plate combine the flour with cornmeal, bread crumbs, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, paprika, cayenne, salt and pepper, to taste. Put the pork chops into the flour mixture coating completely and shaking off excess. Fry in hot oil until golden brown on both sides and cooked through, about 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Remove the chops from oil and drain on a sheet pan lined with a brown paper bag. Reserve 2 chops for Round 2 Pork Parmesan recipe.
- In a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons of butter, then add diced ham and saute until lightly browned. Add the onions, and remaining 2 tablespoons butter, salt and pepper, to taste and saute until translucent. Add the butter beans and saute for 5 minutes. Reserve 2 cups of the sauteed beans and onions for Round 2 Bean Dip recipe. Arrange the chops on serving plates and serve with the beans alongside.
PORK TACOS WITH BLACK BEANS
- Heat 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add half of the garlic and cook, stirring, until golden, about 1 minute. Add the beans and bring to a simmer. Remove from the heat, sprinkle with the cheese and cover to keep warm.
- Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the pork, the remaining garlic, half of the red onion, the cumin, cayenne and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Cook, stirring, until the pork is browned, about 5 minutes; transfer to a bowl with a slotted spoon. Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in the skillet. Add the bell pepper, zucchini and 1/4 teaspoon salt and cook until crisp-tender, about3 minutes. Return the pork to the skillet; add a splash of water, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Fill the tortillas with the pork and vegetable mixture. Serve with the beans. Sprinkle with the remaining chopped onion.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 616 calorie, Fat 38 grams, SaturatedFat 12 grams, Cholesterol 89 milligrams, Sodium 596 milligrams, Carbohydrate 39 grams, Fiber 6 grams, Protein 33 grams
PORK CHOPS WITH RICE AND BEANS
- Preheat the broiler. Heat the olive oil in a medium pot over medium-high heat. Add the bell pepper, onion, garlic, cumin, salt and pepper and cook until slightly soft, about 3 minutes. Add the tomato sauce and 1/2 cup water and bring to a simmer.
- Set aside about half of the tomato sauce mixture in a bowl. Add 3/4 cup more water and the rice to the pot and bring to a boil. Add the beans and their liquid, stir and reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook, undisturbed, until the rice is tender, about 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and let sit, covered, 5 more minutes.
- Meanwhile, pierce the pork chops with a fork and rub with the vinegar, and salt and pepper to taste. Arrange on a foil-lined broiler pan. Pour the reserved tomato mixture over the pork chops and turn to coat. Broil, without turning, until golden brown, about 8 minutes.
- Fluff the rice and beans with a fork. Season with salt and pepper. Divide the pork chops and rice and beans among plates and drizzle with the broiler-pan juices.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 678, Fat 27 grams, SaturatedFat 8 grams, Cholesterol 120 milligrams, Sodium 364 milligrams, Carbohydrate 64 grams, Fiber 8 grams, Protein 47 grams
MANGO-BLACK PEPPER GLAZED GRILLED PORK CHOPS WITH MANGO-BLACK BEAN-GREEN ONION SALSA AND YUCCA FRIES
- Place vinegar, sugar and peppercorns in saucepan and reduce until thickened. Whisk in mango puree and cook 1 minute. Strain into bowl. Preheat grill. Brush pork chops with olive oil on both sides and season with salt. Grill for 5 minutes on each side for medium doneness. Remove and brush liberally with the glaze.
- For the Mango Salsa: Combine all ingredients in medium bowl and season with salt and pepper. Let sit for 30 minutes before serving.
- For the Yucca Steak Fries: Place yucca in pot filled with 1 quart water and 2 tablespoons of salt. Simmer for 20 to 25 minutes or until soft through the center. Remove from heat with slotted spoon to bowl of ice water. Drain on paper towels. Cut yucca into fries, 3 inches long by 3/4 inches wide. Place cornmeal in medium bowl and add 1 tablespoon salt and ancho chile powder. Roll fries in cornmeal mixture. Preheat oil to 370 degrees F. Fry yucca in batches until golden brown. Drain on plate lined with paper towels and salt immediately.
SPICY PORK CHOPS WITH BLACK BEANS
- Preheat a large grill pan or grill over medium-high heat. Rub the pork chops with 3/4 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper in a large bowl. Add 1/4 cup enchilada sauce, the chile powder and 2 teaspoons olive oil. Rub all over the pork and set aside at room temperature. Toss the sliced red onion with the lime juice and a pinch of salt in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Heat the remaining 5 teaspoons olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the chopped red onion and cook, stirring, until softened, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the cilantro stems and remaining 2 tablespoons enchilada sauce and cook, stirring, until mostly dry, 2 minutes. Add the beans and their liquid along with 1/2 cup water; bring to a simmer. Mash about one-third of the beans against the side of the pan with a spoon. Cook until the sauce coats the beans, 10 minutes; season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, lightly char the tortillas on the grill pan, about 1 minute per side. Stack and wrap in a kitchen towel to keep warm.
- Lightly oil the grill pan. Grill the pork chops until marked and cooked through, about 2 minutes per side. Divide the pork chops, beans, tortillas and avocado among plates. Season the avocado with salt and pepper. Toss the cilantro leaves with the sliced red onion, then add to the plates.
GATORBEK'S CUBAN PORK, BLACK BEANS, AND YELLOW RICE
The cumin, lime, and cilantro combined with the kick of red pepper makes this a great, Cuban-style dish. Serve with some crusty bread, and you're good to go!
Provided by Gatorbek
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Prepare yellow rice according to package directions.
- To prepare the black beans, combine the first seven ingredients in a medium saucepan.
- Bring just to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer on a back burner, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat.
- Combine remaining dry ingredients (flour, cumin, oregano, cayenne, onion powder, and garlic powder) in a 1 gallon zipper bag.
- Add pork to bag and shake vigorously to coat.
- Remove pork from bag and add to hot oil.
- Brown on all sides, stirring until done.
- Remove pork to a plate and turn off heat to skillet.
- Pour black bean mixture into skillet to absorb pork drippings, stir gently until combined.
- To serve, put a scoop of yellow rice on each plate, topped with a generous ladle of black beans.
- Top with pork and garnish with lime wedge and sprig of cilantro.
- Serve with crusty bread.
PORK AND BLACK BEAN STEW
- Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat, stir in garlic and onion, and cook a few minutes until the onion softens and turns translucent. Remove the onion, and place into a saucepan. Pour the remaining 1 tablespoon vegetable oil into the skillet, and place over medium-high heat. Add cubed pork, and cook until well browned.
- Meanwhile, pour 3/4 of the black beans along with 1/4 cup water into the bowl of a blender, and pulse until finely chopped, but not quite smooth. Pour whole beans and bean puree into saucepan along with pork cubes, chicken stock, chorizo, and bay leaves. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer 30 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 482.1 calories, Carbohydrate 27.4 g, Cholesterol 76.7 mg, Fat 26.7 g, Fiber 10 g, Protein 32.8 g, SaturatedFat 8.4 g, Sodium 1361.2 mg, Sugar 1.8 g
EASY OVEN BAKED BEANS AND PORK CHOPS
This is an easy but really tasty pork chop dish --- purchase the thicker size pork chops or you may use 2-3 larger pork steaks, the thinner chops tend to fall apart when baked as they bake too fast, if desired you can top with shredded cheddar cheese the last 15 minutes of baking, also chopped fresh garlic may be added also to the bean mixture -- this may also be cooked in a crockpot, just brown the chops firstly in a skillet.
Provided by Kittencalrecipezazz
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown the chops in a frypan on both sides with salt, pepper and garlic powder (if using); set aside.
- Grease an Dutch oven or a oven-proof casserole dish (large enough to hold the ingredients).
- In a bowl mix together the pork and beans, chopped onion, chopped green pepper, BBQ sauce, ketchup, brown sugar and cayenne pepper (if using).
- Layer HALF of the bean mixture on the bottom of Dutch oven.
- Lay the pork chops on top of the bean mixture.
- Top with remaining bean mixture.
- Bake covered or uncovered for about 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until the chops are tender (if you prefer a thicker sauce then bake covered for half the time then finish baking uncovered).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 782.6, Fat 27.7, SaturatedFat 9.3, Cholesterol 199, Sodium 1512, Carbohydrate 68.3, Fiber 13.3, Sugar 19.7, Protein 67.6
SOUTHWESTERN PORK CHOPS
This recipe came out of necessity! I love to cook but hate to grocery shop, and one day I found myself with nothing but some pork chops, canned black beans and canned tomatoes. This is the dish I came up with, and my husband loved it.-Vicki L. Blaine, Plymouth, Michigan
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 15
- In a large skillet, saute onion in 1 tablespoon oil for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the tomatoes, beans, broth, chili powder, oregano, cumin and pepper flakes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4-5 minutes or until heated through. , Meanwhile, in another skillet, brown pork chops on both sides in remaining oil over medium-high heat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Pour tomato mixture over chops. Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Using a slotted spoon, serve over rice. Sprinkle with cilantro if desired. Freeze option: Cool pork chop mixture. Freeze in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through slowly in a covered skillet until a thermometer inserted in pork reads 165°, stirring occasionally and adding a little broth or water if necessary. Serve as directed.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 508 calories, Fat 25g fat (8g saturated fat), Cholesterol 111mg cholesterol, Sodium 683mg sodium, Carbohydrate 25g carbohydrate (7g sugars, Fiber 7g fiber), Protein 43g protein.
PORK, BLACK BEAN, AND RICE CASSEROLE
Hubby and I go grocery shopping only once a week because of the stay-at-home order due to the Coronavirus. We got lucky and found a 25-pound pork shoulder roast for $0.59 per pound! Though it's only the 2 of us at home, we could not pass up such a great bargain. We cut the roast up into 2-pound chunks and individually vacuum packed them with our FoodSaver. I made this with items in my pantry and it is filling and delicious.
Provided by Yoly
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Combine pork cubes, 1/2 cup water, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a Dutch oven. Cover and cook over medium heat for 20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes. Uncover, raise heat to medium-high, and cook, stirring constantly, until the water evaporates. Cook until pork starts to brown in its rendered fat, about 10 minutes. Add onion and cook for 5 to 10 minutes more. Add minced garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add black beans, cream of chicken soup, tomatoes, Hatch chiles, instant rice, corn, salsa, 1/4 cup water, 1/2 teaspoon salt, chili powder, cumin, black pepper, and 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese. Stir to combine.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Pour pork mixture into the prepared baking dish and bake until thoroughly warmed, 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from oven and top with remaining cheese. Let sit until cheese has melted.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 317.9 calories, Carbohydrate 28.1 g, Cholesterol 60.5 mg, Fat 12.1 g, Fiber 5.3 g, Protein 24.2 g, SaturatedFat 5.4 g, Sodium 1383.2 mg, Sugar 2.2 g
PORK CHOPS WITH BAKED BEANS
In Shoreview, Minnesota, Kris Wenner makes this hearty meal-in-one. She places tender pork chops on a bed of baked beans, then tops them with lemon and onion slices before baking. Use extra baked beans from the previous recipe or try the canned variety for anytime convenience.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, combine the beans and tomato sauce. In a skillet, brown pork chops on both sides in oil; place over the beans. In a bowl, combine the brown sugar, ketchup and mustard; pour over chops. Top each with an onion and lemon slice. Cover and bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until meat juices run clear.
Nutrition Facts :
PORK IN BLACK BEAN SAUCE
- Stir fry pork, garlic and ginger in a tablespoon or so of vegetable oil in a wok or large skillet for about 4-5 minutes or till cooked through.
- Remove from pan, add peppers and green onions and stir fry 2 minutes or till still fairly crisp.
- Meanwhile mix all the rest of the ingredients together, add to pan with pork, cook, stirring, till thickened and bubbly, 1 minute or so.
BLACK BEAN PORK BURRITOS
Tender pork pieces are wrapped in soft tortillas and topped with a flavorful salsa. This simple dish from Fiona Seels and Jason Martinek of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania has a refreshing hint of lime.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 16
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the limeade concentrate, oil, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper; add pork. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 20 minutes. , For salsa, in a small bowl, combine the tomatoes, green pepper, onion, 1/4 cup cilantro, jalapeno, lime juice, garlic powder and remaining salt and pepper. Set aside., Meanwhile, cook rice according to package directions. Stir in remaining cilantro; keep warm. Drain and discard marinade. In a large nonstick skillet, saute pork for 5-6 minutes or until no longer pink; drain. , Sprinkle 1/3 cup cheese off-center on each tortilla. Layer each with about 1/2 cup pork and 1/4 cup salsa; top with 1/2 cup rice mixture and 1/4 cup black beans. Fold sides and ends over filling. Serve with remaining salsa.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 690 calories, Fat 23g fat (11g saturated fat), Cholesterol 70mg cholesterol, Sodium 1586mg sodium, Carbohydrate 83g carbohydrate (11g sugars, Fiber 7g fiber), Protein 36g protein.
JERRE'S BLACK BEAN AND PORK TENDERLOIN SLOW COOKER CHILI
- Combine pork tenderloin, onion, red pepper, black beans, salsa, chicken broth, oregano, cumin, and chili powder in a slow cooker. Set to Low and cook for 8 to 10 hours.
- Break up pieces of cooked pork to thicken the chili before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 245.1 calories, Carbohydrate 31.9 g, Cholesterol 37.1 mg, Fat 2.8 g, Fiber 12.6 g, Protein 24 g, SaturatedFat 0.9 g, Sodium 1044.6 mg, Sugar 2.6 g
INSTANT POT® BLACK BEAN PORK CHOPS
These quick and tasty pork chops are made with black beans and diced tomatoes with green chilies. They are perfect served with rice and topped with sour cream and fresh cilantro.
Provided by Tammy Lynn
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Season pork chops with salt and pepper. Mix chili powder, cumin, and onion powder together and sprinkle on pork chops, rubbing the spices into the meat.
- Turn on a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot®) and select Saute function; add olive oil. Sear pork chops until they are nicely browned, about 2 minutes per side. Remove pork chops and add chicken broth to deglaze and scrape up any bits of food on the bottom of the pan. Turn off Saute function. Add pork chops back to the pot, top with black beans and diced tomatoes with green chilies, and stir slightly.
- Close and lock the lid. Select high pressure according to manufacturer's instructions; set timer for 5 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- Release pressure using the natural-release method according to manufacturer's instructions for 5 minutes. Release remaining pressure carefully using the quick-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, about 5 minutes. Unlock and remove the lid.
- Serve the pork chops with the black beans and tomatoes, and top with 1 tablespoon sour cream and 1/2 tablespoon chopped cilantro.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 378.3 calories, Carbohydrate 22.5 g, Cholesterol 79 mg, Fat 15.5 g, Fiber 8.6 g, Protein 36.7 g, SaturatedFat 5.6 g, Sodium 832.6 mg, Sugar 0.4 g
More about "black beans and pork chops recipes"
BLACK BEANS AND RICE WITH PORK - VIGO FOODS
PORK RIBS WITH BLACK BEAN SAUCE - THE WOKS OF LIFE
PORK AND BLACK BEAN SOUP | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
SKILLET PORK CHOPS AND BEANS RECIPE | REAL SIMPLE
10 BEST LEFTOVER PORK AND BEANS RECIPES | YUMMLY
PORK CHOPS AND BAKED BEANS - THE FARMWIFE COOKS
MEXICAN PORK AND BLACK BEAN STEW - GLEBE KITCHEN
BLACK BEANS AND PORK CHOPS - SPRING HOUSE FARM
CROCKPOT PORK ADOBO WITH BLACK BEANS RECIPE - PINCH OF YUM
BLACK BEAN-AND-CORN SALSA PORK CHOPS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
PORK & BLACK BEANS | PORK RECIPES | JAMIE OLIVER
INSTANT POT PORK CHOPS WITH BLACK BEAN SAUCE - OMNIVORE'S …
RECIPES, DINNERS AND EASY MEAL IDEAS | FOOD NETWORK
10 BEST PORK CHOPS WITH BLACK BEANS AND RICE RECIPES
CROCKPOT BLACK BEANS AND PORK CHOPS - MY HOT SOUTHERN MESS
PORK IN BLACK BEAN SAUCE RECIPE - BBC FOOD
SKILLET PORK AND BLACK BEANS WITH RICE - COOKING CHAT
PORK STIR FRY WITH BLACK BEAN SAUCE - CHINA SICHUAN FOOD
SLOW COOKER PORK AND BEANS : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
SLOW COOKER PORK CHOPS AND BEANS RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
RICK BAYLESSPORK AND BLACK BEAN DINNER - RICK BAYLESS
SOUTHWEST PORK CHOP FOIL PACKS RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
10 BEST CHINESE PORK WITH BLACK BEAN SAUCE RECIPES - YUMMLY
BLACK BEAN SOUP WITH SHREDDED PORK RECIPE | MYRECIPES
BAKED RANCH PORK CHOPS & GREEN BEANS - THAT LOW CARB LIFE
SOUTHWEST PORK IN BLACK BEAN SAUCE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
PORK WITH BLACK BEAN SAUCE - THE HAPPY FOODIE
10 BEST PORK CHOPS WITH BLACK EYED PEAS RECIPES | YUMMLY
You'll also love